PDA

View Full Version : Here we go again??

Bossman641
09-27-2006, 09:49 PM
McCarthy was asked about the play of cornerback Al Harris and said, "Not as consistent as he would like. It just needs to be more consistent."

Harris, who threatened a holdout this summer because he wants a new contract, was asked if that assessment was fair.

"If he feels that I'm the problem, then getting me out of here may be the way they need to go," Harris said. "If that's what he thinks, then that's the way they need to go. I'm pretty sure there's somebody out there that would like me to play for them."

Al, just shut the hell up and play football. You haven't been as good as you were last year. Is it a continuation of his struggles at the end of last year or just a reflection of Schottenheimer? Either way it doesn't matter. Go out there and prove your worth. I'm so sick of this.

HarveyWallbangers
09-27-2006, 09:51 PM
Where did this quote come from?

Partial
09-27-2006, 09:51 PM
and the eventual showdown begins..

HarveyWallbangers
09-27-2006, 09:52 PM
I see it's from the Notes article on JSO.

Bossman641
09-27-2006, 09:52 PM
Where did this quote come from?

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=505973

Near the bottom of the article.

HarveyWallbangers
09-27-2006, 09:55 PM
It would be interesting to see if the reporter correctly, and directly, quoted McCarthy's comment. Or if the reporter said something like, Coach McCarthy said you need to be more consistent. It's all about the phrasing. Bottom line: McCarthy should nip in the bud right now.

BF4MVP
09-27-2006, 09:57 PM
I'm sick of Harris runnin his mouth..He hasn't even played well at all this season...

Bretsky
09-27-2006, 10:00 PM
SUAP

Name of a past softball team.

Stands for

SHUT
UP
AND
PLAY

billy_oliver880
09-27-2006, 10:03 PM
Just imagine if we all started complaining about how much we get paid and tell our boss we need to get traded. :lol:

MJZiggy
09-27-2006, 10:39 PM
Then you'd all have my job. :shock:

Guiness
09-27-2006, 11:08 PM
not good - It'd be nice if Harris was a happy camper.

woodbuck27
09-28-2006, 12:32 AM
McCarthy was asked about the play of cornerback Al Harris and said, "Not as consistent as he would like. It just needs to be more consistent."

Harris, who threatened a holdout this summer because he wants a new contract, was asked if that assessment was fair.

"If he feels that I'm the problem, then getting me out of here may be the way they need to go," Harris said. "If that's what he thinks, then that's the way they need to go. I'm pretty sure there's somebody out there that would like me to play for them."

Al, just shut the hell up and play football. You haven't been as good as you were last year. Is it a continuation of his struggles at the end of last year or just a reflection of Schottenheimer? Either way it doesn't matter. Go out there and prove your worth. I'm so sick of this.

Al Harris (a possibility ) :Al Harris musings

" Look Im burnt out, at the end of it here in Green Bay and I've been on "the dog" all Off Season to date, having miss'd "the OTA's" - what's that stand for anyway ..OTA'a... BS... Can't they jusrt get it and trade me...geeesssshhh !

I keep forgetting ..doesn't matter, as I didn't want Jack with Packers whatever...they are so behind...anyway... because I want more money now before "the fact" I'm over the hill is passed around "the NFL".

I wanted and want more...they arn't getting it.

if you don't slide with it. Then let me imagine I'll get that $ I want elsewhere (screw deserving it) it's all about me..Al Harris. . . .

Wondering how the pay is up in Canada? "

BEARMAN
09-28-2006, 01:45 AM
Problems in paradise ? :shock:

GO BEARS !

Kiwon
09-28-2006, 02:14 AM

GO BEARS !

Yeah, there have been a few bumps in the road in Packerland, but that happens when players struggle and the coaching is questionable.

Are you ready for the Bears first loss versus Seattle? I predict that the Soldier Field faithful will have their bubble burst this week. Don't worry 3-1 ain't bad.

Tarlam!
09-28-2006, 04:48 AM
If Harris is playing poorly as a reaction to his demands not being met, then I say bench his ass.

I'd rather us get burned by Carroll's penalties, than by Harris' sabotage attempts.

Still, I can't believe a consummate professional like Al' Harris would stoop to dishonorable behaviour to get traded.

I can understand him being pissed at M3's answer. The whole secondary looks like crap, at times even my man Nick. Singling out any one player from a poorly co-ordinated group was plain amateurish by the HC.

