PDA

View Full Version : What Lions fans are saying about HAWK. INTERESTING.

gbpackfan
09-24-2006, 10:12 PM
I snuck over to a Lions forum and found them feeding on each other. It is getting nasty in there. Calling each other names and shit. The most interesting thing was the debate about who is a better LB. EVERY post but 1 said that Hawk is better. And these are Lions fans posting! I like it. I have cut and pasted some of the more interesting posts.

--------------------------------------

it seemed pretty clear though that Hawk is the better player then Sims. His
sack on Kitna was a far bigger play then anything Sims has come up with, well unless you count getting steamrollered once every game as a big play, then Sims is a great player. He is Barrett Green 2.0

I will always say it, I'll take 6'2" & 250 at LB over 5'11" & 220 any day of the week.

----------------------------------

Sam, I think most here would agree we felt - in fact almost knew - that Hawk was better.

Heck, I was drooling for the Lions to get him; but the additional reality was that he just wouldn't be there.

Hawk - at least in college - was much less erratic than Sims; he has displayed a great combination of speed AND accuracy, going to the ball (and not just "looking to take someone's head off").

But let's give Sims some time....he'll only get better, should he stay healthy!!

---------------------------------------

What the heck does that have to do with anything...Hawk went several picks ahead of Sims. Why do we insist on comparing players that there is no real reason to compare. I mean, that's like saying Bush looks better than another player. Only one other team had a shot at him, so what's the point? (MY COMMENT: IF YOU DONT COMPARE ONE LB TO ANOTHER, HOW DO YOU COMPARE THEM? THIS GUY IS IN DENIAL)

---------------------------------------

it has to do with Sims is just another bad pick, but everyone on this board like to say Sims will be good & Hawk will be a bust. Many even wanted to use this game to compare the 2. So, if you want to compare. Hawk is better then Sims. Yes, sorry to say, once again I wasted my entire Sunday waiting for the game to start & then watching it. & I also saw Sims blitz a few times & got nowhere close to the QB.

But the reality is, the Lions have no defense at all, again. It has been the same every year since Millen has been here. Week 1, the play descent to give everyone a little hope, but then they fade. This year it only took until week 2 to see the fade. 65 points in 2 weeks. Everyone saw we had no pass rush last year, but hey why not take an undersized LB?? That will take care of the defense.

----------------------------------------

as for hawk.... yes, he's a beast.

and sims.... did he even play today?

and then there's our best player, rogers, he was OWNED all day long.

--------------------------------------

b bulldog
09-24-2006, 10:13 PM
Rodgers should be their biggest disappointment

MasonCrosby
09-24-2006, 10:14 PM
pretty covert operations... i hope none of the disgruntled lions fans followed you back...

Joemailman
09-24-2006, 10:18 PM
Lions fans are a surly mob. They were booing their offense in the 1st half of the 1st game vs. Seattle. With the score tied. It didn't sound like they made a ton of noise today even when the Lions scored.

The Leaper
09-24-2006, 10:22 PM
What the heck does that have to do with anything...Hawk went several picks ahead of Sims. Why do we insist on comparing players that there is no real reason to compare. I mean, that's like saying Bush looks better than another player. Only one other team had a shot at him, so what's the point? (MY COMMENT: IF YOU DONT COMPARE ONE LB TO ANOTHER, HOW DO YOU COMPARE THEM? THIS GUY IS IN DENIAL)

I can understand what this guy is saying. He isn't saying that LBs should not be compared. He is saying that Detroit had no chance to land Hawk...so the comparison should be between Sims and whatever LBs were also available when they picked.

He's not in denial...he's just accepting the fact that Hawk is the better player, which is why he was chosen earlier. He is SUPPOSED to be better.

red
09-24-2006, 10:25 PM
you can't blame lions fans. they have owners and a gm that really don't care if they win or not, at least it seems like that

or else they're too damn stupid to figure out how to be a decent team.

these are people that have seen one sorry team after another, for decades. there was hope this year would be different, but that dream was shattered

gbpackfan
09-24-2006, 10:30 PM
Leaper,

I can buy that. Good post.

FavreChild
09-24-2006, 11:01 PM
I agree, also (re: comparing LBs). Plus, it's just pretty low to pick on Lions fans. And for three quarters, it's not like their offense looked all that bad...

Harlan Huckleby
09-24-2006, 11:03 PM
The Packers and Lions have about equal rosters.

Difference today, Favre was a little better than Kitna. But Kitna played a good game.

Partial
09-24-2006, 11:07 PM
The Packers and Lions have about equal rosters.

Difference today, Favre was a little better than Kitna. But Kitna played a good game.

I have been waiting for this all day. Kitna is very underrated and underappreciated. He's a better Trent Dilfer and one of my favorite players.

FavreChild
09-24-2006, 11:08 PM
Kitna is not bad at all. He gets a bad rap. I thought he played well for Cincy last year in the playoff game when Palmer went down. The Cincy fans are whiners to claim that's why they lost (their defense was the reason).

Both defenses today left something to be desired, although both came up with some big plays. Stats were actually pretty comparable, although if it weren't for turnovers, the score would certainly have been more lopsided. The Lions are not doormats; hopefully they will get it together (except against us).

gbpackfan
09-24-2006, 11:12 PM
I agree, also (re: comparing LBs). Plus, it's just pretty low to pick on Lions fans. And for three quarters, it's not like their offense looked all that bad...

I'm not picking on them. These are their posts. I think I mis-understood that Detroit fans post, I was corrected about that. This post really isnt about team agaainst team. It is about who is the better player. It honestly has nothing to do with the W, it has more to do with how the individual played. I didnt mean for this to spin off into a discussion about JON FRICKING KITNA!

FavreChild
09-24-2006, 11:19 PM
No, no - I'm not saying you are picking on DET fans at all. I like seeing what they are saying about the game. Just a general caution. :wink:

gbpackfan
09-24-2006, 11:25 PM
I agree. We could be in for a Monday Night Beatdown.

billy_oliver880
09-24-2006, 11:30 PM
Didn't Sims have 9 tackles today? :neutral: How is that bad???

FavreChild
09-24-2006, 11:37 PM
Well....they didn't win!! :cool:

cpk1994
09-25-2006, 07:44 AM
Didn't Sims have 9 tackles today? :neutral: How is that bad???

Well, if he is making the tackle 20 yards down the field the taclke doen;t mean a whole lot. Not saying that is where he made all his tackles but does show that 9 tackles is not always good.

run pMc
09-25-2006, 08:51 AM
Better to tackle 20 yards downfield than to give up 6 points.

All the same, I agree you'd rather have your LBs tackling at the LOS.

KYPack
09-25-2006, 09:12 AM
Thanks for the work GBPF.

When you start thinking that we are in a world of hurt, you realize there are teams that have greater wstruggles than ours.

We are upgrading our talent and have had our top guys be sucessful.

Things could be worse, instead of TT & MM, we could be giuded by the "new Millen-enium".

Matt Millen is a total fool and can't run a sucessful franchise to save his ass.

TT hates vet FA's, but he can evalute college talent and draft the good ones. That means we will improve.

Guiness
09-25-2006, 09:53 AM
Kitna is not bad at all. He gets a bad rap. I thought he played well for Cincy last year in the playoff game when Palmer went down. The Cincy fans are whiners to claim that's why they lost (their defense was the reason).

2TD, 1 INT, 342yds, and completed 62.5% of his passes. I'd say there are a few teams out there that would take those numbers!

Of course, take those numbers with a grain of salt. That's against our pass D. They are also his first two TDs of the year.

Guiness
09-25-2006, 09:58 AM
Thanks for the work GBPF.

When you start thinking that we are in a world of hurt, you realize there are teams that have greater wstruggles than ours.

We are upgrading our talent and have had our top guys be sucessful.

Things could be worse, instead of TT & MM, we could be giuded by the "new Millen-enium".

Matt Millen is a total fool and can't run a sucessful franchise to save his ass.

TT hates vet FA's, but he can evalute college talent and draft the good ones. That means we will improve.

No kidding Millen's a fool, eh? Ya gota wonder who he's got naked pictures of to hold onto that job.

I wonder what the all time futility record is for GMs? He has to be getting there, because no one else who loses that much has ever held on to his job before, have they?

MJZiggy
09-25-2006, 10:10 AM
It occurred to me this morning to wonder if it's him or whether the Ford family runs the team like they run their car company...Hmmm.

HarveyWallbangers
09-25-2006, 11:18 AM
Sims had 3 solo tackles and 6 assisted tackles. He had another tackle on special teams. Seven of his 9 tackles were at least 6 yards downfield. Five of them were at least 9 yards downfield.

B.Favre pass short right to D.Driver to GB 38 for 7 yards (J.McGraw; E.Sims).
A.Green right end to GB 30 for 2 yards (D.Bullocks; E.Sims).
B.Favre pass short middle to B.Franks to GB 42 for 12 yards (T.Holt; E.Sims).
B.Favre pass short right to N.Herron ran ob at DET 29 for 9 yards (E.Sims).
B.Favre pass short right to B.Franks to DET 12 for 17 yards (E.Sims; B.Bailey).
B.Favre pass short middle to A.Green to DET 6 for 6 yards (E.Sims).
B.Favre pass short middle to B.Franks to GB 30 for 10 yards (B.Bailey, E.Sims).
B.Favre pass short middle to W.Henderson to GB 46 for 13 yards (E.Sims).
A.Green right tackle to GB 36 for 2 yards (D.Bullocks; E.Sims).