PDA

View Full Version : How'd You Come To Be A Packer Rat

Partial
09-24-2006, 06:09 PM
Just curious!

Bretsky
09-24-2006, 06:25 PM
Started in JS; then after the incompetence of dealing with the bad people stirring up trouble went to CE. Then when CE shut down was happy to come here.

B

GBRulz
09-24-2006, 06:32 PM
Started in JS; then after the incompetence of dealing with the bad people stirring up trouble went to CE. Then when CE shut down was happy to come here.

B

ditto for me

justanotherpackfan
09-24-2006, 06:36 PM
PackerChatters when some1 made that post.

KYPack
09-24-2006, 06:38 PM
Triple ditto

We were a lost tribe, wandering in cyberspace, then we were abducted by a Mexican gang member.

Partial
09-24-2006, 06:43 PM

Do you still post over there?

BallHawk
09-24-2006, 06:47 PM
I was at JSO, but when there was the Lawyer Joe B.S., and all the trolls. I stayed for a while after several people left, but than it turned political and no football, so I came here. And I'm glad I did.

justanotherpackfan
09-24-2006, 06:47 PM

Do you still post over there?
No, they don't have any good off topic discussions. I only look at the rumors.

Partial
09-24-2006, 06:49 PM
I'm glad you guys like it here!

retailguy
09-24-2006, 07:35 PM
How'd I become a Packerrat?

I was kidnapped by the Mexican mafia.

billy_oliver880
09-24-2006, 07:42 PM
I never posted on the JSO because of the obvious problems there. I posted on CE when we moved there and then got invited to come on over to the Packer Rats. I have stayed ever since. :D

MasonCrosby
09-24-2006, 07:44 PM
moved here when someone mentioned it on the troll ridden ESPN boards... madtown seems to do an excellent job of keeping any would be trolls in check...

Brando19
09-24-2006, 07:44 PM
I believe it was google that lead me to this fine site.

Partial
09-24-2006, 07:45 PM
moved here when someone mentioned it on the troll ridden ESPN boards... madtown seems to do an excellent job of keeping any would be trolls in check...

Interesting. ESPN boards eh.

Who here posts on ESPN boards that would have advertised?!?

Partial
09-24-2006, 07:46 PM

Even more interesting yet. Any chance you remember what your search was for?

billy_oliver880
09-24-2006, 07:48 PM

I just typed in Packer Rats and I got the main page.

MasonCrosby
09-24-2006, 07:48 PM

Interesting. ESPN boards eh.

Who here posts on ESPN boards that would have advertised?!?

i don't remember what their forum name was...in fact i barely posted there i just read the posts and tried to get a little more packer news from there... but with 9 year olds trolling there it got annoying...

Brando19
09-24-2006, 07:52 PM

I don't remember exactly..but it was somewhere along the lines of Green Bay Packers chat room or Packers forum. Something like that. I just wanted somewhere I could go to chat with other fans.

Partial
09-24-2006, 07:54 PM

I just typed in Packer Rats and I got the main page.

right, but you knew what PR was when you found it. That's awesome that PR is way up there for Packer Forum or Packer message boards, etc. That means a lot of people are linking the site.

Brando19
09-24-2006, 07:55 PM
I love this site.

Partial
09-24-2006, 08:09 PM
I love this site.

Same here :cool:

justanotherpackfan
09-24-2006, 08:14 PM
I love this site.

Partial, why'd you ever leave JSF?

Partial
09-24-2006, 08:16 PM
I love this site.

Partial, why'd you ever leave JSF?

I posted there just a few days ago.

oregonpackfan
09-24-2006, 08:56 PM
I was posting on JSO when someone from this forum invited me to join. I believe it may have been GBRulz(known as GBMichele in her previous life).

I still post at JSO but I much prefer Packer Rats.

OPF

Bretsky
09-24-2006, 09:14 PM
Oregon,
I think I sent out that invite; GBM may have as well but I think you got one from me too.

Cheers,
B

GrnBay007
09-24-2006, 09:19 PM
We were a lost tribe, wandering in cyberspace, then we were abducted by a Mexican gang member.

LOL ditto!

red
09-24-2006, 09:22 PM
none of you assholes invited me, i had to crash this shit on my own

after a tip by someone on packerchatters

GrnBay007
09-24-2006, 09:35 PM

red, you were on JSO when all the crazy stuff w/ LJ was happening, weren't you? I'm surprised you didn't know then a large group left for CE...it was not kept secret.

Badgerinmaine
09-24-2006, 09:40 PM
Nobody invited me specifically, but there was a general invitation put out on the JS forums some time ago to check this site.

Partial
09-24-2006, 09:48 PM
Nobody invited me specifically, but there was a general invitation put out on the JS forums some time ago to check this site.

