PDA

View Full Version : MM's Game Plan

Fritz
09-25-2006, 02:22 PM
MM's gotten some heat for his game plans over the last couple of weeks. Me, I've supported his game plans, even and maybe especially for the Bears game. I think if you try to put the load on Favre he's going to feel like he's got to do it all and start winging it all over the lot, including into the opponents' hands.

I like this return to the "pure" west coast offense and I believe MM's game plan went a long way toward contributing to Sunday's win. Keep the passes shorter and mid-range, and try to establish the run. I was glad to see him stick with it even though the run-blocking sucked.

Favre - no interceptions.

Say it again: Favre - no interceptions. Wow.

I wonder what he'll try to do against the Eagles.

Partial
09-25-2006, 02:34 PM
MM's gotten some heat for his game plans over the last couple of weeks. Me, I've supported his game plans, even and maybe especially for the Bears game. I think if you try to put the load on Favre he's going to feel like he's got to do it all and start winging it all over the lot, including into the opponents' hands.

I like this return to the "pure" west coast offense and I believe MM's game plan went a long way toward contributing to Sunday's win. Keep the passes shorter and mid-range, and try to establish the run. I was glad to see him stick with it even though the run-blocking sucked.

Favre - no interceptions.

Say it again: Favre - no interceptions. Wow.

I wonder what he'll try to do against the Eagles.

This week was good. Bears game they just didn't convert enough third and shorts and didn't make any adjustments in order to do that. They lived and die but what I predicted they would do, problem is they didn't execute.

I guarantee you they do a ton of play action quick slants near trotter to keep the blitzing honest and keep the LBs back in coverage.

Defensively, I have a hunch they'll shadow McNabb on every play like they do Vick, but then again who knows now that the players are calling their own plays!

swede
09-25-2006, 03:29 PM
I've already declared MM a winner for the week owing to the coherent game plan, and I have admitted that I'm ready to start having some faith in the guy.

Against the lions I saw commitment to the running game and short passes to running backs and TE's. Believe me, I think we earned our win against a mediocre Lions team. But Philadelphia will be a sterner test of our ability to win more than six games this year.

Let's see if MM can get the defense a bit more ready, now. Maybe he can steal a page from Wile E. Coyote's book and buy Marquand Manuel a pair of Acme Jet skates.