PDA

View Full Version : Think what could have happened if we signed Arrington

PackerPro42
09-25-2006, 06:00 PM
If we signed Arrington we probably could have traded Walker, Green, and our first rounder to get Bush. Bush is dominating and we could really use him.

The_Dude
09-25-2006, 06:06 PM
Or we could have had Arrington and Hawk.... :D

PackerPro42
09-25-2006, 07:06 PM
I think if the packers signed Arrington they would have made a move for Bush.

MJZiggy
09-25-2006, 07:09 PM
I don't know...Hawk has awfully pretty curls...

BallHawk
09-25-2006, 07:10 PM
You realize that every one of our starting Linebackers has more tackles than Arrington, even Brady Poppinga?

And wait until Arrington is sitting out with an injury and we're still paying him millions.

packers11
09-25-2006, 07:12 PM
You realize that every one of our starting Linebackers has more tackles than Arrington, even Brady Poppinga?

And wait until Arrington is sitting out with an injury and we're still paying him millions.

Poppinga has to make the tackles right after they catch it :mrgreen: .... 30 yard gain... Pops there to get the TACKLE! :lol:

BallHawk
09-25-2006, 07:12 PM
And how is Bush dominating? He has 21 rushes for 72 yards and 0 TDs. Not exactly setting the world on fire.

However, I love what he has done for NO.

PackerPro42
09-25-2006, 07:14 PM
I wasn't talking about Arrington being better. I was just saying that we probably wouldhave made a mive on Bush if we got Arrington. I realize he's not doing good.

BallHawk
09-25-2006, 07:17 PM
I wasn't talking about Arrington being better. I was just saying that we probably wouldhave made a mive on Bush if we got Arrington. I realize he's not doing good.

That's a very shaky assumption to make. I don't know whether we would of drafted Hawk, but if Reggie Bush falls on your lap, you don't move down 3 picks just to get a WR coming of a major injury and an aging RB.

I do expect a big game from Bush tonight, though.

mission
09-25-2006, 07:32 PM

yeah!

i realize that if we would have signed arrington then our defense would be in even greater shambles, we'd be starting pop AND ben taylor, wouldnt have a win and arrington would be on the sideline collecting his paycheck.

b bulldog
09-25-2006, 09:32 PM
Bush is a good player but as of now, his hype is overshadowing him.

gbpackfan
09-25-2006, 09:55 PM
ARRINGTON!? Have you been paying attention to what the New York and national media is saying about him? I know, the media isn't always right but they may be spot on here. Arrington is playing like he is washed up. His knee is a constant problem. Hawk is much younger and plays A LOT faster then Arrington does. Don't get me wrong, Bush would be great to have, but they way things worked out, I LOVE HAVING AJ HAWK AS A GREEN BAY PACKER. I would never, nor would any GM, switch Hawk for Arrington.

My guess is we will draft a RB with one of our picks in the first two rounds.

BallHawk
09-29-2006, 07:18 AM
ARRINGTON!? Have you been paying attention to what the New York and national media is saying about him? I know, the media isn't always right but they may be spot on here. Arrington is playing like he is washed up. His knee is a constant problem. Hawk is much younger and plays A LOT faster then Arrington does. Don't get me wrong, Bush would be great to have, but they way things worked out, I LOVE HAVING AJ HAWK AS A GREEN BAY PACKER. I would never, nor would any GM, switch Hawk for Arrington.

Agreed.

VegasPackFan
09-29-2006, 12:08 PM
I honestly dont think that New Orleans would have traded out of the #2 for anything.

They desperately needed instant star power and excitement to jump start their fan base and that city.

Chester Marcol
09-29-2006, 12:08 PM

Agreed.

And how.

I thought after reading the topic that it would have been a thread about how much more F'd our D would have been. Never supsected it would have been possitive.

Creepy
09-29-2006, 01:04 PM
I loved the idea of getting Arrington this last year, but am glad they didn't. Rather than trade a lot and get Bush I still would have picked Hawk. hawk and Arringotn outside would have been great.

The biggest problem I thougt was his knee, but was hoping he would be good for th year. Second site has now shown that his knee was worse than evrybody thought and it is nice that GB didn't get him. We have hawk and I still believ this defense will get its act together and be as good as it should.

Fritz
09-29-2006, 01:39 PM
If the Packers had signed Arrington, the Giants might have signed Woodson. If they'd signed Woodson, Carroll would be starting for Green Bay. If Carroll were starting for Green Bay, then TT would have traded down once more to pick up another corner, and then GB wouldn't have picked Cory Rogers, who would not have gone out celebrating that night he shot his gun off because he would have been a fifth round pick of the Cardinals. The guys in the club that night whom he got into it with would have gone home early to their girlfriends. But because they were drunk, they would have got it on with their girlfriends without condoms, and two of the young women would have gotten pregnant. The guys, hearing this, would have split, and the resulting children would be dependent upon state help.

The Texas tax base would be strained as a result, the promise of two young women's lives would be lost, Cory Rogers would still be jobless, and there would be numerous threads here about how dumb TT was to sign Arrington, and there would other numerous threads about why TT didn't sign Charles Woodson.

That's what would have happened.

VegasPackFan
09-29-2006, 03:26 PM
Fritz,

But twenty years later those state-dependent children would be TWO guys that the current Packer GM could draft! So thats a brilliant long -term 2 for 1 move.

TT is a moron for not pulling the trigger on that one.

BallHawk
09-29-2006, 03:51 PM
Brilliant Fritz!

Harlan Huckleby
09-29-2006, 05:47 PM
Brilliant Fritz!

I just noticed he joined on April Fool's day. All of his posts have been tongue-in-cheek. I thought he was a football expert, sure fooled me.

mission
09-29-2006, 07:45 PM
If the Packers had signed Arrington, the Giants might have signed Woodson. If they'd signed Woodson, Carroll would be starting for Green Bay. If Carroll were starting for Green Bay, then TT would have traded down once more to pick up another corner, and then GB wouldn't have picked Cory Rogers, who would not have gone out celebrating that night he shot his gun off because he would have been a fifth round pick of the Cardinals. The guys in the club that night whom he got into it with would have gone home early to their girlfriends. But because they were drunk, they would have got it on with their girlfriends without condoms, and two of the young women would have gotten pregnant. The guys, hearing this, would have split, and the resulting children would be dependent upon state help.

The Texas tax base would be strained as a result, the promise of two young women's lives would be lost, Cory Rogers would still be jobless, and there would be numerous threads here about how dumb TT was to sign Arrington, and there would other numerous threads about why TT didn't sign Charles Woodson.

hahah one of the best posts ive read on here!!!

:clapclap:

fritz = :cool:

KYPack
09-29-2006, 09:01 PM

That's bullshit, Fritz.

Cory would NOT have been jobless.

He sewed up a gig as a bouncer at that joint in Ft Worth with that slick move with the shotgun. They eat that shit up in W Texas.

the_idle_threat
09-29-2006, 10:49 PM
Jeez, the legend grows ... it was a shotgun now? :?: :lol: