PDA

View Full Version : Losses to Two 3-0 Teams?

RIPackerFan
09-25-2006, 09:21 PM
If NO wins, we will have lost to two 3-0 teams, teams that have beat other "good" teams.

Maybe we are better than we thought? Remember - the Lions almost beat Seattle.

Seattle whooped the Giants and the Giants beat the Eagles (barely).

Can you make something out of this pattern?

There are worst things then losing to two undefeated teams.

MadtownPacker
09-25-2006, 09:28 PM
Man this is a very good point. 1-2 with a O that is coming up means those who threw the towel in early might need a I.V. of KoolAid. I have a good feeling about next week. Pack is due to win in the city of assholes.

RIPackerFan
09-25-2006, 09:35 PM
Its going to be a good game - who knows what will happen.

But we played the Bears in our first game (when they returned all but 2 players from O and D) - when we were still learning to walk.

Against NO, we lost a game that we should have won - the O for the Pack was just starting to gell.

The last game, the O did start to gell - but the D needs to get in order.

I think that we match up well against the Eagles. Hopefully the quick speed of the LBs will be able to contain McNabb and Westbrook - they also have no "playmakers" on the reciever end - if our secondary can't control those guys, thats pretty bad.

The Eagles are banged up - maybe we can take advantage.

ND72
09-25-2006, 10:13 PM
I thought all along we have talent, we just need to gel that talent, and get certain vets, Favre, to encourage and help these guys along. Before the Herron fumble on sunday, I saw somethign from Favre I don't think I've ever seen from him...encouragement to the rest of his guys...at least not like that. I think our offense can become dangerous, if we can get Ahman and the running game rolling. We need our defense to start working out the kinks. If we can get all that going, I think we could be competitive this year. maybe not playoffs, but..competitive. We should be 2-1 right now.

woodbuck27
09-25-2006, 10:24 PM
If NO wins, we will have lost to two 3-0 teams, teams that have beat other "good" teams.

Maybe we are better than we thought? Remember - the Lions almost beat Seattle.

Seattle whooped the Giants and the Giants beat the Eagles (barely).

Can you make something out of this pattern?

There are worst things then losing to two undefeated teams.Yea

I've got it!

Then if Seattle whooped "the Giants" and they whooped "the Eagles" and because Seattle just got past "the Lions" and we whooped them. We must be as good or better than Seattle and I VOTE better and because "the Saints" whooped us ......

The Saints are on their way to "the Super Bowl"... until we whoop them in the return matchup in NFC Final and it's us in the Super Bowl. :mrgreen:

NOT A PROBLEM ! :mrgreen:

GO PACK GO ! PACKER FAN FAITH !!

retailguy
09-25-2006, 10:44 PM
Yea

I've got it!

Then if Seattle whooped "the Giants" and they whooped "the Eagles" and because Seattle just got past "the Lions" and we whooped them. We must be as good or better than Seattle and I VOTE better and because "the Saints" whooped us ......

The Saints are on their way to "the Super Bowl"... until we whoop them in the return matchup in NFC Final and it's us in the Super Bowl. :mrgreen:

NOT A PROBLEM ! :mrgreen:

GO PACK GO ! PACKER FAN FAITH !!

Can I have some of what you're drinking?

VegasPackFan
09-25-2006, 11:18 PM
Well, maybe the Saints arent as bad as people said they were.

One thing you can say is that we looked better against the Saints than the highly-touted Falcons did tonight. And the Bears will end up oneof the top teams in the NFC this year most likely.

Harlan Huckleby
09-25-2006, 11:24 PM
The Lions look like an awful team. The Packers barely beat them.

The Packers defense looked crappy. The offensive line is coming around, at least in pass blocking.

This team still seems to ride on Favre's talent. They have an easy schedule. If they keep getting better, maybe they have a shot at 8-8, but I wouldn't bet the farm.

ND72
09-26-2006, 07:52 AM

The Packers defense looked crappy. The offensive line is coming around, at least in pass blocking.

This team still seems to ride on Favre's talent. They have an easy schedule. If they keep getting better, maybe they have a shot at 8-8, but I wouldn't bet the farm.

agreed

KYPack
09-26-2006, 11:11 AM

Yee Gods, Harlan.

That sure takes the shine off the win.

I think the OLine's performance and the emergence of Hawk is something we can build on.

I'll take 8-8. That was my pre-season prediction

Harlan Huckleby
09-26-2006, 11:39 AM
KY, the win was shiny only because of the alternative, actually losing to the Lions and falling to 0-3.

Favre had a good day. There were postives. Are we really to the point that we are excited by a game where our defense gets abused by such a weak offense?

MJZiggy
09-26-2006, 11:55 AM
Yes. :oops: :mrgreen:

Harlan Huckleby
09-26-2006, 11:56 AM
hah! OK, well maybe I'm being a tiny bit of a sour puss.

Green Bud Packer
09-26-2006, 12:01 PM
i'm sticking to my 10-5-1 prediction

KYPack
09-26-2006, 12:04 PM
hah! OK, well maybe I'm being a tiny bit of a sour puss.

No, you are being realistic.

We just aren't a good team yet & now we have to be happy with the little things.

Our minds are used to us sprinting, but we have to be happy to walk a little.

CaptainKickass
09-26-2006, 01:47 PM
Ironic - I was just saying to a friend of mine after last nights Saints/Falcons game - if we lost to 2 different 3-0 teams then I don't quite feel so negative about having a plus .500 season.

:mrgreen: :D

mission
09-26-2006, 01:58 PM
Are we really to the point that we are excited by a game where our defense gets abused by such a weak offense?

As stated above, I think you're being more realistic than a lot of us. But I think why we are excited is *because* of the point we were/are at. Let's face it: we have threads in here talking about who we're going to take with the #1 pick in the draft or Top 3 or whatever (myself included) and we are most likely in the bottom half of the NFL, I just don't think the bottom five. Polls on ESPN on who's getting the first pick... Raiders or GB is fucking embarassing. And we laugh it off with no other option.

So we're at a point where getting excited about a win where we got exposed is justified? I don't know... I sure got excited. There was a lot that went right in the game and I just have a hard time thinking the Packer secondary can continue to look as prepared as a junior high intersquad preseason scrimmage. I just can't see it happening ALL year ... Shottenheimer or not. It's too high of a level of play with too much pressure from the outside for there to be a 400 yard passer every game. I just honestly really have a hard time thinking "miscommunications" can be the excuse all year.

*shrug*