View Full Version : Favre Player of the Week

MJZiggy
09-27-2006, 04:56 PM
From KFFL

Packers Qb Favre Wins 10th NFL Player Of Week Award

Print this article | Email this article

September 27, 2006

By SportsTicker

NEW YORK (Ticker) - Three-time MVP Brett Favre earned his 10th NFC Offensive Player of the Week award, the NFL announced on Wednesday.

The Green Bay Packers icon became the second player in NFL history to reach 400 touchdown passes in last Sunday's 31-24 win at Detroit. Second on the all-time list in passing yards and touchdowns behind Dan Marino, Favre threw the 400th touchdown pass of his career and two more scores.

On the day, Favre completed 25-of-36 passes for 340 yards. His 400th touchdown pass was a short pass to rookie Greg Jennings, who turned it into a 75-yard score.

Linebacker Scott Fujita of the New Orleans Saints won NFC Defensive Player of the Week honors.

On the night when the Saints returned to the Louisiana Superdome for the first time in more than a year due to the damage caused by Hurricane Katrina, Fujita recorded eight tackles, a sack and a forced fumble in a 23-3 win over Atlanta.
KFFL's Home Run Package

Wide receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh of the Cincinnati Bengals and safety Kerry Rhodes of the New York Jets were named as the AFC Offensive and Defensive Players of the Week, respectively.

Houshmandzadeh, who missed the first two games of the season with a heel injury, caught nine passes for 94 yards and two touchdowns in the Bengals' 28-20 win at Pittsburgh last Sunday. It was his first Player of the Week honor.

Rhodes, a second-year player from Louisville, captured the defensive award for the first time. He had 10 tackles, two sacks and forced a fumble in the Jets' 28-20 win at Buffalo last Sunday.

Kicker John Kasay of the Carolina Panthers and returner Terrence Wilkins of the Indianapolis Colts won NFC and AFC Special Teams honors, respectively.

Kasay became the first kicker in NFL history to convert four field goals from 46 yards and beyond in the same game. His 46-yarder with two seconds left in the fourth quarter lifted Carolina to a 26-24 win over Tampa Bay. Kasay also made kicks from 51, 50 and 49 yards.

Wilkins returned a punt 82 yards for a touchdown in the Colts' 21-14 victory over Jacksonville on Sunday.

ahaha
09-27-2006, 04:59 PM
He wasn't the only Packer garnering attention for player of the week.

Other nominees for NFC Defensive Player of Week 3 were:
-Green Bay safety NICK COLLINS, who made seven tackles and broke up three passes, including the final play of the game in the Packers' end zone.

CaptainKickass
09-27-2006, 05:01 PM
Yep - Favre sure looks washed up, old, and has lost a step alright.

:crazy:

woodbuck27
09-27-2006, 07:35 PM
http://i.packers.com/pg/2006-09-24/photo15.jpg

What ya...gonna do...boy...Whatcha...gonna do?

:mrgreen: X 10

KYPack
09-27-2006, 07:37 PM
What ya... gonna do... boy....Whatcha... gonna do ??

Goin' for 4000 posts, Buck?

woodbuck27
09-27-2006, 07:52 PM
What ya... gonna do... boy....Whatcha... gonna do ??

Goin' for 4000 posts, Buck?

Records nawwww.... it's all about " the wins ".

GBRulz
09-27-2006, 08:09 PM
hmm, I wonder what Woody's cooking up for #4000.

I told him last night that he would hit 4000 today.... I think he was 50 away at the time!

Packnut
09-27-2006, 08:14 PM
Hey, someone e-mail that idiot Z with this article. I wonder if that guy has the balls to man up and admit he was wrong? I doubt it.............

GBRulz
09-27-2006, 08:18 PM
We were talking about that last night! I think ballhawk emailed him and got some canned response. Maybe it wasn't Dr. Z though.. but it was one of those writers who he thought deserved a big plate of crow.

edit: Sorry, it was packnut who sent the email to the Tuesday Morning QB

MJZiggy
09-27-2006, 08:19 PM
You know very well if you send him that article now, he'll only say that Favre got lucky against a very bad Lions defense (even though they held the Seahawks to 9) and that it doesn't prove anything. I will personally send it to him by FedEx overnight when Favre earns Pro Bowl (again) at the end of the year.