If he wanted to single anyone out, he should have picked on the guy responsible: The positions coach.

Al's press statement is regrettable and I doubt he'll be finishing his career in Green and Gold.

Fritz
09-28-2006, 05:49 AM
Well, it's hard to say how it all happened. My guess is some reporter asked, specifically, about Harris, and MM responded. Whoever said it needs to be taken into consideration whether the reporter quoted the coach accurately or just said "Coach said you're inconsistent" is right.

Doesn't bode well, though, does it? My early prediction is that next year Al will be playing somewhere else.

Terry
09-28-2006, 05:52 AM

Sounds petulant, to be sure. He's a bit touchy, it seems.

Still, to be fair to Harris, they ought to redo his contract. At the time he got the contract, it was a fair contract, but things have changed. He deserves more.

Rastak
09-28-2006, 06:13 AM
If Harris is playing poorly as a reaction to his demands not being met, then I say bench his ass.

I'd rather us get burned by Carroll's penalties, than by Harris' sabotage attempts.

Still, I can't believe a consummate professional like Al' Harris would stoop to dishonorable behaviour to get traded.

I can understand him being pissed at M3's answer. The whole secondary looks like crap, at times even my man Nick. Singling out any one player from a poorly co-ordinated group was plain amateurish by the HC.

If he wanted to single anyone out, he should have picked on the guy responsible: The positions coach.

Al's press statement is regrettable and I doubt he'll be finishing his career in Green and Gold.

His behavior is dishonorable? All he said was if the coach thinks I suck then get rid of me. Paraphrasing of course. Now do I think he's being a bit thin skinned? Yes indeed. I don't agree with what he said but hey, he's not faking an injury or holding out, truly dishonorable things.

Brando19
09-28-2006, 07:09 AM
Harris thinks he's God's gift to the NFL. Trade him!!

Bretsky
09-28-2006, 07:53 AM
MM should have been smart enough to dodge those comments and keep his complaints behind closed doors

And I don't fault Al Harris for speaking his mind; truth be told he'd probably want to be playing for another team anyways.

Proven and powerful coaches like Parcells get away with using the press to critique players.

MM should be smarter than this and concerned about the dysfunctionality of his defense.

B

ND72
09-28-2006, 07:59 AM

Amaturish by the HC?? are you guys serious? Holmgren always, and still calls out players through his press conferences. I've never heard 1 coach not answer questions about players. That's all they are asked. If they didn't answer the questions, there would be no press conference. This isn't a "Mike McCarthy" thing...every coach in the NFL will talk about their players, always. watch more press conferences than GB's. get real.

MJZiggy
09-28-2006, 08:40 AM
MM should have been smart enough to dodge those comments and keep his complaints behind closed doors

And I don't fault Al Harris for speaking his mind; truth be told he'd probably want to be playing for another team anyways.

Proven and powerful coaches like Parcells get away with using the press to critique players.

MM should be smarter than this and concerned about the dysfunctionality of his defense.

B

It helps a lot to know what he actually said. Funny thing, I just finished watching his press conference and here is the correct quote.
reporter: How would you assess Al Harris' first three games?
MM: How would I assess it? Not as consistent as he would like. This is a great opportunity for this week to get back on track because I don't know how many times they're gonna throw the ball this week, how much they'll challenge us, but it just needs to be more consistent.

That's terrible!! :roll: He really ripped him a new one using the media to accomplish his goals. What'd you want him to do? Lie? Al's not been playing like he did in years past and the operative word in that quote is he. Not as consistent as HE would like. Poor Al. The coach beat him up. He should never be subject to any kind of criticism from anybody. Especially not the guy in charge of the team whose responsibility it is to demand excellence from them. You think Lombardi never publicly called out a player?

Actually, this comment came after a q & a a about the secondary as a whole indicating that their communication is not where it should be and the unit is a weakness that Philly will try to exploit and the whole unit needs to step up (paraphrase)

HarveyWallbangers
09-28-2006, 08:52 AM
I agree with Ziggy. Not much there. Parcells blasts his players a lot more. McCarthy was being very diplomatic yet somewhat honest. These coaches have been this way with all players. This coaching staff is the same one who called out Favre for throwing a late pass down the middle in the preseason, but they aren't being harsh. Just seems to be that Harris is being incredibly thin-skinned. Then again, we don't know how the question was phrased to Harris. Maybe he truly doesn't know what McCarthy said. At this point though, it's up to the coach to calm this small brush fire.

