PDA

View Full Version : Noah Herron = Ahman Green (?!)

Fritz
09-25-2006, 02:28 PM
"We have to clean it up," Herron said. "It was kind of a rough day for the running backs. We both have two so far and we can't have that. We have to do everything as running backs to give our team an opportunity to win and putting the ball on the ground is not one of them."

This is from Monday's JSO article on the fumbling. It cracked me up that Noah tried to pass it off as a "us guys" thing.

Uh, Noah, you're one of those players that the scouts like to call "just a guy." Green was an All-Pro who can still bring it pretty good. he fumbles twice and people grumble and talk about how to "fix" it; you fumble twice and you might be looking for a job tomorrow.

Not to worry, though, fans. Coach McCarthy called my mom yesterday and offered her a contract. He said my mother could hang on to the ball better than Noah Herron.

swede
09-25-2006, 03:41 PM
I'll admit I was fooled by Herron's performance in pre-season. I thought it was at least within spitting distance of average.

His kickoff returns in the Bears game left a taste of vomit in my mouth. How embarassing!

Somewhere on some practice squad there isn't some running back ready to step in and do better than Noah Herron?

And you're right, Fritz, Herron is the perfect scapegoat. If you need to roll a head across the floor to show your players that they are being held accountable I think Mr. Herron's will do.

One more mistake and Herron will be gone.

p.s. Speaking of scapegoats and "made an example of's", what was the name of that defensive back that Sherman went postal on after a stupid personal foul penalty? (2004 I think) He got canned on the following Monday. That was entertaining!

HarveyWallbangers
09-25-2006, 03:43 PM
Chris Akins

swede
09-25-2006, 03:47 PM
And I thank you. Sherman totally lost composure during a game twice that I remember. Once was with Warren Sapp and the other was on that kid Akins.

FritzDontBlitz
09-25-2006, 05:15 PM
akins was an idiot, and shermy was so caught up with akins that he forgot all about the game and let a potential game winning drive falter....