PDA

View Full Version : First time poster.

DallasFan
09-29-2006, 09:49 PM
Hello. Figured this would be a good place to talk football without the 14 year olds name calling.

Anyone think the Packers will cover the spread at least? Philly got banged up last week kinda bad. McNabb is also overdue for a bad game. I'd love it for the Packers to beat the Eagles.

Kiwon
09-29-2006, 09:59 PM
DallasFan, welcome to PR. Give TO my best. I wanted him here, but now I don't know.......

The Packers on MNF that last few years has been very unpredictable. Throw in the fact that its Philly and in Philadelphia and it's even more hard to predict.

The Packers have the talent to win, but which team will show up? The team of Weeks 1 and 2 or the team of Week 3?

If Farve is protected well, I think he'll notch another MNF win. Hopefully, the DBs will help him out by playing well for a change.

Bretsky
09-29-2006, 10:06 PM
I don't think I'd want to bet on this game; not sure GB has the talent to win. At the same time with all of the injuries to Phily's secondary maybe Favre can have a field day ?

B

Kiwon
09-29-2006, 10:10 PM
Hello. Figured this would be a good place to talk football without the 14 year olds name calling.

Anyone think the Packers will cover the spread at least? Philly got banged up last week kinda bad. McNabb is also overdue for a bad game. I'd love it for the Packers to beat the Eagles.

BTW, you right about the 14-year old name calling part. We're at least up to the 16-year old name calling level. :mrgreen:

Actually, it's pretty calm around here. Feel free to be yourself.

woodbuck27
09-29-2006, 10:11 PM
Hey DallasFan. Welcome to PACKERRATS. :mrgreen:

October 2, 2006, 20:30 PM

Green Bay at Philadelphia ( Betting )

Price = Green Bay +11.0 Pts. and Price = Philadelphia -11.0 Pts.

That is a safe bet on "the Packers".

We cover or my name isn't Marlene. :mrgreen:

the_idle_threat
09-29-2006, 10:18 PM
Welcome to PR DallasFan!

I think the Pack will cover. I even think they have a decent shot to win. :shock: But then again I picked them to win against the Bears, so what the hell do I know? :oops: :mrgreen:

On a completely unrelated note, what's the deal in big D between Bledsoe and Tony Romo? Is Romo as close to taking away the starting job as some commentators might lead us to believe, or is it more of a McNair/Volek situation?

LEWCWA
09-29-2006, 10:21 PM
Not a chance, just the typical falling in love with the backup syndrome!!
The Tuna aint that stupid!

HarveyWallbangers
09-29-2006, 10:28 PM
The Packers are 0-4 in the last 3 years vs. Philly. Favre has miserable numbers: 4 TDs, 6 interceptions, and just 140 yards/game. This is a bad matchup for Brett, and it's a bad matchup for our defense. As much as I want to believe we should be able to cover a 12 point spread, I think this one could get ugly.

Rastak
09-29-2006, 10:52 PM
The Packers are 0-4 in the last 3 years vs. Philly. Favre has miserable numbers: 4 TDs, 6 interceptions, and just 140 yards/game. This is a bad matchup for Brett, and it's a bad matchup for our defense. As much as I want to believe we should be able to cover a 12 point spread, I think this one could get ugly.

12 points is a HUGE spread. If Green Bay plays at the level offensively as they did against Detroit they may cover.

MJZiggy
09-29-2006, 11:02 PM

Didn't you read the post on that other thread about it not mattering what happened in the past or on MNF or any of that stuff? All that matters is the teams that show up on Monday. Eagles are a little banged up, we're pretty much not. They are really good. We...well...we're getting better every week and now we'll see how much better. If Brett gets the kind of protection he did last week, we cover. Maybe win.

Tyrone Bigguns
09-29-2006, 11:06 PM
Hate to say it but we probably are gonna get wiped out. Philly is a top 5 team with a lot of depth on the Dline. Could be a long day for our Oline.

I'm torn. Don't bet and have money for rocks. Bet and get MORE money for rocks.

HarveyWallbangers
09-29-2006, 11:07 PM
I don't know how banged up they really are. Some coaches pad those injury reports. Right now, it looks like they only have one starting missing. That guy, Kearse, is out for the year. Found this report:

"In Philadelphia, wide receiver Donte' Stallworth (hamstring) returned to practice and is expected to play. Safety Brian Dawkins (concussion) and running
back Brian Westbrook (knee) continued sitting out but will play.

Cornerback Lito Sheppard (ankle) was to practice today and could play."

MJZiggy
09-29-2006, 11:09 PM
I'm sorry, where are my manners??? Mind must be on other things tonight. Welcome to the forum DallasFan.

billy_oliver880
09-29-2006, 11:19 PM
I'm sorry, where are my manners??? Mind must be on other things tonight. Welcome to the forum DallasFan.