Welcome to the Forum! How's it going out in Maine?

red
09-24-2006, 10:01 PM

red, you were on JSO when all the crazy stuff w/ LJ was happening, weren't you? I'm surprised you didn't know then a large group left for CE...it was not kept secret.

i think i was one of the first to leave, as soon as LJ posted all GBM's stuff, it was like the night it happened or the next day. i said, thats it, i'm out. and i never went back to check things out, so for alll i knew, you guys were still all posting there.

Badgerinmaine
09-24-2006, 10:20 PM

A lot better after the win this afternoon! Thanks for the welcome.

Joemailman
09-24-2006, 10:30 PM
I read in Grailee Illustrated that this was 007's and Michele's favorite site. :razz:

GrnBay007
09-24-2006, 10:32 PM
I read in Grailee Illustrated that this was 007's and Michele's favorite site. :razz:

.....and then you woke up! :razz:

retailguy
09-24-2006, 10:45 PM

I hear they are going to post a "naked stripfest" in the Garbage Can, later this season.... :shock: :wink:

Partial
09-24-2006, 10:49 PM

A lot better after the win this afternoon! Thanks for the welcome.

Great to hear!

Harlan Huckleby
09-24-2006, 11:13 PM
I read at JSO that this sight is a bunch of fags and jerks, and I just had to see for myself.

Partial
09-24-2006, 11:14 PM
I read at JSO that this sight is a bunch of fags and jerks, and I just had to see for myself.

Hit the nail on the head, cutie.

digitaldean
09-24-2006, 11:34 PM
I was at JSO, but when there was the Lawyer Joe B.S., and all the trolls. I stayed for a while after several people left, but than it turned political and no football, so I came here. And I'm glad I did.

Same for me. JSO was great to start out, but the Lawyer Joe and personal attack crap hit the fan.

The lack of control on the trolls didn't help either. Then when JSO did post something it was a condescending piece of garbage.

Read about the forum from a few posts and thought I'd give it a shot.

I now no longer post on JSO.

oregonpackfan
09-24-2006, 11:35 PM
Oregon,
I think I sent out that invite; GBM may have as well but I think you got one from me too.

Cheers,
B

Bretsky,

Come to think of it, I do think the invitiation was from you. Please accept my apologies.

I keep forgetting that the only thing a women would invite me to do is take out the garbage!

OPF

FavreChild
09-24-2006, 11:42 PM
I stalk Madtown. :wink:

Joemailman
09-24-2006, 11:49 PM

No wonder you couldn't stay away. We're your kind of people. (I'm a jerk, by the way).

Noodle
09-25-2006, 12:01 AM
Same general story -- JSO for a long time, then CE for a cup of coffee after things got whacky back at home, then when CE went down, back to JSO wherel I kept seeing Mad and Bluedog shamelessly flacking this site, which always got Tex going.

No special invitation or anything, never been an APer or anything, but I felt so sorry for those two, the way they were begging for posters, that I came on over. I knew I was home when Harlan set me up with my old avatar.

I've stayed because of high-quality posts, especially the guys with some advanced football knowledge, and the overall tone of debate -- zesty, but not vitriolic.

I've said it before, but you've got to give a lot of credits to the mods, even if they do enjoy intimate moments with the occassional goat or donkey. To each his own I say.

MadtownPacker
09-25-2006, 02:26 AM
I stalk Madtown. :wink:
I came here for the white girls! :mrgreen:

GBRulz
09-25-2006, 10:11 AM
I keep forgetting that the only thing a women would invite me to do is take out the garbage!

OPF

Unless you are like B and gladly do it on your own :lol:

GBRulz
09-25-2006, 10:16 AM
[quote=Joemailman]
I hear they are going to post a "naked stripfest" in the Garbage Can, later this season.... :shock: :wink:

Yes, 007 and I are trying to finalize the participants. Stay tuned. Although we invited David Carr and Brett Favre, we understand they are busy with football. However, some upcoming talent that we've scouted on collegeguys.com might be a perfect fit for the naked stripfest that you talk about :mrgreen:

Our to wonderful forum men - please accept our sincere apologies if you have not received your invitation yet to perform. Must be technical difficulties or something :wink:

MJZiggy
09-25-2006, 10:21 AM
Unless you have an incredible six-pack in which case, please forward photos for consideration by the EC.

GBRulz
09-25-2006, 10:30 AM
Zig, did u get my PM? I'm having issues this morning, lol

MJZiggy
09-25-2006, 10:41 AM
Yes. I replied. If you can't get it let me know and I'll shoot you an e-mail.

oregonpackfan
09-25-2006, 11:24 AM
Yes, 007 and I are trying to finalize the participants. Stay tuned. Although we invited David Carr and Brett Favre, we understand they are busy with football. However, some upcoming talent that we've scouted on collegeguys.com might be a perfect fit for the naked stripfest that you talk about :mrgreen:

Our to wonderful forum men - please accept our sincere apologies if you have not received your invitation yet to perform.

GBRulz,

I have a permission note from my wife. It simply says, "Take my husband...PLEASE!

OPF

jack's smirking revenge
09-25-2006, 11:43 AM
I was sent here from the future to shut down the upcoming Bubonic Plague apocalypse. I researched rats on the net, came across this site and figured it would be a good resource for my extermination.

But, I'm also a Packer fan, so I consider exterminating posters at PackerRats.com a conflict of interest. I'm sure my employers won't be too happy, but, hell, it's not my fault that they have their priorities screwed up.

Oh, by the way, the Packers will win the Super Bowl against the New York Jets in 2010.

tyler

(my answer: JSO. I'm not going back into the history. My troubles at JSO have been well-documented here and there.)

Harlan Huckleby
09-25-2006, 11:53 AM
Oh, by the way, the Packers will win the Super Bowl against the New York Jets in 2010.

With QB John Stockton?

Zool
09-25-2006, 11:59 AM

With QB John Stockton?The man can really throw a bounce pass, but I dont think they will allow that in the NFL.

jack's smirking revenge
09-25-2006, 12:00 PM

With QB John Stockton?

I'm not at liberty to give you details; I've already told you too much. Further elaboration is forbidden under W.A.S.T.E (World Agreement for Space-Time Engagements).

Sorry bluedog.

tyler

MateoInMex
09-26-2006, 01:00 PM
When I had received a special invite while posting on JSO, I was bouncing between the computer and tv.

Obviously, I quickly zipped up and refused to rewind, I didn't want my remote control to be in cahoots. . .and literally came right over to this site.

This sight is awesome!! There's not one fan site out there like this one.

Props to Madtown and everyone that makes this place what it is.

I wish I could post more...I wish I had an avatar, hell I wish I had a bigger ...this reminds me of that song by Skee-Lo ago!

i wish i was a little bit talla/
wish I was a balla
wish I had a girl in the hood I would call her/
wish I had a rabbit in the hat with a bat and a 6-fo impala

Enjoy ! This song was tight back in '95

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otlQSYcsIzk

jack's smirking revenge
09-26-2006, 01:03 PM
When I had received a special invite while posting on JSO, I was bouncing between the computer and tv.

Obviously, I quickly zipped up and refused to rewind, I didn't want my remote control to be in cahoots. . .and literally came right over to this site.

This sight is awesome!! Unlike any other pro team websites. There's not one fan site out there like this one.

Props to Madtown and everyone that makes this place what it is.

I wish I could post more...I wish I had an avatar, hell I wish I had a bigger schl...this reminds me of that song by Skee-Lo ago!

i wish i was a little bit talla/
wish I was a balla
wish I had a girl in the hood I would call her/
wish I had a rabbit in the hat with a bat and a 6-fo impala

I FOUND IT...ENJOY!! T

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otlQSYcsIzk

Dude, if I remember correctly, you had one of the HOTTEST avatars at JSO! You've gotta be able to come up with something here... :D

tyler

MateoInMex
09-26-2006, 01:12 PM
No doubt Tyler- Jackie Guerrido the hottest chick in tv meterology!!!

I am almost positive guyz never spanked it to a computer graphic of a tropical depression until Jackie Guerrido hit Univision as the National Weather Girl every day at 5:15 PST channel 15 if you are in Vegas, channel 41 in Wisconsin and I forget Univision's channel in LA County.

I'm remedial...I can't figure out how to post it paste..etc .can I make a plea and send anyone who has time a link of an avatar and maybe someone could put it under my name?

jack's smirking revenge
09-26-2006, 01:29 PM
No doubt Tyler- Jackie Guerrido the hottest chick in tv meterology!!!

I am almost positive guyz never spanked it to a computer graphic of a tropical depression until Jackie Guerrido hit Univision as the National Weather Girl every day at 5:15 PST channel 15 if you are in Vegas, channel 41 in Wisconsin and I forget Univision's channel in LA County.

I'm remedial...I can't figure out how to post it paste..etc .can I make a plea and send anyone who has time a link of an avatar and maybe someone could put it under my name?

I'll hook you up.

tyler

Homer Jay
09-26-2006, 05:52 PM
Unless you have an incredible six-pack in which case, please forward photos for consideration by the EC.

Six pack? I got the whole keg going on.

Little Whiskey
09-27-2006, 09:43 PM
got the link from NASCAR.COM and GUNSandAMMO.com.

GBRulz
09-27-2006, 10:21 PM
speaking of avatars....am I the only one who can't see Whiskey's? It's been blank since he's got here. at least for me!