MJZiggy
09-28-2006, 08:56 AM
That was part of my point. I think that the reporter told Harris that Coach said that he himself was disappointed in Al's play when he really said he thought Al was thinking he'd like to be more consistent.

"not as consistent as HE would like..." not we, he. He almost said we but didn't.

mmmdk
09-28-2006, 09:56 AM
Al Harris needs to calm down. Packers need him to play great on monday, along with the rest of the team, or Packers won't be able to contain the Eagles. Eagles are underrated, Giants got a lucky win. If Packers play great then they'll be competitive and that does, at times, lead to wins.

prsnfoto
09-28-2006, 11:00 AM

Look I don't like his reaction either but your statement is not true Al has been a team player from day one yes he bitched about his deal but he didn't hold out he came he is playing and he is our best corner by far albeit that isn't saying much right now, I blame the coaching. He has a right to be pissed about the money lets say you are in sales and you produce 10 million in sales your salary is 3 million,along comes a new guy Charles Woodsen he has 5 million in sales and gets a 10 million dollar salary you gonna be OK with that don't lie you would ask for a raise,look for a new job or not work quite as hard I know I would because the same thing happened to me once, guess what my employer ponied up after a polite discussion in his office. Who's fault TT's and my old boss they fucked up it is their right to do whatever they want but there will be consequences.

ahaha
09-28-2006, 11:57 AM
This situation seems like the media trying to make a story out of nothing.
Al Harris isn't in a position to pull a "Mike McKensie". In order for him to get a nice new contract he needs to produce on the field. He's not a young man or a speed demon. Teams aren't going to shell out big bucks for him unless they see the production on the field this year.

swede
09-28-2006, 12:11 PM

Look I don't like his reaction either but your statement is not true Al has been a team player from day one yes he bitched about his deal but he didn't hold out he came he is playing and he is our best corner by far albeit that isn't saying much right now, I blame the coaching...

Agreed, at least in terms of the defensive coaching.

The media, IMHO, did an expert job of accuately misquoting MM in order to get a reaction from Harris. It worked.

The fact that AH was ready to fire off in such a sensitive way showed that he isn't happy, or content, or making long term career plans in this town.
I am right at the same place with Harris that I was with McKenzie. He is frustrated with the crappy coverage scheming and poor execution and feels that he's strapped to a coaching staff that has more problems than the players.

I might want out, too, if I was a D back in Green Bay.

MJZiggy
09-28-2006, 12:59 PM
How do you know that Swede?

HarveyWallbangers
09-28-2006, 06:09 PM
Listening to Al's interview today on packers.com. He told Larry McCarren basically that the reporter relaying the message made McCarthy's comment seem a lot harsher than it was. He basically called out the reporter and said that that guy won't be "relaying another message to me." He called it the National Enquirer thing.

He's always messing with the reporters. You can tell he doesn't like or trust most of them.

MJZiggy
09-28-2006, 06:54 PM
That was Larry? Cool. I had no idea who asked the question.

He does like playing with reporters though doesn't he? :lol:
He seemed to trust the few that were standing there at the time, though I don't think he gives them much credit for higher thinking...

Tarlam!
09-28-2006, 07:20 PM
So, ND, Zig, Harv, what you are saying is, coach was right to answer the question in that way, singling out Harris as the main issue in the secondary.

I would agree, if he alone were the problem. BUT HE CLEARLY IS NOT!

That is my point. I have no problem in coach saying a player sucks. but ALL of our DBs suck. That cannot be a coincidence.

That is why I still feel, despite your presentations, M3 answred the question ineffectively. The real blame lies elsewhere.

mission
09-28-2006, 07:32 PM
So, ND, Zig, Harv, what you are saying is, coach was right to answer the question in that way, singling out Harris as the main issue in the secondary.

That is my point. I have no problem in coach saying a player sucks. but ALL of our DBs suck. That cannot be a coincidence.

That is why I still feel, despite your presentations, M3 answred the question ineffectively. The real blame lies elsewhere.

how was that incorrect? he asked about AL HARRIS' play -- not for an explanation of why the defensive backfield is struggling. as mentioned earlier, this was a question to MM following a lot of other questions regarding the secondary. then they asked about harris and MM said what he said. i think that's a pretty accurate reply to a very specific question.

and im glad harris isnt completely butthurt over it now. neato.

MJZiggy
09-28-2006, 07:33 PM
How would you have answered the question. The whole secondary was addressed earlier in the pc and the follow up was as follows: How would you assess Al Harris' first three games?

