PDA

View Full Version : CHARLES WOODSON (update thread)

gbpackfan
03-30-2006, 04:48 PM
Well, as you all know, the biggest FA to come into town will be Charles Woodson. Last I heard he was suppose to come in today (thur.) but the visit got bumped back until tomorrow. Then, I read some rumors that his visit has been cancelled all together. What's going on?

jack's smirking revenge
03-30-2006, 04:53 PM
Well, as you all know, the biggest FA to come into town will be Charles Woodson. Last I heard he was suppose to come in today (thur.) but the visit got bumped back until tomorrow. Then, I read some rumors that his visit has been cancelled all together. What's going on?

I will be SUPREMELY bummed if the visit is cancelled altogether. I'd hate for us to have to settle for Ahmad Plummer. Does a team really need two Ahmads on their defense? Sounds like a lighting bolt of bad luck to me... :D

tyler

HarveyWallbangers
03-30-2006, 05:07 PM
If the visit got cancelled, I'll be pissed. That would likely mean that Woodson is off to Tampa Bay.

SoCalPackFan
03-30-2006, 05:20 PM
I thought Chucky and and Chucky didn't get along (based strictly on rumor).

FavreChild
03-30-2006, 06:22 PM
I just heard it reported that the visit is being rescheduled. Not gonna fully believe that w/out hearing the new time/date...

gbpackfan
03-30-2006, 06:46 PM
Favre Child,

Yeah, I heard that same rumor. That the visit was just move back a day or two. We will see.

MadtownPacker
03-30-2006, 07:40 PM
Favre Child,

Yeah, I heard that same rumor. That the visit was just move back a day or two. We will see.

Sounds like GB is his last place to visit?

gbpackfan
03-30-2006, 07:58 PM
This is killing me! The Packers Chatter forum is reporting that Woodson's visit was in fact cancelled. Now, this was reported by a fan and not a good source. But they claim to have heard it on NFL radio. However, I watched NFL access tonight and have been looking at KFFL.com for such an update. It is no where to be found. I just can't believe MM would have told reporters that they were serious in bringing in Woodson and then cancel the visit the very next day.

MJZiggy
03-30-2006, 08:24 PM
Would it have been the Packers that canceled it necessarily?

Charles Woodson
03-30-2006, 08:43 PM
Would it have been the Packers that canceled it necessarily?

TT just prob. didnt want to "Overspend" that much.

Damn i hate it :evil:

MJZiggy
03-30-2006, 08:45 PM
Hang on, before you get your boxers in a bunch, let's find out what happened.

gbpackfan
03-30-2006, 08:46 PM
Hey! Don't assume to visit is off. These are just RUMORS that I (and others) are reporting. Most of these rumors start in forums just like this one. Don't worry about yet, he probably is still coming.

GoPackGo
03-30-2006, 09:43 PM
theres a little truth behind every rumor

MJZiggy
03-30-2006, 09:47 PM
Question is, how little truth is behind this rumor.

gbpackfan
03-30-2006, 09:50 PM
I think the confussion set in when Woodson didnt come in today because his visit was RESCHEDULED. I guess you could say his visit was cancelled and then a new visit was scheduled. I don't really know what is true. However, if it was cancelled we should know shortly. JS Online updates it's website with new stories over the next couple of hours.

BF4MVP
03-30-2006, 11:19 PM
LOL amazing post, Ziggy..

HarveyWallbangers
03-30-2006, 11:29 PM
Jpopp,

What is the avartar exactly? I know it's a guy with a gas mask on, but what's in the background?

HarveyWallbangers
03-30-2006, 11:30 PM
LOL amazing post, Ziggy..

Ass kisser. Looking to lose your virginity?

No Mo Moss
03-31-2006, 12:35 AM
NFL radio reported that the visit was rescheduled but a date and time haven't been agreed on yet. They said nothing about it being cancelled.

gbpackfan
03-31-2006, 08:24 AM
The visit will happen early next week.

Source - GB Press Gazette

HarveyWallbangers
03-31-2006, 08:55 AM
Good and bad

Good: Tampa Bay obviously isn't making an offer that knocks his socks off. I think I read that they were up against the cap.
Bad: Why the hell does this keep getting pushed back?

MadtownPacker
03-31-2006, 08:58 AM
Good and bad

Good: Tampa Bay obviously isn't making an offer that knocks his socks off. I think I read that they were up against the cap.
Bad: Why the hell does this keep getting pushed back?

Maybe his agent is scambling for other offers?

Soudn like Woodson is gonna be in G&G to me.

jack's smirking revenge
03-31-2006, 09:40 AM
Soudn like Woodson is gonna be in G&G to me.

If anything, it sounds like he'll be in G&G by default because of lack of offers. I'd be OK with that. I'm not sure if he would though.

tyler