PDA

View Full Version : Wowza....early line for Monday!!

GrnBay007
09-25-2006, 10:31 PM
Offshore early line has Packers +10.5.

I don't think I ever remember the Packers getting 10.5 pts.

MJZiggy
09-25-2006, 10:32 PM
Did McNabb die or something?

Packers4Ever
09-25-2006, 10:37 PM
Offshore early line has Packers +10.5.

I don't think I ever remember the Packers getting 10.5 pts.

Holy smoke, 007, are you kidding me? Maybe
we're starting to get some respect! :mrgreen:

GrnBay007
09-25-2006, 10:38 PM
no, no. The Packers are getting 10.5 pts.

Actually, considering the Packers were getting 6.5 against Detroit, this is understandable. ........just stings u know?

ND72
09-25-2006, 10:40 PM
careful how you read that....in the Oshkosh Northwestern, they report the favorites as negitives....like the packers were -3 this past weekend....it doesn't make sense, but that's how some places report...so the +10.5, might mean they are giving up, 10.5.

GrnBay007
09-25-2006, 10:41 PM
careful how you read that....in the Oshkosh Northwestern, they report the favorites as negitives....like the packers were -3 this past weekend....it doesn't make sense, but that's how some places report...so the +10.5, might mean they are giving up, 10.5.

Well that's just wrong in these parts! :razz: :wink:

Deputy Nutz
09-25-2006, 10:42 PM
The Packers are getting 10.5. That means the Eagles are going to have to beat the Packers by 10.5 to cover the spread. Its like giving strokes in golf. For instance, when I play my dad I give him 8 strokes when we bet. So if I shoot a 89, for my dad to win the bet he has to shoot lower than a 97 to win the money.

GrnBay007
09-25-2006, 10:44 PM
I think the 10.5 is a lil high.

Partial
09-25-2006, 10:50 PM
The Packers are getting 10.5. That means the Eagles are going to have to beat the Packers by 10.5 to cover the spread. Its like giving strokes in golf. For instance, when I play my dad I give him 8 strokes when we bet. So if I shoot a 89, for my dad to win the bet he has to shoot lower than a 97 to win the money.

You can bet with your dad but you can't pay up to me!!! :razz:

mraynrand
09-25-2006, 10:53 PM
This line makes no sense, except that it's based solely on betting. Oddsmakers have to keep the betting equal for each team, so they make money regardless of the outcome. Sounds like a bunch of Packer fans got really excited by the Detroit win and wanted to bet on the Packers. The line went up proabably to keep too many people from betting on the Pack.

Packers4Ever
09-25-2006, 10:59 PM
no, no. The Packers are getting 10.5 pts.

Actually, considering the Packers were getting 6.5 against Detroit, this is understandable. ........just stings u know?

Ahhh, gotcha, yes, it does...

GrnBay007
09-25-2006, 11:03 PM
Sounds like a bunch of Packer fans got really excited by the Detroit win and wanted to bet on the Packers. The line went up proabably to keep too many people from betting on the Pack.

Actually it's the opposite. If they want to keep too many people from betting on the Packers they would be giving the Packers less points, with Philly being the obvious favorite.

We'll see what vegas puts out tomorrow. This was the early one.

woodbuck27
09-26-2006, 12:05 AM
Sounds like a bunch of Packer fans got really excited by the Detroit win and wanted to bet on the Packers. The line went up proabably to keep too many people from betting on the Pack.

Actually it's the opposite. If they want to keep too many people from betting on the Packers they would be giving the Packers less points, with Philly being the obvious favorite.

We'll see what vegas puts out tomorrow. This was the early one.

That's correct.

So if anyone bet Packers and at that +10.5 line.

The person betting on the pack (wins) as long as the Packers stay within 10 points of " the Eagles " but that's a really good bet.

GO PACK GO ! PACKER FAN FAITH !!

mraynrand
09-26-2006, 12:10 AM
I was trying to explain how they might give the Eagles 10 points. I didn't think it was credible, but with Packer fans, you never know. I've heard that the Packer lines are always slanted towards the Packers because Packer fans are more optimistic, if you can believe it.

On paper, it looks like the Packers would get killed by the Eagles on Monday night - the Eagles are scoring like crazy and the Packers secondary looks terrible - coupled with Favre typically playing poorly against Jim Johnson's pressure packages. 10 points is an awful lot though.

GoPack06
09-26-2006, 09:11 AM
Yeah that is wierd the Pack are gonna win by way more than 10.5

KYPack
09-26-2006, 10:48 AM
Getting 10.5 is almost unheard of for a pro game.

00 is right that kind of line is set to draw Packer money.

I don't think Pack fans are heavy bettors.

The early bets must've been heavy play for the Eagles.

MadtownPacker
09-26-2006, 11:02 AM
So where the hell can I call or go to place a bet?

With the current line what does a $100 bet do if the Pack wins?

vince
09-26-2006, 11:13 AM
So where the hell can I call or go to place a bet?

With the current line what does a $100 bet do if the Pack wins?
Usually, you bet $1.10 to win $1. So $100 bet would win you $89.90 or there abouts. A $110 bet will win you $100.

Oh, and you should call your bookie to place a bet... :razz:

MadtownPacker
09-26-2006, 11:35 AM
Well anyone know a place to call? Aint there some Vegas ones that arent illegal? Hook a playa up!!!

(PM me the illegal ones)

Packnut
09-26-2006, 11:40 AM
This line seem's about right. Ya gotta figure Philly is gonna put up 40+ on our D. Reid is a good coach and he'll follow the same pattern that the whole NFL sees. Manuel is brutal in coverage and they will expose him again.
McNabb is playing great ball. Watch for Reid to get Westbrook signaled up against Popp and Manuel.

So this line comes down to how many the Pack can score. Philly's secondary is banged up which is HUGE. Favre should be able to have another 300+ game. I don't believe this Eagle D is as good as those in the past. Our biggest negative on offense is no run game, but with the injuries, I don't think Philly can stay in the nickle all game long. I think we score 30+ sothis line is a toss-up.

Guiness
09-26-2006, 11:43 AM
I was trying to explain how they might give the Eagles 10 points. I didn't think it was credible, but with Packer fans, you never know. I've heard that the Packer lines are always slanted towards the Packers because Packer fans are more optimistic, if you can believe it.

On paper, it looks like the Packers would get killed by the Eagles on Monday night - the Eagles are scoring like crazy and the Packers secondary looks terrible - coupled with Favre typically playing poorly against Jim Johnson's pressure packages. 10 points is an awful lot though.

If the line is indeed slanted towards the Packers, then that means the actual line should be +13 or something.

This is indeed a big line, and unwarranted I think. Philly has beated Houston and SF (ooooh, ahhhh) and lost to a disappointing Giants team. They've shown nothing to make people think they're Contenduhs. I think KY's right, some big money came in early on the Eagles, and the house is trying to draw in some Pack money to counter that.

Terry
09-26-2006, 01:24 PM
I'd make that bet in a New York Minute. That is, if the bookies around here will offer the same sprread. Never mind finding a bookie in County Wexford that will let you bet on the Packers!

I figure Sanders will surprise everyone, put Culver and Taylor on the field, send Schottenheimer out for ice cream or something, and tell the players to call their own plays. :cool:

MJZiggy
09-26-2006, 03:07 PM
You have totally nailed it Terry. The lure of ice cream is unmistakable. It could solve so many problems.

pbmax
09-26-2006, 03:44 PM
I am not sure the lure of Packer People money is the reason lines could be slanted to entice folks to bet Green and Gold.

However, Favre might be name and myth enough to draw a disproportionate amount of money nationally to him.

GrnBay007
09-26-2006, 10:47 PM
Well, now the line is +11 for the Packers so all the early money definitely went on Philly. Will be interesting to see if it changes later in the week.

I was surprised to see the over/under at 48 pts. at most sites. They are definitely not predicting a low scoring game. The Packer/Philly game has the highest points scored prediction. The only game close is the Indy/Jets game at 46 pts.

GrnBay007
09-26-2006, 11:47 PM
Well anyone know a place to call? Aint there some Vegas ones that arent illegal? Hook a playa up!!!

(PM me the illegal ones)

Take a road trip to Vegas this week Mad! We can all send you our money to place our bets. :razz:

Other than a bookie, there are offshore accounts you can set up on the internet. I know some people that have bet this way for years and never had a problem with it. I'm not real familiar with it but I know some FED EX their money to be placed in their account.

GrnBay007
09-29-2006, 09:34 AM
From the Zen Zone:

Green Bay (+11) at Philadelphia

Brett Favre can throw for three touchdowns and no picks against the Detroit Lions. He can't do it against the Philadelphia Eagles.

Eagles 30, Packers 17

Don't bet the farm on that Jeffy!! :razz:

oregonpackfan
09-29-2006, 10:52 AM

The Packers are 0-8 in the last games they have played the Eagles in Philly. They have not beaten the Eagles at their home stadium since '62, Lombardi's 4th season.

OPF

GrnBay007
09-29-2006, 11:25 AM

The Packers are 0-8 in the last games they have played the Eagles in Philly. They have not beaten the Eagles at their home stadium since '62, Lombardi's 4th season.

OPF

Well I sure hope MM doesn't use that as a "pep em up" speech before the game!! :wink:

Hey, maybe the 44th season is the lucky one! :razz:

MJZiggy
09-29-2006, 12:29 PM
Where's Tonya Harding when you need her? :twisted:

ahaha
09-29-2006, 01:11 PM

OPF

The Packers are due.

-The Pack are coming in with a little youthful enthusiasm. They've been getting better and nobody expects them to win.
-The Eagles have sporadically played lights out on offense, but have given up a lot on defense. There could be some serious doubts in the player's and fan's heads about their defense.
-Injuries are piling up on the Eagles defense. Kearse is out for the season, Hood and Sheppard are doubtful, and Dawkins is questionable.

If the offense continues to play well, the Packers have a reasonable chance to win this game. They need to limit mistakes. They can afford to give up yards to McNabb and the Eagle offense, as long as their not for big touchdowns. Stop them for field goals, maybe get a few breaks with some turnovers, and play well on offense.

Fritz
09-29-2006, 01:22 PM
Man, somebody's been pouring jugs of kool aid around here. I don't think there's any way the Pack can stay within thirteen points of Philly. Here's the recipe:

Take one porous Packer defense,

one prolific Philly offense,

and mix. You'll end up with a Packer team getting behind, which means that Favre will begin slinging the ball around everywhere.

So add a couple of Eagle blitzes and therefore some Favre picks to the concoction, and you have a Philly blowout.

I'd give the points and take Philly in this one, people. I do hope I'm wrong, though.

ahaha
09-29-2006, 01:30 PM
Man, somebody's been pouring jugs of kool aid around here. I don't think there's any way the Pack can stay within thirteen points of Philly. Here's the recipe:

and mix. You'll end up with a Packer team getting behind, which means that Favre will begin slinging the ball around everywhere.

So add a couple of Eagle blitzes and therefore some Favre picks to the concoction, and you have a Philly blowout.

I'd give the points and take Philly in this one, people. I do hope I'm wrong, though.

Sometimes perception isn't reality. The Eagles have the #1 offense right now. Is it really that good? Playing the Texans, Giants, and 49ers defenses can really help a team pad the stats.

Harlan Huckleby
09-29-2006, 01:33 PM
It's still early enough in the season that it is hard to tell how good teams are. But I expect the packers will get waxed on Monday night. And I don't mean a bikini wax.

Guiness
09-29-2006, 01:34 PM

OPF

And what does that have to do with the price of tea in China?

The last 8 games are meaningless. The next game is meaningful..

A statement like this reminds me of those betting services that you pay to get tips. They have 'key, inside information' which turns out to be that 'Cincinati hasn't started 4-0 since 1921' like that matters...

Fritz
09-29-2006, 01:43 PM

Sometimes perception isn't reality. The Eagles have the #1 offense right now. Is it really that good? Playing the Texans, Giants, and 49ers defenses can really help a team pad the stats.

So you really think that the quality of competition means the Eagles aren't as good as they look? Does that mean the Packers' eeking out a road win against a previously toothless Lions team is a sign they're even worse than we think?

vince
09-29-2006, 01:44 PM

OPF

This is the kind of stuff that never ceases to amaze me when it comes to prognosticators determining who we should bet on. It seems that logic and common sense escapes these people at times, which is probably why the people holding the bets like them so much...

Just because two statistics correlate doesn't mean that one causes the other... Just because the Chargers are 4 and 0 against the spread vs the Chiefs on weeks after the Chiefs score 39 points doesn't mean that the Chiefs scoring 39 points CAUSES the Chargers to beat the spread the next time they play...

This is the kind of common sense that has created BILLIONS in profits in Vegas.

Playing in Philadelphia does not cause the Packers to lose...Nor does the last 8 times the Packers played the Eagles have ANY relevance whatsoever to this Monday's game. Each one of them was played with different players, at different stages of their careers, with different coaches, different schemes... it's totally a different situation altogether.

The Packers may well lose, but it'll be because the Eagles are a better team right now, not because the game is in Philly or because the Eagles beat the Packers 5 years ago.

vince
09-29-2006, 01:46 PM

OPF

And what does that have to do with the price of tea in China?

The last 8 games are meaningless. The next game is meaningful..

A statement like this reminds me of those betting services that you pay to get tips. They have 'key, inside information' which turns out to be that 'Cincinati hasn't started 4-0 since 1921' like that matters...

Guiness, I see you beat me to the punch...

ahaha
09-29-2006, 02:03 PM

So you really think that the quality of competition means the Eagles aren't as good as they look? Does that mean the Packers' eeking out a road win against a previously toothless Lions team is a sign they're even worse than we think?

Is that so hard to fathom? I wasn't speaking in a definate tone, only in possibilities. Don't you think it's possible the Eagles could be overrated due to their level of competition, especially those defenses?

Guiness
09-29-2006, 03:26 PM
Guiness, I see you beat me to the punch...

S'alright - it's nice to have backup!

The best example of this that I can draw from memory is a 'Hot Hot Insider Tip' for a November Tampa Bay at NYJ game.

They pulled up the stat that TB had a 3-13 record (or something like it) in cold weather in an outdoor stadiums after November 1, since 1990. Of course, this was in 2002, and the TB team from that year didn't play at all like the ones that ran up those awful records...

GrnBay007
09-30-2006, 04:33 PM
OK, I'm taking the Packers +11. My Italian mentor Tony in Vegas agrees with me!! :razz:

IF the Packers lose, it will be by less than 11 points.

I'm still hopeful for a win though!! :cool:

Packers4Ever
09-30-2006, 04:42 PM
I'd make that bet in a New York Minute. That is, if the bookies around here will offer the same sprread. Never mind finding a bookie in County Wexford that will let you bet on the Packers!

I figure Sanders will surprise everyone, put Culver and Taylor on the field, send Schottenheimer out for ice cream or something, and tell the players to call their own plays. :cool:
.................................................. ..........

OH if only that could be ! ! ! :lol:

Bretsky
09-30-2006, 06:31 PM
OK, I'm taking the Packers +11. My Italian mentor Tony in Vegas agrees with me!! :razz:

A BOB says Eagles will cover :mrgreen: :wink:

GrnBay007
09-30-2006, 06:35 PM

A BOB says Eagles will cover :mrgreen: :wink:

LOL B, didn't you learn from last week when I beat you 2-3? You must learn to trust the wise 007 :twisted:

P.S. BOB knows nothing about football and will not be included in any betting wagers!! :cool: