PDA

View Full Version : Substance Abuse Violations

NoVaDMak
09-26-2006, 11:11 AM
I have a question, when a player is subjected to the league drug tests, do they also test for alcohol or only drugs/steroids? With the recent DUI of Odell Thurman, I was just wondering why teams/players don't consider hiring drivers for specific instances like going out to bars/clubs?

MJZiggy
09-26-2006, 11:18 AM
I think because with these guys, they're not supposed to be drinking at all, so providing them drivers to go to bars would be kinda bad, though for those who aren't already "in the program" I think they should have enough brains and money to hire their own cars to go to the bars. If I had millions of dollars to protect, there's no WAY I would be caught behind the wheel.

Rastak
09-26-2006, 11:20 AM
I have a question, when a player is subjected to the league drug tests, do they also test for alcohol or only drugs/steroids? With the recent DUI of Odell Thurman, I was just wondering why teams/players don't consider hiring drivers for specific instances like going out to bars/clubs?

Because they are morons. I can take a cab and I ain't worth millions.
I'll never understand why these guys don't hire a damn driver for the season. Say you pay the guy $300 to drive you around for one night a week.

That's chump change to these guys. I guess Koren will have someone to talk to now that Thurman has joined the ranks of the soon to be suspended.

KYPack
09-26-2006, 11:27 AM
I think because with these guys, they're not supposed to be drinking at all, so providing them drivers to go to bars would be kinda bad, though for those who aren't already "in the program" I think they should have enough brains and money to hire their own cars to go to the bars. If I had millions of dollars to protect, there's no WAY I would be caught behind the wheel.

Yeah Zig.

That's exactly what Koren Robinson thought.

NO WAY am I gonna be caught behind this wheel!!

MJZiggy
09-26-2006, 11:45 AM
No, KY, by no WAY, I should have been more clear. I meant no WAY am I getting behind the wheel. It's not about the money or trouble even. I have a kid that needs a mom and I would give up alcohol altogether before I put myself in that position. I'd have no problem getting a cab or a room.