PDA

View Full Version : has anybody heard...?

Green Bud Packer
09-28-2006, 03:47 PM
what's up with al harris? his, if they think i'm the problem then getting me out of here maybe is the way they should go, quote sounds of discontent.

packrulz
09-28-2006, 04:04 PM
He's been whining ever since they signed Woodson. He bitched about Kampman's contract but Kampy's having his best year and is getting better. Harris has got to play, and I don't think he's getting screwed, I just ignore those comments, usually.

RashanGary
09-28-2006, 04:14 PM
DE, RB, CB

Those look like the biggest needs to me.

Carroll has a spot next year. Woodson should be playing safety. We need one more CB and I don't know that we can count on Blackmon as a starter. Harris should not get paid. We should let him go after this season if he's going to gripe. Maybe we can get a 4th round pick for him.

Partial
09-28-2006, 04:19 PM
DE, RB, CB

Carroll has a spot next year. Woodson should be playing safety. We need one more CB and I don't know that we can count on Blackmon as a starter. Harris should not get paid. We should let him go after this season if he's going to gripe. Maybe we can get a 4th round pick for him.

I predict that if the season keeps going this way Woodson won't be a Packer, Carroll might be, and harris will probably get a little more money to shut him up.

RashanGary
09-28-2006, 04:35 PM
Maybe they give him like a Million or something. That is a lot of money to me. I'm sure it would buy Al some time and give him a little something to fall back on..

I'm not against giving him some, but I think next year will be has last decent year in the NFL. He's worth an extra mil next season but after that, I think you move on without him. Hopefully either Blackmon or some other prospect develops into the long term solution along side Carroll.

Woodson is only around a 4 mil cap hit next year. He's got pretty good ball skills from what I've seen. I'd like to have him at safety. I think him and Collins would be a good duo back there.

GBRulz
09-28-2006, 04:55 PM
Harris needs to step it up if he expects any kind of new contract.

MJZiggy
09-28-2006, 05:05 PM
That's what I was thinking. If he wants to get a new contract, the coach should NEVER mention his name and the words improve, inconsistent, or laid-back in the same sentence. If coach is thinking that he needs to improve his consistency, then he has to realize that any other coach in the league who would give him a look would want him to do the same thing. Either that, or our standards are very high which would be a nice thing as well.

Harlan Huckleby
09-28-2006, 05:15 PM
what's up with al harris?

He got his hair straightened.

Packnut
09-28-2006, 06:33 PM
Maybe they give him like a Million or something. That is a lot of money to me. I'm sure it would buy Al some time and give him a little something to fall back on..

I'm not against giving him some, but I think next year will be has last decent year in the NFL. He's worth an extra mil next season but after that, I think you move on without him. Hopefully either Blackmon or some other prospect develops into the long term solution along side Carroll.

Woodson is only around a 4 mil cap hit next year. He's got pretty good ball skills from what I've seen. I'd like to have him at safety. I think him and Collins would be a good duo back there.

I'm sure that's where Woodson will end up and your right, Collins and him would make a good tandem. Woodson has the cover skills and Collins could play closer to the line like Butler did. Carroll is the wild card in all this. He's gotta step up. Harris was never fast to begin with and he's now a step slower. I'd be very hesitant to give him more money.

Merlin
09-28-2006, 08:11 PM
If Harris was playing like Woodson, he would be benched! TT's guy all the way! Next year Harris, Barnett, Caroll, Green, KGB will ge GONE and anyone else TT didn't sign who's contract is up.

He is hell bent on "his" team. He is a moron. I don't know how this could be anymore clearer then the way he has handled this team from day one. Sure, he "fixed" the salary cap and drafted a few good players. But he picked up garbage in free agency and spent way too much on it. He also wasted our #1 pick last year and let Nall and Longwell go. If I were Harris, I wouldn't ask for a permanent name tag on my locker, he will be gone even though he is out performing the 10 million dollar man...

BallHawk
09-28-2006, 08:18 PM
How was letting Nall go a mistake?

