PDA

View Full Version : Milestones

HarveyWallbangers
09-27-2006, 07:23 PM
With his 131 yards from scrimmage (63 rushing, 68 receiving), Ahman Green moved ahead of Jim Taylor and into second place on the Packers' all-time list with 9,791. He now stands 111 yards away from taking over the top spot, held by James Lofton at 9,901.

Driver's three catches moved him past Max McGee and into sixth on the Packers' all-time list with 347 receptions. He also caught his 29th career TD pass, needing one more to become the 11th player in franchise history with 30 TD receptions.

woodbuck27
09-27-2006, 08:01 PM
Cool and Thanks for that my 4000th post will be right on this man when I return from the Grocery Store.

Batman has been an awesome Packer on the field.

HarveyWallbangers
09-27-2006, 11:05 PM
Interesting stats:

Consecutive home victories the Philadelphia Eagles have against the Packers, including playoffs, dating to 1962.

Consecutive times the Packers will have played in Philadelphia after Monday night. The streak will end next year when the Eagles are scheduled to come to Green Bay regardless of either team's record.

Brett Favre's passer rating in his last seven road Monday Night Football games (5-2 record).

Passing first downs the Packers have allowed, tied for third most in the NFL.

Passing plays of 20 or more yards the defense has allowed, the most of any team in the NFL.

HarveyWallbangers
09-27-2006, 11:12 PM
Jerry Greene of the Orlando Sentinel on the Packers signing wide receiver Koren Robinson despite his history of DUIs: "Does that mean the Cheeseheads will be the first NFL team to start a Donald Driver and a Drunken Driver?"

Bossman641
09-27-2006, 11:15 PM
It's about time Philly has to come to Lambeau.

MadtownPacker
09-27-2006, 11:19 PM
"Does that mean the Cheeseheads will be the first NFL team to start a Donald Driver and a Drunken Driver?"
Hahaha! I cant believe no one here came up with this one!!!

See Rastak, that is some fine trolling material right there. :mrgreen:

CyclonePackFan
09-27-2006, 11:29 PM
500th post milestone

Bossman641
09-27-2006, 11:31 PM
250th post milestone

woodbuck27
09-27-2006, 11:50 PM
Ahman "Batman" Green

RB AHMAN GREEN #30
6' 0" • 218 lbs. • Nebraska ... Exp: 9th NFL Season ... 7th Packers Season

Ahman Green Official Website:
http://www.ahman30.com/home.asp

http://www.ahman30.com/images/smallpics/2.jpg

http://www.ahman30.com/images/smallpics/1.jpg

* Beginning in 2000 as a Packer, when Ron Wolf obtained Green from the Seatle Seahawks, in one of the top trades in Packers history.

* Ahman Green has a total of 113 Packer Records to date.

( see ** Below )

* Had the most yards from scrimmage (9,036) and rushing yards (6,848) in the NFL from 2000-04.

* Set a slew of Packers’ single-season records in 2003, including rushing yards (1,883), attempts (355), total touchdowns (20) and yards from scrimmage (2,250). Also set team records for yards rushing in a game (218) and longest run from scrimmage (98) that year.

* Ruptured right quadriceps tendon in Week 7 at Minnesota in 2005, marking the first significant injury of his pro career and ending his season.

* Should he fully recover, regain starting halfback role, and adapt well to team’s new zone blocking scheme, will have a chance to set three significant career franchise records and perhaps lay claim to being the top back in a storied club history that includes five Hall of Famers at the position.

* Enters the season second on Green Bay’s all-time rushing list with 7,103 yards, behind only Jim Taylor at 8,207.

* Should he gain the 1,105 yards necessary to take over the top spot, would also break the franchise record for 1,000-yard rushing seasons, which he currently holds with Taylor at five.

*A complete player who can be a workhorse rusher as well as a precise route-runner to catch passes out of the backfield, stands No. 3 in team history in total yards from scrimmage with 9,438, **just 274 shy of Taylor in second (9,712) and 463 short of all-time leader James Lofton (9,901).

** Passed Packer Great RB Jim Taylor, for the most total yards from scrimmage for a RB in Packer History, on Sun. 24 Sept, 2006 helping the Packers to a Victory over "the Detroit Lions" gaining 131 All Purpose Yards in that game.

* Also a tremendous blocker, particularly on blitz pickup, has parlayed his all-around skills into four Pro Bowls.

* A humble team player never known to shy away from contact, is a respected leader both in how he plays and how he prepares for games.

* According to his mother, took his first steps – running steps – as a six-month-old baby. Three months later, he nearly died after contracting an intestinal disease called Shigella; received a blood transfusion and spent three weeks in the hospital.

* Established a foundation in 2001, the ‘Ahman Green Foundation for Youth Development,’ with primary mission to benefit the Boys & Girls Club in both Green Bay and Omaha.

* Interested in acting after football, made his on-screen debut last year in an independent short film Chester McPhail, playing himself as a female character’s blind date. Also has landed a role in an upcoming silver-screen comedy starring Rob Schneider.

Congratulations: Ahman "Batman" Green

This is my 4000th Post @ PACKERRATS.

Every one of them "a blast"... and I want to Thank MadtownPacker and ALL PACKERRATS for making "my Life as a Packer fan" so much fun here on OUR Forum.

PACKERRATS !!

Thanks so much ALL. It's too :cool: cool.

GO PACK GO ! PACKER FAN FAITH !!

Lurker64
09-27-2006, 11:54 PM
Consecutive times the Packers will have played in Philadelphia after Monday night. The streak will end next year when the Eagles are scheduled to come to Green Bay regardless of either team's record.

What the heck is with that anyway? Shouldn't the league prevent stuff like that from happening?

woodbuck27
09-28-2006, 12:06 AM

What the heck is with that anyway? Shouldn't the league prevent stuff like that from happening?

Until we shore it up and regain HOME Field advantage @ Lambeau as we once enjoyed. Will it matter?

All the same. 5 straight Seasonal visits to "the Eagles" is out of whack.

http://www.ahman30.com/images/pics/pic9.jpg

Ahman Green... a piece of art.

PACKERS over EAGLES - Week 4 - on Monday Night Football.

woodbuck27
09-28-2006, 01:03 AM
Below is a link to an Article on Ahman Green's quest for Packer Great RB Jim Taylor's records; but what I read in this piece had more to do with Ahman Green "the Man" and his proper attitude to playing for us.

Enjoy.

http://www.ahman30.com/commerce/inthenews/inthenews.asp?reqdate=9/1/2005&id_passed=246

http://www.ahman30.com/images/pics/pic8.jpg

GO PACK GO ! PACKER FAN FAITH in 2006 !!

billy_oliver880
09-28-2006, 01:09 AM
400 post milestone. :mrgreen:

woodbuck27
09-28-2006, 01:16 AM

Way to go billy_oliver880. :mrgreen:

billy_oliver880
09-28-2006, 01:28 AM

Way to go billy_oliver880. :mrgreen:

This isn't nothing compared to the 4k posts I have on my motorcycle forum. :shock:

CyclonePackFan
09-28-2006, 01:35 AM

I remember back in the 90's when we played @ Dallas for years and years in a row. Year after we won the Bowl, they scheduled Dallas to come up to Green Bay...in mid-November.

I was at that game, I'll never forget it.

"Welcome Green Bay Packer fans. Today's gametime temperature is....-4 degrees Fahrenheit (crowd roars)...with a wind chill of -20 degrees...(crowd goes berserk)"

...ah, the days when Lambeau had mystique...

billy_oliver880
09-28-2006, 01:45 AM

I remember back in the 90's when we played @ Dallas for years and years in a row. Year after we won the Bowl, they scheduled Dallas to come up to Green Bay...in mid-November.

I was at that game, I'll never forget it.

"Welcome Green Bay Packer fans. Today's gametime temperature is....-4 degrees Fahrenheit (crowd roars)...with a wind chill of -20 degrees...(crowd goes berserk)"

...ah, the days when Lambeau had mystique...

I remember that game like it happened yesterday. There certainly was a mystique.

Terry
09-28-2006, 05:39 AM
This isn't nothing compared to the 4k posts I have on my motorcycle forum. :shock:

Ok, but a post that just says "Vroom! Vroom!" should be disqualified in the final tallies.

mraynrand
09-28-2006, 07:58 AM

It was a cold day, but there's no way in hell it was below zero.

HarveyWallbangers
09-28-2006, 08:48 AM
The schedule is set years in advance. It's just the way it's worked out. We've played New Orleans two years in a row at home. It all depends on where you and the other team finish in their division.

Congrats Woody!

woodbuck27
09-28-2006, 08:56 AM
The schedule is set years in advance. It's just the way it's worked out. We've played New Orleans two years in a row at home. It all depends on where you and the other team finish in their division.

Congrats Woody!

Thanks Harvey

It's ALL ABOUT PACKERRATS... and PACKER Fans. :cool:

GBRulz
09-28-2006, 02:42 PM

Remember in the 90's when it seemed like we were down in Dallas every damn year? Finally in 98 they came to Lambeau and we kicked their ass. I was at that game...it was COLD!!

the_idle_threat
09-28-2006, 03:03 PM
1022nd post milestone

CaptainKickass
09-28-2006, 03:12 PM
Milestone:

259th post

:crazy:

MJZiggy
09-28-2006, 04:05 PM
I've reached the milestone of knowing there is no chance I'll ever catch up to Woodbuck again... :mrgreen:

mission
09-28-2006, 05:15 PM
1022nd post milestone

you and captain kickass completely got to "my" idea before me... i wanted to be the witty one :lol:

billy_oliver880
09-28-2006, 05:21 PM

Ok, but a post that just says "Vroom! Vroom!" should be disqualified in the final tallies.

Come on...Sometimes I make screeching noises too. :D