PDA

View Full Version : bUSH HYPE

b bulldog
09-25-2006, 09:54 PM
I like Reggie as much as some but not as much as others,..yet. I love his cute little gold shoes and how all the commentators go on and on about him. I love the fact that they blame the turf for not allowing him to make his terriffic moves, never does the D get credit. I love the fact that he is a RB who only catches the ball out of the backfeild and rarely goes between the T's. I love the fact that he is already the O, RMVP without even doing much yet. Reggie seems like a very good kid but let him do something on the feild before he gets showered with all this praise.

MJZiggy
09-25-2006, 09:59 PM
I have been rolling my eyes all game. Theisman should NEVER EVER wax poetic and I never thought I'd hear Chris Berman utter the words "joie de vivre." And how come at the beginning of the game, the turf was going to be a horrible factor for Bush (because he twisted on it) but by halftime Bush has the perfect running style for this shitty turf that the caretakers of the field need to be supremely embarrassed about? And since when is Spike Lee more important than what's going on on the field (I'm almost done) and since when is U2 a product of New Orleans? They are favorite sons? (Ok, I'm done now--for now)

Packnut
09-25-2006, 10:01 PM
If you paid a little more attention, you would notice the Defenses are keying on him. The Pack doubled him with 2 LB's and the reason Deuce is getting so many yds on that fake to Bush is because the Falcon D is all over Reggie.

Partial
09-25-2006, 10:03 PM
Are you guys kidding me? Bush may not be the holy grail yet, but the fact defenses have to change the way they play the game for him represents his impact on it. I've NEVER seen a rookie change a game the way Mr. Bush does.

RashanGary
09-25-2006, 10:03 PM
I like Reggie as much as some but not as much as others,..yet. I love his cute little gold shoes and how all the commentators go on and on about him. I love the fact that they blame the turf for not allowing him to make his terriffic moves, never does the D get credit. I love the fact that he is a RB who only catches the ball out of the backfeild and rarely goes between the T's. I love the fact that he is already the O, RMVP without even doing much yet. Reggie seems like a very good kid but let him do something on the feild before he gets showered with all this praise.

I'll tell you what bulldog, I remember almost all of your posts and when I see Reggie, I am thinking that you were right on with yoru analysis.

He's a great player. I'm not syaing he won't be really good, but you saw something that I didn't see. I believed the hype, all of it, but i'm not so sure now.

Partial
09-25-2006, 10:04 PM

I'll tell you what bulldog, I remember almost all of your posts and when I see Reggie, I am thinking that you were right on with yoru analysis.

He's a great player. I'm not syaing he won't be really good, but you saw something that I didn't see. I believed the hype, all of it, but i'm not so sure now.

That's why people rip you and bulldog for your understanding of football. He isn't ridiculously good yet, but the fact he is accounted for by two or three players on every play is pretty outrageous and very randy moss esque.

Pacopete4
09-25-2006, 10:04 PM
ahahaha.. oh god, here we go.. now their keying on reggie and he's not good enough to get yards. If I remember right Barry Sanders (the guy bush is supposed to be better than) was keyed on every damn game of his life with a horrible offensive line and he had ZERO problem rackin up amazing stats.. Bush is money one on one.. but is not a good RB for 25 carries.. he'l serve better as a WR.

Jennings for O-Rook MVP so far in my book.. what a joke with bush so far
DUUUUUUUUUECE!!!!!

BallHawk
09-25-2006, 10:05 PM
I agree MJ, there should of been more jazz, that's what the city is about. Here is my big question...

WHERE WAS WYNTON MARSALIS?!?!

He's an extroadinary trumpet player and a New Orleans native. He was very involved with the rebuilding of New Orelans after Katrina.

The Green Day-U2 thing was kinda cool, but it was mainly used to appeal to the mainstream younger audience. Jazz doesn't do that, unfortuantly.

They still should of had Marsalis, that guy is amazing.

Partial
09-25-2006, 10:08 PM
ahahaha.. oh god, here we go.. now their keying on reggie and he's not good enough to get yards. If I remember right Barry Sanders (the guy bush is supposed to be better than) was keyed on every damn game of his life with a horrible offensive line and he had ZERO problem rackin up amazing stats.. Bush is money one on one.. but is not a good RB for 25 carries.. he'l serve better as a WR.

DUUUUUUUUUECE!!!!!

He's not as big as barry and i'm not sold he's a running back, but he is a damn good player.

MJZiggy
09-25-2006, 10:10 PM
Think of Marsalis backing up the National Anthem...

I just got all excited, though at the though of Theisman becoming the guy for Atlanta responsible for running down the field and calling the time outs. A much better job for him IMO. Perhaps he should follow that dream.

Deputy Nutz
09-25-2006, 10:24 PM
Bush's speed seems to be neutralized to this point in his NFL career. Barry Sanders was gods gift to football, he wasn't extrememly fast, what he could do was start and stop and cut faster than any player to ever play the game. Barry had more shake than a 234 pound stripper.

HarveyWallbangers
09-25-2006, 10:27 PM
He's not as big as barry and i'm not sold he's a running back, but he is a damn good player.

