PDA

View Full Version : Favorite "Cool Hand Luke" quote

Iron Mike
09-25-2006, 10:11 AM
Heh........

Dragline: My Lord, whatever I done, don't strike me blind for another couple of minutes.http://www.all-pictures-photos.com/images/joy-harmon/joy-harmon-003-img.jpg

Zool
09-25-2006, 10:22 AM
"It says here, you was....cuttin the heads offa parkin meters. Where did you think that was gonna get ya?"

digitaldean
09-25-2006, 10:55 AM
I have one that can apply to Schottenheimer to the DBs...

"What we got here is a failure to communicate!"
:mrgreen:

Iron Mike
09-25-2006, 12:09 PM
http://alansmithee.5u.com/intro/good/chl_baker02.jpg

Dragline: Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.

Iron Mike
09-25-2006, 12:11 PM
I have one that can apply to Schottenheimer to the DBs...

"What we got here is a failure to communicate!"

http://www.americanrhetoric.com/images/coolhandluke4.JPG

Iron Mike
09-25-2006, 12:13 PM
http://www.americanrhetoric.com/images/coolhandluke1.JPG
Them clothes got laundry numbers on them. You remember your number and always wear the ones that has your number. Any man forgets his number spends a night in the box. These here spoons you keep with you. Any man loses his spoon spends a night in the box. There's no playing grab-ass or fighting in the building. You got a grudge against another man, you fight him Saturday afternoon. Any man playing grab-ass or fighting in the building spends a night in the box. First bell's at five minutes of eight when you will get in your bunk. Last bell is at eight. Any man not in his bunk at eight spends the night in the box. There is no smoking in the prone position in bed. To smoke you must have both legs over the side of your bunk. Any man caught smoking in the prone position in bed... spends a night in the box. You get two sheets. Every Saturday, you put the clean sheet on the top... the top sheet on the bottom... and the bottom sheet you turn in to the laundry boy. Any man turns in the wrong sheet spends a night in the box. No one'll sit in the bunks with dirty pants on. Any man with dirty pants on sitting on the bunks spends a night in the box. Any man don't bring back his empty pop bottle spends a night in the box. Any man loud talking spends a night in the box. You got questions, you come to me. I'm Carr, the floor walker. I'm responsible for order in here. Any man don't keep order spends a night in...

oregonpackfan
09-25-2006, 03:22 PM
Heh........

Dragline: My Lord, whatever I done, don't strike me blind for another couple of minutes.http://www.all-pictures-photos.com/images/joy-harmon/joy-harmon-003-img.jpg

Thanks for the picture, Iron Mike!

It reminds me that I need to wash the family minivan...

OPF

KYPack
09-25-2006, 04:02 PM
http://alansmithee.5u.com/intro/good/chl_baker02.jpg

Dragline: Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.

Luke to Dragline

Sometime nothin' is a cool hand.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-25-2006, 04:25 PM
STILL SHAKING IT, BOSS.

Like to use that one with my boss. ;)

hurleyfan
09-26-2006, 06:36 PM
All great quotes, from a great movie!

What did George Kennedy say to "Luke" when he was choking down that last egg?!

Tyrone Bigguns
09-27-2006, 12:21 AM
All great quotes, from a great movie!

What did George Kennedy say to "Luke" when he was choking down that last egg?!

All in: that's it: chew, chew, chew!

woodbuck27
09-27-2006, 04:35 AM
Luke meets "the boss Man.. played by: Strother Martin "the Captain"

Captain (Strother Martin)... " the new inmates are taught obedience: "You call the Captain 'Captain'...and you call the rest of us 'Boss', you hear?"

Luke didn't look impressed.

Luke got introductory instructions:

"You gonna fit in real good, of course, unless you get rabbit in your blood and you decide to take off for home. You give the bonus system time and a set of leg chains to keep you slowed down just a little bit, for your own good, you'll learn the rules. Now, it's all up to you. Now I can be a good guy, or I can be one real mean son-of-a-bitch. It's all up to you."

Yea. That Ole Luke... always reminded me of someone I know real well.

