PDA

View Full Version : Posts that made me LAUGH OUT LOUD from LIONS FANS.

gbpackfan
09-24-2006, 10:28 PM
Sorry for doing this guys, but it does have to do with today's game. These posts were so funny I just HAD to share them with you. They made me laugh out loud. As bad as the Packers have been the last year and half, the Lions have been bad for a long time. They are just wrecked!

The question was asked, WHY DID THE LIONS LOOSE TODAY? Here are the answers:

------------

my assessment: the lions blow huge chunks of donkey dung. quite possibly worse on defense this year over last. which is saying something.

-----------

I was also at the game:

No pressure on Favre

Incompetent LB's

No Pressure on Favre

Dropped passes in key situations

No pressure on Favre

Did I mention - No pressure on Favre??

---------------

Most of the runs were stopped mainly by the front 4, not the LBs. You give them credit for stopping the run, fine, but whose job is it to cover the RBs and TEs? The linebackers were PATHETIC

---------------

Tha worst thing is, that defence is capable of playing good and hard. Where did week one defence go? I can't believe what kind of mistakes they are making. Decent college team could beat them right now. There was six people in the room with me, watching the game. I was ashamed sitting next to Raider fan !!!!!!!

---------------

NOTE: RESPONDING TO A GUY WHO COMMENTED AFTER HEARING THE GAME ON RADIO

So let me get this straight...

You didn't watch the game...

Those of us who did saw a defense give up 400 yards, a QB complete 3 of every 4 passes he threw, and the Pack convert 3rd downs like they got paid extra for each one.

Yet the defense gave us a chance to win?

Saying they gave us a chance to win by pointing out a couple of forced fumbles and the 2 times they actually did get a stop on 3rd down is like saying Rosie O'Donnell is really pretty because her skin tone is clear and acne free.

----------------

I saw enough that I left in the middle of the 3rd quarter. They should be giving the seats away instead of charging us for them. I just once would like to see two professional teams play at Ford field, not just our opponent.

----------------

RashanGary
09-24-2006, 11:56 PM
LOL..

Another loss and we would have been funny too.

I was a little worried about this game. I'm the guy who wants a draft pick because I know we suck but I didn't want them to lose this one. A loss here would have been horrible. I would have had long term worries for the coaching staff and the whole team.

As far as team moral, this was like a playoff game for us. We needed that one or we would be freaking nuts right now. I'm a big supporter of TT but this team needs to start winning a few and the young guys he brought in need to step up. I think that happened today so I"m really happy with the outcome.

GrnBay007
09-25-2006, 12:03 AM
Here's a nice one from JSO. This is from a poster named Rudeguy, who I believe was the original author of the very first FYI thread at JSO. I think he made the original post and was never back on that thread....lol Anyway, here's what he wrote:

"You guys still have one of the best QB's in football. Any one of you who think he should be benched are wrong in my opinion, and doing so would be doing his legacy a disservice.

Some observations from a Lion fan:

Your rookie lineman did a great job on Rogers.

Hawk is a stud, Jennings looks good too.

Woodson is a shadow of his former college self. But servicible.

Green has major issues with holding onto the ball (stating the obvious).

Cullen Jenkins, and Corey Williams impressed.

Marinelli is all talk. Preaches fundemantals and discipline and Lions countinually make stupid mistakes.

Lions OL is swiss cheese.

Good game today...another long year in Motown...go Tigers!

See you in December at the Tundra."

FYI forever!

gbpackfan
09-25-2006, 01:10 AM
I love fans like that. You know he is dying inside, as I would be, but he can still post an objective statement. The "you got lucky, you suck" fans are boring and moronic. Hats off to this guy.

VegasPackFan
09-25-2006, 01:23 AM
Its kinda sad, really. I feel bad for those fans, the team has been bad for sooo long. I know a few of them, they have mastered the self-depracating humor.

Even when we were horrible for so many years, at least we had the legacy to look back on.

Iron Mike
09-25-2006, 07:00 AM
Its kinda sad, really. I feel bad for those fans, the team has been bad for sooo long. I know a few of them, they have mastered the self-deprecating humor.

This is the avatar of some poor Lion's fan: Bwahahahaha!!!!

http://www.thelionsfanatics.com/tlfforum/uploads/av-1909.jpg

BallHawk
09-25-2006, 07:02 AM
Here's a nice one from JSO. This is from a poster named Rudeguy, who I believe was the original author of the very first FYI thread at JSO. I think he made the original post and was never back on that thread....lol

Yeah, that was him. His original post was "The Lions have signed Rick DeMulling." And then a bunch of people made some funny comments and then someone said something about oil, and it grew from there.

Badgerinmaine
09-25-2006, 07:36 AM
I love fans like that. You know he is dying inside, as I would be, but he can still post an objective statement. The "you got lucky, you suck" fans are boring and moronic. Hats off to this guy.
Amen to that. And just imagine how hard it has to be to be a Lions fan, considering how much more success all three of their division rivals have had since the Black and Blue division first came to be in the mid-1960s. Doesn't look like it's gonna get better anytime soon, either. How Matt Millen has kept his job astonishes me.

MJZiggy
09-25-2006, 08:15 AM
Amen to that. And just imagine how hard it has to be to be a Lions fan, considering how much more success all three of their division rivals have had since the Black and Blue division first came to be in the mid-1960s. Doesn't look like it's gonna get better anytime soon, either. How Matt Millen has kept his job astonishes me.

Incriminating photos will get you a long way. :wink:

bbbffl66
09-25-2006, 09:59 AM
It is really hard not to feel for Lion fans. They have been bad for sooo long. Other than Barry and Billy Sims, there really hasn't been anything to root for since '57.

Harlan Huckleby
09-25-2006, 10:07 AM
http://www.thelionsfanatics.com/tlfforum/uploads/av-1909.jpg

This is friggin hilarious.

beakerman
09-25-2006, 10:43 AM
i think these were the best two quotes...

Saying they gave us a chance to win by pointing out a couple of forced fumbles and the 2 times they actually did get a stop on 3rd down is like saying Rosie O'Donnell is really pretty because her skin tone is clear and acne free.

----------------

I saw enough that I left in the middle of the 3rd quarter. They should be giving the seats away instead of charging us for them. I just once would like to see two professional teams play at Ford field, not just our opponent.

Fritz
09-25-2006, 02:15 PM
I live with these people. They are just resigned to their existence as Lions fans, at least for as long as the Fords own the team.

And that's why Millen keeps his job. The Fords are loyal to a fault. Russ Thomas kept his job for twenty some years even though they sucked year in year out.

I love Matt Millen. I hope he's the Lions' GM for the next fifteen years.

KYPack
09-25-2006, 03:51 PM
I live with these people. They are just resigned to their existence as Lions fans, at least for as long as the Fords own the team.

And that's why Millen keeps his job. The Fords are loyal to a fault. Russ Thomas kept his job for twenty some years even though they sucked year in year out.

I love Matt Millen. I hope he's the Lions' GM for the next fifteen years.

We should make up

"PackerRats.com Support Matt Millen"

signs & have people hold 'em up when we play the Lions at Lambeau.

That'll put us on the map!