PDA

View Full Version : Officiating

Cheesehead Craig
09-26-2006, 12:07 PM
OK, I am only posting this out of annoyance with the stupid Viking fans I have to deal with here in MN (all apologies Rastak, you have proven yourself as close to sane as a willing Viking fan can be :razz: ).

Does anyone here honestly think that the Packers have benefited from biased officiating? I don't mean a missed or phantom call here or there, but honest to goodness bias and blatant favortism.

This is one of the most absurd arguments that I have heard and it is a prevailing truth with Viking fans. All I hear is how the refs missed so many holding calls and how that Carroll should have had PI, blah blah blah...

Just want to know if I am in the minority here or what. Not wanting to start a flame war with Viking fans or looking to start a thread to bash them, they are just the only ones I have contact with in person.

HarveyWallbangers
09-26-2006, 12:10 PM
Quite a few, not all, think the calls always go against them. Not just in football, but all sports. Oh well! Every team gets screwed or helped in some games.

The only sport I see blatant favoritism is the NBA.

MJZiggy
09-26-2006, 12:11 PM
If anything, I've seen calls that should have favored the Pack not get called and we've had a few horrible spots. Third and one? Oh please. :roll:

All teams get a few gifts and get a few stinkers. We are no exception.

ahaha
09-26-2006, 12:15 PM
Carroll has had his share of penalties, and a lot of them have been deserving, but he's also been picked on the last three years because of his reputation. There were a bunch of calls on him last season for ticky-tack things that other veteren cornerbacks get away with regularly, probably because of his "handsy" rep with the refs. Is that favoritism from the refs?