PDA

View Full Version : Wolf's take

b bulldog
04-18-2006, 07:34 PM
Ron Wolf, who keeps in touch with six teams in the NFL said that all six of those teams have Mario #1 on their boards. Obviously the Packers have to be one of them.

b bulldog
04-18-2006, 07:35 PM
Mort agreed and he is climbing up the ladder. :mad:

Partial
04-18-2006, 07:35 PM
Sweet Jesus did he look destructive in those clips. I realize they were highlights but he looks like a slimmer version of Reggie.

Well, I am going to say something i haven't thought in awhile. I would not be dissapointed if Mario fell to us and they picked him. It will nver happen, but I wouldn't be mad if he did.

HarveyWallbangers
04-18-2006, 08:35 PM
Ron Wolf, who keeps in touch with six teams in the NFL said that all six of those teams have Mario #1 on their boards. Obviously the Packers have to be one of them.

I really doubt Ron Wolf would so obviously spill the beans for the Packers and these other teams. This likely means that Mario is not #1 on the Packers draft board.

b bulldog
04-18-2006, 08:45 PM
Disagree 100%, Mort and Wolf are tight and why wouldn't Wolf say that the teams he talked to or stays in touch with ALL THINK MARIO IS #1. What does Wolf have to gain or lose, absolutely nothing. You can disagree with many who view Mario as 1 or 1a but why say they are full of bs.

b bulldog
04-18-2006, 08:47 PM
oNE MORE THING, SOME OR MANY WOULD SAY HE ISN'T SAYING ANYTHING NEW IN REGARDS TO Mario. 6'7" freak DE's aren't very common and look at it this way, if Mario blows out his knee he could still have above average speed for a DE while if Bush blows his out, Gale Sayers!

HarveyWallbangers
04-18-2006, 08:55 PM
Blah, blah, blah!

Ron Wolf might say that he gets the feeling that Mario is #1 or that some teams think he's #1, but I want to see the quote where he says that all 6 teams that he stays in contract with have Mario rated #1. Don't you think his friend, Ted Thompson, would be pretty pissed about that??

b bulldog
04-18-2006, 08:59 PM
Man it must really suck to babble on how Hawk is so great only to have many people say that Mario is the one difference maker in the draft and is viewed by some as the best. I know Harv, you know better than the guys that do this for a living.

HarveyWallbangers
04-18-2006, 09:02 PM
I've stated I'd take Williams over Hawk. That's called being objective. At least, I don't sound like a crow repeating myself over and over. Caw! Caw!

b bulldog
04-18-2006, 09:05 PM
When I make my mind up I stick with it, caw,caw,caw!!

HarveyWallbangers
04-18-2006, 09:13 PM
When I make my mind up I stick with it, caw,caw,caw!!

Do you have any other takes besides Mario is sweet, Vince Young will go #1, Hawk will suck, Brady is God, and Favre is an overrated piece of shit?

b bulldog
04-18-2006, 09:20 PM
Actually Young could still go 1 even though it is still a longshot. I have a question for you, do you still think that Young can't manage a game as you stated when it looked as though SC was going to win. Just wondering. never said Hawk was garbage just not worth being taken at 5 and the Brady comment is true lol.

HarveyWallbangers
04-18-2006, 09:36 PM
Actually Young could still go 1 even though it is still a longshot. I have a question for you, do you still think that Young can't manage a game as you stated when it looked as though SC was going to win. Just wondering. never said Hawk was garbage just not worth being taken at 5 and the Brady comment is true lol.

You have me mixed up with other Young bashers. My whole thing with Young is that we don't know if he has an NFL arm because he seldom had to make NFL type throws in college. I said that if NFL evaluators pick him apart and deem that he does, then so be it. I still think there's questions about his ability to pick up a pro offense. We've seen plenty of guys struggle going from a run and gun offense in college to an NFL offense (Klingler, Ware, Couch, etc.)

Funny! Didn't you say that anybody who didn't think Young should be the #1 pick was a racist or something like that?

Partial
04-18-2006, 09:50 PM
Vince Young is such a temptation but who really knows with him. He's a big ass question mark.

b bulldog
04-18-2006, 09:51 PM
Yes and that was uncalled for! Whoever I said it too deserves an apology.

HarveyWallbangers
04-18-2006, 09:57 PM
Yes and that was uncalled for! Whoever I said it too deserves an apology.

That was me. Maybe that's why I'm bitter.
:D

HarveyWallbangers
04-18-2006, 09:59 PM
Who's overrated? Anybody think Chad Jackson? You watch highlight videos, and he doesn't do anything spectaculer. He's supposed to be a great athlete, but then you see he had 88 catches for just 900 yards last year.

b bulldog
04-18-2006, 10:02 PM
Sorry

Bretsky
04-18-2006, 10:03 PM
Who's overrated? Anybody think Chad Jackson? You watch highlight videos, and he doesn't do anything spectaculer. He's supposed to be a great athlete, but then you see he had 88 catches for just 900 yards last year.

I also think Santonio Holmes is overrated. This is NOT the year of the WR

HarveyWallbangers
04-18-2006, 10:04 PM

I also think Santonio Holmes is overrated. This is NOT the year of the WR

Horrendous year for wideouts (in the draft and FA).

b bulldog
04-18-2006, 10:11 PM
Kiwi, all first round WR's, Maroney, Avant, Ngata, and Cutler. My most underrated is Cromartie,Huff and Ferguson.

HarveyWallbangers
04-18-2006, 10:16 PM
Kiwi, all first round WR's, Maroney, Avant, Ngata, and Cutler. My most underrated is Cromartie,Huff and Ferguson.

Agree on Kiwi, all wideouts, Avant, Ngata
Disagree on Maroney.

I like Huff, but I think he's rated where he belongs.
Hard to think Ferguson is underrated since he's projected in the top 5.

Agree on Cutler as a top 5 player. He has 1st round talent though.

I like Cromartie a lot. Top 10 talent, but almost feel he's getting overrated now. It's hard to think a team would take him too high--considering the injury and the fact he only started 7 games in college.

CyclonePackFan
04-18-2006, 10:23 PM

I think Laurence Maroney is the most overrated player in the draft this year. Minnesota had two RB's NOT named Maroney (Amir Pinnix (11/14) and Gary Russell (11/7)) win Big 10 Offensive Player of the Week this year. When two sophomore RB's win POW, it says to me that Minnesota has one HELL of an offensive line. I think he's a selection for late in the first day, not in the first round as some would have him.

b bulldog
04-18-2006, 10:31 PM
Big ten backs don't excite me.

HarveyWallbangers
04-18-2006, 10:38 PM

I think Laurence Maroney is the most overrated player in the draft this year. Minnesota had two RB's NOT named Maroney (Amir Pinnix (11/14) and Gary Russell (11/7)) win Big 10 Offensive Player of the Week this year. When two sophomore RB's win POW, it says to me that Minnesota has one HELL of an offensive line. I think he's a selection for late in the first day, not in the first round as some would have him.

On the flip side is Marion Barber. Looks like he has a good future with Dallas, and Maroney is better. I like Maroney a lot. I don't normally like the Gophers RBs, but Maroney reminds me a bit of Edge James.

No Mo Moss
04-19-2006, 12:10 AM
I think Huff is the most under-rated player in the top ten. That guy is a freak and I would be very happy with him.

Partial
04-19-2006, 12:11 AM
On the flip side is Marion Barber. Looks like he has a good future with Dallas, and Maroney is better. I like Maroney a lot. I don't normally like the Gophers RBs, but Maroney reminds me a bit of Edge James.

:lol: me too, I think its the hair

Partial
04-19-2006, 12:13 AM
Big ten backs don't excite me.

what?!? We've got some of the toughest teams in the nation!! The big ten is where its at for smashmouth football!

CyclonePackFan
04-19-2006, 12:27 AM

Good point on Barber, but he was also a 4th round pick. That's a little closer to where I think Maroney belongs, late 2nd-mid 3rd round.

HarveyWallbangers
04-19-2006, 07:30 AM
Good point on Barber, but he was also a 4th round pick. That's a little closer to where I think Maroney belongs, late 2nd-mid 3rd round.

Barber was a 4th round pick, but if the draft was redone now, he'd go a lot higher. In fact, who would you rather have now, Barber or Cedric Benson?

HarveyWallbangers
04-19-2006, 07:42 AM
What if Hawk and Williams are both gone? If the Saints trade out of #2 to #4, Williams could be gone at #2 and Hawk could be gone at #4. I still won't be surprised if we draft Ferguson, Young, Davis, or Huff.

Saints eyeing Hawk
<Apr. 18> There hasn't been a linebacker chosen in the top 10 of any draft since 2000, when the Washington Redskins selected LaVar Arrington with the second overall pick. But many scouts believe that Hawk is the top defensive player at any position in this year's pool, and will make an immediate impact.

For all the talk about the Saints and Mario Williams of North Carolina State, the defensive player New Orleans most covets is Hawk, ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports. The Saints already have a pair of first-round ends in Charles Grant (2002) and Will Smith (2004), and have been trying for years to shore up a shabby linebacking corps.

New coordinator Gary Gibbs is going to completely rebuild the linebacking corps and Hawk would be a terrific centerpiece. The Saints would prefer to move out of their current No. 2 slot, go back a few places, and take Hawk.

Harlan Huckleby
04-19-2006, 08:30 AM
Horrendous year for wideouts (in the draft and FA).

yes, JWalk has certainly effectively stuck it to the Packers.

b bulldog
04-19-2006, 10:02 PM
Peyton supposedly really likes Young for what it is worth. I read it somewhere amongst all the predraft data.