PDA

View Full Version : Shaun Alexander Out Indefintely With Broken Foot

BallHawk
09-25-2006, 05:01 PM
The Seahawks lost reigning MVP Shaun Alexander indefinitely after X-rays revealed a small crack in his left foot.

Alexander missed two days of practice last week because of the foot injury believed to have been sustained during a tackle in the Arizona Cardinals game in Week 2. Seahawks coach Mike Holmgren, who announced the injury Monday, wasn't sure which part of Sunday's game against the Giants that Alexander suffered further injury to the foot.

Holmgren said he isn't sure how long Alexander will be out but it's possible he could miss a month. Holmgren said Alexander's injury is a non-displaced fracture of the foot.

"You lose the MVP for a while, it's a hit," Holmgren said. "Let's face it, he's the MVP. We're not going to sugarcoat it."

Maurice Morris will be the starter in Alexander's absence. The Seahawks have a bye week following Sunday's game against the Bears in a matchup of 3-0 teams.

Alexander rushed for 47 yards and a touchdown in Seattle's 42-30 victory over the New York Giants.

BallHawk
09-25-2006, 05:03 PM
http://www.ecetia.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/04/maddennfl07cover.jpg

MasonCrosby
09-25-2006, 05:07 PM
NOOOOO NOT THE MADDEN CURSE!

I LOST MY FANTASY FOOTBALL #1 DRAFT PICK...

i'm ruined...

FritzDontBlitz
09-25-2006, 05:11 PM
wow.

Tony Oday
09-25-2006, 06:43 PM
CURSE!!!!!!!!

PaCkFan_n_MD
09-25-2006, 06:50 PM
I posted this in FF room about 10 min ago. Anyways I never want a packer on the madden cover.

ahaha
09-25-2006, 06:51 PM
F@#king lucky Bears!

Guiness
09-25-2006, 07:02 PM
*crosses himself and thanks a random higher being for choosing LT in his FF pool*

*dashes off to yahoo, only to find Morris was scooped about 25 minutes ago*

Partial
09-25-2006, 09:58 PM
http://www.ecetia.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/04/maddennfl07cover.jpg

Agreed. After getting the phat salary he received, you couldn't pay me enough to be the madden posterboy.

oregonpackfan
09-25-2006, 10:00 PM
This is a huge loss for the Seahawks but Maurice Morris is a very capable backup.

OPF

RashanGary
09-25-2006, 10:01 PM
Damn,

He is a great player. He's that AJ Hawk type palyer. NOt freakish but really damn good at everything physically and a GREAT football player.

VegasPackFan
09-25-2006, 11:43 PM
I really thought that next's week game would help determine who is the best in the NFC. Now, it doesnt seem like you can make too much of it. Seattle will be a different team without Alexander.

Bretsky
09-25-2006, 11:58 PM
The injury has made the matchup more even. I really think at full strength Seattle is still a strong step above Da Bears.

MadtownPacker
09-26-2006, 01:38 AM
All that deny the Madden curse exist should ... :bow: down!!!!

Dabaddestbear
09-26-2006, 04:20 AM
F@#king lucky Bears!

Get off it. Although this should make things a little better for the Bears I like to see them challenged by the best at full throttle. Either way I think they would win.

Dabaddestbear
09-26-2006, 04:23 AM
The injury has made the matchup more even. I really think at full strength Seattle is still a strong step above Da Bears.
All things considered take into account that Alexander havent done no better than Thomas Jones this year.

At full strength these teams look very similiar to each other with the Seahwks having the edge in offense and the Bears in Defense. So they balanced out. And with a Balance the team with the best defense wins.

Bretsky
09-26-2006, 07:19 AM
All things considered take into account that Alexander havent done no better than Thomas Jones this year.

At full strength these teams look very similiar to each other with the Seahwks having the edge in offense and the Bears in Defense. So they balanced out. And with a Balance the team with the best defense wins.

I don't see them as balanced; at full strength I see Seattle MUCH stronger on offense. I see that advantage decisively bigger than differences on defense.

That being said, the game is in Chicago so it's about 50-50.

On a neutral field or in Seattle this is not that close of a game IMO.

CaptainKickass
09-26-2006, 12:44 PM
With "The Hoff" throwing 5 TD's last week and Branch having another week in "Holm-boy's" offense, I see the Bears getting lit up like Xmas. Mo-Mo is a quality backup and I predict he will have 100 yds rushing.

Lets not forget about the Seattle D - They are the single reason for the Hawks being 3-0.

Legend:

"The Hoff" = (Hasslehoff/hasslebeck)
"Holm-boy" = (Holmgren)
"Mo-Mo" = (Maurice Morris)

CaptainKickass
09-26-2006, 12:54 PM
Incidentally - I am also getting a TON of mileage with the local Seattle "fans" out of the whole "Madden Curse".

I'm no Hawks fan but I really want them to put the smackdown on the bears just because they're the Bears.

:mrgreen: :D

BEARMAN
09-26-2006, 06:06 PM
F@#king lucky Bears!

No luck about it. :roll:

They feild their best 22 men, We feild our best 22 men, Game ON !

DA BEARS have beefed up their DB's and still have one of the best DL's and LB'er cores in all the NFL !

Rex being healthy and our WR's playing at a much higher leval brings our offence to a leval that requires other teams to step back and take notice.

I think it will be a GREAT game and one we will ,after winning it, measure ourselves as NFC contenders !

DA BEARS 24

seachickens 17

GO BEARS !

CaptainKickass
09-26-2006, 06:15 PM
Rex being healthy and our WR's playing at a much higher leval brings our offence to a leval that requires other teams to step back and take notice.

That's all fine and good Bearman but how about bringing your spelling up to a different Level - preferably higher than 6th grade - so that nobody here takes Offense at the fact that while talking intelligent football, you come off as an uneducated moron.

Please?

Tony Oday
09-26-2006, 06:23 PM
I also remember the vaunted Bears defense against the Panthers...

The Hawks win this one big. They will get up two TDs and force a young grossman to throw and abandon the run. Game over...

BEARMAN
09-26-2006, 07:57 PM
Please, get over my spelling errors.
There is no way this is a blow out ! Look what the Giants defence did to them in the second half. DA BEARS defence is way better then the Giants defence. Look how bad the Lions made then look. They are beatable and DA BEARS are just the team to beat them ! They are without their starting RB, RG, DE, and a couple others I can't remember. All toll, 5 starters will not play for the seachickens. Couple that with the fact that all starters are playing for DA BEARS, and the game is in the BEAR DEN, all adds up to a BEARS "W" !

DA BEARS 24

seachickens 17

GO BEARS !

Zool
09-27-2006, 07:47 AM
This is a tough one to call, but I'm gonna have to give the Cubbies the nod. Seattles O is ranked 20th in yards overall. Their run D is strong, but they are giving up 220+ in the passing game.

If this was in Seattle, I would give the Hawks the win, but its in FIB-land. 4-0 to start....god that sux.

MJZiggy
09-27-2006, 03:17 PM
According to ESPN, Alexander might play this week. He says God healed his foot.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2605084

BEARMAN
09-27-2006, 03:38 PM
GOOD ! If you want to call yourself the best, you have to beat the best. Now the seachickens will be at full strength and DA BEARS will beat them fair and square.
Game ON !

DA BEARS 24

seachickens 17

GO BEARS !

CaptainKickass
09-27-2006, 03:43 PM
According to ESPN, Alexander might play this week. He says God healed his foot.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2605084

Maybe Alexander can convince God to eliminate the "Madden Curse"??

Seems like Alexander is taking a page from the Reggie White "god heald me" playbook.

hmmm???

jack's smirking revenge
09-27-2006, 03:50 PM
With or without Alexander, I don't think the Hawks are the best team in the NFC. I would argue that the early pick is the Bears, but the whole conference is terribly weak. Hell, the whole NFL is bizarroland right now, so I'm not sure if that's any concellation. I guess my point is that, like someone stated earlier, Alexander wasn't exactly having a blockbuster year. Through 3 games, he hadn't eclipsed 100 yards once and only had 2 TDs. That's output from a pedestrian RB, not the NFL's MVP.

I think their O-Line is REALLY hurting without Hutch. Hasselbeck is doing fairly well, but their once-vaunted running game hasn't got on track yet. Morris or a broke-footed Alexander won't fix that against the Bears.

tyler

MJZiggy
09-27-2006, 03:52 PM
Didn't Reggie tend to win games when God healed him? I've heard of the 12th man, but will there be a 13th? :?

Can any of the stat geniuses find a correlation between being healed by God and winning the following game? (how you find that stuff I will never know)

]{ilr]3
09-27-2006, 05:24 PM
Because its in Chicago I give the Bears the edge. IMO this game is between the current 2 stongest teams in the NFC. #1 comes out on top, big nod to the Seahawks if they pull out a win on the road.