PDA

View Full Version : Roster Moves

Pack0514
09-26-2006, 03:24 PM
Packers | White cut
Tue, 26 Sep 2006 13:16:03 -0700

The Green Bay Packers have released LB Tracy White.

Packers | Miree promoted
Tue, 26 Sep 2006 12:46:21 -0700

The Green Bay Packers have promoted FB Brandon Miree from the practice squad to the active roster.

Zool
09-26-2006, 03:25 PM
Thus ends the TE/FB experiment?

pittstang5
09-26-2006, 03:34 PM
Great for Miree! Fellow Pitt Alumni!

But.......Again, we Packer fans hear all kinds of hype, especially last year about this Center named White and now he gets cut. What's the deal?!?!

Who's gonna back up Wells - Spitz?

Pack0514
09-26-2006, 03:37 PM
LB Tracy White was cut...... not C Chris White

pittstang5
09-26-2006, 03:43 PM
LB Tracy White was cut...... not C Chris White

LOL - OH MY!

Sorry folks, it's been a long day!

ahaha
09-26-2006, 04:11 PM
Salutations to William Henderson. He had a great career but only once got the pro-bowl credit he deserved. He'll be in the Packer Hall of Fame someday.

gbpackfan
09-26-2006, 04:22 PM
I can tell you why this happened.

1. Jason Hunter was activated on Sunday and did a real nice job on special teams.

2. David Martin did not block all that well on Sunday.

3. Tracy White did not have a whole lot of value at LB.

I like this move. It seems to make sense.

ahaha
09-26-2006, 04:24 PM

1. Jason Hunter was activated on Sunday and did a real nice job on special teams.

And the decline of William Henderson.

Lurker64
09-26-2006, 05:36 PM
Am I the only person whose initial thought was "who the hell is Tracy White?"

Seriously, I don't recall hearing anything about this guy in the preseason.

Also, does this mean that TT opens up a spot on the practice squad where he can sign another player?

gbpackfan
09-26-2006, 05:46 PM
Yes, TT can bring in one more player for the PS.

Bretsky
09-26-2006, 08:16 PM
Am I the only person whose initial thought was "who the hell is Tracy White?"

Seriously, I don't recall hearing anything about this guy in the preseason.

Also, does this mean that TT opens up a spot on the practice squad where he can sign another player?

White's had a solid preseason as a LB and looked very good on special teams as well. I thought he earned a roster spot and this cut surprised me a bit. Upside is not high thought so I guess replacing him with a youngyan shouldn't surprise us at all.

B

Lurker64
09-26-2006, 09:27 PM
White's had a solid preseason as a LB and looked very good on special teams as well. I thought he earned a roster spot and this cut surprised me a bit. Upside is not high thought so I guess replacing him with a youngyan shouldn't surprise us at all.

I think that with the youth movement we have right now at linebacker, you don't stand to build longterm depth by hanging onto players with less experience than your starters, because honestly there's a paucity of players in the NFL with less experience than a goodly portion of our LB depth chart as is.

If he doesn't look to outpace Hawk, Hodge, or Poppinga he's probably better off trying to get a job on another team at this point.

Pack0514
09-27-2006, 08:07 AM
Yes, TT can bring in one more player for the PS.

Hey, we could always Cory Rodgers back, HA

From KFFL.com

49ers | Rodgers waived from team
Tue, 26 Sep 2006 18:46:00 -0700

The Associated Press reports San Francisco 49ers WR Cory Rodgers has been waived from the team's practice squad.

SkinBasket
09-27-2006, 08:15 AM
If he doesn't look to outpace Hawk, Hodge, or Poppinga he's probably better off trying to get a job on another team at this point.

If you cut off my left testicle and it slowly rolled across the floor, it would be outpacing Poppinga.

Tracy White was one of those guys in preseason that was everywhere making tackles and stretching plays. He never got a chance to play against no 1s though, so maybe he was just the best of the losers.

Iron Mike
09-27-2006, 08:20 AM

<==still waiting for Martin to get cut. :mad:

SkinBasket
09-27-2006, 08:23 AM
<==still waiting for Martin to get cut. :mad:

Not going to happen. That guy's got MAD potential!

What is he now, like 38 years old?