PDA

View Full Version : I don't know guys... maybe we should trade Favre?!

mission
09-25-2006, 10:30 AM
I mean, as Packer fans, we owe it to Brett to let him leave on a winning note, playing for a team making a run to the super bowl. I don't think it would be that weird seeing him in someone elses uniform. I was thinking Washington after their huge game against that tough Texas squad or maybe Tampa Bay... all they need is a quarterback and they will be a top 3 team in the league no doubt.

Brett just doesn't look like he's having any fun out there, he's definitely washed up and without any weapons around him on offense, hell... I'm a fan, but I just want to see him go out on a bright note. We might be able to get a third or fourth round pick for him at this pace!!!!

Fuck!!! Keep building around Brett and we'll see him for another four seasons. He's better than just about every QB in the league (still) but Sherman's power I offense was definitely not the way to milk efficiency out of Brett.

GO PACK GO!!!

Harlan Huckleby
09-25-2006, 10:32 AM
I don't think you should make judgements based on a single game.

mission
09-25-2006, 10:36 AM
I don't think you should make judgements based on a single game.

If I was TT or MM I shouldn't.

But if I'm a fan whose opinion doesn't matter and I just want to get excited about seeing my favorite athlete ever have a smile on his face, then yep, I'll make judgements based on a single game. Appreciate your advice though.

There was a lot to read between the lines yesterday and what I took from that is a semblence of growing continuity. I'm not saying we won't make mistakes or that we're even going to go 8-8, but come on, the last thing I wanna see is Favre doing what he did yesterday on a different team.

That's crazyspeak. I highly doubt this is Brett's last season.

MJZiggy
09-25-2006, 10:46 AM
Nice one, Tony. We keep improving like we have been and this team can go places. All we need now is a defense.

(I am incuding the running game in that as well. It may not have been brilliant yet, but you have to admit that it was a huge improvement from where we started this season)

Brandon494
09-25-2006, 10:52 AM
Please put down the crack pipe. :crazy:

Pack_Attack
09-25-2006, 11:01 AM
Tampa is gonna be worse then us! Why would we send Favre down there to suffer??

Harlan Huckleby
09-25-2006, 11:03 AM

Suffer? I'd love to be in Florida in November.

mission
09-25-2006, 11:05 AM

I was being sarcastic bud :razz:

and HH is right... I live in Atlanta now and woweeeee, the weather is beautiful! :cool:

MJZiggy
09-25-2006, 11:08 AM

Suffer? I'd love to be in Florida in November.

November and April in Tampa. Plan your vacation around it (which reminds me).

wpony
09-25-2006, 11:53 AM
I think if TT trade Farve he would have more than a dead dog on his hands people in Wisconsin live and die by what he packers do . I used to be a Bartender even the bars were dead on a Sunday night after a Packer loss.
I love the Packers and have been watching them for 50 years but it is still just a game but what a great game it is :lol: especially when I had my Uncle from MI. here during the lion game :mrgreen:
GO PACK GO

AtlPackFan
09-25-2006, 03:05 PM

and HH is right... I live in Atlanta now and woweeeee, the weather is beautiful! :cool:

Tony, how long you lived here now?

mission
09-25-2006, 03:16 PM

I moved from Milwaukee the second week of March this year. I went to school in southern california so mild winters aren't new but damn, they're good to have back!

AtlPackFan
09-25-2006, 03:43 PM

I moved from Milwaukee the second week of March this year. I went to school in southern california so mild winters aren't new but damn, they're good to have back!

Worst part of winters are the damn ice storms. Power almost always fails from trees falling on power lines, etc. And, of course, there is no salting equipment down here. Trying to just get out of our subdivision is a nightmare. But you only get maybe one or two of those a year.

Hey, we need to find how many Packer Rats are in the area and get together for at least one game this year. Maybe at TJs or something. I know Mazzin is from this are but I'm not sure of anyone else. Maybe a November/December game.

mission
09-25-2006, 05:01 PM

Worst part of winters are the damn ice storms. Power almost always fails from trees falling on power lines, etc. And, of course, there is no salting equipment down here. Trying to just get out of our subdivision is a nightmare. But you only get maybe one or two of those a year.

Hey, we need to find how many Packer Rats are in the area and get together for at least one game this year. Maybe at TJs or something. I know Mazzin is from this are but I'm not sure of anyone else. Maybe a November/December game.

Yeah I've heard about the madness that occurs when anything remotely close to snow comes around. Hell, I feel that it takes me an extra 10 minutes to get to the office on days that are overcast! I just don't get it! hahah

Anyway, I'm definitely down to do a meetup or something. You'd figure there'd have to be a lot more Packer fans in the city than you and I. I ran into a couple yesterday at Summit on Roswell Rd. Cool guy named Craig ? Anyway, you can count me in on that for sure. Let me know if you need any help or initiative in organizing it. :mrgreen:

Kiwon
09-25-2006, 05:52 PM
I mean, as Packer fans, we owe it to Brett to let him leave on a winning note, playing for a team making a run to the super bowl.

The Packers organization owes it to Brett because of his position and talent to provide him with suitable players that will maximize his skills.

Packer fans owe Brett undying gratitude for helping to establish a whole new level of expectation and excellence throughout the organization.

But fans don't make personnel decisions and we can't forget that he gets paid $10 million a year to play a game that he loves. That's a pretty good deal.

If I were the GM, the ONLY way that I would trade Brett is if he approved the trade and it was a deal similar to the Herschel Walker deal that rebuilt the Cowboys.

mission
09-25-2006, 07:37 PM
im with ya brother. this thread is completely tongue and cheek, but yes, if we can continue to improve and add talent around brett, i wouldnt rule out seeing him a couple more years. :cool: