PDA

View Full Version : Leinart Likely to Start Next Week

Partial
09-26-2006, 02:30 PM
Figured i'd pass the word along. Right after I added him to my fantasy roster :D

KYPack
09-26-2006, 02:53 PM
D Green & the Phoenix "brain trust" beat a hasty retreat.

The wily QB Kurt Warner will get at least one more start.

Man, we are still sooo fortunate that 4 gets mail in Green Bay Wisconsin. Speakin of that, how'd ya like to be Tampa? They are lookin' at Shaun King to START.

Partial
09-26-2006, 03:50 PM
Evidentally the decision was reversed now. Nevermind. Damn, I regret picking up leinart!

BallHawk
09-26-2006, 04:02 PM
Evidentally the decision was reversed now. Nevermind. Damn, I regret picking up leinart!

Who'd you drop to get him?

wist43
09-26-2006, 04:25 PM
Don't feel bad, I have Warner on both my fantasy teams...

My original plan had Warner as my backup in both leagues, but there was a run on QB's that I didn't anticipate, so I'm stuck with him as my starter in both.

Trying to trade away some depth to pick up a legit starter.

ahaha
09-26-2006, 04:27 PM

Is this true? I haven't heard that, please elaborate.

ahaha
09-26-2006, 04:30 PM
Nevermind, I found it. Damnit!

Warner to remain starting quarterback

NFL.com wire reports

TEMPE, Ariz. (Sept. 26, 2006) -- Kurt Warner will remain the starting quarterback for the Arizona Cardinals, coach Dennis Green said.

Green's comment came in a statement released by the team following an ESPN report that Green decided that rookie Matt Leinart would replace Warner as starter for Arizona's game at Atlanta.

"Generally talking about the starting lineup is not something we do," Green said. "However, given the speculation that was out there we want to make it clear. We're disappointed after last week, but we still expect to be a playoff football team and we fully expect Kurt Warner to be the quarterback that leads us. That has not changed."

Warner threw three interceptions, two of them with Arizona inside the opponent's 14-yard line, and fumbled a snap at the St. Louis 18 with 1:46 to go in the Cardinals' 16-14 home loss to the Rams.

At his regular Monday news conference, Green declined to confirm Warner would remain as a starter.