PDA

View Full Version : Vernon Davis injured...

DannoMac21
09-24-2006, 08:08 PM
Here for all you Vernon Davis > AJ Hawk supporters...

SAN FRANCISCO -- San Francisco running back Frank Gore strained his abdomen and rookie tight end Vernon Davis cracked a bone in his leg on the same wacky play Sunday -- a 98-yard fumble return for a touchdown by Philadelphia's Mike Patterson.

Davis, the sixth overall pick in the draft, got hurt while trying to chase down Patterson from behind. Davis was taken off the field on a cart and is expected to miss four weeks.

Credit: ESPN.com

BallHawk
09-24-2006, 08:11 PM
I understand the argument of Hawk of Davis, but you can't base a pick of a freak injury.

MJZiggy
09-24-2006, 08:13 PM
Can we base it on the fact that Hawk KICKED ASS out there today?

I wish Vernon a speedy recovery.

DannoMac21
09-24-2006, 08:17 PM
I understand the argument of Hawk of Davis, but you can't base a pick of a freak injury.

No No I totally understand, but I was just saying what if somehow this would've been the Packers. That would've been a kick to the face.

Lurker64
09-24-2006, 08:26 PM
I can base my opinion of Hawk>Davis on my conviction that Hawk would have caught Patterson from behind. A.J. probably would have tried to rip Patterson's head off, while he was at it.

FritzDontBlitz
09-24-2006, 08:28 PM
I can base my opinion of Hawk>Davis on my conviction that Hawk would have caught Patterson from behind. A.J. probably would have tried to rip Patterson's head off, while he was at it.

yeah, but would aj be able to chase patterson down while running on a cracked leg bone?

i wish a speedy recovery for vd and chris simms...

Lurker64
09-24-2006, 08:30 PM

yeah, but would aj be able to chase patterson down while running on a cracked leg bone?

My mental immage is of Hawk hopping like a madman trying to bring down the lumbering lineman.

MadtownPacker
09-25-2006, 03:23 AM
I just hope davis punk ass is healed by December. He ran his mouth and now I want to see Hawk punish him.

BallHawk
09-25-2006, 06:57 AM
I just hope davis punk ass is healed by December. He ran his mouth and now I want to see Hawk punish him.

As do I. :razz:

PackerPro42
09-25-2006, 05:54 PM
Davis is a DA. I'm glad he's hurt because of what he said when the Packers didn't draft him.

PackerPro42
09-25-2006, 05:56 PM
Ballhawk Wrote:

You just said that Jennings was the better pick because Jackson is injured in the Jennings VS. Jackson thread.

BallHawk
09-25-2006, 06:30 PM
I never said that Jennings was the better pick, soley because Jackson is injured. However, I still think that Jennings has better skills than Jackson. Of course, injuries are unfortunate, and they are something to be avoided. VD's injury is a fracture, that is an injury that no matter how fit and conditioned you are. Hamstrings happen to the best, but sometimes a hamstring injury is something that is caused by not being in a top physical condition or being rusty from your last playing time. I'm not blaming Jackson for his injury point blank, but it is possible that he has, in some way, brought the injury onto himself.

And no matter how much of a dick someone is, it is never warranted by a severe injury. I wish Vernon a speedy recovery.

MadtownPacker
09-25-2006, 09:00 PM
Was davis injury serious enough for him to be carted off the field? :roll:

Rastak
09-25-2006, 09:09 PM
Was davis injury serious enough for him to be carted off the field? :roll:

Mad, that avatar kills me....LOL

Just another piece of evidence that you are ok, despite your numerous attempts to come off as an arsehole....

MadtownPacker
09-25-2006, 09:24 PM
I like you avatar too, proof you have some G&G in your heart! :mrgreen:

RashanGary
09-25-2006, 09:31 PM
I couldn't split the hair. Honestly, looking back, I think Hawk is the better player but at the time, I had no clue.

Davis has some intriguing qualities that can't go ignored but when you watch the games, Hawk just dominated and Davis was inconsistant *900 yds = average*.

Looking at highlight films, Davis is freakish but going off every day game film, Hawk just make more plays consistantly.

Hawk is not a freak but neither are gusy like Rodney Harrison, Jerry Rice, Ed Reed, Ray Lewis, Dick Butkus, Joe Montana, Tom Brady ect.....

I think we got the right player and I think he's going to be *assuming healthy* a special player. I hate to go out there and say he's going ot be a HOF player because who the hell knows off of 3 games but he's not shown anything in the 3 games he's played that would make a person think he's not capable of that level of play. IMO he's a sure thing to make a probowl or two. Hell, hsi name alone will get him a bunch of votes, but I think he's shown to be, by far, the best LB on our team and we have 1 pretty good one.

Long story short, I think he was the right pick. At the time, I didnt' know. I was going to support whoever TT picked, not because I'm some retarded fan, but because I, for some reason, believe in TT's ability to draft. We'll just have to wait and see but 1 injury isn't what makes the difference, it's the whole career and Hawk has done nothing but show that he's poised for a great one.

b bulldog
09-25-2006, 09:37 PM
Once Davis regains his health and the niners can draft a bigtime WR, his numbers will come. He surely doesn't have a bigtime QB throwing him the ball.

MadtownPacker
09-25-2006, 09:43 PM
Once Davis regains his health and the niners can draft a bigtime WR, his numbers will come. He surely doesn't have a bigtime QB throwing him the ball.Here in Cali the Niner fans aint to happy with davis so far. This injury aint gonna help.

ASmith aint that bad. He has been getting 200+ yards a game somehow.