GBRulz
09-27-2006, 08:34 PM
You know very well if you send him that article now, he'll only say that Favre got lucky against a very bad Lions defense (even though they held the Seahawks to 9) and that it doesn't prove anything. I will personally send it to him by FedEx overnight when Favre earns Pro Bowl (again) at the end of the year.

Can you include a dead crow on a plate as well? heck, even provide him with the utensils...plastic ones though as he's not worthy of anything more :twisted:

http://www.kojinshugi.com/wp-content/crow.jpg

MJZiggy
09-27-2006, 08:37 PM
I don't know. Can you get arrested for sending someone a dead crow?

BF4MVP
09-27-2006, 08:43 PM
Congratulations Brett! You deserve it, man! I'm hopin for several more games like the one he had Sunday..

A ninth Pro Bowl for Brett? Perhaps.

GBRulz
09-27-2006, 08:43 PM
not when they don't know who sent it to them :wink:

MJZiggy
09-27-2006, 08:47 PM
Ok, how 'bout you send him the dead crow and I'll send him a copy of all of his articles saying Favre is done with a lengthy explanation of why he should be looking in the mirror for the next retiree. I wanna sign my name to it.

HarveyWallbangers
09-27-2006, 09:17 PM
Congrats to the Old War Horse!

GBRulz
09-27-2006, 10:27 PM
I can put a return address of "officialbrettfavre.com" on the package!

RashanGary
09-28-2006, 12:16 AM
I need a toothpick. I've got some crow in my teeth..

Favre has done more than I thought he'd be able to do. Jennings/Driver are a respectable combo, Green and the TE's improved their hands and teh OL had been really good in pass pro.

Favre has the tools around him ot have a good season. I think he could get another probowl like Ziggy said above. He's going to have to prepare hard eveyr week and stay patient and he'll have a shot.

Partial
09-28-2006, 01:02 AM
It was two weeks now. Come on, lets not get ahead of ourselves.

billy_oliver880
09-28-2006, 01:06 AM

Got to get excited about something man.

Kiwon
09-28-2006, 01:58 AM

Amen to that, dreadlocks. Let's pass the ganga around (No, not really. I like my brain cells).

I say Farve for MVP, Pro-Bowl, and Comeback Player of the Year.

billy_oliver880
09-28-2006, 02:31 AM

Amen to that, dreadlocks. Let's pass the ganga around (No, not really. I like my brain cells).

I say Favre for MVP, Pro-Bowl, and Comeback Player of the Year.

I quit that awhile ago in favor of my career. :D

Partial
09-28-2006, 02:38 AM
I would love if Favre would keep it up, but lets not forget he led the league in touchdown passes for about 5-7 weeks last year:

edit - Surprisngly, Favre's worst part of the season was the first 4 weeks, with an MVP caliber 5-8 weeks, with his final four dropping down to near first four week numbers.

Here's hoping he can keep it up!

HarveyWallbangers
09-28-2006, 08:46 AM
I would love if Favre would keep it up, but lets not forget he led the league in touchdown passes for about 5-7 weeks last year:

edit - Surprisngly, Favre's worst part of the season was the first 4 weeks, with an MVP caliber 5-8 weeks, with his final four dropping down to near first four week numbers.

Here's hoping he can keep it up!

His stats weren't great the first four weeks (9 TDs, 8 interceptions), but they weren't near as bad as the last five weeks (1 TD, 9 interceptions). I'm hoping it had a lot to do with the fact the team was 2-9 and out of the playoff race last year. I have higher hopes this year for two reasons: 1) I think Brett is resigned to the fact the Packers might not be that good. He's out there to enjoy himself and help a young team. He probably won't become as distraught about a bad season, 2) I think he's playing much more controlled under McCarthy.