Brando19
09-24-2006, 08:03 PM
Where do u go to vote at that site?

MJZiggy
09-24-2006, 08:07 PM
espn.com bottom right of the page.

OS PA
09-24-2006, 08:54 PM
Favre won the NBC Golden Peacock Player of the Week award =)

gbgary
09-24-2006, 08:58 PM
that's pretty cool. hey.....more people down here in texas have voted for favre than in wisconsin. what's up with that?!

red
09-24-2006, 09:16 PM
that's pretty cool. hey.....more people down here in texas have voted for favre than in wisconsin. what's up with that?!

its gotta have something to do with mike sherman

GrnBay007
09-24-2006, 11:01 PM
Favre 32%

Vote if you haven't! :D

RashanGary
09-24-2006, 11:08 PM
That was Favre's best game in a long, long time.

Makes you wonder if McCarthy is helping in that regard.

The pass-pro was outstanding. Really good work the the interior line. I was impressed...2 rookies and a 1st year starter.

Harlan Huckleby
09-24-2006, 11:10 PM
I think the main reason that Favre played better today was the performance of the rest of the team. Decent blocking, recievers catching passes.

FavreChild
09-24-2006, 11:12 PM
They showed Favre at 48% during the Broncos game, I believe.

Damn right. 19 more TDs to go. Two commentators named Favre their fantasy player of the day BEFORE the game. Finally, some respect. Jimmy Johnson...I'm waiting.

I can't wait for, say, week 13-ish when Favre is about to smash Marino's record. It will be so great to see him squirm. Boo hoo. :cool:

Pacopete4
09-24-2006, 11:15 PM
Favre is playing better because he doesnt have his 2nd string offense in there now. last year there were too many injuries and not enough talent. driver is a top 10 WR, Jennings is on his way up, fergy is making the catches he's being asked to and Robinson is playin his role that will hopefully increase. Franks, Martin, Lee are all of a sudden looking to be a good trio of TE's that have the potential to get the job done. The offensive line cant run block, but as we've seen the past 2 weeks.. they are good on the pass blocking aspect. And our RB's minus the fumbles are doing a hell of a job picking up key first downs out of the backfield.. even setting up 2nd or 3rd and short on most plays.

Homer Jay
09-24-2006, 11:48 PM
They showed Favre at 48% during the Broncos game, I believe.

Damn right. 19 more TDs to go. Two commentators named Favre their fantasy player of the day BEFORE the game. Finally, some respect. Jimmy Johnson...I'm waiting.

I can't wait for, say, week 13-ish when Favre is about to smash Marino's record. It will be so great to see him squirm. Boo hoo. :cool:

I caught the end of of the cbs pre game show. Esiason said that this was the game when people woud ask " Brett, why didn't you just retire?" He and Marino agreed it was gonna be a long day for Favre. What is it with ex QBs hating on Brett? I have no problem with others having opinions different than mine, but it burns my ass that they don't have to own what they say.

It won't be long until Marino will stand 2nd in most of the major passing stats. I look forward to that day.

cpk1994
09-25-2006, 07:48 AM
Thats why Marino hates. He doesn't want his precious records broken. He has no Super Bowl rings on his finger so if he loses the records, no one has a reason to talk about him :mrgreen:

Kiwon
09-25-2006, 07:59 AM
Brett did pretty good for a washed up guy that so many wanted to see retire. MM needs to keep spiking his Geritol.

chewy-bacca
09-25-2006, 08:04 AM
the game plan works to his favor too. it looks more like the SB years to me, a true WC style. I know it was the Lions, but I like the direction the team is going.

woodbuck27
09-25-2006, 08:35 AM

My take gbgary:

1. Those Packer fans as I am.Packer fans that are truely and dedicatedly behind and believing in Brett Favre are savoring the superb game he played Vs." the Lions ", and we will support Favre in that vote.

We realize that " the Lions " game ala " the Saints " Game was ALL on Brett Favre.

Yesterday Brett Favre (as he is) wasn't going to be denied.

Few NFL players in the History of NFL Football... have demonstrated the strengths that as fans we enjoy and fully appreciate in OUR QB.

2. We needed that "W" in a tough spot and there has to be some post game emotion involved in that huge win.

With that comes reflection and today..tomorrow back to the responsibility's due... in OUR support for " the Green Bay Packers " and Favre.

Packer fans !

Please consider your support for what Brett Favre gave to us yesterday with the time for a vote.

Support what Brett Favre will give to OUR future as Packer fans with solidarity in terms of faith in his talents and his strength as a Man.

GO PACK GO ! PACKER FAN FAITH !!

Brett Favre for 2007.... Favre Forever, Haha :cool:

woodbuck27
09-25-2006, 10:00 AM
Mon. 25 Sept.2006 9:39 AM Eastern Time.

Candidate's for NFL Sunday Stud !!

83,554 Votes

Brett Favre ... 32 %

Leading OUR Team over "the Lions" and after a second consecutive week of 340 yards passing.

Brett Favre was 25/36 for 340 yards and 3 TD's passing including TD pass #400 a 75 yard pass and strike play with OUR Rookie WR Greg Jennings ! Favre had 0 picks for an outstanding disciplined game for a QB Rating of 127.08 ...

WAY to GO Brett and " the Green Bay Packers " !!

Congratulations to all Packer fans.. that are firmly in support of OUR QB and Leader, Brett Favre. Something REAL back for US !!

Congratulations Brett Favre ...please consider giving Brett's outstanding effort your support PACKERRATS. He deserves... just that !!

Other Candidates:

Eagles RB Brian Westbrook ... 23 % -

Coming off injury and listed all week as questioable .Westbrook had an amazing day @ San Fran.... Rushing - 8 carries for 117 yards and 2 TD's and a long of 71 yards; Receiving - 4 Catch's for 47 yards and 1 TD and a long of 27 yards.

Congratulations Brian.

Redskins QB Mark Brunell ... 19% -

If Mark Brunell won't go away, why should Brett Favre?

Brunell's game Vs. the Houiston Texans...
Check this out. Brunell was 24/27 for 261 yards and 1 TD and 0 picks for a QB Rating of 119.29... Holy Mackeral, Andy !

Congratulations Mark.

Bengals WR T.J. Houshmandzadeh ... 18%

In the Bengals 28 - 20 defeat of " the Steelers " Houshmandzadeh had 9 receptions for 94 yards and 2 TD's and a long of 30 yards and again Housh was back fr. injury having missed game 2.

Congratulations Housh.

Last we have.. Candidate for NFL Sunday Stud , PK John Kasay of the Carolina Panthers.

Kasay was 4/4 with a long of 51 yards and 2/2 in converts, accounting for 14 points in the Panthers crucial 26 - 24 Victory, visiting the struggling Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

In addition Kasay punted twice for a 31.5 Avg. with 1 punt inside the 20 yard line and a long of 38 yards.

Congratulations John Kasay.

as Always...GO PACK GO..

next up ...

" Donovan McNabb and Brian Westbrook and that outstanding Eagle "D" and Packer fan faith and support.

as Always...GO PACK GO

Badgerinmaine
09-25-2006, 12:47 PM
The Sunday Stud poll is down now. It's been replaced with a poll asking what the most memorable event will be in Superdome history. Unfortuantely, Mike Holmgren being carried off the field after Super Bowl XXXI was NOT among the choices. :sad: The choices included the infamous Chris Webber time out call in the Final Four; Michael Jordan and the Final Four; the "No Mas" fight with Roberto Duran; Adam Vinatieri's Super Bowl winning field goal and tonight's return of the Saints. I had to stick with my New England neighbors on this one, but I will be watching and pulling for the Saints tonight.

woodbuck27
09-25-2006, 02:08 PM
Incidently of note in games on Sunday.

Brett Favre set a milesone with his 400th Career TD Pass but Redskins QB Mark Brunell set an All Time passing record.

Mark Brunell broke the NFL record for most consecutive passes completed in a single game ...

when he connected on his first 22 throws Sunday in a 31-15 win over the Houston Texans.

The old record was held by Oakland's Rich Gannon, who completed 21 straight against Denver on Nov. 11, 2002. ...

MJZiggy
09-25-2006, 02:15 PM
Well there's a new goal for the Pack to work on next week. 23 it is. :razz:

Fosco33
09-25-2006, 04:04 PM
Well there's a new goal for the Pack to work on next week. 23 it is. :razz:

While 22 is impressive - almost all of them were very short drop backs and routes themselves - he wasn't taking mid/deep shots early on.

I found a few interesting things of old GB QBs from Sunday.... Brunell's 22 straight (and a W); Brett's 400! (and a W); Hasselbeck's 5 TD passes (and a W).

One other odd point, Brett has more pass attempts than anyone in the league so far... with 120. He's on pace for 640 attempts - 20% higher than his yearly average of 540... let's hope he doesn't get 25 INTs this year!