PDA

View Full Version : Christl blog, Monday after

motife
09-25-2006, 02:53 PM
MONDAY, Sept. 25, 2006, 11:30 a.m.
What does this tell you?
Marquand Manuel's interception Sunday was his first in 62 NFL regular-season games, including 23 starts. Manuel had one in the post-season for Seattle last year, but his career interception total should tell you all you need to know about his ball skills.

MONDAY, Sept. 25, 2006, 11:27 a.m.
Setting the tone
On wide receiver Greg Jennings' 75-yard touchdown reception, 70 of the yards came after the catch. And from that point forward, the Packers never trailed. That completely changes the complexion of a game and the approach that a coach and quarterback can take.

MONDAY, Sept. 25, 2006, 10:57 a.m.
Wins & picks
Anybody notice that Carson Palmer, Matt Hasselbeck and Rex Grossman threw a combined seven interceptions Sunday, but their teams all won? Palmer threw two as Cincinnati beat Pittsburgh, 28-20; Hasselbeck threw three in Seattle's 42-30 victory over the New York Giants; and Grossman threw two as Chicago edged Minnesota, 19-16.

Just goes to show that good teams can overcome interceptions. That their quarterbacks don't have to be perfect every week for them to win.

Harlan Huckleby
09-25-2006, 05:27 PM
Marquand Manuel's interception Sunday was his first in 62 NFL regular-season games, including 23 starts.

I had a "you got to be f-ing kidding me" moment when the announcer said this. Safties usually get the occasional gift.

ahaha
09-25-2006, 06:53 PM
Marquand Manuel's interception Sunday was his first in 62 NFL regular-season games, including 23 starts.

I had a "you got to be f-ing kidding me" moment when the announcer said this. Safties usually get the occasional gift.

Mike Prior made a career out of gift interceptions.

mraynrand
09-25-2006, 09:31 PM
Mike Prior made a career out of gift interceptions.

He also could fair catch a punt like no other player in the NFL.

b bulldog
09-25-2006, 09:39 PM
great teams can overcome interceptions, average to below average teams can not overcome these mistakes.

BobDobbs
09-25-2006, 10:10 PM
I had forgotten about Mike Prior. Thank you for the reminder. Me and my friend called it Mike Prior time. When he took the field it meant that the game was won and we just needed him to seal the deal.

Terry
09-26-2006, 01:12 PM
You know, if there was a freshly baked pie on the window sill in a nice, warm country kitchen and Cliff Christl walked through the kitchen, I swear the pie would spoil on the spot and the atmosphere in the kitchen turn bleak.

Maybe for my sanity, whenever I see a thread with Christl's name in the subject line, I should skp that thread and read a few pages from the Life of Theresa of Avila or something instead.