PDA

View Full Version : A Native Oregonian Visits Wisconsin For The First Time

oregonpackfan
09-30-2006, 01:27 AM
Last weekend, a good friend of mine from here in Oregon went to visit Wisconsin for the first time. He traveled with his son's college football team, Whitworth, a Division III school to play UW-Stout in Menomonie.

We talked extensively about Wisconsin before and after the visit because he knew that Wisconsin is my home state.

Some of his observations were very interesting like:

--"You guys sure have a lot of beautiful lakes." Oregon has considerably fewer lakes than Wisconsin and many of those of man-made resovoirs.

--"Man, when it rains there, it really pours." In Oregon it rains frequently but it usually does not rain hard. Oregon has few thunderstorms during the summer.

--"Even though Menominee was closer to Minneapolis than Green Bay, there seemed to be a lot more Packer fans than Viking fans." That statement swelled my chest with pride!

By the way, Whitworth edged Stout 14-13 in a close game requiring 2 overtimes.

OPF

GBRulz
09-30-2006, 09:33 AM
that's cool, OPF! The area around the Mississippi river is some of the most beautiful in the state. Especially if you go a little south towards LaCrosse, you have the huge bluffs overlooking the river.... very beautiful indeed!

Good thing she didn't make the 4 hour drive to GB though..... that has got to be the most boring drive through the state.... highway 29 east/west!!

falco
09-30-2006, 09:37 AM
Good thing she didn't make the 4 hour drive to GB though..... that has got to be the most boring drive through the state.... highway 29 east/west!!

amen

jack's smirking revenge
09-30-2006, 09:51 AM
that's cool, OPF! The area around the Mississippi river is some of the most beautiful in the state. Especially if you go a little south towards LaCrosse, you have the huge bluffs overlooking the river.... very beautiful indeed!

29 or 21. Both are dreadfully boring.

tyler

Iron Mike
10-02-2006, 07:02 AM

29 or 21. Both are dreadfully boring.

tyler

I just took 21 back home from Oktoberfest yesterday!! Uff da! :sad:

retailguy
10-02-2006, 10:36 AM

HEY! I grew up near that road when it was still two lane.... It's actually a very nice area... 'Course that might have a thing or two to do with why I moved? Yeah, ok, forget it.... :wink: :evil:

billy_oliver880
10-02-2006, 11:35 PM
Last weekend, a good friend of mine from here in Oregon went to visit Wisconsin for the first time. He traveled with his son's college football team, Whitworth, a Division III school to play UW-Stout in Menomonie.

We talked extensively about Wisconsin before and after the visit because he knew that Wisconsin is my home state.

Some of his observations were very interesting like:

--"You guys sure have a lot of beautiful lakes." Oregon has considerably fewer lakes than Wisconsin and many of those of man-made resovoirs.

--"Man, when it rains there, it really pours." In Oregon it rains frequently but it usually does not rain hard. Oregon has few thunderstorms during the summer.

--"Even though Menominee was closer to Minneapolis than Green Bay, there seemed to be a lot more Packer fans than Viking fans." That statement swelled my chest with pride!

By the way, Whitworth edged Stout 14-13 in a close game requiring 2 overtimes.

OPF

They beat my alma mater? Dang...sounds like a good game though. If you would go to the college you would see a ton of vikings fans there.