PDA

View Full Version : Pasquarelli's Game Ball for Favre

SkinBasket
09-27-2006, 08:33 AM
If you had bet us at the outset of the season that Brett Favre would appear even once in this space in 2006, we might have stolen the mortgage check out of the family out-box near the front door, and taken the wager. And, of course, we would have lost and probably faced imminent divorce.

In the twilight of his Hall of Fame career, and under duress even from some loyalists, the Green Bay star completed 25 of 36 passes for 340 yards, three touchdowns and no interceptions in Sunday's 31-24 victory over the Detroit Lions. His first touchdown pass, a 75-yarder to rookie wide receiver Greg Jennings, allowed Favre to join Dan Marino as the only quarterbacks in league history to notch 400 touchdown passes. Then he added two more to lift his total to 402. And, as usual, the three-time most valuable player put the accomplishment in perspective. "We needed a win," noted Favre, "a lot more than I needed 400 touchdown passes." Truth be told, there may not be many more wins for the Packers in 2006, or many more touchdown heaves for Favre this season. But for one day, one of history's greatest performers turned back a ticking clock.

Favre spread the ball around, completing passes to 10 different receivers. And his 127.1 passer rating was Favre's best since last Oct. 9, and represented only his third efficiency rating of 100.0 or more in his past 25 outings.

----------------------

Ahhhh. Turth be told. Such insight and candid honesty. WTF does Favre have to do to convince people he can still throw touchdown passes? Christ, it's not like he throws the ball like Mike Vick.

I love how he mentions Favre's take on wins over stats, then rattles on about passer ratings being an indicator of why Favre has one foot in the grave.

PackerBlues
09-27-2006, 08:48 AM
Way to funny,
When I got home Sunday morning, I did not even want to watch any Pre-game shows. It wasn't that my hangover was that bad, .......it was simply that I did not want to listen to the same garbage about how maybe Favre should have retired, or maybe he should be traded, or whatever.
So, the game starts, and at first, you can tell that its gonna be the same crap from the 'talking-heads' calling the game.......but as the game progresses.......they once again start talking about Favre like he is the Favre of old. Talk about two-faced.

I have a feeling that the worst part of this season may be having to listen to and watch announcers and broadcasters continually change their "tunes" on Favre from one moment to the next, more than anything else.

MJZiggy
09-27-2006, 08:49 AM
That may just be the most backhanded compliment I've ever seen. Bet against him, Lee. Go ahead.

mmmdk
09-27-2006, 09:00 AM
Ahhhh. Turth be told. Such insight and candid honesty. WTF does Favre have to do to convince people he can still throw touchdown passes? Christ, it's not like he throws the ball like Mike Vick.

LOL, even Saints crushed Vick'ster

Deputy Nutz
09-27-2006, 09:00 AM
Just another guy from the national media that looks at the box score and runs his mouth.

retailguy
09-27-2006, 09:01 AM
That may just be the most backhanded compliment I've ever seen. Bet against him, Lee. Go ahead.

Who is Lee? Do you mean Len perhaps?

MJZiggy
09-27-2006, 09:15 AM
Yes, my bad. Len.

pbmax
09-27-2006, 09:49 AM
Yes, this is further proof that ALL media folks have now gotten the memo to talk about Favre in the past tense.

This was after the memo to talk about nothing except how Favre gets a free pass in the media.

And this was after the third MVP memo, where it was made clear he could do no wrong.

But I would like to see him do it against a secondary not as banged up as the Lions was. Say on Monday, against the Eagles?

Patler
09-27-2006, 10:03 AM
Perhaps I missed something, but:

Isn't this the SECOND week in a row that Favre has thrown 3 TD passes?
Isn't this the SECOND week in a row that Favre has thrown for 340 yards?
Isn't this the SECOND week in a row that Favre would have had a 100+ rating if not for an unconscienable number of drops against New Orleans?

Yup, the guy can't pass anymore!

Zool
09-27-2006, 10:12 AM
He's washed up. Culpepper, now there's a QB.

Joemailman
09-27-2006, 11:11 AM
Favre is 1st in the league in pass attempts, 1st in completions, 4th in passing yards and 3rd in TD passes. His QB rating is only 15th due to a low completion percentage, stemming from the the Bears game and drops against New Orleans. As the offense continues to improve, the completion percentage should go up. I would expect Favre to finish in the top ten in QB rating this year if injuries do nor decimate the offense as happened last year.

BF4MVP
09-27-2006, 11:36 AM
Favre's been outstanding the last two games. Hopefully he can keep it up! I don't really care what the national media thinks, as long as Favre keeps playin well and the Packers win games. The national media will never admit they were wrong, even if Favre has a Pro Bowl season and the Packers sneak into the playoffs. So, it doesn't even matter.

mmmdk
09-27-2006, 11:37 AM
Favre is on pace for 640 attempts, 379 completions and 4533 yards - all career highs. I think McCarthy is "waiting" for the ZBS to come around...eventually...until then Favre will get max protection and air it out.

woodbuck27
09-27-2006, 11:48 AM

Can't play QB without the wheels. :idea:

woodbuck27
09-27-2006, 11:58 AM
Favre is on pace for 640 attempts, 379 completions and 4533 yards - all career highs. I think McCarthy is "waiting" for the ZBS to come around...eventually...until then Favre will get max protection and air it out.

Yea..now factor in the fact he only was called upon for a paltry 5 pass's in week 1 Vs. "da Bears"...Those Passing #'s are basically manufactured in 2 1/2 games.

Then factor in "the fact", he's just warming up and that he has his head in sync with M3 and well. . .JAYSUS, MARY and JOSEPH...

It's downright scary the numbers he could put up this season.

and.....

What if a #3 WR develops?

and....

What if we do establish a running game and that returns " the play action pass " as a weapon?

HOLY MACKERAL... ANDY... One can ONLY IMAGINE !!

STAY TUNED ....TO THE BRETT FAVRE SHOW !!!

GO PACKERS ! FAN FAITH in 2006 !!

mmmdk
09-27-2006, 12:12 PM
You're right, woodbuck27! What if we do establish a running game and that returns " the play action pass " as a weapon?

If the ZBS kicks in then we're in for a treat. It's a big "if" though and I'm not about to get all "rosey" on it. But sweet maker, it could be 2003 all over again - at least for part of the season. No, not 4th & 26, not that :lol:

Zool
09-27-2006, 12:33 PM

Can't play QB without the wheels. :idea:Hard to play without a brain too, but he's still trying.

Deputy Nutz
09-27-2006, 12:57 PM

Can't play QB without the wheels. :idea:

This could be Woody's shortest post ever