You have no time to think about it. Go!

swede
09-29-2006, 07:44 AM

Look I don't like his reaction either but your statement is not true Al has been a team player from day one yes he bitched about his deal but he didn't hold out he came he is playing and he is our best corner by far albeit that isn't saying much right now, I blame the coaching...

Agreed, at least in terms of the defensive coaching.

The media, IMHO, did an expert job of accuately misquoting MM in order to get a reaction from Harris. It worked.

The fact that AH was ready to fire off in such a sensitive way showed that he isn't happy, or content, or making long term career plans in this town.
I am right at the same place with Harris that I was with McKenzie. He is frustrated with the crappy coverage scheming and poor execution and feels that he's strapped to a coaching staff that has more problems than the players.

I might want out, too, if I was a D back in Green Bay.

Zig asks me how I knew that. I'm not sure I know which "that" you mean, Zig.

The media accurately misquoting MM? The Larry McCarren interview proved me correct on this guess.

Al Harris being unhappy? This again is a guess on my part. He was awfully ready to believe he wasn't wanted or appreciated. The media constantly portrays him as a troubled troublemaker, but every interview I've seen makes him look pretty sane and level-headed, if perhaps a bit sensitive. End result? He will play as professionally as he can this year and then try to get out of town next year because he's not feeling the love in this town.

The crappy coaching? Coaches plan and teach. The pass defense has looked poorly planned or poorly taught way too frequently. I'm willing to let someone argue that Marquand Molasses and Charles Woodson are the bigger problems. I don't know that the coaching is crappy but I claim my right to think it is. And if the coaching is crappy no one knows that better than the Packer D'backs. Crappy bosses are frustrating and employees tend to leave because of them.

Fritz
09-29-2006, 08:01 AM
Uncle Al will not be playing for the Packers next year. You can see it coming.

MadtownPacker
09-29-2006, 01:06 PM
At first I was kinda pissed for Harrisment to say stuff like that but when yo think about it he has a right to be mad. Woodson was brought in and shown major love on his bank account. Why? What has he done lately? Been hurt and been a part of a terrible raiders D when he did play. I havent heard about him shutting anyone down.

So he comes in the mix and TT shows him the money meanwhile Al has been here all along and played very well. Does that mean he should get more $$$? Maybe, maybe not but for Woodson to come in, get paid and still suck would piss anyone off.

Why the hell did TT clean up raider trash? Strike one against him IMO.

woodbuck27
09-29-2006, 01:29 PM

Al Harris has demonstrated to us that he has a complaint/complaints and suddenly backs off smartly after re-consideration of a certain manner "in/for his BEST interests".

Again, we are experiencing... just this part of who Al Harris is.

Al Harris has one option. To shut his mouth and demonstrate that he still can be competent at the left CB position with "the Green Bay Packers".

That is Al Harris's proper response in regards to any needed damage control.

Practise hard and play better at his position and get on the right path to helping "the Packers" win football games.

Given that... the rest may come to Al Harris. Distractions from "just that" arn't good for the Packers or Al Harris's best interests.

GO PACKERS ! Eagles domination must END !!

Harlan Huckleby
09-29-2006, 01:30 PM
Uncle Al will not be playing for the Packers next year. You can see it coming.

nah, Harris is too old to pull a McKenzie. Of course anything can happen, but I expect he'll finish out his contract, and will be the end. Packers need him.

mraynrand
09-29-2006, 01:35 PM
So he comes in the mix and TT shows him the money meanwhile Al has been here all along and played very well.

Sherman showed Al the money, and many thought it was too much and that it was a reaction to the McKenzie fiasco. Perhaps it was as much as Al deserved. If Al wanted to go FA, he shouldn't have re-upped at that time. And he now knows he isn't going to get another signing bonus of any significance, especially if the secondary continues to play like garbage. Monday Night will go a long way in branding this secondary. If they suck in Philly, they probably will be labeled for the entire season, and that will drag Harris down, no matter how well he plays.

MadtownPacker
09-29-2006, 01:39 PM
If folks thought that was too much to pay Al then they should be in a rage over Woodson getting mega dollars for having a broken leg!!

woodbuck27
09-29-2006, 01:43 PM
Al Harris needs to calm down. Packers need him to play great on monday, along with the rest of the team, or Packers won't be able to contain the Eagles. Eagles are underrated, Giants got a lucky win. If Packers play great then they'll be competitive and that does, at times, lead to wins.

