PDA

View Full Version : Colin Cole?

Guiness
09-25-2006, 10:28 AM
Why wasn't he dressed? He isn't on the injury report...I thought he'd played ok the past couple of weeks.

BTW two sacks from Corey Williams? Nice!

Harlan Huckleby
09-25-2006, 10:30 AM
Why wasn't he dressed? He isn't on the injury report...I thought he'd played ok the past couple of weeks.

I think Cole got crunched regularly last week.

KYPack
09-25-2006, 10:38 AM
Kendrick Allen was active in Cole's place. Cole himself referenced that horrible play he made on Duece McAllister's 23 yd run vs NO. That was the old "If ya ain't gonna make the play, get the hell out of the way" deal.

Colin had a bad game with a super ugly play. I think he will now get a chance to redeem himself.

He can't go from starter to inactive in 3 weeks, can he?

Well he saw what can happen, now maybe he can fix it.

I really hope this is an example of M3's coaching. How many awful games did Hunt have with no repercussions?

mmmdk
09-25-2006, 10:41 AM
So what happens to Noah Herron then? The bench? Even Green, you can't put the rock on the ground that often. Period.

MJZiggy
09-25-2006, 10:52 AM
If you notice, after the fumble, M3 put Morency in and I didn't see Herron's name called after that. I don't think he touched the ball again in the game (as always, I could be wrong). Come to think of it, Ahman didn't touch the ball in the game again after his fumble either. If you saw the shots of Herron after his fumble, I don't think anyone needed to tell him that he blew a huge opportunity for his team. I'm sure they're both having a very enjoyable morning in the film room. :neutral:

MJZiggy
09-25-2006, 10:53 AM
If you notice, after the fumble, M3 put Morency in and I didn't see Herron's name called after that. I don't think he touched the ball again in the game (as always, I could be wrong). Come to think of it, Ahman didn't touch the ball in the game again after his fumble either. If you saw the shots of Herron after his fumble, I don't think anyone needed to tell him that he blew a huge opportunity for his team. I'm sure they're both having a very enjoyable morning with Coach Bennett in the film room. :neutral:

pittstang5
09-25-2006, 11:41 AM
Come to think of it, Ahman didn't touch the ball in the game again after his fumble either.

Right, they didn't get the ball back, so Ahmen never had a chance. Ahmen's fumble occurred with less than a minute left in the game.

prsnfoto
09-25-2006, 12:35 PM
Come to think of it, Ahman didn't touch the ball in the game again after his fumble either.

Right, they didn't get the ball back, so Ahmen never had a chance. Ahmen's fumble occurred with less than a minute left in the game.

And was an unforgivable coaching error take a knee kick the field goal with 9 seconds ice the game MM is still learning POP warner football coaching. :evil:

MJZiggy
09-25-2006, 01:23 PM

Obviously my pathetic attempt at humor sailed wide right... :neutral:

Fritz
09-25-2006, 01:40 PM

And was an unforgivable coaching error take a knee kick the field goal with 9 seconds ice the game MM is still learning POP warner football coaching. :evil:

I don't agree. Not at all. Shaun Rogers has (I believe) three blocked kicks this year. You risk the other team getting a touchdown on a blocked kick if you try the field goal. And if you just put a knee down and give it to the Lions on their own twenty with about thirty seconds left, you're pulling a Mike Sherman (4th and 26, anyone?). Many people ripped Shermy a new one for not going for it in Philly territory in that infamous game when he had a fourth and one in Eagle territory and a first down would have iced the game.

MM made the right call, in my estimation. It's just that Green messed up.

AtlPackFan
09-25-2006, 01:56 PM

I don't agree. Not at all. Shaun Rogers has (I believe) three blocked kicks this year. You risk the other team getting a touchdown on a blocked kick if you try the field goal. And if you just put a knee down and give it to the Lions on their own twenty with about thirty seconds left, you're pulling a Mike Sherman (4th and 26, anyone?). Many people ripped Shermy a new one for not going for it in Philly territory in that infamous game when he had a fourth and one in Eagle territory and a first down would have iced the game.

I agree whole-heartedly.

KYPack
09-25-2006, 02:58 PM
.[/quote]

And was an unforgivable coaching error take a knee kick the field goal with 9 seconds ice the game MM is still learning POP warner football coaching. :evil:[/quote]

MM made the right call, in my estimation. It's just that Green messed up.[/quote]

Agreed here, Fritz.

MM made the gutsy call that presses the defense.

Of our new twosome, I like the coach the best .

He's agressive and willing to do some risk/reward.

This team always plays hard, if not too well.

I think he's building something for the future.

Scott Campbell
09-25-2006, 03:31 PM

Different team, with different strenghs. I'd have supported Shermy going for it on 4th and 1 then. I'd support MM trying to pin the Lions back in this game.

Guiness
09-25-2006, 03:57 PM
Need to put a big blinking OTsign on these posts.

Not sure how a post about CC ended up being another discussion of MM's coaching abilities.

Bretsky
09-25-2006, 06:08 PM

BTW two sacks from Corey Williams? Nice!

He didn't suit up because he stinks this year. Everybody else on the roster at DL is better.