PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Sport to play and watch

Charles Woodson
04-18-2006, 05:40 PM
Whats your favorite sport other than Pro Football to play? and to watch?

Favorite sport to play: Tennis or basketball

Favortie sport to watch: NCAA Football, NCAA Basketball

b bulldog
04-18-2006, 05:42 PM
Basketball would be #2 for me.

MJZiggy
04-18-2006, 05:44 PM
There's always a pickup baseball game going on and a pro (or semi-pro) game is a nice way to spend a warm afternoon

GoPackGo
04-18-2006, 05:46 PM
baseball and football dunny

Charles Woodson
04-18-2006, 05:51 PM
Shit. I forgot baseball.

oregonpackfan
04-18-2006, 06:25 PM
Favorite sport to watch: college football

sport I would rather have a root canal, colonoscopy, prostate gland exam than watch: GOLF!

Oregonpackfan

K-town
04-18-2006, 06:35 PM
Favorite sports to watch:
1) Pro Football
2) College Football
3) College Basketball

Favorite sports to play:
1) Golf
2) Basketball
3) Is paintball a sport?

In the immortal words of Janeane Garafolo, "I'd rather put this cigarette out in my ass"...rather than watch:
1) Golf on TV
2) NASCAR
3) Poker tournaments

THough I'm given to understand being at a NASCAR race is a lot of fun. I will have to try that some day. As for televised poker, if I ain't playing with my money, I'm not gonna CARE.

Rastak
04-18-2006, 06:44 PM
There's always a pickup baseball game going on and a pro (or semi-pro) game is a nice way to spend a warm afternoon

Softball I can understand, but playing baseball at my age would be insane.

I just got home from playing three sets of tennis. Really nice out tonight.

Scott Campbell
04-18-2006, 06:49 PM
Skiing, and skiing.

Bretsky
04-18-2006, 07:12 PM
FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH

Football
College Basketball
Pro Basketball
Baseball

TO PLAY

Racquetball
Softball
Basketball (when I was in shape)
Ping Pong

Charles Woodson
04-18-2006, 07:25 PM

I just got home from playing three sets of tennis. Really nice out tonight.

O cool. I just had tryouts for my middle school tennis team today.

MJZiggy
04-18-2006, 08:41 PM

I just got home from playing three sets of tennis. Really nice out tonight.This is the little kid version of baseball. Even if they're out to kill each other, they just can't do it yet. Besides, if you run too fast you crash into the tree we use as second base.

GBRulz
04-18-2006, 10:59 PM
Favorite sports to watch

- Football
- Hockey

Fav sports to play

- tennis
- golf
- softball

Sports that I cannot stand to watch, but I think might be different seeing in person:

- NASCAR
- Golf

RashanGary
04-19-2006, 12:02 AM
Play:

Golf *I started late but I can hit it strait :)*
Football

Watch:

Packer Football
Bucks Basketball
Any post season play *I LOVE POST SEASON COMPETITION*

No Mo Moss
04-19-2006, 12:12 AM
European Soccer is amazingly entertaining and the World Cup will be really something special this summer.

Rastak
04-19-2006, 06:47 AM
European Soccer is amazingly entertaining and the World Cup will be really something special this summer.

Totally agree, I usually take a few days off to watch and I tivo almost all matches and watch 'em all.

HarveyWallbangers
04-19-2006, 07:33 AM
Sports that I cannot stand to watch, but I think might be different seeing in person:

- NASCAR
- Golf

I pretty much like all sports. My favorites are pro basketball, playoff hockey, and NCAA basketball tournament. I love the World Cup and the majors in tennis and golf. I've always loved golf, but watching the PGA Championship in person when it was here was awesome. Racing is another sport that is much more fun to watch live. I haven't been to a NASCAR event, but I'd love to go sometime.

Little Whiskey
04-19-2006, 11:11 AM
okay its time for the redneck to weigh in.

fav sports to watch
football
nascar
baseball

play:
shooting
basketball
paintball
softball

can't stand (not sure why they are on sport networks)
poker
dogshow

by the way, as far as tailgating and pre and post game parties, nothing (i've been to) beats a nascar event. imagine the best tailgate party you've attended only it last for 3-4 days!!! I think once you've attended a race you will be hooked!

beakerman
04-19-2006, 11:16 AM
I pass the busy months by Racing Stock Cars, Bowling, Hunting, when its not racing season its bowling season, and when i need a break from them, its always some sort of hunting season!!

BENZITO
04-19-2006, 11:19 AM
What no hockey on there come on. Playoff hockey is tied with watching football for number 1. Its just so intense and one hit, save, goal, penalty can change the momentum of the game. Just so exciting.

No Mo Moss
04-19-2006, 11:50 AM

Totally agree, I usually take a few days off to watch and I tivo almost all matches and watch 'em all.

I'm debating taking a few days off as well. The US got a really tough draw this year though.

jack's smirking revenge
04-19-2006, 12:00 PM
Favorite sport to play: Soccer

Favorites sports to watch: American Football, European Football (soccer)

tyler

jack's smirking revenge
04-19-2006, 12:05 PM

I'm hopeful that I can find time to watch some of the matches this summer. I don't have Tivo, so it should be challenging to watch a game live because of the time difference. It's taking place in Deutschland, isnt it?

tyler

HarveyWallbangers
04-19-2006, 01:29 PM
We are in the group of death. It's going to be tough.

In my last post I meant to say pro football (not pro basketball) is my favorite.

hurleyfan
04-19-2006, 07:00 PM
Favorite sports to watch

- Football
- Hockey

Fav sports to play

- tennis
- golf
- softball

- NASCAR
- Golf
Michele(with one L)
Hockey is my second fav to watch also! This year in NY we get to watch the Devils beat the Rangers in the playoffs!!

Also Tennis is my favorite to play, followed by Golf then BBall!

Even a slow old white guy can get a game!!

Guiness
04-19-2006, 10:15 PM
Fav sport to play:
1. Badminton
2. Squash/ping pong/tennis
Bretsky - fellow raquet sporter, eh?

To watch:
Pro football is about it. Some hockey (I am Canadian, eh?)
If I try sit still long enoughto watch much else for long, I grab one of my kids, go outside and start throwing stuff at him.

GBRulz
04-19-2006, 11:55 PM
I was out on the golf course for the first time last weekend. Suddenly, after 22 years of playing golf and always having a killer drive, I developed a nasty hook on my drives....grrr.

I think I just have to face it that this big bertha driver I bought a couple years ago just isn't working out for me.

GBRulz
04-19-2006, 11:57 PM
WOO HOO, Hurley's got game !!!

Next time I'm in Hurley I'll bring my clubs or a racket :wink:

My Grandma lived up here for several years actually. :)

Harlan Huckleby
04-20-2006, 12:00 AM
There very little in the way of sports that I want to watch.

Packers go without saying.

Hockey, in person, is exciting.

College bowl games, and Badger football.

I like to watch women jumping on trampolines at the end of the Man Show. Is that a sport?

March Madness is great.

That's it. Oh well, old NBA games on ESPN Classic are fun.

Bretsky
04-20-2006, 12:04 AM
Fav sport to play:
1. Badminton
2. Squash/ping pong/tennis
Bretsky - fellow raquet sporter, eh?

To watch:
Pro football is about it. Some hockey (I am Canadian, eh?)
If I try sit still long enoughto watch much else for long, I grab one of my kids, go outside and start throwing stuff at him.

We'd get along well. I too love Badmitten, Ping Pong, and Racquetball. If there was one sport I'd probably go raquetball. I use to be really good; but now I'm out of shape so I'm just a smasher who has to hit harder and outsmart people cause I'm too d@m slow.

Anti-Polar Bear
04-20-2006, 12:08 AM
Skiing, and skiing.

Skiing should not be a sport, imo. It's amusement entertainment, much like riding on a roller coaster.

Figure skating should not be a sport also; it is basically dancing on ice.

GrnBay007
04-20-2006, 12:10 AM
Skiing, and skiing.

Skiing should not be a sport, imo. It's amusement entertainment, much like riding on a roller coaster.

wow, figure skating is like an art. I don't think there's anything basic about it.

Anti-Polar Bear
04-20-2006, 12:13 AM
Skiing, and skiing.

wow, figure skating is like an art. I don't think there's anything basic about it.

They also call the dances of Britney Spears, Maddonna, MC Hammer art. Figure skating an art, perhaps. Sport, no way.

GrnBay007
04-20-2006, 12:28 AM
Skiing, and skiing.

They also call the dances of Britney Spears, Maddonna, MC Hammer art. Figure skating an art, perhaps. Sport, no way.

There has been debate on this topic over and over again......what people consider is or is not a "sport". Maybe some people determine if something is a sport based on whether it is a "team" effort? how physical it is? What they consider to be "talent"? I'm not really into labels. If someone participates in a physical activity and wants to call it a sport.....all the more power to them. Our Country has grown lazy and if paticipating in and calling some form of physical activity a sport then more power to them!

Anti-Polar Bear
04-20-2006, 12:44 AM
There has been debate on this topic over and over again......what people consider is or is not a "sport". Maybe some people determine if something is a sport based on whether it is a "team" effort? how physical it is? What they consider to be "talent"? I'm not really into labels. If someone participates in a physical activity and wants to call it a sport.....all the more power to them. Our Country has grown lazy and if paticipating in and calling some form of physical activity a sport then more power to them!

Good point...

No Mo Moss
04-20-2006, 01:02 AM

I'm hopeful that I can find time to watch some of the matches this summer. I don't have Tivo, so it should be challenging to watch a game live because of the time difference. It's taking place in Deutschland, isnt it?

tyler

Well it shouldn't be nearly as bad as when it was in Japan and Korea. Those games were on at like 3:00am. It's only a 7 hour difference this summer so the first games of the day will be on in Primetime like 8:00 and the second at 11:00 so it will be a lot easier to watch.

No Mo Moss
04-20-2006, 01:05 AM
We are in the group of death. It's going to be tough.

There is a group that is even harder then ours but we will probably need two wins to advance. Italy likes to choke, the African country is very good but they are missing their best player. Czech Republic is very very good however. I could see the US and the Czechs advancing. The bad news is that the likely first round match-up would be with BRazil, Ouch!

LEWCWA
04-20-2006, 01:43 AM
Baseball/Softball is one sport that is just as fun to practice as it is to actually play the game for me!!!