Bingo. I doubt the Packers put Charles Woodson on Aaron Stecker if he came out of the backfield last week--leaving Brady Poppinga on Joe Horn. Reggie Bush is a damn good football player. I said before the draft that he wouldn't be somebody that you give the ball to 25 carries/game. However, he's a playmaker that is an excellent receiver and dynamic return man. He's good enough to impact games with 15-20 touches--much more than everybody's favorite athletes: Mario Williams, Vince Young, and Vernon Davis.

Partial
09-25-2006, 11:08 PM
Shit, you guys wanna see Bushs effect, watch sportscenter. They have show three decoy plays where two-three defenders swarm him and leave their player open, only to be burned by said open player. Ridiculous. Like Randy Moss the past few years, I don't believe stats tell the entire story.

MJZiggy
09-25-2006, 11:15 PM
That leads to this question: Is he really that good or is he so hyped that everyone is buying into the hype and over protecting him? I'm just curious because I haven't seen him break one because he's been overlooked.

Harlan Huckleby
09-25-2006, 11:28 PM
I think he will be a star. He needs to get a little more decisive.

Mazzin
09-25-2006, 11:35 PM
Sorry to say it to our boy Jennings, (who i love to death, and he is awesome in his own right) but right now as it stands if you were to ask me I think that Conston number 19, or 16 the guy that caught the deep TD over Collins last week :( should get the O RMVP right now! He is a 7th round pick!!!!!! STARTING, and NO ONE can stop him! Let me hear it guys, but he was UNSTOPPABLE tonight, Joe Horn who?

Oh yea I'm sure im going to hear, well they had Hall on Horn all night, but Aaron Beasly isn't just some CRAPPY corner, he is a seasoned vet, and yet he couldn't stop the 7th round ROOKIE! I guess it helps that he is 6'4 and 234 lbs. Either way he gets my vote as of right now!

GBRulz
09-25-2006, 11:38 PM
I think he's going to be an awesome player. But I don't think he's going to be the player that picks up 100 rushing yards weekly. Seems like NO is getting the most out of him with short passes. Which you can't deny, is tearing teams apart and causing headaches for opposing DC's.

HarveyWallbangers
09-25-2006, 11:39 PM
Well, Aaron Beasley IS just some crappy corner. However, Colston would finish higher than Jennings right now. So would a few others. However, Jennings had a forgettable week 1. If his next 13 weeks are closer to the last two weeks than the first week, he'll be in the running.

Mazzin
09-25-2006, 11:46 PM
Harv, I disagree about Beasly, but either way lets just agree to disagree on that one. But just earlier people were saying you have to take into account for Reggie bush even if your stopping him right? well they have to start trying to some Conston, either way Jennings only caught 3 passes, and got a GOOD block from DD...also to lazy to look it up but i dont member how many catches against NO, and he wasn't good against the bears.

HarveyWallbangers
09-26-2006, 12:01 AM
6 for 67 vs. New Orleans

Mazzin
09-26-2006, 12:09 AM
Thanks for looking up the stats, now what was Constons for tonight?

Mazzin
09-26-2006, 12:13 AM
7 catches for 97 yards, now thats GREAT for a 7th friggin round pick!

Mazzin
09-26-2006, 12:20 AM
lets compare seasons.

Colston so far: 3 Games, 15 catches, 2 touchdowns, 204 yards, avg. 13.6 ypc

Jennings so far: 3 Games, 10 catches, 2 touchdowns, 173yards, avg 17.3 ypc.

The Ypc is only better part about him, i mean and that was all because of the big play with the great block from driver....dont get me wrong i LOVE jennings, but Colston, has looked better face it. I mean Jennings has Favre throwing him the ball, and Colston has Brees throwing the ball, and brees is good, but not Favre good.

I mean he is a 7th rounder you have to take that into account

HarveyWallbangers
09-26-2006, 12:26 AM
I mean he is a 7th rounder you have to take that into account

For rookie of the year? Why?

Colston has slightly better stats now. I don't think anybody stated Jennings should be rookie of the year up to this point. We'll see where they stand come January.

Mazzin
09-26-2006, 12:35 AM

DUUUUUUUUUECE!!!!!

This is the post i was originally refering too, and you can see he clearly states that he thinks that jennings should get it

mmmdk
09-26-2006, 05:31 AM
Did you see the Saints reverse play where Reggie Hands the rock to Devery Henderson?; Falcons defense had their eyes glued to Bush and hence a 11-yard TD by Dev. Genius play calling by Coach Payton. Payton is "Parcells" smart guy but more of a players coach than the Tuna. Just wondering, how far did Payton come in talks with TT? Still, McCarthy is ok but I don't like his defensive coach hirings.

mmmdk
09-26-2006, 05:48 AM
By the way, my elder brother attended the MNF Saints trashing of the birds, very emotional game. I got a call from his cell, all I could hear was NOISE from Saints fans - they had just scored on a TD on a blocking punt. I saw the game live too on Danish TV - it was the Morten Andersen comeback game.

Let's beat the birds too...those Eagle ones :cool: