PDA

View Full Version : ESPN DRAFT SHOW NOW ON

b bulldog
04-18-2006, 06:32 PM
6:30

Partial
04-18-2006, 07:33 PM
Sweet Jesus Mario looked destructive in those clips.

CyclonePackFan
04-18-2006, 07:35 PM
Packers up next...

Partial
04-18-2006, 07:36 PM
Hopefully they show some Hawk lovin'

CyclonePackFan
04-18-2006, 07:44 PM
"Green Bay overvalues it's own players"

http://tinypic.com/8whxf6.jpg

Partial
04-18-2006, 07:45 PM
YA RLY

there ya have it gents;

and thats the bottom line - 'cause mel kiper said so

CyclonePackFan
04-18-2006, 07:46 PM
NO WAI!

b bulldog
04-18-2006, 08:00 PM
lOOKS LIKE hAWK OR hUFF WILL BE THE PICK, i'M LEANING TOWARDS hAWK.

Bretsky
04-18-2006, 08:07 PM

If we stay put Hawk needs to be the pick if Mario and Bush are gone.

If we trade down then Huff is OK, but if we go below 8 we'll lose out on Hawk, Davis, and Huf.

Charles Woodson
04-18-2006, 08:23 PM

If we stay put Hawk needs to be the pick if Mario and Bush are gone.

If we trade down then Huff is OK, but if we go below 8 we'll lose out on Hawk, Davis, and Huf.

Not neccisarily

houston-bush
N.O.-Mario
Titans-leinart
Jets-Da brick
Pack-trades to 8-Bills
bills-Hawk
49ers-davis
oakland-young
pack-huff

so we dont actually know. The more i like huff, ther more i realise that we dont need a saftie :sad:

Partial
04-18-2006, 08:32 PM
Hawk is a stud. Mario looked awfully dominant in his highlight real(thats to be expected) though.

HarveyWallbangers
04-18-2006, 08:39 PM
Hawk is a stud. Mario looked awfully dominant in his highlight real(thats to be expected) though.

He was probably go up against Wake and Duke in those clips. I don't think he did much in most games against the best teams.

That Special was about as horrible as it comes. Just horrendous. They sure ripped the shit out of Brett Favre. It's why I prefer the local writers to national writers. The host said the Packers haven't signed one FA. Well, I know they haven't been huge names (and I've been disappointed in Ted Thompson), but they've signed some.

b bulldog
04-18-2006, 08:42 PM
i THOUGHT IT WAS BRUTALLY HONEST and Mario was playing against Maryland.

HarveyWallbangers
04-18-2006, 08:52 PM
i THOUGHT IT WAS BRUTALLY HONEST and Mario was playing against Maryland.

Who is Maryland's LT?

RashanGary
04-18-2006, 08:59 PM
oh god harv...Give it up. I was all about being open minded and I didn't like when bull was so sure of Mario but he was right and Mario is a GREAT player. He's twice as valuable of a prospect as Hawk.

b bulldog
04-18-2006, 09:01 PM
Don't know or care! They were honest about his slow start so it wasn't as though they were totally in awe of him. Stinky was a great Olineman and he said his hand technique at years end was very good along with his footwork. I suppose you knoiw better than him also. I think you think your more knowledgeable than you really are.

b bulldog
04-18-2006, 09:04 PM
Great prospect Nick, we won't know if any of these are great players till a season or two down the road. The best player could end up being Ngata.

HarveyWallbangers
04-18-2006, 09:10 PM
oh god harv...Give it up. I was all about being open minded and I didn't like when bull was so sure of Mario but he was right and Mario is a GREAT player. He's twice as valuable of a prospect as Hawk.

What the hell are you talking about? I've stated I'd take Williams over Hawk, but I don't sit here and make the same prediction over and over (until people are beaten senseless with it) like something is fact. Actually, his takes are starting to sound like tank (just substitute Huff for Mario). Bottom line: nobody knows for sure if a guy will be great at the pro level, so acting like it's a sure thing is senseless.

b bulldog
04-18-2006, 09:16 PM
Posting the obvious Harv although I've been on his back since late October. I get kudos for that :D Lighten up a tad, life is good even though Mario will be gone by 5!

Bretsky
04-18-2006, 09:19 PM
Don't know or care! They were honest about his slow start so it wasn't as though they were totally in awe of him. Stinky was a great Olineman and he said his hand technique at years end was very good along with his footwork. I suppose you knoiw better than him also. I think you think your more knowledgeable than you really are.

Not starting a fight here; my preference is and always has been Hawk. But I haven't studied Mario's stats and have been too lazy to research this myself so I'm asking you, who should probably be the Mario expert since you've been on his train so long.

Did he consistently dominate on defense last year ? I've heard several references that he had a few good games against poor competition and disappeared against the good teams. It reminded me, to an extent, of how KGB sometimes dominates a poor OT and then goes some games invisibile against good competition.

Is this a fair analysis of Williams, or did he dominate on a consistent basis.

Does the team who drafts Williams get a near finished product, or a guy who is a ways away who might dominate some day in the future ?

HarveyWallbangers
04-18-2006, 09:27 PM
Seriously, I'd like to hear some other takes from you.

We've all been right before. I said that I thought Cutler was being overhyped when people said right after the combine that he might be a top 5 pick. I said that I thought DeMeco Ryans was overhyped when people said he might be a top 15 pick. I know you have some knowledge, but I wouldn't be hurt at all if you didn't mention Tom Brady, A.J. Hawk, Brett Favre, or Mario Williams for a week.
:D

b bulldog
04-18-2006, 09:27 PM
He is by no means a finished project and like I said before, I think it will take Mario a year and a half for everything to click and for him to dominate. My belief is that Davis and Bush are the two that will contribute most as R's. He was cut blocked on a regular basis during the first half of the season and really did a lousey job dealing with them. He than supposedly was taught of the light went on , on how to use his long arms and his hands. He was than totally disruptive so that arguement does hiols some merit. As shown on ESPN, he now has at least four passrushing moves and his closing speed was terrifying for a 300pounder.

b bulldog
04-18-2006, 09:29 PM
B, last night was fantastic, please take nothing personal if I got out of line. I do respect your opinion, why? I don't know but I do. :D

Bretsky
04-18-2006, 09:33 PM
B, last night was fantastic, please take nothing personal if I got out of line. I do respect your opinion, why? I don't know but I do. :D

Yes, I had some fun last night too; nothing was personal at all. I respect yours as well, even though you are wrong most of the time :wink:

Guiness
04-18-2006, 10:06 PM
They were showing clips from the Maryland game? That's the game when he was schooling the LT, and they used Vernon Davis to block him, right?

Did they show any highlights of that match up? I would guess they'd only show ones of Mario getting by him, since successful blocks don't make good TV. I'd love to see clips of every damn snap that those players went head-to-head. It's tell us a lot about both of them.

b bulldog
04-18-2006, 10:08 PM
tHEY said that Davis is a bad blocker but should become a good blocker with his strength and footwork.

ND72
04-18-2006, 10:57 PM
saying Mario was cut, is just stupid, no team on any planet, will cut a guy every down, and he wasn't cut on every down. it's just a cheap way out for him. i saw him vs. Florida State, and the honorable mention tackle just completely dominated him all game long. never once cut him, and that was early in the season. he had 11 sacks vs. teams that were below .500, and had 3 sacks vs. teams over .500. that tells me a lot. FSU ran right at Mario, and he couldn't stop the run. he had 2 tackles 0 sacks vs. FSU. that's just domination.

I like Mario, i think he has huge potential. but he's very raw, and has the same potential to be the largest bust, as he does the largest star. and i want nothing to do with that. i want a guy who will start day 1, and be a stud day 1, AJ HAWK.

RashanGary
04-18-2006, 11:21 PM
We can all agree we don't know crap :)

Patler
04-18-2006, 11:35 PM
Who was the other former pro besides Mark Schlereth? I was listening more than watching and never got to see him well.

I found the Favre comments interesting. Schlereth and the other guy speaking from their perspective as "former pros" essentially stated:

1. His indecision is hurting the psyche of the other players who look to him for leadership.

2. Favre has unquestionably earned the right to take his time.

3. As the unquestioned leader of the team, even though he has earned the right, it is wrong for him to take that much time.

They seemed to be in very clear agreement on those points, and very firm in their beliefs. I obviously don't remember their exact words, but I remember the statements as being very assertive, no "I thinks" "probablies", that sort of thing.

I also found it interesting that one thought Favre would and should retire, the other thought he would not and should not retire.

GrnBay007
04-18-2006, 11:38 PM
Fact or Fiction? :D

CyclonePackFan
04-18-2006, 11:39 PM
Who was the other former pro besides Mark Schlereth? I was listening more than watching and never got to see him well.

It was Darren Woodson

CyclonePackFan
04-18-2006, 11:56 PM
This is post #4600 in the "Green Bay Packers" thread.

That is all.

ND72
04-19-2006, 08:49 AM
Fact or Fiction....Houston Trades out of #1?

Harlan Huckleby
04-19-2006, 08:53 AM
B, last night was fantastic,

Andy Reid is definitley very bulldogish.

HarveyWallbangers
04-19-2006, 09:11 AM
Fact or Fiction....Houston Trades out of #1?

That's tough. Reggie Bush is the best player in this draft, IMHO. However, if you look at their roster, they have far greater needs. If they could get a blockbuster deal, then they should trade down. I'll say fiction because I think New Orleans with McAllister and Bennett and Houston with Brown and Henry are probably content with their RBs. That would leave the Jets to realistically bid for Bush, and I think they probably would be content to fill their needs at QB, DE, or OT instead.

ND72
04-19-2006, 09:17 AM
I agree that Bush is the #1 guy...but my thought is the Texans could use other things than Bush. I did read the Jets were "not so impressed by Leinart".....so i donno, if they trade up, i think they would trade up for Bush if they did, otherwise they stay put and take Young or whoever. I think all of this is making this draft even more fun now though. there is more intrege into it starting right at the beginning.

And i saw this earlier about if Alex Smith was in this draft..blah blah...I personally didn't think Alex Smith was a legit 1st round QB last year. I did think Rodgers was at about where we took him. If Leinart had came out last year, we'd probably have Alex Smith, and i'd shoot myself.