PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Recall Favre Celebrating A 1st Down? TMQ Takes Shot

pbmax
09-26-2006, 04:50 PM
I don't remember this at all, anybody else?

Favre Moratorium Call Renewed:
It's good that the storied Green Bay Packers have a W. But midway through their game this Sunday, after completing a routine pass for a first down, Brett Favre jumped into the air and began pumping his fists as if he'd just won the Super Bowl. A year ago, Tuesday Morning Quarterback proposed a moratorium on press coverage of Favre, who's a first-ballot Hall of Famer but at this point ridiculously over-emphasized by the sports media. Any other player who jumped into the air and celebrated wildly after a routine completion would be mocked. The standards that apply to everyone else should also apply to Favre.

HarveyWallbangers
09-26-2006, 04:52 PM
Below the belt.

I remember him celebrating Koren Robinson's catch. That's the only non-TD I remember him celebrating. That was a big play though. It went for 24 yards on 3rd and 7, and it took a great throw and catch to complete.

mission
09-26-2006, 05:00 PM
i dont understand the whole "standards should apply to everyone else" comment ... ???

why? what?

media standards? fan standards? that's not even possible! that would change journalism entirely. george bush is under more of a microscope than the govenor of wisconsin.

players shouldnt get any free passes? we shouldnt scrutinize overpaid rookies who havent accomplished anything yet? should pro bowl vets be mandated to attend the voluntary camps that players trying to get noticed have to go to?

get real... but i guess im preaching to the choir here innit. :mrgreen: :crazy:

BallHawk
09-26-2006, 05:01 PM
So now that the media can't make shots about him not being able to play anymore, they're bashing him on enjoying the game and showing some emotion?

LAME

retailguy
09-26-2006, 05:51 PM
LAME

So..... Tell us Ballhawk, How do you really feel? :smile:

Packnut
09-26-2006, 07:22 PM
I e-mailed a scathing response to TMQ's criticism of Favre and this is the e-mail I just received:

Ye gods! Thanks for writing to TMQ.

While I don't usually reply, I do read all messages.

May the football gods smile upon you.

Best, Gregg

-------------------_
__________________________________________________ _______
DO YOU YAHOO!?
Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com

GBRulz
09-26-2006, 08:14 PM
Did you thank him for the canned response? :roll:

MadtownPacker
09-26-2006, 08:19 PM
Favre having fun is what is gonna keep him playing like he did on Sunday. He can levitate off the ground if thats what its gonna take.

BTW - Someone tell these clowns that Favre takes his helmet off and runs around the whole field when he makes big throws in SuperBowls.

Next they will say he should get a celebration penalty? :crazy:

BallHawk
09-26-2006, 08:23 PM
If anybody overcelebrates on the team it's Nick Barnett. I mean, celebrating a tackle is ok, but when your down by 20 and the game is basically over, don't go all Samurai on everybody's ass.

BallHawk
09-26-2006, 08:24 PM
However, Nick Barnett is the most underrated player on this defense. Watch what happens if he leaves, our LB core will suffer.

GBRulz
09-26-2006, 08:37 PM
Actually Ballhawk, I think A. Carroll is the one that over celebrates the most. And for what reasons, well, I'm still trying to figure that one out!

cpk1994
09-26-2006, 08:46 PM
Favre having fun is what is gonna keep him playing like he did on Sunday. He can levitate off the ground if thats what its gonna take.

BTW - Someone tell these clowns that Favre takes his helmet off and runs around the whole field when he makes big throws in SuperBowls.

Next they will say he should get a celebration penalty? :crazy:

Aactually, if he did that now he would recieve a 15 yard penalty for removing his helmet

pbmax
09-26-2006, 08:54 PM
i dont understand the whole "standards should apply to everyone else" comment ... ???

why? what?

media standards? fan standards? that's not even possible! that would change journalism entirely. george bush is under more of a microscope than the govenor of wisconsin.

players shouldnt get any free passes? we shouldnt scrutinize overpaid rookies who havent accomplished anything yet? should pro bowl vets be mandated to attend the voluntary camps that players trying to get noticed have to go to?

get real... but i guess im preaching to the choir here innit. :mrgreen: :crazy:
My guess is that he is referring to media types crawling all over players for behaving boorishly after a simple accomplishment. For instance, Roy Williams the week before doing the first down gesture while his team was well behind.

I didn't see Favre do this, odd, because if Harvey is right, I remember the catch by KRob.

And my guess is that Favre was happy for the first, but also happy that Robinson got his first action.

