PDA

View Full Version : #84

b bulldog
09-24-2006, 09:57 PM
wALKER IS PUTTING ON QUITE A DISPLAY. He will again be looked at as a top WR in this league by years end.

Joemailman
09-24-2006, 10:00 PM
Don't care. Dont care about McKenzie either

gbpackfan
09-24-2006, 10:01 PM
I shouldn't even be posting about this because Walker is no longer a Packer but...he is playing very well tonight. Oh well, what are you going to do.

Jennings had a great day today too and he is a great locker room guy. I hope he doesn't change like Walker did.

b bulldog
09-24-2006, 10:02 PM
Walker needed a new team, hope he does fine and I really hope he grows up.

red
09-24-2006, 10:04 PM
i hope he blows out both knees and gets caught up in a drive by

but thats just me

woodbuck27
09-24-2006, 10:06 PM
wALKER IS PUTTING ON QUITE A DISPLAY. He will again be looked at as a top WR in this league by years end.

Sorry b bulldog. Didn't see this thread up before I posted my...

" Jeeee Jaavooon who thread "

b bulldog
09-24-2006, 10:10 PM
The more threads the better woodbuck!

digitaldean
09-24-2006, 11:19 PM
I know Walker has the talent. That was obvious.

But to pull the whiny-ass stunt he did last year is pure baloney.

When a teammate called him out to be a man and live up to the contract he agreed to, he comes in to camp. (only to act like a prima donna after he gets hurt).

I said it before, and I'll say it again... the Packers never asked for any money back when he stunk the first years of his contract. (his rookie year, he was nearly invisible).

Of course, I'd want him on this team with his talent. But his me-first attitude is going to catch up with him sooner or later.

Harlan Huckleby
09-24-2006, 11:22 PM
But his me-first attitude is going to catch up with him sooner or later.

maybe. maybe he'll have a lousy marriage someday or something.

you got your way, digitaldean, Thompson didn't renegotiate Walker's deal. You don't sound so happy about the result.

FavreChild
09-24-2006, 11:24 PM
First of all, good for Javon!

Second of all, there is no need for bitterness. Favre completed passes to, what, at least nine different receivers today (Driver, Ferg, K-Rob, Jennings, Green, Herron, Hendu, Lee, Franks)....who am I missing? The separation with Javon was good for everyone. Get over it. :cool:

the_idle_threat
09-24-2006, 11:25 PM
Don't care. Dont care about McKenzie either

:idea: :idea: :idea:

I would like to nominate this for best post of the day.

FavreChild
09-24-2006, 11:27 PM
Well, if y'all didn't care, you wouldn't post about Javon. :wink:

Secondly, no one cares about Mac anymore 'cause he ain't no good (sorry, MOBB, wherever you are). Javon is.

the_idle_threat
09-24-2006, 11:37 PM
Well, if y'all didn't care, you wouldn't post about Javon. :wink:

Well, since mine was basically a "STFU about Javon" post, I think I still get to keep my "don't care" credentials. :razz: :razz: :razz:

FavreChild
09-24-2006, 11:38 PM
Well, "I don't care about Javon" is better than whining about Javon - for sure!

:cool:

the_idle_threat
09-24-2006, 11:39 PM

Agreed. :cool: It's all over and done now.

Joemailman
09-24-2006, 11:43 PM

Well I don't care if you don't like us not caring about Javon. You can care about javon all you want, I dont Care. :wink:

FavreChild
09-24-2006, 11:44 PM
You unfeeling bastard!!

vince
09-25-2006, 07:51 AM
I'd say most everyone wishes that Javon wasn't a blumbering, selfish prick who absolutely gave the team no choice whatsoever but to move him, as he made it perfectly clear that he hated Green Bay, he hated Brett Favre, and he would absolutely, positively retire before he ever donned a green and gold jersey again in his life. Say that's "positioning for a new contract" all you want, but then you would be wrong. There's a right way and a wrong way to renegotiate a contract. If Javon Walker was ever going to play for th Packers again, he wouldn't have said the things what he did.

Neither the coaches, the management, nor Brett Favre did anything that came even remotely close to warranting the ridiculous public comments that Walker and his step-father repeatedly delivered toward Green Bay. I applaud TT for getting what he did for this prick.

Good receiver - yes. Selfish bastard who would be an absolute cancer on the Packers and terrible for this young team? Most definitely.

Good riddance to this talented and ridiculously childish, poor excuse for a professional - football player. One man doesn't make a team successful, but as we've seen very clearly in the past couple years - one man can certainly make a team a failure. No thanks to the T.O. wannabe.

Harlan Huckleby
09-25-2006, 10:49 AM
I'd say most everyone wishes that Javon wasn't a blumbering, selfish prick who absolutely gave the team no choice whatsoever but to move him, as he made it perfectly clear that he hated Green Bay, he hated Brett Favre, and he would absolutely, positively retire before he ever donned a green and gold jersey again in his life.

Walker said he wouldn't play for Green Bay only because Thompson refused to discuss his contract. Favre (foolishly) took a public stance against Walker in his contract dispute. Walker never said he hated Green Bay or Favre, but a tense relationship with Favre was inevitable.

I don't understand why fans were so determined that Walker's contract not be renegotiated, but when Driver's was increased by a factor of 10, not a squeek from the "contract is a contract" crowd.

Walker's exit from Green Bay was a direct result of the no-renegotiate stance that many fans screamed for. The fans who insisted on a hardline stance should not be bitter over having gotten their way.

MasonCrosby
09-25-2006, 10:54 AM
i don't think he really deserved a new one though after having a great year then blowing his knee out in the first game last season against the lions... if you want a new contract go out and show that you really do deserve it, don't have a great year then get injured and still demand money...

mmmdk
09-25-2006, 11:00 AM
I hope Javon likes oysters...lots of them...you never know! :twisted:

MasonCrosby
09-25-2006, 11:00 AM

what like Rocky Mountain Oysters?

Harlan Huckleby
09-25-2006, 11:01 AM
i don't think he really deserved a new one though after having a great year then blowing his knee

I never had any problem with people who didn't think Walker was worth a new contract. I disagree with you, but can see this point of view. My problem was with those who said that renegoitating is wrong as a matter of principle. Contracts are renegotiated when they are out of line. See Donald Driver.

MJZiggy
09-25-2006, 11:07 AM
I don't understand why fans were so determined that Walker's contract not be renegotiated, but when Driver's was increased by a factor of 10, not a squeek from the "contract is a contract" crowd.

The difference is that JWalk ran around screaming for more money (to the press, no less) and threatened a holdout after one good season and Driver quietly asked for an EXTENSION so that he could be sure to retire a Green Bay Packer. Night and day IMO. Driver did not demand more money. That he got it was just the right thing to do. Although I hope Walker falls on his face, I really don't care whether he does or not. Jennings will be amazing and our WR corps is not struggling due to the fact that Brett's spreading the love all over the field.

Harlan Huckleby
09-25-2006, 11:15 AM
The difference is that JWalk ran around screaming for more money (to the press, no less)

According to Walker and his agent, they first tried to negotiate with Thompson privately, and he refused to talk. Happened in February 2005, and then again in fall after Walker got injured.

mmmdk
09-25-2006, 11:18 AM

what like Rocky Mountain Oysters?

Oh my god, I just Googled Rocky Mountain Oysters...for your information:

Rocky Mountain Oysters

I Kg calf testicles 2 cups beer 2 eggs, beaten 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour ¼
cup yellow corrnmeal Salt and ground black pepper to taste Olive oil 1
tablespoon hot pepper sauce

Be sure to ask your butcher for calf testicles, not bull testicles. Calf
testicles are the size of a walnut and are much more tender than the larger
bull testicles.

With a very sharp knife, split the tough skin-like muscle that surrounds
each testicle. Remove the skin (you can remove the skin easily if the
testicles are frozen, then peel while thawing). Slice each testicle into
approximately ¼- to ½- inch-thick ovals. Place slices in a large pan or bowl
with enough beer to cover them; cover and let sit 2 hours.

In a shallow bowl, combine eggs, flour, cornmeal, salt, and pepper. Remove
testicles from beer; drain and dredge thoroughly in the flour mixture. In a
large, deep pot, heat oil to 375 degrees F. Deep fry 3 minutes or until
golden brown (will rise to the surface when done). Drain on paper towels.
Serve warm with your favorite hot pepper sauce.