PDA

View Full Version : Notes from Packersnews.com - Leach, Rodgers cut.

AtlPackFan
09-28-2006, 09:28 AM
If someone posted this already, my apologies.

http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060928/PKR01/609280489/1058/PKRFeatures

The Packers worked out linebacker James Davis of West Virginia, linebacker Spencer Havner of UCLA and receiver Burl Toler of Cal.

The New Orleans Saints cut former Packers fullback Vonta Leach.

The San Francisco 49ers cut receiver Cory Rodgers from their practice squad. Rodgers was a fourth-round draft pick of the Packers in April.

GoPack06
09-28-2006, 11:02 AM
some guys just don't translate well into the NFL and Rodgers is one of those guys.

privatepacker
09-28-2006, 12:12 PM
I think we're seeing our lack of talent when other teams don't pick up our waiver cuts. Davenport was picked up by the Steelers but I don't expect him to stick because of his injury history.

gbpackfan
09-28-2006, 03:15 PM
I hope the TT bashers can admit that THEY were WRONG and TT was RIGHT. Leach should have been cut after the Falcon game (pre-season).

Joemailman
09-28-2006, 04:55 PM
I think we're seeing our lack of talent when other teams don't pick up our waiver cuts. Davenport was picked up by the Steelers but I don't expect him to stick because of his injury history.

If we lack talent, Houston must really be in trouble.

red
09-28-2006, 04:58 PM
talk about the bottom of the barrel

a 4th rounder gets cut by us, AND the 49ers

i think its safe to say his career is just about over

Harlan Huckleby
09-28-2006, 05:05 PM
Leach wasn't very athletic. But he could bust a skull now and then.
I hope our new fullback can catch a pass, and even block a fast linebacker.

I bet Rodgers will find a place in the NFL someday. He looked psyched-out.

Bretsky
09-28-2006, 05:50 PM
I hope the TT bashers can admit that THEY were WRONG and TT was RIGHT. Leach should have been cut after the Falcon game (pre-season).

Us TT bashers are still wondering why in the h@ll TT drafted Cory Rodgers instead of Demetrius Williams :wink:

gbpackfan
09-28-2006, 06:15 PM
Your right. Every GM hits on every draft pick. How dare TT miss one!

I don't agree with TT on every move, but I don't bash him just to bash him either. Rodgers' special teams play in college was just that, special. It didn't work out, he moved on. Good.

Bretsky
09-28-2006, 06:22 PM
Your right. Every GM hits on every draft pick. How dare TT miss one!

I don't agree with TT on every move, but I don't bash him just to bash him either. Rodgers' special teams play in college was just that, special. It didn't work out, he moved on. Good.

Agree with you completely. And I'm not sure I fall into the TT basher category. Truth be told at this point I'm content with his two drafts and think he's done a terrible job utilizing the money in free agency. I criticize him some and give him his due for some of his good moves.

B