PDA

View Full Version : Gannon to announce Pre-Season Games?

KYPack
04-18-2006, 07:08 PM
Blundered into this on a Vikes Site:

"KSTP was interested in having former Vikings quarterback Rich Gannon serve as its analyst, but he has accepted a similar job on Green Bay Packers preseason telecasts. "

Couldn't they have found somebody with a stronger "Pack connection"?

K-town
04-18-2006, 07:15 PM

"KSTP was interested in having former Vikings quarterback Rich Gannon serve as its analyst, but he has accepted a similar job on Green Bay Packers preseason telecasts. "

I would have preferred a stronger Packer connection also; however, I am thankful I won't have to endure another season of Bill Maas.

oregonpackfan
04-18-2006, 07:22 PM
I viewed one pro game where Gannon was the "color" commentator. He seemed about average in his analysis and comments.

If you are looking for someone with personality, he doesn't have it. He seemed very bland.

Oregonpackfan

KYPack
04-18-2006, 09:05 PM

I would have preferred a stronger Packer connection also; however, I am thankful I won't have to endure another season of Bill Maas.

I, too, would appreciate my football broadcasts be made from a "Maas-free" zone!

HarveyWallbangers
04-18-2006, 09:14 PM
Gannon may suck, but I agree that he can't be any worse than Bill Maas.

KYPack
04-19-2006, 08:21 AM
I simply wouldn't think that we would go with a non-Packer (and former Vike) like Gannon. Isn't Majkowski floating around (and angling for a media gig)?

I'd think somebody like that would be superior to Gannon.

WTF happened to Packer tradition?

MJZiggy
04-19-2006, 08:30 AM
I thought majkowski already had a media gig. He mentions it sometimes when he writes for packers.com.

No Mo Moss
04-19-2006, 12:01 PM
What was Jim McMAhon busy? Rich Gannon WTF.

billy_oliver880
04-19-2006, 12:18 PM
Who are the guys that announce the brewers games for fox sports net...I enjoy them...wish they could announce the packers games.