PDA

View Full Version : Official Packers/Eagles Game Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

BallHawk
09-24-2006, 08:40 PM
Well, it worked this week. Hopefully, it will work next week.

We're gonna need more than luck to win this game, though.

esoxx
09-24-2006, 08:42 PM
You da man!!!!! (even if you're 14)

Partial
09-24-2006, 08:42 PM
Throw official in the title, just for the sake of consistency. (edit the topic to do this)

MJZiggy
09-24-2006, 08:44 PM
Wow you like to start 'em early. Either way, we got it figured out--long sleeves, no hat. It also helps when the offense plays well. It will be a tough-fought battle and I'm just too full of kool-aid (well really it's Mike's) to predict anything less than resounding victory. Ask me again tomorrow and I may answer differently, but for now, well, I'm still celebrating.

J-Rok
09-24-2006, 08:45 PM
Packers 27
Eagles 17

Everything must stay the same.

BallHawk
09-24-2006, 09:01 PM
I broke the Jinx. My whole family wore no hats and no jerseys.

VICTORY!

BallHawk
09-24-2006, 09:02 PM
Throw official in the title, just for the sake of consistency. (edit the topic to do this)

It's done.

BallHawk
09-30-2006, 10:37 PM
Boosting this up for tomorrow.

the_idle_threat
09-30-2006, 10:55 PM

VICTORY!

I was wearing no pants. Does this mean I have to go pants-less on game days for the rest of the season. :?

GrnBay007
09-30-2006, 10:57 PM

VICTORY!

I was wearing no pants. Does this mean I have to go pants-less on game days for the rest of the season. :?

Hello??? YES!!!!!

Just don't go drivin around in your car that way! :twisted:

MJZiggy
09-30-2006, 10:59 PM
That's what bath towels are for...

the_idle_threat
09-30-2006, 11:00 PM

VICTORY!

Hello??? YES!!!!!

Just don't go drivin around in your car that way! :twisted:

But I have to drive to work! Those defensive linemen need some coachin'! :lol:

Tarlam!
10-01-2006, 02:57 AM
I can't remember what I predicted last week!

What I do remember was the last time we played Philly on a MNF game. It was at Lambeau and we lost in a late surge by da Iggles.

I had two customers invited to the game. My last company has a box on the 50 yard line, right next to the Favre box.

I remember calling my customers at 5:45 a.m. my time to see how they were enjoying it. They loved it! Shame I wasn't able to attend a game myself....But, I once made a phonecall to Lambeau DURING A GAME!!

Strike that, I twice did that!!

A year later, I rewarded one of my team to the Vikes game with his wife. He was a Vikes supporter, based in Racine (our WHQ). I called him too during the game. I believe the Pack won that one by a FG. But even my Vikes supporting colleague said the atmosphere and the Packer fans were the best part, so he didn't mind being pipped.

Partial
10-01-2006, 07:25 PM
I think they're going to win. They haven't had a win against Philly since the disaster and the downfall of the pack. I think this game they're going to come out blazin' trying to put those mental demons to rest.

OS PA
10-02-2006, 07:20 AM
If the Pack pull this off we'll be 2nd in the division with one more divisional win than Minnesota. Although I don't believe we can win this division we may be able to take 2nd and a wildcard spot.

chewy-bacca
10-02-2006, 07:48 AM
we are due in Philly. I hope our new look backfield is up to the task!

GO PACK GO!!

mission
10-02-2006, 10:46 AM
im locked and loaded... we're either gonna get embarassed bigtime or favre and the pack are going to show the world how the eagles have just been a product of their schedule. im obviously hoping for the latter!

got tvpenisenvy by the commercials yesterday and went out and picked up one of these for the game tonight. for an advertising guy, i sure am impulsive. :lol:

http://www.son-video.com/Rayons/Video/Plasma/Samsung/P5/PS63P5HX.jpg

it is beaaaaaaaaaautiful! :D

MasonCrosby
10-02-2006, 10:53 AM
this is going to be either bad, or a great upset, and i hope it's an upset. but i'm not betting on it. plus listening to eagles fans taunt me all night is not something i'm looking forward to. but at least most of them seem not to hate the packers, they save their hate for the cowboys, giants, and redskins...

MJZiggy
10-02-2006, 10:57 AM
I don't know if I'd count too heavily on that nb56. They seem to have enough hate to go around from what I've heard...

MasonCrosby
10-02-2006, 10:59 AM
well some do i guess, but the ones i know here really just seem to try to make me mad. you wanna see some real good hate, watch them during a giants-eagles game or anything about TO

BF4MVP
10-02-2006, 11:09 AM
I can't for tonight after my Environmental Science test (I miss the first half cuz of that, maybe a little less :sad: )...Hope the Pack can take care of business in Philly..

I can't decide if I should wear my Fergie away jersey, since it's an away game, or my Favre home jersey that I just got on Saturday (I needed a Favre jersey in the worst way)..Thoughts on this??

Tarlam!
10-02-2006, 11:23 AM
Favre home. Throw away that Fergie jersey altogether. Why? Well, has it brought us into any SB?? Has it brought Fergie into the Pro Bowl???

No, well, then. That's settled.

BF4MVP
10-02-2006, 11:55 AM
Favre home. Throw away that Fergie jersey altogether. Why? Well, has it brought us into any SB?? Has it brought Fergie into the Pro Bowl???

Can't throw it away..It was $170. Plus I do plan to wear it for away games from here on out, but I thought today could be a special occasion because I just got the Favre one and want to wear it..haha..

As far as the Fergie Pro Bowl thing, it was closer to gettin him there than you might think. As I recall, Fergie won the fan voting to make the Pro Bowl as a special teamer in 2004. The powers that be, however, had other ideas, and he didn't make it..

Patler
10-02-2006, 12:09 PM

Can't throw it away..It was $170. Plus I do plan to wear it for away games from here on out, but I thought today could be a special occasion because I just got the Favre one and want to wear it..haha..

Sorry, doesn't matter what you paid for it, the current value is about $3 at Goodwill stores. No other market for a Fergy jersey! Dump the thing!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

MadtownPacker
10-02-2006, 12:17 PM
Dammit!! I want to see 2-2!!

If it happens the playoffs are not impossibe!

MadtownPacker
10-02-2006, 12:20 PM
As far as the Fergie Pro Bowl thing, it was closer to gettin him there than you might think. As I recall, Fergie won the fan voting to make the Pro Bowl as a special teamer in 2004. The powers that be, however, had other ideas, and he didn't make it..What the hell did you do? Spend a whole weekend voting for him?

HarveyWallbangers
10-02-2006, 12:21 PM
Keys for tonight:

Offensively - Brett Favre. The weight of this game will be on his shoulders. The Packers will likely not be able to run the ball, and the defense will likely give up a lot of points. Just to stay in this game, Favre will have to be patient and hope the defense isn't too horrible. It will be tough though. Young OL that hasn't seen the blitz packages that Philly will bring. All of the receivers (WR, TE, RB) need to be at their VERY best.

Defensively - Coaching staff. They have to show a lot more than they have so far. They have to come up with some kind of scheme that at least slows down the Philly offense. Personnel wise, they can only do so much, but they have to come up with something that somewhat minimizes Philly's strengths. Those strengths are Brian Westbrook and L.J. Smith. We can't have a scheme that has Westbrook or Smith locked up with Poppinga. Nick Collins and perhaps Ahmad Carroll have to be a huge part of the scheme to slow down Westbrook.

Tarlam!
10-02-2006, 12:22 PM
Listen, BF, dump that damned jinxed piece of garbage!

No wonder we keep losing with you wearing that thing all the time!!!

wist43
10-02-2006, 12:33 PM
Defensively, I think the Packers should try to play nickel as their base... if their DL can hold up. Westbrook demands special attention, IMO Sanders has to match Westbrook up with Barnett or Collins almost exclusively. I would build my gameplan around stopping, or at least containing Westbrook... of course, that puts a lot of pressure on Harris and Woodson - neither of whom looks capable of handling it.

If they try to play their base with Poppinga or Manuel in coverage, they'll get burned... There's been more talk that Sanders may be in over his head as DC - he looks like a bust thus far, if he doesn't get it fixed soon, they'll be looking at their 5th DC in 5 years... that would be amazing.

HarveyWallbangers
10-02-2006, 12:40 PM
Defensively, I think the Packers should try to play nickel as their base... if their DL can hold up. Westbrook demands special attention, IMO Sanders has to match Westbrook up with Barnett or Collins almost exclusively. I would build my gameplan around stopping, or at least containing Westbrook... of course, that puts a lot of pressure on Harris and Woodson - neither of whom looks capable of handling it.

I agree--which I've stated already. Bring Carroll in for Poppinga and play their nickel defense a majority of time.

Interesting stats on Favre:

Of the 20 teams he's played at least four times, he only has a losing record against three of them: Minnesota (13-14), Dallas (2-5), Philadelphia (4-6).

Of the 20 teams he's played at least four times, he only has a passer rating under 80 against two of them: Denver (57), Philadelphia (65). Ironically, he has a 3-1 record vs. Denver.

Things could get ugly tonight.

He's been stellar within the division. His overall record vs. Minnesota is 13-14, but he has a solid passer rating. He's killed the other teams in the division.

Chicago - 21-8, 88 passer rating
Detroit - 20-9, 88 pass rating
Tampa Bay - 15-7, 84 passer rating
Minnesota - 13-14, 85 passer rating

69-36 with a 87 passer rating against teams in his own division. The team he owns the most outside of the division is San Francisco. He's 10-1 against them, including playoffs. Many of those years San Fran had good teams too. In the regular season, he is 17-4 against the NFC West. The only division he has a losing record against is the NFC East, not surprisingly because of Dallas and Philadelphia. He's 6-11 vs. Dallas/Philadelphia, 3-2 vs. the Giants, and 3-0 vs. Washington for a lifetime record of 12-13 vs. the NFC East.

Patler
10-02-2006, 12:49 PM
If they try to play their base with Poppinga or Manuel in coverage, they'll get burned...

I had this sudden vision of Poppinga on Westbrook. Made my whole body shudder!

:shock:

BF4MVP
10-02-2006, 01:42 PM
As far as the Fergie Pro Bowl thing, it was closer to gettin him there than you might think. As I recall, Fergie won the fan voting to make the Pro Bowl as a special teamer in 2004. The powers that be, however, had other ideas, and he didn't make it..What the hell did you do? Spend a whole weekend voting for him?

I may have voted once, but that's it.

BF4MVP
10-02-2006, 01:45 PM

Sorry, doesn't matter what you paid for it, the current value is about $3 at Goodwill stores. No other market for a Fergy jersey! Dump the thing!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I can't disagree with the whole Goodwill thing...I'd doubt anyone would even pay $3 for it.. :neutral:

But as far as dumping it, I can't do it. It's not very old, and it's still a very good quality jersey, even if the player whose name and number is on it isn't a fan favorite.

FavreChild
10-02-2006, 02:25 PM
No fumbling kicks or muffing punts, damn it!! :mrgreen:

"See" y'all later for some pre-game tailgating.... :cool:

BallHawk
10-02-2006, 02:40 PM
BF4MVP, what did you wear last week on gameday?

BallHawk
10-02-2006, 02:43 PM
Just heard Rachel Nichols on ESPN say that the Packers biggest problem is communication in the pass defense. Charles Woodosn said guys aren't focusing on their assignment.

ND72
10-02-2006, 02:45 PM
nothing better than logging on to RatChat, and seeing the game thread 2 pages in, at 2:45 in the afternoon...only 4hours 30 minutes away from gametime.

Partial
10-02-2006, 02:47 PM
anyone else think the tailgate would be thoroughly entertaining (more entertaining then the game is likely) if all 200+ contributors met up for a game?

BallHawk
10-02-2006, 02:55 PM
anyone else think the tailgate would be thoroughly entertaining (more entertaining then the game is likely) if all 200+ contributors met up for a game?

I'm underage. You guys would look like a bunch of petafiles. :D

GBRulz
10-02-2006, 02:56 PM
Can't throw it away..It was $170.

You paid $169 too much :mrgreen:

Partial
10-02-2006, 02:58 PM

I'm underage. You guys would look like a bunch of pedophiles. :D

T, FTFY. I've got your back

They'd just think you were the kids of some of the older guys. Theres several youngens around here nowadays. I bet there are many more that aren't quite 21 yet, though.

mission
10-02-2006, 03:00 PM
Ballhawk: if you're a dude i think the chances of us all looking like pedos is greatly diminished. at least id like to think so. :lol:

it'd be a pretty rowdy time id imagine. :cool:

Partial
10-02-2006, 03:02 PM
I imagine Mad and I would share a few Dos Equis and cheese curds!

I posted in this in the other thread, and I feel it still holds true today. The key to beating the Eagles will be nuetralizing their blitzes 'cause their secondary is beat up and poor.

Well, the Eagles run defense is very, very solid. They held LT to 7 yards on 17 carries last year. They have a big, strong linebacking core. With that said, in that same game, LT averaged 6.5 yards per catch on screens and short passes.

Personally, even though this team reminds me a lot of the Bears defensively, I would say they do not want to pound the ball against them.

Trotter is excellent in the middle at diagnosing the run, but in my opinion he can be taken out of the game by running play action passes.

However, with the longer drops required for play action, they're going to be blitzed.

I would run the offense from an I with Bubba in at fullback. I would put lee or martin in at TE. I would then run a playaction over and over and over again with bubba just chilling as an extra blocker in the backfield. I would then let ahman go out in the flat, and have the tightend to a 3 yard slant.

That would be what I do on early downs. That play action is not only get trotter to hesistate for a second on getting on the coverage, but getting the OL to diagnose and react to wherever green goes in the flat. That should essentially isolate trotter onto a TE and that would appear to be a mismatch.

They're not gonna generate much more than 50 yards on the ground, especially if green is out, so I would run a few end arounds and possibly a gadget play just to keep them honest.

Personally, I would run a quick snap and toss to driver before he leaves the line of scrimmage often. I am very confident in DD's ability to outrun a corner and get 4-5 yards routinely.

MasonCrosby
10-02-2006, 03:04 PM

I posted in this in the other thread, and I feel it still holds true today. The key to beating the Eagles will be nuetralizing their blitzes 'cause their secondary is beat up and poor.

Well, the Eagles run defense is very, very solid. They held LT to 7 yards on 17 carries last year. They have a big, strong linebacking core. With that said, in that same game, LT averaged 6.5 yards per catch on screens and short passes.

Personally, even though this team reminds me a lot of the Bears defensively, I would say they do not want to pound the ball against them.

Trotter is excellent in the middle at diagnosing the run, but in my opinion he can be taken out of the game by running play action passes.

However, with the longer drops required for play action, they're going to be blitzed.

I would run the offense from an I with Bubba in at fullback. I would put lee or martin in at TE. I would then run a playaction over and over and over again with bubba just chilling as an extra blocker in the backfield. I would then let ahman go out in the flat, and have the tightend to a 3 yard slant.

That would be what I do on early downs. That play action is not only get trotter to hesistate for a second on getting on the coverage, but getting the OL to diagnose and react to wherever green goes in the flat. That should essentially isolate trotter onto a TE and that would appear to be a mismatch.

They're not gonna generate much more than 50 yards on the ground, especially if green is out, so I would run a few end arounds and possibly a gadget play just to keep them honest.

Personally, I would run a quick snap and toss to driver before he leaves the line of scrimmage often. I am very confident in DD's ability to outrun a corner and get 4-5 yards routinely.

that's about the long and short of it...

Partial
10-02-2006, 03:06 PM

that's about the long and short of it...

I'll give you a long and short *violently shakes fist in spite*

BallHawk
10-02-2006, 03:07 PM
Your right Partial, I could blend in. Maybe I could pretend I was one of Bretsky's kids. :mrgreen:

BallHawk
10-02-2006, 03:09 PM
On another note, Rachel Nichols is hot.

Partial
10-02-2006, 03:21 PM

google image link?

Shit fellas, I hate to inform you but I have a discrete math exam tonight during the game. It starts at 6, so hopefully I can power through it quick.

That kind of mind puzzle shit is definitely not my forte though, so we'll have to see. We have until 9 to complete it.

BF4MVP
10-02-2006, 03:34 PM
BF4MVP, what did you wear last week on gameday?
Fergie jersey..

And since I was at home, I wore my official Packer uniform pants that I got at the Packers Pro Shop tent sale..But I won't say that out loud :oops:

BF4MVP
10-02-2006, 03:36 PM
Can't throw it away..It was $170.

You paid $169 too much :mrgreen:
I didn't pay anything actually..My parents did, it was a Christmas gift in 2003 :wink:

BallHawk
10-02-2006, 03:39 PM
Than wear exactly what you did last week.

BF4MVP
10-02-2006, 03:42 PM

google image link?

Shit fellas, I hate to inform you but I have a discrete math exam tonight during the game. It starts at 6, so hopefully I can power through it quick.

That kind of mind puzzle shit is definitely not my forte though, so we'll have to see. We have until 9 to complete it.
Our situations are different, but yet the same. As mentioned before, I have an Environmental Science test tonight..

You're doing the logic in discrete math? Sounds like fun..That part really wasn't that bad for me..

Patler
10-02-2006, 03:51 PM
I hate to inform you but I have a discrete math exam tonight during the game.

SHAME ON YOU!!! If it was a discreet math exam, you aren't supposed to tell anyone!
Oh, wait, you said "discrete" math......Never mind!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

BF4MVP
10-02-2006, 03:58 PM
I hate to inform you but I have a discrete math exam tonight during the game.

SHAME ON YOU!!! If it was a discreet math exam, you aren't supposed to tell anyone!
Oh, wait, you said "discrete" math......Never mind!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

BF4MVP
10-02-2006, 03:59 PM
Than wear exactly what you did last week.
Can't do it. My Fergie jersey is here, but I'm at my apartment, and the pants are at my house....

Plus, I've been wearing the Fergie jersey every game since I got it..So obviously, it has suffered through a lot of losses too

RashanGary
10-02-2006, 04:07 PM
Hey guys,

I'm at school. I'm scheduled for 4 hours of Calculus but we always get out in 2.5.

I'm gonna stop on my way home, buy a bottle of Merlot and drink wine with my wife during the game. I like wine you bastards, don't call me gay.

I know PHL is the heavy favorite and if I had to drop money, I would bet it on them but I can't help but think we have a chance here.

I agree with eveyrone who says Westbrook needs to be the focus. I'm not a coach and I usually avoid specific requests for gameplans becuase I just don't think I have enough info to make coaching decisions but today I'm going to give my opinion.

Pretty much everyone is saying Collins/Barnett should be taking care of Westbrook and I agree. Poppinga can come in for Blitzes and obvious run downs. Other than that, it should be Carroll in as nickle back and Woodson in the slot.

From there, we use Collins as the 3rd LB and match him up on Westbrook. We feed him 3 redbulls and some ephadrine before the game and tell him tha the needs to fuk westbrook up. Every chance he gets, he needs to spike his ass to the ground and make him regret ever catching the damn ball. Then we just have to hope the DB's hold up and don't give away the big play and we have a chance. I like Hawk and Poppingas chances to hit home on couple blitzes. I hope we pressure McNabb just enough to make him edgy and not so much that we're predictable. It would be nice if KGB showed up, if not Jenkins, Kamp and Williams need to hit home a few times...Well that's about it. Heres to hopin we win but expecting to lose.

Gotta run. Calc is calling...I want to skip like I would in my usual math classes but I'm taking a humble approach to calc becuase I've never had it. It's not as bad as everyone makes it out to be. We're just deriveing the slope of tangent lines using a basic linear slope equasion with some tweaking, then you add in a few extra rules and dig into your baby algebra bag and you have yourself a doable class. Again, I'm taking it seriously and doing the homework so I think that helps.

wist43
10-02-2006, 04:19 PM
If they try to play their base with Poppinga or Manuel in coverage, they'll get burned...

If you see Poppinga or Manuel manned up on Westbrook, Stallworth, or Brown - Sanders should be fired immediately after the game.

This has little to do with these players' ability, it has to do with matchups, and that's the responsibility of the coaching staff.

Patler
10-02-2006, 04:23 PM

If you see Poppinga or Manuel manned up on Westbrook, Stallworth, or Brown - Sanders should be fired immediately after the game.

This has little to do with these players' ability, it has to do with matchups, and that's the responsibility of the coaching staff.

Realistically, this is a game that Poppinga should not see a lot of action.

Packnut
10-02-2006, 04:30 PM

I sure as hell would'nt say no to her. Of couse the chances that she would ask are about as remote as our D holding Philly to under 375 yds in total offense tonight! :mrgreen:

Badgepack
10-02-2006, 04:31 PM
Looking forward to seeing the Packers on national TV and hoping for a huge upset. At least let's be competitive.

Looking forward to seeing my buddy Hank get a few catches, none that hurt the Pack thou.

Looking forward to grilling some brats and drinking some Negra Modelos.

justanotherpackfan
10-02-2006, 04:34 PM

I sure as hell would'nt say no to her. Of couse the chances that she would ask are about as remote as our D holding Philly to under 375 yds in total offense tonight! :mrgreen:
She's really hot.

Green Bud Packer
10-02-2006, 05:07 PM
i know i missed the noon deadline but what the hey i just popped open my first game beer.go pack go

The Shadow
10-02-2006, 05:18 PM
OFFENSE :
Jim Johnson is no dummy; he is probably thinking that the Packers will be very aware of his pass rush, & will begin by running between the tackles, throwing slants, & throwing screens.
He will be prepared for this - and his overall goal will be to put the Packers in 2nd & long & 3rd & long situations so he can turn the dogs loose. Therefore, he will crowd the line early & keep his linebackers tight. This, he will reason, will not only stuff the center runs, but also crowd the slant lanes & sniff out the screens.
I assume that Ahman will play very little, if at all.
I would open by avoiding the middle runs (1 & 2 yard gains will play into the Eagles' hands), & instead attacking the edges with the new, quicker fullback leading Morency outside. There is always the chance that this may turn out to be unsuccessful, of course, but I would rather try something other than the expected.
And, early on, I would have Morency throw the halfback option pass, which, even if unsuccessful, will loosen things up & give them something to think about.
Favre must play very smart, of course. Turnovers must be avoided at all costs. 3rd & long? Don't force a play that's just not there; throw it away, live to fight another series.

DEFENSE :
Our run defense must step up to the plate & contain Westbrook.
Since we can't pass rush very effectively anyway, I would - on 2nd or 3rd & 7
downs - to drop 7 back into coverage, with a shadow always on Westbrook, and consistent help for Poppinga on the TE.
Every so often, sending Hawk or a corner would help to keep McNabb at least a bit nervous.
If McNabb gets frustrated by having Westbrook neutralized to some extent, and the TE not as tempting an option as his game film studies of the Packers have indicated, he is VERY capable of making some big mistakes.

ahaha
10-02-2006, 06:06 PM
Westbrook isn't playing.

Lurker64
Apparently both Green and Westbrook are out tonight. Interesting.

ahaha
Or Ahman Green. Damnit!

BallHawk
10-02-2006, 06:07 PM
I feel a big game for Morency.

Packnut
10-02-2006, 06:12 PM
Gonna be a lot tougher on checkdowns for Brett not having Green. The damn O line had better come to play tonight!

FavreChild
10-02-2006, 06:13 PM
Dang, these jell-o shots are strong. :cool:

It's so nice to get to watch a game at home.

retailguy
10-02-2006, 06:15 PM
Gonna be a lot tougher on checkdowns for Brett not having Green. The damn O line had better come to play tonight!

This, combined with the play of our secondary are the keys to this nights game. If either are solid, we have a chance, if both are solid, we are in good shape.

BallHawk
10-02-2006, 06:20 PM
It's so nice to get to watch a game at home.

I know. I've been going to bars for the first 3 weeks. It's nice to relax at home with a non-alcoholic beverage, a large pizza, and some Tostitos.

And when the Packers score I can jump up and down on the couch like Tom Cruise on ecstacy. You can't do that at a bar.

Lurker64
10-02-2006, 06:23 PM
Apparently the Iggles are down one of their starting CBs and his backup. Sheppard and Hood I think I saw. That's promising.

CaptainKickass
10-02-2006, 06:26 PM
Geezus - 4 pages before I post this and the game is an hour away.

(Wipes a tear of joy from his eye)

You guys are all special.

Time to drink.

hurleyfan
10-02-2006, 06:31 PM
Damn, I was thinking the same thing Cap'n!

JSO's official game thread will be hard pressed to get TOTAL 4 pages!

retailguy
10-02-2006, 06:35 PM
It's nice to relax at home with a non-alcoholic beverage, a large pizza, and some Tostitos.

THANK GOD. You're listening to us.....
:wink:

J-Rok
10-02-2006, 06:36 PM
I'm ready. I'm ahead by 67 in my fantasy game, but my opponent has Favre, Stallworth, and the Eagle te. Basically, Favre can't do too well, but I won't be mad if he gets 70 fantasy points.

BallHawk
10-02-2006, 06:36 PM
Kool-Aid is a good substitue. :wink:

So is Mountain Dew.

Partial
10-02-2006, 07:02 PM
Does MNF start earlier this year? I am debating whether I should make a salsa con queso and pizza run. What do you all think? Wal-Mart is 6 min drive away

chewy-bacca
10-02-2006, 07:03 PM
half hour to go!!!

Partial
10-02-2006, 07:04 PM
Favre is money on Monday nights! I think they're gonna win tonight. It is probably a foolish thing to say, I will admit that, but sometimes life is silly.

Partial
10-02-2006, 07:05 PM
I have a strange feeling Morency looks good tonight. I bet he gets 70 yards rushing 40 receiving and a TD.

chewy-bacca
10-02-2006, 07:06 PM
is Pickett a go tonight?

BallHawk
10-02-2006, 07:10 PM
is Pickett a go tonight?

He's questionable, leaning towards doubtful.

Fosco33
10-02-2006, 07:11 PM
Favre is gonna throw 50 times and have 2 TDs and 2 INTS tonight.

Partial
10-02-2006, 07:15 PM
Anyone else get chills watching the BF monday night highlight reel? Man, I remember all those moments they showed and they are all awesome!!

J-Rok
10-02-2006, 07:15 PM
In spirit of MNF, new driver avatar. Hope it brings Driver a great game.

Fosco33
10-02-2006, 07:16 PM
Anyone else get chills watching the BF monday night highlight reel? Man, I remember all those moments they showed and they are all awesome!!

I was just gonna say that - WOW. He's given us so much. We're lucky to be able to watch another one tonight.

TPF
10-02-2006, 07:17 PM

Yeah, that was great.

Partial
10-02-2006, 07:22 PM
this is a nice story with andy reid and the little kid, too. Poor guy :sad:

Partial
10-02-2006, 07:23 PM
That right there is why Donovan calls the shots in Philly and why TO is now in Dallas.

rdanomly
10-02-2006, 07:23 PM
After all the nasty stuff & dirty plays this weekend the Favre clips and Charlie story feels pretty good for a change.

Rastak
10-02-2006, 07:24 PM

No shit, it makes me want to turn off the game I'm so sad. Why the hell do they do this right before the game? Make us all feel like shit.

BallHawk
10-02-2006, 07:24 PM
Donovan and Brett are both class guys.

Rastak
10-02-2006, 07:25 PM

No shit, it makes me want to turn off the game I'm so sad. Why the hell do they do this right before the game? Make us all feel like shit.

It was very cool of the Eagles to do this for the poor kid though.....

BallHawk
10-02-2006, 07:26 PM
Shit, now if the Packers win I'll feel bad for the kid.

Damn you ESPN.

Rastak
Win one for Charlie!!!!!!!!

Opps, just kidding guys.....

Partial
I agree, that was pretty cool of them, especially during camp. I wonder if Make a Wish did that or if the parents just wrote the Eagles. Did they say at all?

Rastak
10-02-2006, 07:27 PM
I agree, that was pretty cool of them, especially during camp. I wonder if Make a Wish did that or if the parents just wrote the Eagles. Did they say at all?

I didn't hear but I would guess make a wish.....

BallHawk
10-02-2006, 07:27 PM
I believe it was Make-A-Wish. They said Charlie thought he was being taped for a Make A Wish program, so that means MAW was somehow involved.

Guiness
10-02-2006, 07:28 PM
ok gogogogogogogogogo
(sry - too much online gaming!)

I'm not going to be around for this one - at least the first part. Going to the watering hole, 'cause the game isn't on TV (stoopid ESPN)

FavreChild
10-02-2006, 07:29 PM
This has been excellent pre-game coverage by ESPN.

The only thing I really didn't like was the "In the Pocket" segment with Steve Young. Lame.

Great sideline reporting from Michelle T. and the incomparable Suzy K.

J-Rok
Let's goooooooooooooooo Packkk

FavreChild
Oh, I suppose I could also do without the unoriginal chants from the Iggles fans.

BallHawk
10-02-2006, 07:30 PM
ESPN crew is unanimously Eagles, let's prove 'em wrong.

Partial
Well, I guess lets see the Pack prove the ESPN guys wrong!!

Partial
things I want to see tonight:

convert a 4th and 1 when the pressure is on
have a critical stop on 4th down

Rastak
Well, I guess lets see the Pack prove the ESPN guys wrong!!

And screw up Charlie's night, you rotton bastard.,...

j/k

:lol:

GBRulz
10-02-2006, 07:31 PM
Guiness, I thought you lived kinda near GB? The game is also shown on ABC here

Partial
10-02-2006, 07:31 PM
Wow, that commercial announcer sounded like Splinter from the teenage mutant ninja turtle movies.

Rastak
10-02-2006, 07:32 PM
So Partial, if the Pack can get up a break in the first set do they have a chance?

BallHawk
10-02-2006, 07:32 PM
That Samurai intro was.....different.

GBRulz
10-02-2006, 07:34 PM
Most intelligent thing Kornhole has ever said about BF....

Partial
So Partial, if the Pack can get up a break in the first set do they have a chance?

huh? I don't understand what you are saying. I went in predicting they would win :)

nevermind, i've got it! lol! I think they'll hold and score whenever they get the ball. Favre's tough to break :wink:

BallHawk
Tony Kornheiser looks so wooden up there.

GBRulz
10-02-2006, 07:35 PM
Joan Rivers? god what an idiot.... I knew he couldn't be intelligent for too long

Partial
Tony Kornheiser looks so wooden up there.

What is up with his hair?

Rastak
Start the friggen game already......

J-Rok
10-02-2006, 07:36 PM
Oh god, not this thing again.

Partial
10-02-2006, 07:36 PM
Dr. Jack Sheppard is ready for some football!

BallHawk
10-02-2006, 07:37 PM
Start the friggen game already......

Amen.

Rastak
What the hell is all this...why not just hello and here is the kickoff.....

BallHawk
Oh god, not this thing again.

I know, it's like a bad theme song for your favorite TV show.

retailguy
10-02-2006, 07:38 PM

thought you had an exam?

GBRulz
they didn't even fly Henderson out there originally?? WTF

Partial
Morency was lean' back and chillin', the camera panes to him and he sits up, that was funny!

BallHawk

Because they don't anything else to fill the spot. They have to drag it out for dramatics.

And Now another commecial break. :roll:

GBRulz
10-02-2006, 07:39 PM
Morency was lean' back and chillin', the camera panes to him and he sits up, that was funny!

He remembered what the camera did for Sherman's career !!

Rastak
10-02-2006, 07:40 PM

Because they don't anything else to fill the spot.

They should advertise the kickoff to be at 7:45 so I wouldn't have to watch all this crap.

Partial

thought you had an exam?

Finished. I think it went ok. Not as well as i would have liked. I am thinking a B.

We had a problem 100! = the prime factors with an incrementing exponent and I could not figure that crap out for the life of me. It was a 12 point problem too, I was not a happy camper.

J-Rok
7:30 start, huh?

Oh, and can't you just punch 100! into your calc?

BallHawk

http://www.dack.com/images/weblog/mike-sherman-sleeping.jpg

Couldn't resist.

Partial
That was a very green man.

GBRulz
10-02-2006, 07:41 PM
yeah but Rastak, they have to get people to watch the advertising somehow!

retailguy
Finished. I think it went ok. Not as well as i would have liked. I am thinking a B.

We had a problem 100! = the prime factors with an incrementing exponent and I could not figure that crap out for the life of me. It was a 12 point problem too, I was not a happy camper.

did you look it up when you got home?

Partial
here we go, lets get 'er done!

BallHawk
Finally football.

LET's GO PACK!

GBRulz

http://www.dack.com/images/weblog/mike-sherman-sleeping.jpg

Couldn't resist.

That's what I'm talking about !!!!!

BallHawk
10-02-2006, 07:42 PM
How is Mark Tauscher a biscuit?

Nice suit Bubba!

Rastak
I could swear I was watching the Vikes with that running play.....

j/k

I'm bitter about yesterday....

Partial

did you look it up when you got home?

No, I didn't. I'm not sure what the heck to even look up. We did a lot with factorials, but nothing like that yet. I think a lot of people didn't know how to do it 'cause my buddy who is on the Deans' list had no idea.

Guiness
10-02-2006, 07:43 PM

Nope. Canadian! My sattelite is down, and ESPN/TSN isn't 'over air' here.

BallHawk
Great, false start. :roll:

GBRulz
here comes the blitz

BallHawk
10-02-2006, 07:44 PM
Too high. Damnit.

Partial
Damn, I was hoping to get points early!

Alright Kampy, lets force a sack/fumble here!!

edit - wow, after that return I spoke too soon!

Rastak
They could have called hitting a defenseless reciever if they were being anal out there.....

retailguy

I guess I thought you were from two rivers, wi.

J-Rok
Wow.

GBRulz
who made that tackle??

BallHawk
10-02-2006, 07:45 PM
Good punt. Crap coverage.

Wait, flag on the play.

Against the Eagles.

Good.

Partial

same here

BallHawk
who made that tackle??

S.Considine

Rastak
10-02-2006, 07:46 PM

same here

He lives in western Andor.....

Partial
i'm not gonna lie to you guys, I hope the Packers win 108-96, with Stallworth having 9 TDs. I need some fantasy points out of that guy!

Partial
3rd and 9, lets send the heat!!

BallHawk
10-02-2006, 07:47 PM
NICE SACK!

GBRulz
LOL, partial, this ain't the NBA !!!

But favre can throw 4 TD's.... I need the fantasy points, too.

Good job KGB

rdanomly
way to be KGB!

Partial
Kabeerrrrrrrrr!!

gimme another ka-beer :mrgreen:

J-Rok
Good pressure. Nice job KGB

BallHawk
who made that tackle??

S.Considine

Wait, he plays for the Eagles.

Damn, NFL Gamecenter.

GBRulz
10-02-2006, 07:48 PM
he wasn't stopped immediately

retailguy

so is he fictional too, or does he just live on a fictional planet?

Partial
That was a great series!! Couldn't have played it any better. -6 yards for the Eagles so far!!

jack's smirking revenge
I haven't watched MNF this year at all, so this will be my first observation on this point--Kornheiser is pretty dang good! I'm impressed. He's got tons of charisma and character for a bald-headed radio jockey.

tyler

BallHawk
GB, the tackle was by Ben Taylor.

GBRulz
10-02-2006, 07:49 PM
who made that tackle??

S.Considine

Wait, he plays for the Eagles.

Damn, NFL Gamecenter.

I was gonna say....is he a backup backup for us cuz I've never heard of him!! Anyhow, someone made a good tackle that saved a break out on the punt return

hurleyfan
Have the Packers scoread any points on their opening drive yet this year?

GBRulz
I haven't watched MNF this year at all, so this will be my first observation on this point--Kornheiser is pretty dang good! I'm impressed. He's got tons of charisma and character for a bald-headed radio jockey.

tyler

Please tell me you're being facetious

Guiness

Nice inside joke, eh? Exactly one person gets it :mrgreen:

BallHawk

tyler

He's good, at times. I wish he'd shut up about his fantasy team.

He needs to work on not making it so obvious he's reading off the teleprompter.

Partial
10-02-2006, 07:50 PM

tyler

once they get into the retirement talk your tone may change :shock:

BallHawk
Nice Job Jennings!

Partial
Grrrrrreg Jennnnnnninngss!

He has a great name for announcers!!

Partial
10-02-2006, 07:51 PM
Favres new favorite target = rookie of the week!

3 passes to Jennings so far!!

BallHawk
Jennings again.

With the Eagles on their #3 corner, Favre is gonna go to Jennings a lot.

Miree almost dropped that.

jack's smirking revenge

tyler

Please tell me you're being facetious

No, I actually like him. Huge improvement over the egotistical and dopey Madden.

tyler

Partial
:sad: I want Hendo is there

Partial
In the RED ZONE!!!! YES!!!!

rdanomly
10-02-2006, 07:52 PM
bonus, roughing the passer..

BallHawk
Madden isn't as bad as peope think he is. I like Al Michaels, though.

Roughing the Passer.

LET'S GO PACK

Rastak
Good call on the personal foul....

Partial
Lets get a TD here pack!!! 1st and goal baby!!

Did you guys see the shake of Morency? He looks scat-backy

Partial
10-02-2006, 07:53 PM

Roughing the Passer.

LET'S GO PACK

Al Michaels will always be a legend for his "do you believe in Miracles!". He and Costas gotta be my favorite sports figures

the_idle_threat
Good decision Brett. Nothing there, throw it away.

GBRulz
come on guys.....TD here, not a FG

jack's smirking revenge
10-02-2006, 07:54 PM

Roughing the Passer.

LET'S GO PACK

Well, I think Madden is bad and I've watched him for a long, long time. The guy stutters and stammers more than a five year old. I know, I live with two of them.

tyler

BallHawk
C'mon. Damn.

Rastak
Good call, he wasn't coming down in bounds.....

Partial
atta boy Rayner!

3-0 pack!

rdanomly
So close, 3 is better than nothing..

retailguy
10-02-2006, 07:55 PM
do you think if we all sent a dirty sock to ESPN and tell them to stick it in Theismann's mouth, we can get him replaced?

a FG is better than nothing.

J-Rok
Would've liked to run the ball once.

BallHawk
3-0, I'll take it.

But we gotta capatilize in the red zone. DD gotta catch that pass. I need those points for Fantasy.

Shit, I sound like TK now.

Partial
Good call, he wasn't coming down in bounds.....

That was damn close. Maybe an inch out on the first foot

the_idle_threat
Driver should have caught the ball on 2nd down. Oh well ... points on the board are a good thing.

3-0 Pack!

Time for another beer. :D

BallHawk
10-02-2006, 07:56 PM
I predict a sack by Hawk on this next drive.

GBRulz
3-0, I'll take it.

But we gotta capatilize in the red zone. DD gotta catch that pass. I need those points for Fantasy.

LOL - that's what I was thinking too..... I need favre to throw 4 TD's to win this week!!

Partial
Would've liked to run the ball once.

Same. They are using the screens to Morency as their running game it seems. He looks like he'll be a good third down back with the shake and bake he possesses along with those hands!

Guiness
10-02-2006, 07:57 PM
Any comments on Ryan's punt? He did put it I20 - why the 14 yd return?

Partial
I predict a sack by Hawk on this next drive.

HAWK HAWK HAWK HAWK HAWK

the_idle_threat
3-0, I'll take it.

LOL - that's what I was thinking too..... I need favre to throw 4 TD's to win this week!!

Me too. If that happens, red will be pissed, because right now it looks like he has it in the bag. :lol:

BallHawk
Morency was open in the middle of the field. If Green was there, would Favre of thrown it to him?

Rastak
And you guys bitch about Longwell's kicks?

J-Rok
10-02-2006, 07:58 PM
Whose pathetic arm tackle was that?

BallHawk

That was one of Rayner's shorter kicks. He can kick it far, though.

We need to improve our coverage.

GBRulz
Wow, I didn't know we brought Longwell back....short kick!

BallHawk
X.

Rastak
10-02-2006, 07:59 PM

That was one of Rayner's shorter kicks. He can kick it far, though.

We need to improve our coverage, though.

Yea, he does have a good leg from what I've seen.....

BallHawk
10-02-2006, 07:59 PM
I use "though" too much.

Partial
10-02-2006, 08:00 PM
Alright D, lets get anoter stuff.

AJ with the tackle

BallHawk
10-02-2006, 08:01 PM
Damn, we can't give up those big plays.

Partial
Wow, there was ZERO pass rush that play. McNabb had McMinutes to throw that ball.

Rastak
Beat Al Harris by half a step......

Guiness
Unfriken believable.
Sattelite is out.
Game isn't being played over air.
Bunch of guys at the bar watching preseason hockey.
Electrical storm, knocking out my internet every couple of minutes so I can barely talk to all of you!

Wow - the planets (or the Foresaken?) have really aligned against me tonight :cry:

Partial
Hawk got lit up by McNabb it appeared!

BallHawk
Someone over ran that tackle.

GBRulz
I'm sorry Guiness :sad: that sucks

Rastak
10-02-2006, 08:02 PM
Unfriken believable.
Sattelite is out.
Game isn't being played over air.
Bunch of guys at the bar watching preseason hockey.
Electrical storm, knocking out my internet every couple of minutes so I can barely talk to all of you!

Wow - the planets (or the Foresaken?) have really aligned against me tonight :cry:

Tha dark one's luck.....

BallHawk
Hawk almost had the sack.

Brown dropped that.

Partial
Best Blitz i've ever seen out of Barnett!!

the_idle_threat

Naw, we bitch about Longwell's drama ...

"I missed that kick because of my holder ... somebody hold me. :cry: "

BallHawk
Fuck. C'mon Harris.

Partial
Hawk almost had the sack.

Brown dropped that.

that was Barnett, and he was F'ing BLAZING FAST!!

Rastak
That stings......jesus, he mugged him......

GBRulz
10-02-2006, 08:03 PM
remind me again harris why we should give u a new contract? :roll:

Partial
booooo, we need a stuyff here!

Partial
Poppinga beat in coverage yet again...

BallHawk
10-02-2006, 08:04 PM
Not looking good this drive.

Partial
Nothing would make me happier than seeing Barnett pick one off here and house it.

GBRulz
FIRE SCHOTT NOW

BallHawk
10-02-2006, 08:05 PM
YES!YES!YES!

Partial
Barnett or Hawk? Barnett or hawk?!?

GBRulz
YES FUMBLE. We needed that one!

J-Rok
Fumbmmemmlblmmlble

Partial
WHOOOO SWEET ACTION!!!

Rastak
Nothing would make me happier than seeing Barnett pick one off here and house it.

You have to settle for a fumble.....

digitaldean
Way to go D! Let's capitalize on this mistake!

BallHawk
Barnett or Hawk? Barnett or hawk?!?

Barnett.

outflow
Yeaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Partial

You have to settle for a fumble.....

i'll take it captain smoot!

buchunter03
Barnett jacked that from my boy Hawk

the_idle_threat

How 'bout a fumble recovery by Barnett? I'll give you a close-enough on calling that one. Nice one, Partial!

J-Rok
10-02-2006, 08:06 PM
Let's run the ball!

Nevermind. Throw the ball and score. Maybe run a couple times.

Iron Mike
Did you see Hawk diving at that fumble??? :razz:

GBRulz
come on Brett.....quick slant pass to Jennings to go all the way !!

Partial
Anyone know our turnover differential this year? It has gotta be positive or even now!

outflow
That was awesome. You could tell in the replay Hawk noticed it first. Awesome Awareness. He was just farther away.

BallHawk
10-02-2006, 08:07 PM
Did you see Hawk diving at that fumble??? :razz:

Barnett got there first, though.

Partial
10-02-2006, 08:07 PM
come on Brett.....quick slant pass to Jennings to go all the way !!

It worked last time...

nothing would make me happier than seeing Jennings catch a slant and house it!