PDA

View Full Version : Tonight 7 central- Iowa VS Ohio S

GrnBay007
09-30-2006, 05:40 PM
Big game tonight. GO HAWKEYES!!!!!!!!! :D

There are only three realistic chances for the nation's number one team to topple off its perch: at Michigan State in mid-October, at home against Michigan in the season ender, and this game against an Iowa team that's been on just about everyone's radar as the sleeper in the Big Ten race. The last time the Buckeyes traveled to Iowa City, they were leveled 33-7 in the worst loss in the Jim Tressel era. This is the most dangerous offensive team Tressel has coached, and the defense is coming around so fast that there hasn't been much of a drop-off from last year's powerhouse.

This year's Hawkeye team isn't quite as explosive, but it's a solid 4-0 highlighted by a great goal line stand in overtime to beat Syracuse and a surprisingly easy win over in-state rival Iowa State. Iowa is 0-9-1 all-time against No. 1 ranked teams, but this might be the squad to break the hex. Expect a well-played game with the Buckeyes getting a bigger test than last week's win over Penn State.

Expect a battle. Ohio State has been a very good number one team, and now it has a chance to prove it's great. It'll take four quarters to do it with the Hawkeye defense keeping the Buckeye attack under wraps, but Smith will come up with one Heisman-worthy play late to break the hearts of rowdy Iowa fans.

Ohio is favored by 7.

GrnBay007
09-30-2006, 07:18 PM
Game's on!! No Iowa fans here???? ingrates....lol

Bretsky
09-30-2006, 07:33 PM
Should be interesting to see which team gets closer to the win; Iowa or Green Bay.

Bretsky
09-30-2006, 07:33 PM
Game's on!! No Iowa fans here???? ingrates....lol

Must all be out picking corn :wink:

GrnBay007
09-30-2006, 07:34 PM
Should be interesting to see which team gets closer to the win; Iowa or Green Bay.

HA HA BRAT!! wish Tex was here to give you a dose of reality! :evil:

GrnBay007
09-30-2006, 08:13 PM

Ohio 14 Iowa 10 no blow out B ... 2nd Q good game!

HarveyWallbangers
09-30-2006, 08:37 PM
Ohio State 21, Iowa 10

Put that in your cornpipe and smoke it, 007.

:D

GrnBay007
09-30-2006, 09:17 PM
Ohio State 21, Iowa 10

:cry: 28-10

Scott Campbell
09-30-2006, 09:20 PM
Ohio State 21, Iowa 10

:cry: 28-10

Tell me about it. We were at the Utah/Boise State game today. We lost 36-3. At home!!!

CyclonePackFan
09-30-2006, 10:03 PM
Just got back from watching ISU eke out a terrible victory over UNI, 28-27.

F*ck the Hawks.

I would also like to debate that "surprisingly easy" comment over the ISU win. That game was a LOT closer than the score indicates. If they had trouble with us, there was NO WAY they were going to beat OSU. As sad as it makes me, that team is in an entirely different league.

GrnBay007
09-30-2006, 10:21 PM
F*ck the Hawks.

F the Hawks?????

Sorry Cyclone.................:twisted:

A TRUE IOWAN

An Iowan was doing some shopping in downtown Des Moines. He looked up at the top of a tall building and discovered a man ready to jump... "Stop," he yelled, "remember you're someone who has value!" The man yelled back, "I just lost everything in the stock market!" "But remember you're important to your wife," yelled the Iowan. "She divorced me and took everything I had that was not in the stock market." "Your children, remember your children," yelled the Iowan. "They never call," said the man. "Then your parents, remember your parents," yelled the Iowan. "Dead as doornails," said the man. "Then think of all the Hawkeye football games you will miss," yelled the Iowan. The man shouted, "But, I'm a Cyclone Fan!" The Iowan replied, "Jump, you dumb ass, JUMP!"

:razz: :wink:

Partial
09-30-2006, 10:40 PM
Cyclone,

check your pm please!

CyclonePackFan
09-30-2006, 10:47 PM
F*ck the Hawks.

F the Hawks?????

Sorry Cyclone.................:twisted:

A TRUE IOWAN

An Iowan was doing some shopping in downtown Des Moines. He looked up at the top of a tall building and discovered a man ready to jump... "Stop," he yelled, "remember you're someone who has value!" The man yelled back, "I just lost everything in the stock market!" "But remember you're important to your wife," yelled the Iowan. "She divorced me and took everything I had that was not in the stock market." "Your children, remember your children," yelled the Iowan. "They never call," said the man. "Then your parents, remember your parents," yelled the Iowan. "Dead as doornails," said the man. "Then think of all the Hawkeye football games you will miss," yelled the Iowan. The man shouted, "But, I'm a Cyclone Fan!" The Iowan replied, "Jump, you dumb ass, JUMP!"

:razz: :wink:

Eh, I'm a transplant Wisconsinite, as such, I can't really razz you back, haven't been here long enough to get many Iowa/ISU rivalry razzes. Still pissed about blowing that game, though... I might have killed myself tonight if we had lost to UNI, now I just have to gear up to watch Nebraska rack up around 800 yards of offense against us next week. :roll:

CyclonePackFan
09-30-2006, 10:49 PM
Cyclone,

check your pm please!

Done and done.

GrnBay007
09-30-2006, 10:50 PM
Eh, I'm a transplant Wisconsinite, as such, I can't really razz you back, haven't been here long enough to get many Iowa/ISU rivalry razzes. Still pissed about blowing that game, though...

LOL I'm a transplant too....from IL....just giving u a lil grief is all. :D

CyclonePackFan
09-30-2006, 10:51 PM
Eh, I'm a transplant Wisconsinite, as such, I can't really razz you back, haven't been here long enough to get many Iowa/ISU rivalry razzes. Still pissed about blowing that game, though...

LOL I'm a transplant too....from IL....just giving u a lil grief is all. :D

We deserve it. You guys won fair and square. I'm just glad I don't believe in talking trash, unlike my friend who had to eat about a flock's worth of crow.

Bretsky
09-30-2006, 10:59 PM

HEY 007,

Nice Final Score; that was my prediction for the Packer Game.

Guess I had em mixed up.

Or they'll both lose 38-17.

Cheers,
B

GrnBay007
09-30-2006, 11:00 PM

HEY 007,

Guess I had em mixed up.

Cheers,
B

Bite me B!! :neutral: ..........you anti Iowa, anti Packer person :evil:

Partial
09-30-2006, 11:04 PM

HEY 007,

Guess I had em mixed up.

Cheers,
B

007, if you ever need tools and are near dubuque, i'm your guy! Same goes for anyone near dubuque!

GrnBay007
09-30-2006, 11:12 PM

HEY 007,

Guess I had em mixed up.

Cheers,
B

007, if you ever need tools and are near dubuque, i'm your guy! Same goes for anyone near dubuque!

tools? what are you talking about? I'm about an hour out. Been to Plattville though.

mraynrand
09-30-2006, 11:14 PM
We got the Jug back! GO BLUE!!!!

Partial
09-30-2006, 11:28 PM

HEY 007,

Guess I had em mixed up.

Cheers,
B

tools? what are you talking about? I'm about an hour out. Been to Plattville though.

I have been workin' at the Sears in that mall in Dubuque. If any of you guys are in the area, stop into the home improvement area and ask for me!

GrnBay007
09-30-2006, 11:37 PM
I have been workin' at the Sears in that mall in Dubuque. If any of you guys are in the area, stop into the home improvement area and ask for me!

I've been there. Isn't it JFK mall or something like that? Gambled at their boat a time or two...ever stop there? Had some luck at the black jack table.

mraynrand
09-30-2006, 11:39 PM
I can just hear Frank Sinatra belting it out:

"It's my kind of town, Dubuque...."

the_idle_threat
09-30-2006, 11:51 PM
I've gambled on the boat in Dubuque a few times, but I don't remember any big wins. Kills me that I can't recall the name of the place right now ... :mad:

I used to ride through there on my way to Cedar Rapids, where I went to college. It was and still is a beautiful drive through SE Wisconsin on Hwy 151. Now they have bypassed all the little towns ... Mineral Point, Belmont, Platteville, and my favorite ... Dickeyville. :mrgreen: It's faster now, but a little more boring.

Partial
09-30-2006, 11:55 PM

I've been there. Isn't it JFK mall or something like that? Gambled at their boat a time or two...ever stop there? Had some luck at the black jack table.

Yep, JFK mall. I just turned 21 so I haven't been to the boats yet, but it looks like a good time!!

GrnBay007
09-30-2006, 11:58 PM
I've gambled on the boat in Dubuque a few times, but I don't remember any big wins. Kills me that I can't recall the name of the place right now ... :mad:

I used to ride through there on my way to Cedar Rapids, where I went to college. It was and still is a beautiful drive through SE Wisconsin on Hwy 151. Now they have bypassed all the little towns ... Mineral Point, Belmont, Platteville, and my favorite ... Dickeyville. :mrgreen: It's faster now, but a little more boring.

Another great place to drive through in the fall is McGregor. We've gone there and went hiking at Pike's Peak State Park ....beautiful scenery.

Partial
10-01-2006, 12:02 AM

Another great place to drive through in the fall is McGregor. We've gone there and went hiking at Pike's Peak State Park ....beautiful scenery.

I believe business 151 still goes through all the little towns outside of madison. I took it my first time going to Platteville I believe because there was construction on 151.

the_idle_threat
10-01-2006, 12:08 AM

I believe it. I haven't been there, though. I've been to Marquette a couple of times. Won some money on the Miss Marquette first time I was there. Then they changed the name of the boat and I have done squat since. It's the fault of the name change ... not the fact that the odds are against me in the first place! :wink:

And by the way, I remembered the name of the boat in Dubuque ... Diamond Jo. :smile:

Bretsky
10-01-2006, 12:09 AM
Just got out of the Hot Tub and am welcomed back with Anti-Iowa and Anti-Packer.

Well I still love the Pack........but Iowa sucks. :mrgreen:

Whenever I see somebody calling me Anti anything I think of good old Tex; after he got banned on JS I wonder where the ol guy went off to.

Cheers,
B

GrnBay007
10-01-2006, 12:20 AM
Whenever I see somebody calling me Anti anything I think of good old Tex; after he got banned on JS I wonder where the ol guy went off to.

Cheers,
B

That's what I had in mind when I posted that but I didn't want to go on with all the other name calling. :D

So what do you have against the Hawkeyes, B? Getting a lil worried about that game in Nov ??? LOL

the_idle_threat
10-01-2006, 12:24 AM
I cheered for the Hawkeyes when I lived in IA. Iowa City is a good time.

GrnBay007
10-01-2006, 12:31 AM
Iowa City is a good time. Yep! :D

Bretsky
10-01-2006, 12:43 AM

Cheers,
B

That's what I had in mind when I posted that but I didn't want to go on with all the other name calling. :D

So what do you have against the Hawkeyes, B? Getting a lil worried about that game in Nov ??? LOL

What game ? I don't remember seeing a quality team on the schedule in November ? Oh yeah, we do play Penn State and Buffalo.