PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Alkie Drink

jack's smirking revenge
04-19-2006, 01:25 PM
So, what's your fav? Post your recipie (if applicable)...

tyler

p.s HA! Beat you to it, FavreChild! :D

jack's smirking revenge
04-19-2006, 01:26 PM
Passion Fruit Cosmopolitan or Margarita. I like the fruity stuff.

I have to admit that I just don't have a taste for beer. Drank too much of it when I was a college drunkard.

tyler

MJZiggy
04-19-2006, 02:17 PM
I like my Russians--color is unimportant. I know a white russian is Kahlua, vodka and cream, but don't know what's in black except the Kahlua.

I also like the fruities. I will always have a soft spot for a nice pina colada. rum, coconut cream and pineapple juice.

FavreChild
04-19-2006, 02:33 PM
Doesn't the Black Russian just skip the cream?

Oscar
04-19-2006, 02:34 PM
For me.. nothing beats an ice cold beer :D I never got int othe mixed drinks much. Jack and Coke if I someone offers. :wink:

FavreChild
04-19-2006, 02:40 PM
Call me crazy, but I have dubbed my favorite drink "the Megabomb." It's basically a triple Jaeger-bomb, sipped as a drink. Mix one whole can of Redbull/Rockstar and...I dunno...about 3-4 oz of Jaeger? I don't measure precisely. You can tell if you've got the right mix by the color. Serve in a frosted pint glass.

Meant to be a starter drink only - it really gets you going. NOT to be used as an all-night drink.

Yes, I know I have a problem. :wink:

Guiness
04-19-2006, 02:50 PM
alcohol and Rockstar *shudder* Isn't that kind of like a speedball (coke and junk)?

I drink my namesake, and whisky sours. Signapore slings in hotter climates.

MJZiggy
04-19-2006, 02:59 PM
Doesn't the Black Russian just skip the cream?
Ok. I'll take it either way. Just on a side note, if you ever have a serious back spasm (you can tell by the inability to move in any fashion without sudden, sharp, debilitating back pain), alcohol makes a decent muscle relaxant. Lie down in a position that doesn't hurt (hard to find) and sip something strong. In about an hour you should have limited mobility again.

Little Whiskey
04-19-2006, 03:13 PM
I drink my namesake, and whisky sours.

as long as that whiskey is spelled with and E with out the E it is just crap!!

Actually, when i'm drinking I usually drink beer. My fav is most anything made by Sprecher. If i'm drinking Macrobrew, its made by Miller. I'm very loyal. (guess that's just the nascar fan in me) I visited Busch Gardens in FL they give out samples, and i refused them! I won't drink anything imported from St Louis

I knew FC would have a rockstar drink on this list for me. Next time I'm out i'm trying one.

CyclonePackFan
04-19-2006, 03:20 PM
I'm a fan of Jager Bombs made with Rockstar, mostly because 1 8 oz Red Bull costs about $1.50 and makes two, while 1 16 oz Rockstar costs $0.99 and makes 4. Long Islands are slightly ahead due to the cost of Jager.

Went out for a friend's 21st on Monday night with a group, about 3 Long Islands and 7 shots in I was introduced to a little baby called 'Apple Pie', a shot made with reduced Apple Juice, Apple Cider, Cinnamon and Everclear. I have officially found a new favorite drink.

Pack0514
04-19-2006, 03:37 PM
For me its either Beer or I'll do a few strong Jack & Cokes or Rum & Cokes. It all depends on the situation.

billy_oliver880
04-19-2006, 03:58 PM
Can I say free?

Otherwise....I like spotted cow or just a cold mgd will do me good. If I want something hard...jack and coke.

MJZiggy
04-19-2006, 04:11 PM
I have a bottle of coconut rum I haven't cracked open yet. I wonder what happens if you mix it with Kahlua...

CyclonePackFan
04-19-2006, 04:14 PM
I have a bottle of coconut rum I haven't cracked open yet. I wonder what happens if you mix it with Kahlua...

I've always found that some good coconut rum goes well with pineapple juice. Get one or two of those, a little tiki umbrella, and a warm day and it kind of makes you feel like you're not stuck in the middle of the Midwest.

Harlan Huckleby
04-19-2006, 04:15 PM
I think my favorite drink is a pint of Shmirnoff vodka mixed with a super-sized diet coke from McDonalds. What you want to do is ask for an extra large cup of ice when you get to the drive through window, it makes mixing a lot of easier.

Those were the days......

MJZiggy
04-19-2006, 04:17 PM
OOooh. I happen to have some banana-strawberry-pineapple juice in the fridge. If I'm typing crooked later, you'll know why!! :oops: Has spring not sprung there yet?

CyclonePackFan
04-19-2006, 04:36 PM
Oh no, it's 68 here right now, we've gotten in the 80's already.

Heh, this is gonna be one hell of a weekend. My psycho Aero prof got called for jury duty on Friday (I pity the poor defendant, I'm sure if the death penalty was legal in Iowa, he'd push for it), so I have no class AT ALL on Friday. Combine the fact it's VEISHEA weekend and people from all over Iowa are gonna be descending on Ames, and it's already gonna be nuts.

I'd like to formally quote my professor today (picture a large, EXTREMELY cranky man in his mid-80's who constantly condescends to his students):

"We'll pick this up next time, assuming most of you survive your drunken orgy this weekend."
*entire class bursts out laughing*

Bossman641
04-19-2006, 05:01 PM
For me its either Beer or I'll do a few strong Jack & Cokes or Rum & Cokes. It all depends on the situation.

Bingo, same exact thing for me. Considering I'm in college the goal is normally to get as drunk as possible as quick as possible. If I'm in a hurry I'll just down some shots and then go to the bars and have whiskey and Cokes. Otherwise I'll sip on some whiskey and Cokes along with some beers. One night a week at this bar they serve something callled a Icebomb. Got about 6 different kinds of liquor in it and it'll fuck you up. That's what I'll be up to tonight.

Tyrone Bigguns
04-19-2006, 09:06 PM
Straight Jack on the rocks. Or a decent Irish Whiskey on the rocks (Tullamore Dew, Bushmills, etc.)

If alcohol is a crutch, then Jack Daniels is the wheelchair.

Guiness
04-19-2006, 09:10 PM

Coconut rum makes the best umbrella drinks!

A daquiri is 1oz coconut rum, 2oz white rum, 1oz lime juice and some powerdered sugar. Throw an umbrella and a piece of pineapple in there.

Or for a blender drink, 1oz coconut rum, 1oz vodka, scoop of vanilla ice cream, crushed ice and some 7up or sprite. Hit the liquify button!

Wow. I know these off the top of my head. Sad really. And CPF is right, it does go well with pineapple juice. I don't know how the kiwi and strawberry will affect it thou!

Ok, for this work, I get to post another couple of favs.
If I'm just sitting 'round drinking beer, it's Labatt's 50. A nice ale with some body.
A drink to warm you after coming in from the cold - B&B - Benedictine and Brandy!

K-town
04-19-2006, 09:28 PM
Favorite beverages
Wine: White zin, merlot, Eiswein
Tequila: Cabo Wabo Blue Agave, Patron Silver, Corralejo, Cazadores
Beer: Sol
Scotch: Glenlivet or GlenFiddich

CyclonePackFan
04-19-2006, 09:29 PM
Forgot an old favorite of mine: Sweetarts

Requires:

1 2-liter Sunkist (orange soda, whatever)
1 packet Cherry Kool-Aid
1 packet Grape Kool-Aid
1/2 bottle (appx. 375 mL) Bacardi or other rum

Pour out about 1/4 of Sunkist, so that it's filled to the top of the label on the 2-liter. Add Kool-Aid. Refill to original level with Bac. Shake well, wait (for the love of God, wait or you've got stained everything) and serve chilled.

Not exactly the manliest drink on the block, but it does taste exactly like it's moniker. Good for people who don't necessarily like the 'taste' of alcohol. Great warm-up drink, it's one of those that you don't realize is getting you intoximicated at first.

K-town
04-19-2006, 09:36 PM
Brain (or Bloody Brain)
Fill shot glass about 2/3 full with apple or strawberry schnapps
Next, a dash of lime vodka (shot glass should be mostly full by now).
The mixture hopefully looks like formaldehyde.
Pour Baileys Irish Cream over a straw into the shot glass.
The cream should float on the surface.
Finally, add a couple of drops of grenadine - this should sink the coagulated cream into the depths of the shot glass, and the end result should look like a "bloody brain."
Enjoy. A drink with texture.

Iron Mike
04-19-2006, 10:46 PM
1. Get a Tom Collins glass

2. Add ice

3. Mix in: 4 oz. gin, 4 oz. vodka, 1/8 oz. Rose's lime juice

4. Fill the rest up with sour mix, 7-Up, whatever you please.

5. Garnish with maraschino cherry, lemon slice, lime.....yeah.

6. Drink 8-10 of these and you'll suffer dain bramage :razz:

In Fond du Lac, these are called S.B.s.....Suffering Bastards

In Oshkosh, these are called S.P.s.....Super Pissers

In either case it's a drink where you drink like three 'cuz they taste good, and then you realize you're wasted.

GrnBay007
04-19-2006, 10:55 PM

2. Add ice

In either case it's a drink where you drink like three 'cuz they taste good, and then you realize you're wasted.

That damn cherry garnish will get you every time!! :razz:

MJZiggy
04-19-2006, 10:59 PM
Scotch: Glenlivet or GlenFiddich

I just have to smell the fumes of hubby's scotch and I get a little woozy. By the way if you like zin and merlot, how do you feel about a nice shiraz? Beyond zin, Yellow Tail shiraz is a favorite.

Iron Mike
04-19-2006, 11:07 PM

2. Add ice

Yep. Nothing to do with that drink that's like a gin and tonic and vodka gimlet mix..... :cool:

GrnBay007
04-19-2006, 11:28 PM

2. Add ice

Yep. Nothing to do with that drink that's like a gin and tonic and vodka gimlet mix..... :cool:

ouch.....back in the day it was a Tanqueray gin gimlet w/ olive juice.

GBRulz
04-19-2006, 11:47 PM
Zig, I used to drink Malibu with cranberry juice, but pineapple juice is good, too.

My drink of choice depends....if I'm outside, and it's nice out, there is nothing I'd rather have than a Corona with a lime.

and hey, I LOVE Vodka Gimlets.

I can never pass up a good spicey bloody mary, either :)

MadtownPacker
04-20-2006, 05:15 AM
Tequila, straight out the bottle or in a cup. No need for mixing it with anything.

Little Whiskey
04-20-2006, 08:26 AM
Mad, i used to work with a guy that was from mexico. I think he had just recently crossed the river. He would talk about drinking tekillya, like most people talk about drinking beer. granted this guy was as big as a house, but that is one thing i stay away from, even the smell gives me a cause of the ya ya's.
It was a buddies b-day and we decided to go down the La Perla's (in Milwaukee, on National.) I think in order to work there you must be related to the guy mentioned above, cause i have never had a Margarrittas as strong. After the multi pitchers of Marg. we decided to test each others manhood by doing shots of 1800. Our girlfriends (now wives) had to carry us out of the place. It was a long cold ride home with my head out of the window. since that day, i have never had a sip, and once i saw the tab, i had to eat romin noodles for 2 months in order to cover the c.c. bill

FavreChild
04-20-2006, 04:06 PM
What was the line from The Simpsons?

"To alcohol: the cause of...and solution to....all of life's problems."

Ah, yes. That's it.

hurleyfan
04-20-2006, 04:19 PM
:lol: Mostly enjoy nice cold Brews (like the micro's). But really enjoy Manhattan's!

CyclonePackFan
04-20-2006, 04:52 PM
What was the line from The Simpsons?

"To alcohol: the cause of...and solution to....all of life's problems."

Ah, yes. That's it.

Such a good quote...

CyclonePackFan
04-20-2006, 05:04 PM
On an unrelated note, is it wierd that I kind of want to get that $1000 Mint Julep they're gonna be selling at the Kentucky Derby? Granted, there's no way I'd pull the trigger and actually get it if I could even afford to get to and be at the Derby...but still...makes you wonder how good it could be...

FavreChild
04-20-2006, 05:07 PM
Yeah, or the $200 hurricane from Pat O'Brians. That thing is AWESOME. You don't feel as highbrow as the folks drinking the $1,000 mint julep, of course.

CyclonePackFan
04-20-2006, 05:14 PM
Holy hell...

I had a friend tell me about it and thought he was joking, but I guess it's serious.

There's such a thing as a "Martini on the rock" sold at the Algonquin hotel in New York. The price tag: up to $1,000,000. The kicker is when they say "on the rock", they're referring to the big F'n diamond that's at the bottom of the glass.

MJZiggy
04-20-2006, 06:20 PM
Zig, I used to drink Malibu with cranberry juice, but pineapple juice is good, too.

For the record, it has to be straight pineapple. It loses something with the banana and strawberry in there.

Oscar
04-20-2006, 07:55 PM
I like Beer... Sometimes I'm high... And sometimes It makes me feel mellow. Help me here Whiskey...I justa need to hear a..... Makes Me feel....Meeeellllooowwww........ :D

Bossman641
04-20-2006, 11:22 PM
I just wanna say Happy Drinking to everyone toni9ght. Whiskey and Coke has me feeling mighty good. Fuck Jack, I roll with Evan

CyclonePackFan
04-21-2006, 01:07 AM
I just wanna say Happy Drinking to everyone toni9ght. Whiskey and Coke has me feeling mighty good. Fuck Jack, I roll with Evan

Dammit my drinking buddies all had too much homework to do tonight. I did get a chance to be amused by a frosh girl whom I don't think ever drank before.

"Let's try mixing Peach Schnapps and Guiness"

I hope she liked how it looks, because I can almost guarantee she'll be seeing it twice tonight...

I'll just have to get smashed after I go see Dave Attell tomorrow night. I'm sure he'll put me in a drinking mood.

Little Whiskey
04-21-2006, 07:51 AM
I like Beer... Sometimes I'm high... And sometimes It makes me feel mellow. Help me here Whiskey...I justa need to hear a..... Makes Me feel....Meeeellllooowwww........ :D

I believe your looking for Tom T Hall.

I like beer It makes me a jolly good fellow
I like beer It helps me unwind and sometime it makes me feel mellow
Whiskeys too rough
Champaign cost too much
vodka puts my mouth in gear
This little refrain should help me explain
as a matter of fact I like beer

I know it belongs in the song thread, but this is a great drinking song. Maybe the king of Song threads should start one about "best Drinking Songs" I don't think you can beat country music for a good ole drinking song. There is a song by Jerry Lee Lewis, What's Made milwaukee Famous Made a Loser out of me.

Harlan Huckleby
04-21-2006, 08:50 AM
Cocaine don't make me crazy,
champagne don't make me lazy.
Ain't nobody's business but my own.

Candy is dandy, but liquor is quicker.
You can drink all the liquor down in Costa Rica.
Ain't nobody's business but my own.

Taj Mahal

MadtownPacker
04-21-2006, 11:10 AM
Mad, i used to work with a guy that was from mexico. I think he had just recently crossed the river. He would talk about drinking tekillya, like most people talk about drinking beer. granted this guy was as big as a house, but that is one thing i stay away from, even the smell gives me a cause of the ya ya's.
It was a buddies b-day and we decided to go down the La Perla's (in Milwaukee, on National.) I think in order to work there you must be related to the guy mentioned above, cause i have never had a Margarrittas as strong. After the multi pitchers of Marg. we decided to test each others manhood by doing shots of 1800. Our girlfriends (now wives) had to carry us out of the place. It was a long cold ride home with my head out of the window. since that day, i have never had a sip, and once i saw the tab, i had to eat romin noodles for 2 months in order to cover the c.c. bill

HAHA good story!! Tekillya huh? I think it is great, but please leave the Margaritas for the senoritas!! The hombres dont play that!! :razz:

Charles Woodson
04-21-2006, 03:19 PM

I've always found that some good coconut rum goes well with pineapple juice. Get one or two of those, a little tiki umbrella, and a warm day and it kind of makes you feel like you're not stuck in the middle of the Midwest.

Ha ha, the funny part, is i dont live there :razz: lol yeah even tho i may not be able to legally drink, ive had most of the things uve said. although i still prefer Bacardi and coke

CyclonePackFan
04-21-2006, 03:50 PM

Ha ha, the funny part, is i dont live there :razz: lol yeah even tho i may not be able to legally drink, ive had most of the things uve said. although i still prefer Bacardi and coke

Yeah, you actually can go to a beach, you lucky bastard. :wink: The nearest thing to a "beach" I've got is about 360 miles away at Lake Michigan. It's all good though, I've got about a liter of UV Blue and about 20 oz of Schnapps I need to get rid of before Finals Week...should make for some good pregaming before hitting the bars tonight.

Charles Woodson
04-21-2006, 03:58 PM
Yea i may be able to go to beaches but u can go to bars. Hell maybe if i was about 4 years older i could probly but at 14 i dont think theyll let me :roll: Damn

Bossman641
04-21-2006, 03:59 PM

Yeah, you actually can go to a beach, you lucky bastard. :wink: The nearest thing to a "beach" I've got is about 360 miles away at Lake Michigan. It's all good though, I've got about a liter of UV Blue and about 20 oz of Schnapps I need to get rid of before Finals Week...should make for some good pregaming before hitting the bars tonight.

UV Blue? Come on man you can go harder than that. How do you like Iowa St? I applied there but was never really serious about going there. just wanted to see how much money they'd give me.

CyclonePackFan
04-21-2006, 04:16 PM

UV Blue? Come on man you can go harder than that. How do you like Iowa St? I applied there but was never really serious about going there. just wanted to see how much money they'd give me.

The Blue is left over from a friend who came to visit. The Schnapps is 101 proof, so I feel a little better about that one. I think there are a couple of places that have good cheap Long Islands tonight, along with $2.50 Jager Bombs.

I love going to school at ISU. Good atmosphere, small enough to be safe, large enough to find something to do. Wisconsin didn't have my major, so I was between Minnesota, Purdue and Iowa St. I didn't like the part of the Cities the U of M was at, Purdue reminded me a lot of Eau Claire, but only offered me a $500 scholarship, and I couldn't bring myself to go to a school that would play against Wisconsin. I came here, got shown the two brand-new buildings I'd be taking classes in, got a good scholarship offer, and I knew where I wanted to go.

Now if only we had a GOOD football team... (BTW for any Badgers/Badger Alums out there thanks a lot for Jamie Pollard, the man's a godsend).

Charles Woodson
04-21-2006, 04:22 PM
What age did everyone start drinking? Is it something i should Really avoid more till im older?

Iron Mike
04-21-2006, 05:53 PM
What age did everyone start drinking? Is it something i should Really avoid more till im older?

As soon as I popped out of the womb my Mom gave me a mojito.......

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/mike_zankle/mojito.jpg

Tyrone Bigguns
04-21-2006, 06:36 PM

Sometime around 13 or 14. I would stay away from alcohol....concentrate on the hard drugs. :twisted:

Charles Woodson
04-21-2006, 06:40 PM

Sometime around 13 or 14. I would stay away from alcohol....concentrate on the hard drugs. :twisted:

Haa. I belive im gana take a pass on the hard ones

MJZiggy
04-21-2006, 07:31 PM

Probably. Here are two very different takes:

http://www.alcoholconcern.org.uk/files/20051124_143141_young%20people%20factsheet%20-%20updated%20Nov%202005.pdf
http://www2.potsdam.edu/hansondj/YouthIssues/1044360300.html

MJZiggy
04-24-2006, 09:50 AM
After considerable experimentation, I would like to offer that if you like sweet drinks, combining coconut rum and Berries & Cream Dr. Pepper yields a very interesting result.

Little Whiskey
04-24-2006, 11:46 AM
why is it that as the night goes on your mixed drinks get lighter and lighter. the stiff drink you the bartender mixed you as your first drink, by the end on the night has become as weak as water!!!

or if your at home making your own. each time you grab that bottle it gets more and more top heavy with each drink!!

GBRulz
04-24-2006, 05:03 PM
Breaking news.... Leini's Berry Weiss is on the shelves!!! (It's a seasonal beer). I had my first honey bear last night and was in heaven!!

A honey bear is half Berry and half Honey Weiss. it's AWESOME !

MJZiggy
04-24-2006, 05:05 PM
Well THAT will be worth a trip to the local yuppie wine & beer store.

Little Whiskey
04-24-2006, 08:05 PM
Breaking news.... Leini's Berry Weiss is on the shelves!!! (It's a seasonal beer). I had my first honey bear last night and was in heaven!!

i like lieni's, however berryweis is nothing more than a wine cooler. its kinda the beer for people who don't really like beer. beer isn't ment to be sweet. thats my take.

kinda like at the last nascar race i attended. (MIS). the skoal team brought down a big trailer with racing artifacts and other skoal racing stuff. at the end of the tour you are able to get free samples. well the newest product line is berry flavored chew. if that isn't aimed at getting newbies to start i don't know what is. I think it is terrible habit and tastes like crap, but even i could keep a dip in for a while when it tastes like cool-aid.

jack's smirking revenge
04-24-2006, 08:42 PM
After considerable experimentation, I would like to offer that if you like sweet drinks, combining coconut rum and Berries & Cream Dr. Pepper yields a very interesting result.

I'm addicted to the berries and cream Dr. Pepper right now, which is a really bad thing. Too much soda is making me fat.

tyler

jack's smirking revenge
04-24-2006, 08:45 PM
Whiskey, all of a sudden you have my utmost respect. I'm sitting here in a hotel room in Chi-town on a business trip and all I could find for alcohol (heck if I'm paying $5.00 a bottle for a beer and more than that for a good mixed drink at the bar) was a flask of Jack in the Marketplace section of Marshall Field's of a nearby mall (god bless Marshall Field's). Bought some Coke and set myself up. Being a fruity drink guy, I haven't had much tolerance for Jack & Coke and I still don't. Man it's icky. Hats off to all you f'ers who actually LIKE Jack & Coke! You'se a whole 'nother breed.

tyler

Iron Mike
04-24-2006, 09:36 PM
(heck if I'm paying $5.00 a bottle for a beer and more than that for a good mixed drink at the bar)

I paid $6.50 for a pint of Smithwick's at an Irish pub in Glen Ellyn on the weekend. :evil:

<==glad to be back in Wisconsin where a $1.00 pint can STILL be found. :razz:

GBRulz
04-24-2006, 11:34 PM

i like lieni's, however berryweis is nothing more than a wine cooler. its kinda the beer for people who don't really like beer. beer isn't ment to be sweet. thats my take.

kinda like at the last nascar race i attended. (MIS). the skoal team brought down a big trailer with racing artifacts and other skoal racing stuff. at the end of the tour you are able to get free samples. well the newest product line is berry flavored chew. if that isn't aimed at getting newbies to start i don't know what is. I think it is terrible habit and tastes like crap, but even i could keep a dip in for a while when it tastes like cool-aid.

True Whiskey, I think the Berry is too sweet. Thats why I like it half and half with the Honey. You should try it, although I doubt you'll see any Leini Lodges set up on the Nascar circuit....but I bet I could find a Pabst somewhere :wink:

GBRulz
04-24-2006, 11:36 PM
JSM - you're in Chicago and paying $5 for a beer? That's pretty cheap, especially for a hotel!

And ditto on the Berries & Cream Dr. Pepper. Try the diet though. Dr. P is the one soda where I actually prefer their diet vs regular.

MJZiggy
07-05-2006, 09:52 AM

Saw an article yesterday that reminded me of this discussion.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/07/04/health/04teen.html?ex=1152244800&en=ab225685d525c153&ei=5087%0A

woodbuck27
07-07-2006, 02:06 PM
A nice cold 'Dark and Stormy'.

That's good quality Dark Caribbean or Bermudan ie Black Seal Rum poured in a glass, packed with crushed ice and toped to fiz. with quality ginger beer.

First one, then another, than another and so on because they are so good. . . and then in the sack with a woman with skills.

Another favourite with a proven record is a drink called. .
'Between the sheets'. Women love this one. The ingredients are costly though but the taste and . . . ' the TASTE ', far exceeds a Zombie.

Oh yeaa !

Little Whiskey
07-07-2006, 02:10 PM
A nice cold 'Dark and Stormy'.

That's good quality Dark Caribbean or Bermudan ie Black Seal Rum poured in a glass, packed with crushed ice and toped to fiz. with quality ginger beer.

First one, then another, than another and so on because they are so good. . . and then in the sack with a woman with skills.

Another favourite with a proven record is a drink called. .
'Between the sheets'. Women love this one. The ingredients are costly though but the taste and . . . ' the TASTE ', far exceeds a Zombie.

Oh yeaa !

woody, you need to post reciept not just names. how the hell, am i supposed to know what is in a "between the sheets" or a zombie. :mrgreen:

Mazzin
07-07-2006, 02:18 PM
I love coronas! Also some damned vodka and oragne juice is just SO GOOD!

Partial
07-07-2006, 02:19 PM
Tequila, straight out the bottle or in a cup. No need for mixing it with anything.

hoooWHAHHHH!! That shit is not playing around.

AtlPackFan
07-07-2006, 02:41 PM
Did anyone mention and Old-Fashioned? C'mon people, your from Wisconsin...your all suppose to be addicted to Old Fashioned's. Below is a recipie from drinkoftheweek.com. See the Wisconsin mention!

Old Fashioned
More popular than cheese in Wisconsin

2 oz. Brandy or Whiskey
dash Angostura Bitters
3 oz. Squirt or Grapefruit Soda
Maraschino Cherry
Garnish with Lemon & Orange Slices

Mix with ice in an Old-fashioned (Rocks) glass, or a shaker for larger quantities. Add cherry and garnish.
Bitters can be substituted for store bought Old-Fashioned Mix.
Use 7UP for a sweeter drink.

AtlPackFan
07-07-2006, 02:48 PM
Your not suppose to mix ANYTHING with Jack Daniels. It's a sipping Whiskey and is meant to be sipped...you know, or chugged....not added to a mixer to dilute its wonderful flavor. That goes for Early Times, Jim Beam, Johnny Walker, Maker's Mark or any other fine alcohol based libation. (hic...) :-)

AtlPackFan
07-07-2006, 02:59 PM
OK, now that I am done preaching... :mrgreen:

My favorite beer is Bass Ale but I love the stuff from the small Micro-Breweries. Is Point beer still around? I know Leine's is right? They do have some pretty good micro's around Atlanta.

I don't know if I have a favorite alcoholic beverage...I drink Tanqeray and Tonics and Old Fashioned's (of course). That's about it...I hate the fruity stuff.

On the encouragement of my doctor, I am drinking more wine. Of course I think that whole tannins, red wine stuff is BS but heh, when the Doctor says drink, who am I to say no? I find I like the dry reds more than anything but other than that I don't know much about the stuff...I drink what taste good to me.

(Sorry about the multiple POSTs...I'm trying to get enough in to change my "rat" moniker and so I can apply to the "Garbage Can". :wink:

Little Whiskey
07-07-2006, 03:04 PM
(Sorry about the multiple POSTs...I'm trying to get enough in to change my "rat" moniker and so I can apply to the "Garbage Can". :wink:

start your own blog....you should get to 200 in no time at all!! :mrgreen:

AtlPackFan
07-07-2006, 03:17 PM
Also some damned vodka and oragne juice is just SO GOOD!

Of course, if you add Southern Comfort and Slow Gin to the Vodka and OJ mixture, you know what you've got, right? A Slow Comfortable Screw! But you probably don't want to do that...you'll end up with another "Uh, oh" post. :mrgreen:

Badgepack
07-07-2006, 03:19 PM
I will be in the Madison area next week, first thing I will order will be a Spotted Cow.

MJZiggy
07-07-2006, 04:13 PM

start your own blog....you should get to 200 in no time at all!! :mrgreen:

He's over 90 days, I thought it was either/or.

Iron Mike
07-07-2006, 04:51 PM
I will be in the Madison area next week, first thing I will order will be a Spotted Cow.

Dude, if you're in the Madison area next week, the New Glarus Brewery is only about 1/2 hour away!!!

http://www.newglarusbrewing.com/tour.html#directions

Badgepack
07-07-2006, 04:55 PM
Thanks for the heads up Iron Mike. I know the area very well. If time permits it would be nice to check out the brewery, if not, I'll just enjoy the products. Can't wait to be back in the old stompin' grounds. Golfing at the Springs is another for sure thing.

Iron Mike
07-07-2006, 04:56 PM
Also some damned vodka and orange juice is just SO GOOD!

Why mess around with a screwdriver when you could be drinkin' an Alabama Slammer???

Alabama Slammer Recipe

Rating: 90 % (of 1298 votes)
Ingredients: 1.0 oz Amaretto
3.0 oz Orange juice
1.0 oz Sloe gin
1.0 oz Southern Comfort

Directions: Fill a mixing glass with crushed ice. Add sloe gin, Southern Comfort, amaretto, and orange juice. Shake and strain into shot glasses. Makes about 4 shots.

Iron Mike
07-07-2006, 05:06 PM

<==drank too much Monte Alban after "Urban Cowboy" came out.

http://www.bartonbrands.com/export/images/monte.jpg

I could still probably down a salty chihuahua or two ot six!!!!

MadtownPacker
07-07-2006, 06:16 PM
YEAH!! Thats what IM talking bout playas! Skip the sweet shit, dont mix anything. That is like putting hay in a joint.

Whatever it is, out the bottle in a paper bag. Take a damn drink before you even put the keys in the ignition. :mrgreen:

the_idle_threat
07-07-2006, 10:46 PM
Straight Jack on the rocks. Or a decent Irish Whiskey on the rocks (Tullamore Dew, Bushmills, etc.)

Two excellent Irish Whiskeys! I like both of them better than the 3rd major player---Jameson's.

Straight booze on the rocks is the way to go. :smile:

Knob Creek is better than Jack's IMO, although look out---it's 100 proof.

Scotch is nice ... a true "Scotch snob" drinks it straight, with maybe a bit of water---not cold on the rocks. I am not such a snob. On the rocks is fine ... who wants a warm drink?

Glenlivet and Glenfiddich are the ones you can find at most any Pick'n Save, but some other good ones to try if you can find them are Highland Park, Oban, Lagavulin & Talisker.

And of course, the Brandy Old Fashioned & Brandy Manhattan are staples, with Korbel Brandy for best results. :mrgreen:

As you might guess, with all this taste for liquor, I almost never get around to drinking beer!

MJZiggy
07-07-2006, 10:54 PM
Scotch is nice ... a true "Scotch snob" drinks it straight, with maybe a bit of water---not cold on the rocks. I am not such a snob. On the rocks is fine ... who wants a warm drink?

Glenlivet and Glenfiddich are the ones you can find at most any Pick'n Save, but some other good ones to try if you can find them are Highland Park, Oban, Lagavulin & Talisker.

Why bother with the ice? Your nose will be warm and your throat will be hot by the time it gets down anyway. :smile:

There's another brand that's quite nice that you didn't mention but I can't think of the name of it right now. It was along the same lines as Talisker. Paint thinner with a woody finish.

the_idle_threat
07-07-2006, 11:09 PM
I think I prefer the ice because I'm accustomed to a cold drink. Then I sip it, and let it warm while savoring the taste. Sometimes I do the warm-with-water trick, and very occasionally sip it warm 'n straight.

Depends on the occasion.

There was one more brand I was thinking of too, whose name I could not remember, but I found it here (http://www.scotchwhisky.com/english/about/malts/regislay.htm) : Laphroaig. Also a good one!

MJZiggy
07-08-2006, 07:59 AM
That's really cool, but it was Laphroig I was trying to think of last night.

Green Bud Packer
07-11-2006, 10:33 AM
give me a shot of wild turkey and a pbr and i'm a happy camper.roll a doob and i'm a happier camper.

woodbuck27
07-11-2006, 12:41 PM

Haha! Those were the days.

I once drank Tequila for four days one night. Ripped!!!

Didn't even recognize close friends out that night, and tipped glasses of water at the table, for two more. The fourth day - I started to recover.

woodbuck27
07-11-2006, 01:01 PM
"woody, you need to post reciept not just names. how the hell, am i supposed to know what is in a "between the sheets" or a zombie." Little Whiskey

OK Sir:

Between The Sheets 1 ounce brandy; 1 ounce light rum; 1 ounce Cointreau; 1/2 ounce lemon juice - and for a variation you can add anything with chocolat - that has some alcohol content 'of course'.

I'll warn you - they used to be yesterdays almost but 'not as stupid' version to estacy 'the blackout drug' Rotten - that any women would ever give that to a man.

Dam but the women love this drink Between The Sheets - Of course, you have to have $ the bucks $ - to afford the ingredients. Tank might say, it's all about that. HaHa.

A ZOMBIE - There seems to be a million-and-one Zombie drink recipes. Now you are really 'in the money' and are certainly a fine shopper, if you can mix these for anyone, and don't go on 'the cheap'.

Ready? Here are two of - the many recipies, Little Whiskey.

Don the Beachcomber Zombie

1 ounce unsweetened pineapple juice
1 ounce fresh lemon juice
1 ounce fresh lime juice
1 ounce passion fruit syrup
1 teaspoon brown sugar
dash angostura bitters
1 ounce gold puerto rican rum
1 ounce 151 demerara rum
1 ounce white puerto rican rum

Dissolve sugar in lemon juice. Shake everything well with crushed ice and pour into collins glass. Garnish with mint sprig.

Trader Vic’s Zombie

1 ounce silver rum
1 ounce dark rum
1.5 ounces orange juice
1 ounce lemon juice
1/4 ounce lime juice
1/4 ounce grenadine
1 ounce orange curacao
1 cup crushed ice
1 sprig mint, for garnish

Combine the rums, orange juice, lemon juice, lime juice, grenadine, orange curacao and crushed ice in an electric blender and pulse for a few seconds, just until combined. Pour into the glass and garnish with the mint sprig.

YOUR ALL SET ! Practise - safe sex. :mrgreen:

woodbuck27
07-11-2006, 02:06 PM
"YEAH!! Thats what IM talking bout playas! Skip the sweet shit, dont mix anything. That is like putting hay in a joint. " MadtownPacker

Hey your da MAN ! That is so funny :mrgreen: X 100. . and . .
what would Jimi H. think?

Here's one just for YOU - fr. . .' the Maritime's - Party Central ':

If you's decide to take on this mission. Smack this back - ASAP! If it doesn't set you on yer ass, your already too drunk to drink, and you need pizza.

This drink is named - At Death's Door

It's sort of . . a RUM Drink. Eh !!

Recipe for - At Death's Door

Scale ingredients to servings (now this here recipe - is for one person)

1 tbsp bourbon whiskey
2 oz anejo rum
2 oz gold rum
2 oz Jamaican dark rum
4 oz 151 proof rum
2 oz RedRum® rum
2 oz spiced rum
2 oz white rum
2 - 3 cans 7-Up® soda
3 oz grenadine syrup
3/4 can passion-fruit juice
2 scoops ice
4 tsp sugar cubes

Add all ingredients except sugar cubes and bourbon into a chilled pitcher and mix. Add the ice last.

To finish take the four sugar cubes melt them together to form one large cube, (Screw that Mad - just add ice to please ya.)

- take the table spoon of bourbon pour onto sugar cube light it (carefully - drag your beard out of the way) and set it on top of the Ice in the pitcher.

Drink it out of the pitcher.Screw the glass.

Julia a Maritimer 'Lady' - said this:

"No one drinks like a Canadian, no Canadian drinks like a Maritimer, no Maritimer drinks like a Cape Bretoner!"

Of course, she hails fr. Cape Breton ,Nova Scotia, in the Maritimes - Canada.

I don't believe her.

Fosco33
07-11-2006, 02:12 PM
YEAH!! Thats what IM talking bout playas! Skip the sweet shit, dont mix anything. That is like putting hay in a joint.

Whatever it is, out the bottle in a paper bag. Take a damn drink before you even put the keys in the ignition. :mrgreen:

Heck yeah! I like Cabo, 1800, Patron or Herradura straight up. :D

Partial
06-13-2007, 02:36 PM
mmmm brandy old fashion.

Partial
06-13-2007, 02:38 PM

Two excellent Irish Whiskeys! I like both of them better than the 3rd major player---Jameson's.

And of course, the Brandy Old Fashioned & Brandy Manhattan are staples, with Korbel Brandy for best results. :mrgreen:

As you might guess, with all this taste for liquor, I almost never get around to drinking beer!

Is that good brandy? That is what I use and its very inexpensive. It gets the job done.

MJZiggy
06-13-2007, 02:38 PM
Drowning your sorrows?

packinpatland
06-13-2007, 02:41 PM
I like a good bordeaux..............straight up.
But then again, any wine that doesn't have a twist top is ok too. :wink:

Partial
06-13-2007, 02:45 PM
Drowning your sorrows?

Not really. It's just beautiful out and I have a ton of booze left from Anna's going away party. I've actually been drinking a cocktail every night before bed lately.

Partial
06-13-2007, 02:56 PM
I like a good bordeaux..............straight up.
But then again, any wine that doesn't have a twist top is ok too. :wink:

I take it you're not a fan of the MadDog 20/20? :lol:

packinpatland
06-13-2007, 03:04 PM
I take it you're not a fan of the MadDog 20/20?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm no wine snob, but without a cork, don't bother to pour it.

Kiwon
06-13-2007, 04:40 PM
Holy Thread Resurrection, Batman!

Dormant for almost a year and suddenly springs back to life. Cicada-like.

http://static.flickr.com/25/66121325_5658782976_m.jpg

Partial
06-13-2007, 10:13 PM
What should I drink?

edit:

I am going tropical due to the warm weather and a huge, random bar.

1 oz coconut rum
1/2 oz amaretto almond liqueur
4 oz orange juice
1/2 oz grenadine syrup
is first on the list.

Partial
06-13-2007, 10:31 PM
1 1/2 oz vodka
1 1/2 oz peach schnapps
1/2 glass orange juice
1/2 glass cranberry juice

Partial
06-13-2007, 10:52 PM
1 1/2 oz vodka
1 1/2 oz peach schnapps
1 oz lime juice
orange juice
7-Up® soda

Freak Out
06-13-2007, 11:36 PM
I take it you're not a fan of the MadDog 20/20?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm no wine snob, but without a cork, don't bother to pour it.

Please.........nothing wrong with a screw cap. Have you ever had wine with cork taint?

Freak Out
06-13-2007, 11:43 PM

John Power Gold is not bad, Red Breast single malt is top notch...both Irish. Speaking of whiskey.....if you can find the Pendleton 20 year old buy a bottle, it is a Hood River Oregon Distillery that made a batch of Canadian style whiskey that is outstanding. A good buy even at $80.

GrnBay007
06-13-2007, 11:47 PM
A good buy even at $80.

:shock:

That'd be the day I spend $80 on something that will make me feel icky the next day! :P

Bretsky
06-13-2007, 11:53 PM
sex on the beach shot is good

Freak Out
06-14-2007, 12:06 AM
A good buy even at $80.

:shock:

That'd be the day I spend $80 on something that will make me feel icky the next day! :P

You don't pound this stuff. You sit back in the evening and enjoy a glass. It really is good. If you were here I'd pour you a bit and you would see.

Freak Out
06-14-2007, 12:08 AM
sex on the beach shot is good

Sex on the beach is good, especially after a few drinks. :)

packinpatland
06-14-2007, 06:42 AM
[
"Please.........nothing wrong with a screw cap. Have you ever had wine with cork taint?
[/quote]

No, I haven't, just been lucky, I guess.
Maybe I am a snob, there's just something about 'unscrewing' a bottle of wine.......... :doh:
I'm really into the Russian River wines right now, that part of Sonoma has done great things lately.

With the weather the way it's been lately here on the East Coast.........cold....something like a hot toddy sounds real good.

MadtownPacker
06-14-2007, 09:27 AM
It really is good. If you were here I'd pour you a bit and you would see.Any chance you can show Bretsky how to use smooth techniques like this instead of lezzy refererences? :mrgreen:

GrnBay007
06-14-2007, 09:14 PM
It really is good. If you were here I'd pour you a bit and you would see.Any chance you can show Bretsky how to use smooth techniques like this instead of lezzy refererences? :mrgreen:

LOL ..that would be nice!! But hey, lets admit, B without his lezzy reference is like the Pack without Green and Gold. ....something is just not right...lol :P

the_idle_threat
06-15-2007, 03:05 AM

Is that good brandy? That is what I use and its very inexpensive. It gets the job done.

Korbel? I like it. It's good mid-shelf stuff. Good enough for me. :)

digitaldean
06-15-2007, 10:16 AM
As for wine, I always like a good Australian Shiraz.

For booze, Bacardi and Coke, 7 and 7.

For odd concoctions, there's one I tried that will hammer you after 2-3. The name may be different in other areas, but the bar I was at called it a Vulcan Mind Probe.

1 shot each of:
Vodka,
Rum,
Gin,
White Tequila,

A splash of Triple Sec, Lime Juice and 7-up.

Or a California Root Beer which has Coke, Galliano (italian liqueur that comes in a very tall skinny bottle), Vodka and Kahlua.

Badgepack
06-15-2007, 10:57 AM
The Purple Drank

Little Whiskey
06-17-2007, 10:04 PM
MGD. its already mixed. you just have to crack it open and enjoy

Iron Mike
06-18-2007, 09:34 PM
It's Summer again. Mojito time!!

http://imagesource.art.com/images/-/Nancy-Overton/Mojito--C10141641.jpeg

Iron Mike
09-11-2007, 10:47 PM
Leaves are starting to fall here. I had a Leinie's Oktoberfest at the pub last week.
http://www.leinie.com/images/beers/oktoberfest_page.jpg

Freak Out
09-11-2007, 11:45 PM
Leaves are starting to fall here. I had a Leinie's Oktoberfest at the pub last week.

That looks good. Nothing like a classic Oktoberfest.

LaFours
09-12-2007, 12:27 PM

Amen to that.

Badgerinmaine
09-12-2007, 12:41 PM
Why mess around with a screwdriver when you could be drinkin' an Alabama Slammer???

Alabama Slammer Recipe

Rating: 90 % (of 1298 votes)
Ingredients: 1.0 oz Amaretto
3.0 oz Orange juice
1.0 oz Sloe gin
1.0 oz Southern Comfort

Directions: Fill a mixing glass with crushed ice. Add sloe gin, Southern Comfort, amaretto, and orange juice. Shake and strain into shot glasses. Makes about 4 shots.

My favorite mixed drink is a similar one I found in a drink book years ago: The Sloe Comfortable Screw Against The Wall :wink: Take out the amaretto and put in a bit less Galliano (or a cheaper equivalent; Galliano is spendy). Growing up in Wisconsin, I like beer too, and we have some good brewpubs out here in Maine. I'm bigger on malty than hoppy, so I'm bigger on Bocks, Nut Brown Ales, etc. more than something more bitter like an India Pale Ale. It all depends on my mood--I can enjoy anything from an oatmeal stout or porter to a Miller Lite.

Badgerinmaine
09-12-2007, 12:43 PM

Amen to that.

Leinie's has so many good varietals. I always liked their Red. Until this year, I couldn't get any of them out here in Maine but a number of stores carried their summer Weiss this year.

MadtownPacker
09-12-2007, 12:50 PM
You ladies are too pretty with your drinks. Maybe someday you will drink like men out of shot glasses.

MJZiggy
09-12-2007, 12:56 PM
Nah, you guys seem to like us when we drink pretty...

MadtownPacker
09-12-2007, 01:22 PM
I wasn't talking to you metiche. I was telling these "ladies" how sweet they are putting flowers in their drinks. :x

BallHawk
09-12-2007, 05:38 PM

Amen to that.

Leinie's has so many good varietals. I always liked their Red. Until this year, I couldn't get any of them out here in Maine but a number of stores carried their summer Weiss this year.

We've had the same thing happen here. The local supermarket has started stocking Berry Weiss, Honey Weiss, Creamy Dark, and just the original. They actually had Summer Shandy for two weeks in the summer. I don't know if they're going to be shipping out Oktoberfest, though.

Freak Out
09-12-2007, 05:59 PM

Amen to that.

I have never seen it in Alaska...which is not surprising because we have so many great Alaskan and west coast breweries. I have had it in Minnesota while visiting the in laws and associated family and everything that I had from them was good.

BallHawk
09-12-2007, 06:11 PM
There's one store down here that store Alaskan Brewing Company's beer, but they charge outrageous prices for it. I don't even know if they're allowed to sell it, I only thought that that beer would be available for sale on the west coast.

Freak Out
09-12-2007, 06:42 PM
There's one store down here that store Alaskan Brewing Company's beer, but they charge outrageous prices for it. I don't even know if they're allowed to sell it, I only thought that that beer would be available for sale on the west coast.

They can sell it anywhere (well...maybe not Utah) it is strictly a market decision. Beer should really be a local thing...the closer to home the better...there are some tasty exceptions to that rule though.

easy cheesy
03-22-2011, 12:02 PM
Did anyone mention and Old-Fashioned? C'mon people, your from Wisconsin...your all suppose to be addicted to Old Fashioned's. Below is a recipie from drinkoftheweek.com. See the Wisconsin mention!

Old Fashioned
More popular than cheese in Wisconsin

2 oz. Brandy or Whiskey
dash Angostura Bitters
3 oz. Squirt or Grapefruit Soda
Maraschino Cherry
Garnish with Lemon & Orange Slices

Mix with ice in an Old-fashioned (Rocks) glass, or a shaker for larger quantities. Add cherry and garnish.
Bitters can be substituted for store bought Old-Fashioned Mix.
Use 7UP for a sweeter drink.

OMG.... I spent New Year's Eve in Fond du Lac with Mike. Not being from Wisconsin and considering Old Fashioned's to be quite the antiquated "Old School" cocktail, I could not believe the bartenders were lining them up 12 deep and couldn't keep up with the demand. Amazing! Although I think club soda was being used instead of Squirt and sugar was being muddled with the fruit. (Although I learned there are SEVERAL ways to make an Old Fashioned and there are as many heated arguments over their preparation as there are over Schnitzel recipes in threads elsewhere!)

easy cheesy
03-22-2011, 12:17 PM
Gotta go with a great Chardonnay or a Gin Rickey... nom nom nom... Although Mike and I have pounded through quite a few Mojitos with great fervor and glee on a hot summer afternoon! LOL!

http://supercocktails.com/i/1/1435/Mojito.jpghttp://gincocktails.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/gin-rickey.jpg

easy cheesy
03-22-2011, 03:25 PM
mmmmmm

http://www.comestiblog.com/.a/6a00e55181b0268834011279155d8a28a4-320wihttp://www.giftedrums.com/article/CaneSPiritJPEG/3118Hurricane360.jpg

easy cheesy
03-22-2011, 07:01 PM
http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kpdw6giyzg1qa28qxo1_500.jpg

Iron Mike
03-22-2011, 09:26 PM
Alaskan Duck Fart (http://blog.theyoungconnoisseur.com/2010/01/18/alaskan-duck-fart-shooter-review.aspx)

http://images.quickblogcast.com/9/5/6/1/2/231703-221659/DuckFart2.jpg

swede
03-22-2011, 10:42 PM
OMG.... I spent New Year's Eve in Fond du Lac with Mike. Not being from Wisconsin and considering Old Fashioned's to be quite the antiquated "Old School" cocktail, I could not believe the bartenders were lining them up 12 deep and couldn't keep up with the demand. Amazing! Although I think club soda was being used instead of Squirt and sugar was being muddled with the fruit. (Although I learned there are SEVERAL ways to make an Old Fashioned and there are as many heated arguments over their preparation as there are over Schnitzel recipes in threads elsewhere!)

When I was a bartender at the Fire Alarm in Appleton we made "Bug Juice" for our Old Fashioned Cocktails by filling a gallon jug with five pounds of sugar, one large bottle of Angostura bitters, and seltzer out of the pressure system to fill to the top. This concoction was decanted into plastic squeeze bottles to speed up the process of intoxicating the patrons. Literally, in about eight seconds I could fill a large "bucket" glass with ice, 1 shot "Bug Juice", 1 jigger brandy, 7-Up or seltzer to fill, an orange slice and a cherry to top. Almost everyone in Appleton considered 7-Up the standard, but as I recall the shorthand for ordering was "sweet" (7-Up), "sour" (Squirt), or "Press" (seltzer). In 1978 we charged a buck and a quarter for an old-fashioned.

After much experimentation I personally found that Scotch whiskey is quite nice on ice, though I believe if I were to go back to regular drinking I might be persuaded of the merits of fine bourbon whiskies.

Iron Mike
03-24-2011, 06:46 PM
http://www.brewcityreview.com/mke.bars/appleton.bars/FireAlarm.jpg

swede
03-24-2011, 07:24 PM
Where the hell did you dig that up? LOL.
Before it was the Fire Alarm it was a poultry hatchery, so that building was in the laying chicks business for a long time.

3irty1
03-24-2011, 07:30 PM
CC and water is probably what I drink the most of. I love a good margarita though and the Brandy Old Fashions around here are hard not to like. Beer and Wine with food pretty much rule.

swede
03-25-2011, 05:30 PM

2. Add ice

For true! Cleo's Brown Beam in Appleton called these a "Suffering Bastard", but I like your idea of calling them a "Sneaky Bastard". Cleo's had a New Orlean's feel in that it was a mix of gay/straight and kept Christmas lights, surfing, nautical, and absurd decorations up year around. After a couple of SB's at Cleo's you looked around and felt as if you were in a Lewis Carrol novel. By ten o'clock one wouldn't have been surprised to have seen a giant white rabbit tending bar.

Scott Campbell
03-25-2011, 06:05 PM
I don't drink as much since moving to Utah. Go figure.

mraynrand
03-25-2011, 08:50 PM
I don't drink as much since moving to Utah. Go figure.

Having a Shirley Temple tonight, are we? Mix two parts ginger ale, one part orange juice, and a splash of grenadine, garnished with a maraschino cherry.

Scott Campbell
03-25-2011, 08:55 PM
That sounds fruity. I drink beer. And red wine. Sometimes.

Iron Mike
03-25-2011, 10:29 PM
For true! Cleo's Brown Beam in Appleton called these a "Suffering Bastard", but I like your idea of calling them a "Sneaky Bastard". Cleo's had a New Orlean's feel in that it was a mix of gay/straight and kept Christmas lights, surfing, nautical, and absurd decorations up year around. After a couple of SB's at Cleo's you looked around and felt as if you were in a Lewis Carrol novel. By ten o'clock one wouldn't have been surprised to have seen a giant white rabbit tending bar.

Yeah....Cleo's still rawks:

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/163118_494162344483_843899483_5728651_4195221_n.jp g

Note the "Christmas Story" lamp in the background....

Iron Mike
03-25-2011, 10:37 PM
Where the hell did you dig that up? LOL.

Anytime you're ready to have our "nostalgia drinking tour" roadtrip away from Manitowoc, we're starting with a Guiness and shot of Powers at McGuiness Irish Pub....directly across the street from the Police Station:

http://www.mcguinnessirishpub.com

Iron Mike
03-25-2011, 10:41 PM
Then we're off to the Old Bavarian on West College for a stein or two.....party like a MFer.....

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Q4ryTY7SZU4/SKIbRfr_NwI/AAAAAAAABIs/m1MtSGgdGc4/s400/OldBavarian0851_080608_mpk.jpg

easy cheesy
03-25-2011, 10:45 PM
Then we're off to the Old Bavarian on West College for a stein or two.....party like a MFer.....

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Q4ryTY7SZU4/SKIbRfr_NwI/AAAAAAAABIs/m1MtSGgdGc4/s400/OldBavarian0851_080608_mpk.jpg

That fuckin' dude smoked more than a chimney... the oxygen tank he had was on overload and that Apple shit he "bought" us to drink had probably been on the shelf 15 years....."BACK IN THE 80'S I PARTIED LIKE A MOTHER FUCKER!!!" ***cough, cough.... wheeze wheeze*** "Don't play the juke box until the last diner is gone... ok...now you can play it... what do you mean Marvin Gaye is dead?".... good times!!!

Iron Mike
03-25-2011, 10:49 PM
That fuckin' dude smoked more than a chimney... the oxygen tank he had was on overload and that Apple shit he "bought" us to drink had probably been on the shelf 15 years.

That was probably the cheapest drink he had around.....

http://wkow.images.worldnow.com/images/9978449_BG1.jpg

Iron Mike
03-25-2011, 10:59 PM
We're stopping at Waverly Beach on the way back for $2 Old Fashioneds:

http://www.waverlybeach.com

(They've upped them $.75 in 30 years)

easy cheesy
03-25-2011, 11:01 PM
That was probably the cheapest drink he had around.....

http://wkow.images.worldnow.com/images/9978449_BG1.jpg

Probably.... I couldn't tell if the "cloud" before my eyes was the plume of smoke wafting from his yellow stained lips or from the dust the bartender blew off the bottle before serving.... "APPLE PIE MOTHER FUCKERS!!!" ***cough cough... wheeze wheeze*** "DO YOU HAVE A MOTHER FUCKING LIGHT?"

swede
03-26-2011, 12:21 AM
Nice. You guys still party like youngsters!

Iron Mike
03-26-2011, 12:23 AM
Nice. You guys still party like youngsters!

You meet us at Meadow Lanes North, and we'll show TR times like it hasn't had for a while.....

woodbuck27
03-26-2011, 12:34 AM
Lots of rocks and good Ole amber rum drowned in pepsi. Straight an simple. On a hot day. Give me a decent bottle of ale.

easy cheesy
03-26-2011, 01:12 PM
You meet us at Meadow Lanes North, and we'll show TR times like it hasn't had for a while.....

That was awesome! Tip a guy $3.00 and he gives you free drinks... God I love Wisconsin....

easy cheesy
03-27-2011, 01:45 PM
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/26/53115823_dbb218eba4.jpg

Hey Mikey! Let's go here and throw down a couple of "Bionic Beavers" and "Flying Flamingos" and then go Shaazammmin' with leftover Gyros at "Beer Nuts" before we top it all off with some NFF time! BOOYAH!!!

Iron Mike
03-27-2011, 01:46 PM
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/26/53115823_dbb218eba4.jpg

Hey Mikey! Let's go here and throw down a couple of "Bionic Beavers" and "Flying Flamingos" and then go Shaazammmin' with leftover Gyros at "Beer Nuts" before we top it all off with some NFF time! BOOYAH!!!

What? No stop at Googles for some skee-ball???

http://www.downtownfdl.com/upload/listing_images/127/1.jpg

easy cheesy
03-27-2011, 01:53 PM
What? No stop at Googles for some skee-ball???

http://www.downtownfdl.com/upload/listing_images/127/1.jpg

Ummmmm.... no.... that dude looked at me like I was from Mars when I asked for a Chardonnay... go figure... and that old hag in the mini skirt, black vinyl boots and the moth eaten wig was pretty pissed off when a female walked into the bar that was born after 1920 and momentarily took the focus off of her furiously fluttering and flirty 1960's fake lashes.... desperately fluttering dare I say... her weapon of choice to nail old bastards for free Rum and Cokes... it was kinda difficult for her to keep that diaper hidden under the mini skirt though... lol

Iron Mike
03-27-2011, 01:54 PM
Ummmmm.... no.... that dude looked at me like I was from Mars when I asked for a Chardonnay... go figure... and that old hag in the mini skirt, black vinyl boots and the moth eaten wig was pretty pissed off when a female walked into the bar that was born after 1920 and momentarily took the focus off of her furiously fluttering and flirty 1960's fake lashes.... desperately fluttering dare I say... her weapon of choice to nail old bastards for free Rum and Cokes... it was kinda difficult for her to keep that diaper hidden under the mini skirt though... lol

I think she managed to score with Downtown Jimmy, though....

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/23273_355327421957_355_n.jpg

easy cheesy
03-27-2011, 01:59 PM
I think she managed to score with Downtown Jimmy, though....

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/23273_355327421957_355_n.jpg

Tru dat! .... or even that loser with the Buffalo Bills helmet that was so drunk he couldn't string together a sentence... He might be better suited to the old hag at the Owl Room though, the one that needed a wheelchair to be taken away while she was screaming... "Can I just get a half?" I swear I heard her diaper squish when she splatted down into that chair...

Iron Mike
03-27-2011, 02:01 PM
Tru dat!

Jimmy DOES love the ladies......

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/29227_1250368312551_1629794840_590698_5245676_n.jp g

easy cheesy
03-27-2011, 02:05 PM
Jimmy DOES love the ladies......

He looks like Ima in that picture... Summer Teeth and all... virtual chick magnet... all that's missing is that shitty hat...

Iron Mike
03-27-2011, 02:10 PM
He might be better suited to the old hag at the Owl Room though, the one that needed a wheelchair to be taken away while she was screaming... "Can I just get a half?" I swear I heard her diaper squish when she splatted down into that chair...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_V5jYS8eezmU/Ssx83B3EvbI/AAAAAAAABlU/UWr5jT3fx58/s400/87+Wheelchair+Drunk.jpg

Your chariot awaits.......

easy cheesy
03-27-2011, 02:13 PM
"BUT CAN I JUST GET A HAAAAALLLLFFFFFF?"

http://www.buckstars.co.uk/images/old-lady-smoking-cigar.jpg

Iron Mike
03-27-2011, 02:16 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lgpzahswFX1qe2zhmo1_500.gif

digitaldean
03-27-2011, 07:22 PM
http://www.brewcityreview.com/mke.bars/appleton.bars/FireAlarm.jpg

I used to bartend at that place back in the late 80s thru early 90s! It has seen MUCH better days. Has changed hands a least 4-5 times since I left there.

Was a blast bartending at the front bar with that old fire truck. I almost always worked the back bar. Slung drinks and pounded drinks while working.

swede
03-27-2011, 08:44 PM
I used to bartend at that place back in the late 80s thru early 90s! It has seen MUCH better days. Has changed hands a least 4-5 times since I left there.

Was a blast bartending at the front bar with that old fire truck. I almost always worked the back bar. Slung drinks and pounded drinks while working.

Cool! I left around '81...I was there after John Bergstrom had sold it to Gene Tellien, but I cut my teeth in Bergstrom's first Neenah businesses---the Post Office disco and the Gatsby House restaurant and Scoopers.

In my day the back bar was the sole domain of Dr. Timmy Long and Attaboy Dave. Their most infamous customer was Dangerous Dick. Dick was already polluted when he arrived, he spent a few hours smoking, drinking, and making strange observations, and then he would fall asleep. The back room bulletin board was decorated with a series of photographs of Dangerous Dick, unconscious and decorated in various outfits made of napkins, popcorn baskets, swizzle sticks, straws and fruit. Decorating Dangerous Dick after he passed out was a true art form.