Easterbrook probably caught this on the highlights, so it may not have been clear he might be celebrating a new teammate. Its also clear that the media have now all received the memo that the media pay too much attention to Brett.

So in response, of course, they will now spill the same amount of ink on their collective displeasure.

BallHawk
09-26-2006, 09:08 PM
Actually Ballhawk, I think A. Carroll is the one that over celebrates the most. And for what reasons, well, I'm still trying to figure that one out!

When does Ahmad Carroll have anything to celebrate? On the field, most of the time he's either hanging his head low after blowing a coverage, or whining to the referee about a holding call. He really never has anything to celebrate.

Hell, the happiest I've ever seen Ahmad was in his mugshot. He's the happiest I've ever seen somebody in a mugshot!

BallHawk
09-26-2006, 09:09 PM
Actually, I don't know. Tom looks pretty impressed with himself. :razz:
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/graphics/art3/1020051delay1.jpg

BallHawk
09-26-2006, 09:18 PM
No, the happiest is defintely this man.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/graphics/packageart/mugshots/deionmugshot1.jpg

Joemailman
09-26-2006, 11:46 PM
The scariest:

http://www.happinessonline.org/MoralCode/images/nicknolte4.jpg

Bossman641
09-26-2006, 11:55 PM
Watching the game I did notice that Favre seemed to be jumping around and celebrating more than usual. Why could that be though? Possibly because the team was actually playing well and he played amazing.

Who cares how much Favre runs around on the field? Good for him. After all the BS he has taken over the past 2 weeks he deserves to have some fun on the field. I'd take a grinning, running, jumping into linemen's arms Favre over the glazed-eye, battered, unhappy Favre any day.

GrnBay007
09-27-2006, 12:01 AM
I agree!
Except it's been all the BS he's taken the last year + moreso than 2 weeks.

Joemailman
09-27-2006, 12:15 AM
I think he was just excited that the guys were actually catching the ball. :mrgreen:

Pacopete4
09-27-2006, 01:36 AM
i dont understand.. a guy makes a huge hit, celebrates.. big catch for a 1st, celebrates.. running back same thing.. celebrates

brett favre makes a money pass on a crucial 3rd and 7 and an even better catch, celebrates.. haha, the media is reaching and its hilarious.. by week 10 it'l be back to everyone kissing his ass because somehow he's got our team in contention and hes all of a sudden putting up better numbers than both mannings and hes 37 yrs old.. it'l be the best time of my life to hear the media and my viking fans reach for stuff to rip on him for, like his pain killer popping days

woodbuck27
09-27-2006, 01:41 AM
I e-mailed a scathing response to TMQ's criticism of Favre and this is the e-mail I just received:

Ye gods! Thanks for writing to TMQ.

While I don't usually reply, I do read all messages.

May the football gods smile upon you.

Best, Gregg

-------------------_
__________________________________________________ _______
DO YOU YAHOO!?
Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com

"May the football gods smile upon you." ...some Dufus named Greg

football gods... uhhh No CAP 'G' and plural god (s) denote a man that's well.."A Dufus".

Don't file that under PACKERRAT .... Archives. :mrgreen:

Pacopete4
09-27-2006, 02:00 AM
i wrote him a "nice" lil email as well..

pbmax
09-27-2006, 09:56 AM
C'mon everybody, be kind in those emails, even in the face of slight hostility.

The guy writes 6,000 word essays weekly, can't be all glowing or people would stop reading.

Context would be nice, but we can't have everything.

mraynrand
09-27-2006, 11:07 AM
What's really surprising is how much celebrating goes on OFF CAMERA. After Favre runs like crazy following a TD pass, they have this little set-up behind the Packer bench where they load Favre into a mini-convertible and drive him though a cardboard avenue with ticker tape streaming from the false front buildings. The convertible pulls up to a dias, upon which sits Favres throne, robe, scepter and orb. There he sits until the other team scores or punts. Several virgins attend him. I wonder why that never gets any press.

MasonCrosby
09-27-2006, 11:21 AM
What's really surprising is how much celebrating goes on OFF CAMERA. After Favre runs like crazy following a TD pass, they have this little set-up behind the Packer bench where they load Favre into a mini-convertible and drive him though a cardboard avenue with ticker tape streaming from the false front buildings. The convertible pulls up to a dias, upon which sits Favres throne, robe, scepter and orb. There he sits until the other team scores or punts. Several virgins attend him. I wonder why that never gets any press.

you left out the fact that they hand him goblets of wine and turkey legs, then wet naps when he has to clean his hands off and go back in the game...