BooHoo
09-28-2006, 09:07 PM
No great performance equals no great contract! :D

mraynrand
09-28-2006, 09:16 PM
What the hell is all this talk about Woodson at safety? The guy doesn't like to mix it up. Haven't you been watching him? He plays soft coverage - that's his strong suit - he's not a big hitter and he's not really a good tackler either. He's just not suited for safety. I'd say he's a lot closer to a Deion Sanders than a Ronnie Lott.

As far as Harris goes - the guy may have lost it in more ways than one. Harris is a lot like McKenzie - a good jammer and good awareness and instinct for the position BUT he doesn't have any speed to lose. Once he loses any speed, he's a liability. Maybe he's lost it already and realizes his chances of ever getting another good signing bonus are ZILTCH.

Homer Jay
09-28-2006, 11:44 PM
This is from today's JSO.

What problem? Green Bay cornerback Al Harris now says he has no problems with his coach.

On Wednesday, coach Mike McCarthy was asked about Harris' play and he said: "It just needs to be more consistent."

When asked to react, Harris said: "If he feels that I'm the problem, then getting me out of here may be the way they need to go."

On Thursday, Harris told the ABC affiliate in Green Bay, WBAY Channel 2, "There is no problem, I have no problem with Coach." He then told a handful of journalists he was given misinformation on McCarthy's statement.

When finally asked if he was recanting his statement or if he received flak from the coaches for what he said, Harris was fed up with the topic.

"You missed the boat, OK? . . . I don't want to be rude, so please, just don't ask me," he said.

Imagine a journalist misquoting someone!! Unheard of.

Bretsky
09-28-2006, 11:47 PM
What the hell is all this talk about Woodson at safety? The guy doesn't like to mix it up. Haven't you been watching him? He plays soft coverage - that's his strong suit - he's not a big hitter and he's not really a good tackler either. He's just not suited for safety. I'd say he's a lot closer to a Deion Sanders than a Ronnie Lott.

As far as Harris goes - the guy may have lost it in more ways than one. Harris is a lot like McKenzie - a good jammer and good awareness and instinct for the position BUT he doesn't have any speed to lose. Once he loses any speed, he's a liability. Maybe he's lost it already and realizes his chances of ever getting another good signing bonus are ZILTCH.

All great points

Kiwon
09-29-2006, 12:11 AM
DE, RB, CB

I predict that if the season keeps going this way Woodson won't be a Packer, Carroll might be, and harris will probably get a little more money to shut him up.

Okay.....I was thinking that Harris might end up in Houston with all the other ex-Packers. :wink:

esoxx
09-29-2006, 12:19 AM
No way Harris gets a re-worked deal from the Packers, or any other team in the league for that matter. He's getting up there in age (for a CB) and no GM is going to fall for Harris' line that he's underpaid when he's playing at the same level he was the last four games last season, which is to say pedestrian. Roy Williams owned Harris last week. That tape will find it's way around the league.

I'm not trying to get too down on Harris, as he still can play a decent CB. However, he's delusional if he thinks the Pack, or any other team for that matter, is going to sweeten his contract. Sorry Al, age is your worst enemy now. There's really no reason to redo a contract for a player soon to be on the backside of his career. Harsh reality of the NFL.

woodbuck27
09-29-2006, 12:34 AM
what's up with al harris?

He got his hair straightened.

Yea !! Your back. :mrgreen: X 10.

woodbuck27
09-29-2006, 12:41 AM
DE, RB, CB

Okay.....I was thinking that Harris might end up in Houston with all the other ex-Packers. :wink:

It's like "the Underground Railroad"... the new Millinium. :mrgreen:

Tarlam!
09-30-2006, 06:44 AM
Kampy and Driver. Those two got the extensions and have improved.

Bubba. I was all for giving Bubba a sweat deal, but he has disappointed.

An extension for Harris with the paycheck just seems iffy to me.

Sorry, but I need to hijack the thread:

I don't know if Woodson should be on the roster next year. Would he show more passion by a posional switch to Safety? I doubt it. His heart isn't into wearing the uniform.

My opinion is both Harris and woodson would have been far more effective if they had participated in the OTA schedule. I think Marquand is also behind where he should be, but since he was injured, I am prepared to wait and see his development before calling him a bust.