Exactly.

We need a total TEAM effort on Monday night. From " the Packers players " and the Packer Coaching Staff.

Of course,that includes better play on behalf of Al Harris and Charles Woodson, but as well....

Our entire secondary needs to step it up. If they play as (they have been NOT playing... or decent ) then Donovan McNabb will, in all probability, pick us apart with the pass.

We need OUR secondary to improve their play based in a proper game plan.

In fairness... it can't all simply fall on " the players " per say.

It won't be a successful outcome, without a proper GAME PLAN.

PaCkFan_n_MD
09-29-2006, 01:51 PM
I say trade Woodson and Harris for a 1st from the skins (they don't care about their picks) and draft good young corner to play with Carroll.

mraynrand
09-29-2006, 01:53 PM
If folks thought that was too much to pay Al then they should be in a rage over Woodson getting mega dollars for having a broken leg!!

Good point. I think some questioned the dollars, while others wondered whether Woodson was banking off reputation. I think he's starting because of the money, the rep, and the rep of Carroll as a grabber. I think Carroll should be starting. He hits harder, tackles better, and runs faster. He's still pretty raw, but at least he has an upside whereas it looks like Woodson is headed into the dumper.

woodbuck27
09-29-2006, 01:56 PM

Look I don't like his reaction either but your statement is not true Al has been a team player from day one yes he bitched about his deal but he didn't hold out he came he is playing and he is our best corner by far albeit that isn't saying much right now, I blame the coaching. He has a right to be pissed about the money lets say you are in sales and you produce 10 million in sales your salary is 3 million,along comes a new guy Charles Woodsen he has 5 million in sales and gets a 10 million dollar salary you gonna be OK with that don't lie you would ask for a raise,look for a new job or not work quite as hard I know I would because the same thing happened to me once, guess what my employer ponied up after a polite discussion in his office. Who's fault TT's and my old boss they fucked up it is their right to do whatever they want but there will be consequences.

Your point is VALID !

Yet "the Packers" don't need this as a distraction even given the weight of TRUTH in your view.

Al Harris just has to concentrate on what he has demonstrated he can bring to the table and go from there .

His loyalty cannot be devided in himself (his needs) and compromising what he has the ability to demonstrate to us and his Team in assisting the primary objective.

That being...WINNING FOOTBALL GAMES.

GO PACK GO ! PACKER FAN FAITH in A WIN over "the Eagles".

It's TIME !!

woodbuck27
09-29-2006, 01:58 PM
I say trade Woodson and Harris for a 1st from the skins (they don't care about their picks) and draft good young corner to play with Carroll.

Your saying:

:idea: Cut... to the chase. :mrgreen:

woodbuck27
09-29-2006, 02:06 PM

Good point. I think some questioned the dollars, while others wondered whether Woodson was banking off reputation. I think he's starting because of the money, the rep, and the rep of Carroll as a grabber. I think Carroll should be starting. He hits harder, tackles better, and runs faster. He's still pretty raw, but at least he has an upside whereas it looks like Woodson is headed into the dumper.

Are we surprised that this FA signing is... as we see it?

There were better ways to spend Packer $ than the way Ted Thompson did on CB Charles Woodson ...

and here is the KEY... for OUR GM Ted Thompson " to PLAN " on how to spend $ Packer CAP Money $ better in OUR future.

$10 Million on Charles Woodson (even for a look ...even for one season)... based on all we knew (know) about Charles Woodson ! NO WAY !!

Ted Thompson will go down as blowing that one. What a joke and that's part and parcel as to how Al Harris is... in regards to his attitude ,

yet... NOT AN EXCUSE for Al Harris, or for us to fall back on.

Chubbyhubby
09-29-2006, 03:32 PM

GO BEARS !

Yeah, there have been a few bumps in the road in Packerland, but that happens when players struggle and the coaching is questionable.

Are you ready for the Bears first loss versus Seattle? I predict that the Soldier Field faithful will have their bubble burst this week. Don't worry 3-1 ain't bad.

As a die hard Packer Fan living in Bear Country I listen to sports radio and here in IL people are saying that with the fast start Chicago is playing these sports jocks are saying that DA Bears are superbowl contenders! can you believe that!

Guiness
09-29-2006, 03:39 PM
Lifted this from the chat GBR posted - good news on this topic:

Henry Osterbrink, Stevens Point, WI: Larry, recently Mike McCarthy called out Al Harris on his inconsistent play the last couple of weeks. In response, Al said "If he feels that I'm the problem, then getting me out of here may be the way they need to go...I'm pretty sure there's somebody out there that would like me to play for them." What do you make of this? Do you think Al really wants out of Green Bay, or is this perhaps yet another way of hinting toward a new contract, or maybe just him being frustrated?

LM: Asked him about that today and he basically said it was a case of a reporter digging for dirt and he would have nothing to do with said reporter again.

MJZiggy
09-29-2006, 03:57 PM
As a die hard Packer Fan living in Bear Country I listen to sports radio and here in IL people are saying that with the fast start Chicago is playing these sports jocks are saying that DA Bears are superbowl contenders! can you believe that!

Good. Usually when they start predicting Super Bowl appearances, teams start to choke *gasp* How long have they been saying the Colts will win it all?

BEARMAN
09-29-2006, 05:53 PM

GO BEARS !

The seachickens will be without their MVP RB, their stating TE, RG, DE and SS. They say they want to run a 4 WR set against us, good, that means no TE/RB to block our front 4. That also means alot of single man blocking against our front 4. You single man block most of our front 4 and your QB gets sacked, ... alot ! Our defence matches up well against their struggling(due to injuries) offence. Their defence can be beat deep, look at what the Giants did to them last week, 27 points in the second half. They have a good defence, but no super stars. Our emerging offence matches up well against their defence. Rex will throw deep on them and have one or two picks, and two or three TD's. Our defence is good for atleast one and maybe two TD's. Add that to a couple Gould FG's and the BEARS win this one.
DA BEARS 24

seachickens 17

GO BEARS !

vince
09-29-2006, 06:16 PM

When running through this thread I was firmly behind M3 in his comment, but after reading your post, Tarlam, I think you're right about this.

M3 didn't really screw up in this answer, but he would have been better off to deflect the question into a general statement about the pass coverage thus far. There is no reason to allow what happened to occur when it could have been avoided.

I don't think this is a major screw up, but with more seasoning, M3 will get better at handling a media that is in the business of creating controversy.

HarveyWallbangers
09-29-2006, 06:35 PM
I don't know. I see other coaches say much worse. It wasn't that scathing. Maybe he's trying to light a fire under Al's @ss.

MJZiggy
09-29-2006, 07:06 PM
Al himself said the other day that the reporter exaggerated what M3 said in order to bait him. AH will not longer speak to said reporter and will no longer comment at all on this issue. I will follow his lead...

vince
09-29-2006, 08:23 PM
Al himself said the other day that the reporter exaggerated what M3 said in order to bait him. AH will not longer speak to said reporter and will no longer comment at all on this issue. I will follow his lead...
True Zig, but it created a controversy that had to be squashed. Al seems to have squashed it, but he can't take his comment back, regardless of his response. If he gets burned on a bomb, for example, the fire could ignite again fairly easy... Any reporter could do it.

I like the fact that McCarthy holds players accountable, but I don't think the place to hold a player that is in contract dispute accountable is through the media. They can't wait to blow things out of proportion, spin the facts, and lite fires at every opportunity.

I love what I see out of McCarthy already, and he'll get better at dealing with the press, but that's one of the things that being an assistant doesn't necessarily prepare you for as a head coach in the NFL. The only way to really learn about dealing with the media is to do it.

Tarlam!
09-30-2006, 06:31 AM
I see other coaches say much worse. It wasn't that scathing. Maybe he's trying to light a fire under Al's @ss.

I don't, because my focus is only really on this team and a few players not in Green and Gold.

Just think how anyone of us reacts to being singled out publicly and in such a collective manner. I know I would probably quit if my boss stood up and said that stuff about me if 5 of my colleagues were as guilty if not more guilty for my department's failure, yet, there was no mention of it.

To me, being singled out - even if in reaction to a question - is scathing enough.

Coach should have balmed Schittenheimer, not the players. He could have done that by saying "Al and All DBs are aware they need to improve and the position coaches and I will be focussing particularly on helping them be where they need to be in order for us to consistantly win games".

I don't care that the DB collective was addressed previously.

My argument, again, is only because THEY ALL SUCK. If Al were consistantly bombing by himself, then scorch the guy.

HarveyWallbangers
09-30-2006, 11:10 AM
"She'll be alright"

Tarlam!
09-30-2006, 11:11 AM
That's "she'll be 'right". But I knew what ya meant! :lol: