PDA

View Full Version : ESPN, MNF, PACK, & WINNING DEFENSE

TOP HAT
09-29-2006, 09:35 AM
Friday, September 29, 2006 Take 2: Packers vs. Eagles By Scouts, Inc.

"Green Bay will be bringing the 31st ranked passing defense into Philadelphia to face the top offense in the league when Donovan McNabb lines up under center for the Eagles. McNabb is having an outstanding season. He is completing 61.1 percent of his passes for 960 yards, and seven touchdowns with only one interception. The Packers' secondary has been shredded, giving up 20 explosive passes already this season. Cornerbacks Al Harris and Charles Woodson have done a solid job, but safeties Marquand Manuel and Nick Collins are often out of position in coverage and frequently bite on the run action, only to get beat by the receivers."

ESPN Front page scenario with Brett pic: Brett will have a struggling long night and the Pack defense will be embarrassingly shredded.

Will 4-26 4th down play continue to haunt the Pack? How will it be different from the embarrassing lost on preseason MNF? Will safeties play well, will a consistent pass rush show up, and will Pop play well? Reactions.

mmmdk
09-29-2006, 09:45 AM
Wuhuu, just a note. I now get MNF live in Denmark too. The Falcons at Saints MNF game was such a success that all MNF games will be shown. I get to see the Packers at Eagles MONDAY. Wuhuu!

ahaha
09-29-2006, 01:36 PM
Wuhuu, just a note. I now get MNF live in Denmark too. The Falcons at Saints MNF game was such a success that all MNF games will be shown. I get to see the Packers at Eagles MONDAY. Wuhuu!

Obviously an attempt, by Denmark, to become one of the culturally elite countries in Europe. Kudos to the Danes! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

RashanGary
09-29-2006, 02:28 PM
I like the idea of playing a lot of nickle against PHL.

I consider both Carroll and Collins capable weapons vs Westbrook. They are both tough, fast and fierce in the way they play football.

If the coaching staff refuses to use Barnett in coverage then we can't go out there with Poppinga as the main responsibility to cover the flat. I would like to see Collins or Carroll isolated on Westbrook outside. Collins proved he could tackle Reggie Bush alone in the open field. I think both Collins and Carroll would be up to the challenge of Brian Westbrook.

I don't think philly is as good as people think. They have had a nice start but I'm not a believer in that team. We'll probably lose, but I see no reason we can't beat up on their offense a little. We've got some defenders who can enforce the law in a brutal way and I want to see a little of that this week. If we beat them down, we can win. I think how physical we are on Westbrook, McNabb and Stallworth will go a long way in who wins the game. I want to see big hits and mercyless defense. I think Westbrook will be a lot less explosive if he's sick from getting hit sqaure in jaw the play before.

Chubbyhubby
09-29-2006, 03:23 PM
I have watched 2 of 3 games so far on TV and I can say quite reasurringly that Poppinga should have been CUT before the season He stinks. Gets beaten constantly and is always out of postion. I just hope that MNF jinks doesn't reapear. I won't be surprise that Poppinga gets "Picked on" all game.

LEWCWA
09-29-2006, 04:51 PM
whatever!