PDA

View Full Version : Hawk, Jennings ranked again

Brando19
09-28-2006, 06:41 PM
SI.com did their Top 10 Rookies to watch post again. Last week, Hawk and Jennings wasn't even ranked. Now, AJ Hawk is #10 while Greg Jennings is #4. What a difference a game can make, huh?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/0609/gallery.nfl.rookiewatch4/content.1.html

BF4MVP
09-28-2006, 07:32 PM
Hawk is the fourth-best LINEBACKER on the list...

mission
09-28-2006, 07:33 PM
Hawk is the fourth-best LINEBACKER on the list...

which im not buying into at ALL... :roll:

MJZiggy
09-28-2006, 07:54 PM
How is it that Bush wins top honors again? 53 yards on 13 carries isn't bad, but the best rookie performance out there? Come on!

HarveyWallbangers
09-28-2006, 09:17 PM
I think this is a ranking for the year. Then again, how does Jones-Drew get ranked 3rd for one game? Whoever did this poll didn't watch the Packers-Lions game. They had similar stats. The difference was that 3/4 of Hawk's tackles came near the line of scrimmage, but 3/4 of Sims' stats came 7 yards or more downfield. Suspect. Maroney wasn't very good in week 3.

Brando19
09-28-2006, 09:54 PM
I think this is a ranking for the year. Then again, how does Jones-Drew get ranked 3rd for one game? Whoever did this poll didn't watch the Packers-Lions game. They had similar stats. The difference was that 3/4 of Hawk's tackles came near the line of scrimmage, but 3/4 of Sims' stats came 7 yards or more downfield. Suspect. Maroney wasn't very good in week 3.

I believe they were ranked at the beginning of the year...then fell out of the top 10...and are now back in it...so I don't know if this is for the whole year. I dunno.

MJZiggy
09-28-2006, 09:58 PM
If you look next to the pictures, it has their ranking from last week. I am assuming that means it will be changing weekly. I guess we find out for sure next week. Either way, so much for Jennings flying under the radar.

Fosco33
09-29-2006, 12:43 AM
I'm glad to see this rookie class get some respect from the national writers - if they're early performance can be an indicator of future success - we should all be :D

Here's something else from that same article on Favre...

In his 243rd and 244th career starts, Brett Favre, for the first time in his NFL career, passed for 300 or more yards with three or more touchdowns in consecutive games, passing for 340 yards in both games. The last QB with consecutive games of 340 or more yards, three or more TDs and one or fewer interceptions was Billy Volek of the Titans in 2004.

RashanGary
09-29-2006, 08:16 AM
Now that's more like it SI.

By the end of the season I want Hawk and Jennings in the top 5 :)

Ernie sims is junk compared to Hawk. I'm really surprised they have him listed at 7. Do they watch the games?

Bretsky
09-29-2006, 08:31 AM
Now that's more like it SI.

By the end of the season I want Hawk and Jennings in the top 5 :)

Ernie sims is junk compared to Hawk. I'm really surprised they have him listed at 7. Do they watch the games?

I agree with you completely GJ; Hawk handed Sims his jock strap Sunday. Sims was invisible. And putting Maurice Drew that high is laughable. The guy had had one good game up to this point. I'm starting to think it's possible to see Jennings have 1,000 yards this year and annoint him as a Great Pick by TT. I see that potential. Hawk will at least be a very solid player for many years ahead.

B