PDA

View Full Version : KOREN ROBINSON!!!

gbpackfan
09-24-2006, 03:40 PM
I just heard on 620 that K-Rob averaged 28.something on kick off returns. that is pretty damn good. He also made one hell of a catch to keep a drive alive. I enjoyed seeing him make more of impact this week. I just hope doesn't have to go to the clink next month.

MJZiggy
09-24-2006, 03:41 PM
That's called take what you can get while you can get it. WooHOOOOOO!!

Iron Mike
09-24-2006, 03:44 PM
The next drink is on me, K-Rob!!!! :wink:

FritzDontBlitz
09-24-2006, 03:44 PM
lol

MJZiggy
09-24-2006, 03:47 PM
Maybe we should send him a package of kool-aid.

billy_oliver880
09-24-2006, 03:50 PM
From the sounds of this pickup by TT it is was a good one. No signing bonus and the vet minimum for a guy who is producing. Can't get much better then that. :D

The Leaper
09-24-2006, 03:52 PM
I'm still a little leery...but so far, the results have been promising. Morency also made a nice special teams tackle and probably will see more playing time thanks to Herron and Green being unable to hold on to the ball.

BallHawk
09-24-2006, 03:53 PM
Is Noah the #2? If so, I'd put Morency there instead. Morency is faster and Herron's fumble really hurt us.

MJZiggy
09-24-2006, 04:08 PM
Yes, and that fumble also seemed to get Morency a few extra snaps.

red
09-24-2006, 04:19 PM
that was a great catch he had, big time play by a great player

Iron Mike
09-24-2006, 04:22 PM
that was a great catch he had, big time play by a great player

Yep. Notice the Defensive Pass Interference going on during that catch?

Lurker64
09-24-2006, 05:10 PM
From the sounds of this pickup by TT it is was a good one. No signing bonus and the vet minimum for a guy who is producing. Can't get much better then that. :D

Not only that, but after K-Rob spends his time in Jail and sits out for a year, TT will have the first shot at picking up Robinson after he bounces yet again due to Thompson's relationship with the troubled receiver.

Though honestly, that thought is kind of ghoulish.

HarveyWallbangers
09-24-2006, 05:12 PM
Great play and some solid returns. He helps this team now. I still worry about him come three weeks from now, but gotta give credit to him today. The one play he did make may have made the difference in the game today.

MJZiggy
09-24-2006, 05:23 PM

Not only that, but after K-Rob spends his time in Jail and sits out for a year, TT will have the first shot at picking up Robinson after he bounces yet again due to Thompson's relationship with the troubled receiver.

He won't have to pick him up again. Even if he sits for a year, he's still under contract with us for two years, so unless we release him (yeah, right) we'll have him back when all is said and done.

Bretsky
09-24-2006, 05:39 PM
Great play and some solid returns. He helps this team now. I still worry about him come three weeks from now, but gotta give credit to him today. The one play he did make may have made the difference in the game today.

With all the season about the rebuild mentality, this team was due for a couple moves to help us win now.

B

Partial
09-24-2006, 06:01 PM

He won't have to pick him up again. Even if he sits for a year, he's still under contract with us for two years, so unless we release him (yeah, right) we'll have him back when all is said and done.

That's not exactly Packer People, though. Bringing a guy back to the team after a year in prison? That just would be a smart public relations move!! But then again, i saw that Cinci receiver who committed like 700 crimes since being drafted catch like 45 touchdowns today.

Joemailman
09-25-2006, 08:14 PM
The following paragraph is from an article about Odell Thurman getting arrested:

The second-year linebacker currently is serving a four-game suspension for violation of the league's substance abuse policy. He's now in the same potential predicament as Packers receiver Koren Robinson -- charged with an alcohol-related offense at a time when the player is already "in" Stage Three of the substance-abuse program. Depending on the specific requirements of Thurman's treatment plan, the 0.17 percent test result could be enough to trigger a one-year suspension

This would seem to indicate that if Robinson isn't convicted of evading police, it is not automatic that he would be suspended by the league for drunk driving. Anybody know what the "specific requirements" of a drug treatment plan refer to?

Rastak
09-25-2006, 08:20 PM
The following paragraph is from an article about Odell Thurman getting arrested:

The second-year linebacker currently is serving a four-game suspension for violation of the league's substance abuse policy. He's now in the same potential predicament as Packers receiver Koren Robinson -- charged with an alcohol-related offense at a time when the player is already "in" Stage Three of the substance-abuse program. Depending on the specific requirements of Thurman's treatment plan, the 0.17 percent test result could be enough to trigger a one-year suspension

This would seem to indicate that if Robinson isn't convicted of evading police, it is not automatic that he would be suspended by the league for drunk driving. Anybody know what the "specific requirements" of a drug treatment plan refer to?

Face reality, he's got NO shot at evading this one. He WILL be conviced of DUI. He was supposed to abstain from alcohol and he already tested positive as will come out in trial. His evading police will only result in further jail, it could be concurrent with the jail time the Washington judge should give him. I know Tarlem thinks people shouldn't ever have consequences for crimes but that ain't how the world normally works.

GrnBay007
09-25-2006, 08:35 PM

Is that his 1st DUI in that State? If so, the eluding charge may bring more time than the DUI, in which case a deal could be cut to plead guilty to eluding if the DUI is dropped to Wreckless Driving....or something along those lines. It all depends on the language too. Above it says charged with an alcohol related offense, not convicted. All depends on the wording and what kind of deal is cut.

gbpackfan
09-25-2006, 08:36 PM
I'd say he is in pretty deep water. However, so was OJ and he killed 2 people. Stranger things have happened. I am never surprised when athletes or celebrities aren't convicted.

Rastak
09-25-2006, 08:38 PM
I'd say he is in pretty deep water. However, so was OJ and he killed 2 people. Stranger things have happened. I am never surprised when athletes or celebrities aren't convicted.

I'm with ya on the OJ thing. I don't know how old you are but I said to myself over and over and over he never could do that. Then I watched the trial....he friggen killed those people.

GrnBay007
09-25-2006, 08:41 PM
I'm with ya on the OJ thing. I don't know how old you are but I said to myself over and over and over he never could do that. Then I watched the trial....he friggen killed those people.

Ras, you must have missed the part with the glove!! :razz: :wink:

sad day when that verdict was announced!

GBRulz
09-25-2006, 08:49 PM

I hear ya. I watched some documentary on it just a couple of months ago. Amazing that the whole story could be wrapped up in a 2 hour show. Anyhow, after watching it, it pissed me off even more that he was not convicted. The cops really messed up, that's for sure.

Iron Mike
09-25-2006, 09:09 PM

I hear ya. I watched some documentary on it just a couple of months ago. Amazing that the whole story could be wrapped up in a 2 hour show. Anyhow, after watching it, it pissed me off even more that he was not convicted. The cops really messed up, that's for sure.

IIRC, he WAS convicted in civil court. Guilty. 1 in 57 billion to 1 in 150 billion chance that it was someone else BESIDES Simpson, just like the DNA evidence proved.

Guiness
09-25-2006, 09:45 PM

IIRC, he WAS convicted in civil court. Guilty. 1 in 57 billion to 1 in 150 billion chance that it was someone else BESIDES Simpson, just like the DNA evidence proved.

So what you're saying is you don't consider that reasonable doubt? :mrgreen:

Rastak - I do hope you mean you watched SOME of the trial. The amount of coverage it received was absolutely inane. :crazy:

Harlan Huckleby
09-25-2006, 09:46 PM
Robinson made a couple plays yesterday - a nice return, plus an excellent diving catch - that made me realize why Thompson stuck his neck out for him. The Packers need his talent.

BallHawk
09-25-2006, 09:51 PM
The cops really messed up, that's for sure.

And somehow Johnnie Cochran turned that into his defense, that the cops had planted evidence.

"If the Glove doesn't fit, you must acquit."

I'm telling you Johnnie, that is bullshit.

RashanGary
09-25-2006, 09:56 PM
I'm a pretty forgiving fellow. I have no real morals that I live and die by. I udnerstand mistakes, I love all people equally. I truely believe all people are good.

I really like Krob. He play so hard and with so much emotion. I know why people gravitate to him. He's the type of guy that you want to block for and want to play with.

What is it with addicts and people loving them? Favre was the same way. He was all messed up but he played so hard and he loved his teammates. I guess that is the way it goes.

I hope he works hard and finishes his career in GB. He'll never make a ton of money again, but he could make a nice life for himself. I hope he gets it on track like FAvre. I think Favre will really warm up to him. Krob has a gravitating personality. Him and Favre both remind me of my lil Bro...He drinks like a fish, messes up, but he's a great person and EVERYONE who runs in to him loves him. In a way, he gets too many chances because he's so damn charismatic. I think KRob and Favre were both that way. Favre got it on track. I hope KRob can to. For that matter, I hope my Bro does too. He makes good money, is 21 years old, has sex iwth like 2 girsl a week *you'd have to be a guy to appreicate that* and has a general good direction, but you just can't help but think it will all crash wiht one drunk driving or something...

Anyway..I like Krob and i just had 4 Sam Adams *I don't drink too often but I had ot buy beer for fresh Walleye...Anyway, That's enough..Geeze, I'm rambling.

oregonpackfan
09-25-2006, 10:05 PM
The plays he made in the game have to be a boost for KR.

For his long term health and recovery, I hope he is receiving some form of out-patient alcohol counselin while he is with the Packers.

OPF

HarveyWallbangers
09-25-2006, 10:20 PM
And somehow Johnnie Cochran turned that into his defense, that the cops had planted evidence.

"If the Glove doesn't fit, you must acquit."

I'm telling you Johnnie, that is bullshit.

Weren't you like 2 years old when the trial took place?
:D

Terry
09-26-2006, 01:00 PM
I'm highly impressed by all the psychics in here who are comfortable in their knowledge about who killed who. Hell, Alison Dubois doesn't have that sort of confidence and she actually SEES what went down in her dreams. lol.

I'm also glad to see all these true descendents of those inspired founding fathers; all you folk who have such belief in the American system, that someone is actually innocent until proven guilty beyond reasonable doubt.

This is all a bit funny considering that I never hear a peep from people about our glorious president's absolute certainty that a miscarriage of justice is just plain impossible in Texas when it comes to all those people on death row (the ones still alive, that is).

As for that enlightened fellow who brought up the civil trial, uh, gee, where do I start. As Pastorak or whatever his name is (Patler, yes, I know, but ole redneck Fargo talkin' Rastak gets me confused) pointed out recently, the burden of proof is very different in a civil case. All I can say is God help you if you ever get snared by some circumstantial evidence and you have to face a jury of 12 people exactly like you.

You know, the funny thing is, OJ probably DID do it, but that's not the point. The point is that the word "probably" didn't enter into a single post in this thread that refererenced OJ. Well, shame on the lot of you. The prosecution put up a bad, bad case and believe me, you do NOT want courts convicting people in this country on bad cases. You need to study the Sam Shepard case, if you want to really see injustice - in THAT case, the prosecution had NO case, but the jury convicted. (Oh yeah, that case was the real life inspiration for The Fugitive, btw.) At the time Dorothy Kilgallen wrote that she had no idea if Sam Shepard had bludgeoned his wife to death or not, but that that jury could bring in a guilty case after a completely empty presentation by the prosecution was a travesty of the most enormous proportions.

MadtownPacker
09-26-2006, 01:07 PM
I thought KRob did well and hope he gets more involved in the O this week. :mrgreen:

Harlan Huckleby
09-26-2006, 01:07 PM
http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/dayart/20040810/kato.jpg

There's the real killer, right there. I just got a feeling about it.

MJZiggy
09-26-2006, 02:02 PM
I thought KRob did well and hope he gets more involved in the O this week. :mrgreen:

Yes, that catch was amazing and he's gonna break a return yet.

packrulz
09-26-2006, 02:32 PM
I was thinking if Krob's lawyer is good he might be able to do his time in the offseason then do a bunch of community service for charities, plus probation. He would have to hold off the trial though, as long as possible, I think the NFL makes their determination how long he's suspended based on the verdict. Until then he gets to play.

packrulz
09-26-2006, 04:18 PM
Sep 26 Kevin Goheen, of the Cincinnati Post, reports Cincinnati Bengals WR Chris Henry, who was in the vehicle when teammate LB Odell Thurman was charged with a DUI, could be charged with violating conditions of his probation. In a prior court case, Henry was ordered to stay away from alcohol by a judge when he was released from jail after being arrested for providing alcohol to minors. It is still unclear as to whether Thurman's incident could cause more problems for Henry.