Dragline: (About Luke) " Maybe we ought to call it No Ears."
(To Luke) " You don't listen much, do ya, boy?"

Luke: " I ain't heard that much worth listenin' to. There's a lot of guys layin' down a lot of rules and regulations."

** Sexual titillation is provided by buxom and curvacious actress Joy Harmon.

In a scene where the convicts (knowingly and enticeingly by her) watch her washing her car; naturally aroused... one fella says, and referring to her loose fitting or open at the top dress:

"She ain't got nothin' but, nothin' but one safety pin holdin' that thing on. Come on safety pin, POP. Come on baby, POP."

Man! Who of us at the age that movie was made wasn't aroused by that firey scene.

Ahhh... those were the days of innocense. When she wiped thay soap over her abdomen.. ohhhhh...Good Golly Miss Molly... Then she took it up a few notch's...rrrrrraaaahhhh !!

Convict: " She don't know what she's doin'."

Luke: " Oh boy, she knows exactly what she's doin'. She's drivin' us crazy and lovin' every minute of it."

Ohhhh Thanks.... for the... memories... :mrgreen:

" Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real Cool Hand." Cool Hand Luke

http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/allposters/22/1800050522p.jpg

" Playin' it cool "...Cool Hand Luke :cool:

Thanks for bringing that superb movie back to me Iron Mike.

nothin'.... is better than..... cool.

Iron Mike
09-27-2006, 08:18 AM
http://www.pnc.com.au/~voyager/all%20images/jo.jpg

Ya know, sometimes I wished people was like dogs, Luke.

mraynrand
09-27-2006, 10:45 PM
Cool Hand Luke is one of my all time favorites. My dad let me stay up and watch it late one night when I was pretty young. After the car wash scene, my eyes are popping and he just said something like "She's something else."

Favorite quotes
------
Luke explaining his crime: "I guess you could say I wasn't thinkin', Captain."

Luke explaining his philosophy: "That's right, Captain. Just passin' the time."

------
"Kick a buck."
------
DOGBOY after a hound dies chasing Luke: "Look, Cap'n. Look what he done to Blue. He's dead, Cap'n. Dead! Run hisself plumb to death. That crazy sadis Cool Hand Luke run her 'til her heart bust."

------

Luke, beaten up after being caught the third time, to the other prisoners: "Listen. Open your eyes. Stop beatin' it. And stop feedin' off me. Now get out of the way. Give me some air."

------
BOSS PAUL: "Boss Kean say that's his ditch. I tol' him that their dirt is yore dirt. What's yore dirt doin' in his ditch?

LUKE: "I don't know, Boss."

------

Luke: "I got my mind right. I got it right."

------

LUKE talking to God: "Old Man, I know I'm a pretty evil feller who killed people in the war and got drunk and chopped up municipal merchandise and like that. I admit ain't got no call to ask for much. But even so, you ain't dealt me no cards in a long time. I mean it's beginning to look like you got it fixed so I can't never win out. Inside or out, it's just different bosses and different rules. Where am I supposed to fit in? Old Man, I got to tell you: I started out pretty strong and fast but it's starting to get to me... When does it end?... What you got in mind for me next? Old Man. What do I do now? Awright. On my hands and knees a skin'. Yeah. That's what I thought. I guess I'm just a hardcase and I gotta find my way out myself."

woodbuck27
09-28-2006, 11:29 PM
LUKE talking to God:

"Old Man, I know I'm a pretty evil feller who killed people in the war and got drunk and chopped up municipal merchandise and like that. I admit ain't got no call to ask for much. But even so, you ain't dealt me no cards in a long time. I mean it's beginning to look like you got it fixed so I can't never win out. Inside or out, it's just different bosses and different rules. Where am I supposed to fit in? Old Man, I got to tell you: I started out pretty strong and fast but it's starting to get to me... When does it end?... What you got in mind for me next? Old Man. What do I do now? Awright. On my hands and knees a skin'. Yeah. That's what I thought. I guess I'm just a hardcase and I gotta find my way out myself."

That one... mraynrand

mmmmm !