PDA

View Full Version : Reggie Wayne

Brando19
09-24-2006, 10:10 PM
KENNER, La. (AP) -- The brother of Indianapolis Colts receiver Reggie Wayne was killed Sunday when the delivery truck he was driving crashed into a highway guardrail.

Rashad Wayne was pronounced dead at the scene, said James Gallagher, a spokesman for the Kenner Police Department.

Police responded to a call at 10:15 a.m. Sunday about a wreck on westbound Interstate 10. Officers found a Capital City Produce Company truck stopped in the highway's right lane and found the 32-year-old Wayne in the cab with a severe head injury.

A preliminary investigation determined that the truck was traveling in the left lane on the upramp of the interstate bridge, but crossed three lanes as it started fishtailing and then hit the right retaining wall, Gallagher said.

"It slid along the top of the wall on its side a short distance before landing back on its wheels across the lanes leading to Interstate 310," he said.

Rashad Wayne is from Baker, a bedroom community north of Baton Rouge. An autopsy will be performed later to determine the exact cause of his death.

His brother, Reggie Wayne, a New Orleans native, is in his sixth year with the NFL. The Colts played in Indianapolis on Sunday, but the team did not address the accident and told The Associated Press after the game that a statement was pending.

Wow...this would be tough to handle, much less to go out and have 4 receptions for 82 yards. Kind of reminds you of Favre's performance after his father died, huh?

gbpackfan
09-24-2006, 10:14 PM
Very sad. My prayers are with him and his family. I know if I lost one of my brothers I would be wrecked! Wayne always seemed like a decent guy. Let's his play talk for him. He must have learned how to be a pro from Harrison.

BallHawk
09-25-2006, 07:10 AM
My condolences to the Wayne family. My prayers are with them.

woodbuck27
09-25-2006, 08:00 AM
I have one brother and I LOVE him very much.

This story has made me think of Dennis and I will call him this evening just to tell him how important he is to me.

My thoughts are with Rashad's and his brother Reggie Wayne's Family and loved one's.

How Colts WR Reggie Wayne and his teammates managed to play as they did yesterday, in a tough matchup Vs. " the Jaguars ", is a testimony to strength.

RECEIVING COLTS

......................... REC....YDS.... TD.... LG
M. Harrison........... 6..... 94....... 0..... 38
* Reggie Wayne.... 4..... 82....... 0..... 22
D. Clark................ 1..... 30....... 1..... 30
J. Addai................ 3..... 13....... 0....... 6

GO PACK GO ! Packer Fan Faith !!