Thinking about Hawk's curls?" :shock: :lol:

MJZiggy
09-29-2006, 11:28 PM
Those were metaphoric curls. His hair is actually quite straight and to be brutally honest looked better short.

http://www.tomsorrell.net/mediac/400_0/media/DIR_89501/Hawk.jpg

woodbuck27
09-29-2006, 11:35 PM
Hate to say it but we probably are gonna get wiped out. Philly is a top 5 team with a lot of depth on the Dline. Could be a long day for our Oline.

I'm torn. Don't bet and have money for rocks. Bet and get MORE money for rocks.

Them DAM Curling Rocks cost so much $ these days Tyrone Bigguns, how can you afford any? :mrgreen:

Take down.. shakedown... every Packer Fan.. get down ...Monday Night.

woodbuck27
09-29-2006, 11:41 PM
I don't know how banged up they really are. Some coaches pad those injury reports. Right now, it looks like they only have one starting missing. That guy, Kearse, is out for the year. Found this report:

"In Philadelphia, wide receiver Donte' Stallworth (hamstring) returned to practice and is expected to play. Safety Brian Dawkins (concussion) and running
back Brian Westbrook (knee) continued sitting out but will play.

Cornerback Lito Sheppard (ankle) was to practice today and could play."

Yea.

RB Brian Westbrook Week 3 Vs. "the 49ers" ...questionable to start all week till Saturday, and then actually in limited action, with only 12 touch's and well...

" it was "the Brian Westbrook SHOW "...

just that thought.. SCARY!!

Fosco33
09-29-2006, 11:46 PM
Packer's secondary will be the achilles heel until Schottenheimer is removed.

This weekend will be a real test as McNabb has more completions (10) of 25+ yards than any QB. Granted these were against fairly sub-par defenses, but I wouldn't exactly call the 2ndry for the Packers at par for the course through week 3.

The Packers will lose this game and an adjusted spread of 8 points (less 3 for HVA) is fair. I've taken the Packers to lose this game straight-up and vs. the spread. PHI 31 - GB 17

This should be the final wake-up call for a position coach change - but the Packers, like a drunken college student, will hit the snooze once again :oops:

mmmdk
09-30-2006, 02:00 AM

12 points is a HUGE spread. If Green Bay plays at the level offensively as they did against Detroit they may cover.

You're too kind, Rastak...

woodbuck27
09-30-2006, 02:47 AM
Pre game info.

Brett Favre has thrown for 340 yards and three touchdowns each of the last two weeks.

Facing an Eagles' secondary ravaged by injuries - Roderick Hood (heel, doubtful), Lito Sheppard (ankle, doubtful), Brian Dawkins (concussion, questionable), Michael Lewis (quadriceps, probable) -

The opportunity will be there for continued success. Rookie Greg Jennings is opening some eyes and figures to free up Donald Driver in the process.

Still, it won't all be easy, as the Eagles' defensive line has had great success getting to the passer, having already accumulated 16 sacks...

As for the Eagles' offense, there hasn't been a more impressive unit so far, pacing the entire league with 436.0 yards per game. Matching up against a struggling Green Bay defense ranked second to last in yards allowed, things could get ugly Monday night.

Donte Stallworth (hamstring) is questionable, but Reggie Brown (shoulder, probable), L.J. Smith (shoulder, probable) and Brian Westbrook (knee, questionable) are all expected to play.

Philadelphia has won the last four meetings between these teams.

woodbuck27
09-30-2006, 03:45 AM
Here's a colorful prediction..he doesn't paint a picture of any color for us though; it's black

Really...

Green Bay @ Philadelphia
Brett Favre threw his 400th touchdown pass early in the Packers 31-24 win over the Lions at Ford Field. The Packers' aging gunslinger also tossed TD's number 401 and 402, and now has his sights set on Dan Marino's NFL record of 420.

"I'm coming for you, Marino," says Favre.

"Let's see if I can throw 18 more TDs before you can lose 18 more pounds on your Nutrisystem diet. Come on, Dan. When I see you on television, I don't want to hear about diets. I want to hear about football. And maybe the latest styles in Isotoner gloves."

Philadelphia's Donovan McNabb is off to a flying start, leading the NFL with 960 yards through the air.

Fantastic, Donovan! What do you think of Terrell Owens?

"I've just got a few words for Terrell Owens and his supposed suicide attempt," says McNabb.

"Better luck next time. But seriously, T.O., if you need to talk, there are about two billion other people you should call before you call me."

It's a shootout at Lincoln Financial Field. McNabb and Favre both come out with guns blazing, and each throws for 300 yards. McNabb hits Reggie Brown for the game-winning score in the fourth quarter.

Eagles win, 35-28.

GO PACKERS ! PACKER FAN FAITH !!

vince
09-30-2006, 07:43 AM
Fantastic, Donovan! What do you think of Terrell Owens?

"I've just got a few words for Terrell Owens and his supposed suicide attempt," says McNabb.

"Better luck next time. But seriously, T.O., if you need to talk, there are about two billion other people you should call before you call me."
:lol: