PDA

View Full Version : Westbrook comments on Packers

packers11
09-30-2006, 09:49 AM
Watching Jim Rome the other day , Rome had Westbrook on the show for thier 1 on 1 interview... So I decided not to turn it off because I knew Rome was going to try to put the PACKERS under the bus.

The interview started Westbrook started to talk about last weeks game, then Rome goes How bout the Packers this week??

"a very talented young team" and that "are getting on a roll, its going to be a tough game"

Rome disgusted with the comments (did not answer back) switched the subjects and asked Westbrook questions on T.O...

Of course that ignorant shit tried to get Westbrook to talk so much trash about T.O for example
"Would you be suprised if he did commit suicide, he is so self centered"

and other ignorant comments that he made to try to get Westbrook to say...

Westbrook showed hes a class type of guy and said how he wishes T.O the best and how he was shocked when he heard the news... He was worried...

But back on the Packers....

Westbrook gave us props :mrgreen:

PaCkFan_n_MD
09-30-2006, 09:55 AM
Westbook is team guy and a great player, his comments are what I expected of him. Should be a good game, and westbook is going to be the key player to stop if they want to win.

RashanGary
09-30-2006, 10:36 AM
Rome has an axe to grind with Green bay. He seems to be buddy's with Rosenhaus so I think he's staying true his colors by ripping GB.

Brando19
09-30-2006, 10:36 AM
I saw an interview with Brian Dawkins on the Eagles website and he had nothing but great things to say about Favre and the Pack. He said Favre is still one of the best QBs in the game and he can throw a rocket by you in a heartbeat. He said the game will be tough and the Pack is on a roll and the Eagles will have their hands full.

MadtownPacker
09-30-2006, 02:28 PM
Thats sorry POS rome. Always trying to start trouble. Reminds me of someone I know. :mrgreen:

Very classy of Westbrook to take the high road on both those questions. He knows he is good and doesnt have to talk the talk. Slowing him down will go a long ways towards a V on MNF. I doubt he will get shut down. Just please keep him to 1 TD not the 3 he seems to be getting weekly.

hurleyfan
09-30-2006, 04:14 PM
Westbrook does seem to be a decent guy, but not too many players or (teams) in the NFL these days don't give props to their opponent..

Rome is in a class(less) all by himself.. Typical of the espn-antagonist type of interviewer..

Who rememebrs when he kept calling Jim Everet "Chrissy" and wanted Jim the QB to kick Rome's ass!

muzz
09-30-2006, 04:38 PM
I remember when Jim told him to call him Chrissy again during an interview, and Rome did........

Needless to say, Jim pounced on him during the interview!!
LMAO

I saw the interview somewhere online, I was like WTF, does Rome wanna die, or does he think his clones :roll: will save his ass!!

What a jackass

EDIT: Here it is, some folks think it's a Hoax, I dunno....

http://www.nearlygood.com/video/jimeverett.html

mraynrand
09-30-2006, 05:30 PM
[quote="MadtownPacker"]Thats sorry POS rome. Always trying to start trouble. Reminds me of someone I know. :mrgreen:

APB?

Rome: stir the pot, stir it good. Controversy keeps ratings up.

Terry
09-30-2006, 09:30 PM
Not only classy of Westbrook, but smart too. Why give your opponents anything to post on their bulletin board to help them get worked up for the game?

mngolf19
10-01-2006, 08:43 AM
This is all to be expected. What else is he gonna say? If I'm Rome and need ratings I try to pull something bad out of the guy. Westbrook just didn't play along. We all get bored listening to the same dreary "should be a good game" crap. Why else watch the show.

And the Everett thing, was set up by those two. Was not real, and brought Rome's show big publicity from then on.

Harlan Huckleby
10-01-2006, 08:50 AM
"a very talented young team" and that "are getting on a roll, its going to be a tough game"

hah! a little hard to think of a 1-game winning streak as a roll. Don't you need at least a couple picture frames to create movement?

MJZiggy
10-01-2006, 12:49 PM
Yes, Brian Dawkins made the same comment, almost word-for-word. I wonder if they believe what they're saying.

Partial
10-01-2006, 12:55 PM
No, they don't mean it. They just really don't want to give them any locker room material, as they say.

Terry
10-01-2006, 05:01 PM
No, they don't mean it. They just really don't want to give them any locker room material, as they say.

Oh, I dunno. With Westbrook, I suspect he did mean it AND didn't want to give them any locker room material.

mmmdk
10-01-2006, 07:01 PM
Dawkins too, he' always admired Favre. Dawkins even praised Favre after the Packer playoff loss. Classy guy.

MJZiggy
10-01-2006, 07:17 PM
Dawkins too, he' always admired Favre. Dawkins even praised Favre after the Packer playoff loss. Classy guy.

Thanks for letting me know that.