PDA

View Full Version : C. Hunt STILL hurts...

Tarlam!
10-01-2006, 04:26 AM
I know, I'm flogging a dead horse, but I just looked up how much Klemm vs Clifton costs us. (Nutz, explain yourself - see Homepage article on Cliffy).

I stumbled across it - CHUNT (the "H" is silent) still counts 3.6 million against our cap this season and I want to vomit.

vince
10-01-2006, 07:05 AM
I know, I'm flogging a dead horse, but I just looked up how much Klemm vs Clifton costs us. (Nutz, explain yourself - see Homepage article on Cliffy).

I stumbled across it - CHUNT (the "H" is silent) still counts 3.6 million against our cap this season and I want to vomit.
That IS nauseating. And we just got Joe Johnson and Jamal Reynolds off our books last year. The downfall of Sherman.

red
10-01-2006, 07:23 AM
it's not that big of a deal. we have plenty of free money that we could be using but aren't, so the money that hunt has tied up really doesn't matter.

now if we had no cap room left and we needed to sign a guy, then that would suck, but for now we'er fine

and its not like we're still giving the guy money, its just a cap hit from money we already gave him

he'll be off the books next year, so you would hope we would use the damn money. of course KGB might then be counting against the cap, and woodson

it never ends, you'll always have cap penalties

Harlan Huckleby
10-01-2006, 08:32 AM
I was hoping for a "where are they now" story.

falco
10-01-2006, 08:45 AM
he'll be off the books next year, so you would hope we would use the damn money. of course KGB might then be counting against the cap, and woodson

exactly. its stupid to think sherman was unique in his busts on high profile free agents.

Tarlam!
10-01-2006, 08:54 AM
If TT zaps Woodson, we only feel it this year. It was stupid to think we have to carry people for half a decade on our books and call that "a sign of free agency".

PaCkFan_n_MD
10-01-2006, 09:30 AM
it's not that big of a deal. we have plenty of free money that we could be using but aren't, so the money that hunt has tied up really doesn't matter.

now if we had no cap room left and we needed to sign a guy, then that would suck, but for now we'er fine

and its not like we're still giving the guy money, its just a cap hit from money we already gave him

I think it does actually hurt us now. Say we 5 mil now (not sure if we do though) and you add about another 4 mil in cap from hunt, I think that would almost force TT in to giving a good player an extension beacase theres no way you could let that much money go unused. Unless theres a way of moving that much money over to the next years cap (which again would mean we lost out on some money in hunt anyways).

KYPack
10-01-2006, 09:48 AM

I don't have a recent one, but I do have a sighting.

After he was cut in GB, he got a workout in Cincy. Some of the defensive coaches that worked him out are friends of friends and I got a little report on big Clete.

Clete showed up early and ready to go. He indicated a strong desire to play and never discussed money. The coaches were struck by how broken down Hunt was. It took him forever to run a couple laps around the field. When he worked with another coach on drills, he was at about half speed. He admitted to coaches that he was hurt, but felt he could still play at a high level.

He was quiet, polite, but seemed totally determined. He realized they wanted someone who could play right away and asked him to keep him in mind if they didn't sign him.

The coaches felt he was a year or two from ever taking the field again and he never re-appeared back here.

Scott Campbell
10-01-2006, 09:49 AM

My guess is that he's spent most of his time in one of these:

http://www.la-z-boy.com/images/products/glamour/recliners/433_recliner.jpg

Fritz
10-01-2006, 10:18 AM

After he was cut in GB, he got a workout in Cincy. Some of the defensive coaches that worked him out are friends of friends and I got a little report on big Clete.

Clete showed up early and ready to go. He indicated a strong desire to play and never discussed money. The coaches were struck by how broken down Hunt was. It took him forever to run a couple laps around the field. When he worked with another coach on drills, he was at about half speed. He admitted to coaches that he was hurt, but felt he could still play at a high level.

He was quiet, polite, but seemed totally determined. He realized they wanted someone who could play right away and asked him to keep him in mind if they didn't sign him.

The coaches felt he was a year or two from ever taking the field again and he never re-appeared back here.

Dang. A humbled Cletidus Hunt. Wow. Football really can be a humbling game, I guess. And it seems that injury did it.

I'd feel bad for the guy except I read elsewhere on the site that he's costing the Pack 3.6 mil this year. That means he's actually making that much this year, right?

So I feel for the guy, but he's got some cash to soften the blow of his career-ending injury.

Patler
10-01-2006, 10:46 AM
I'd feel bad for the guy except I read elsewhere on the site that he's costing the Pack 3.6 mil this year. That means he's actually making that much this year, right?

So I feel for the guy, but he's got some cash to soften the blow of his career-ending injury.

No, the Packers are not paying Hunt anything this year. The hit to the cap is the remaining portion of his signing bonus that he received when GB re-signed him. His income this year, from GB is $0,000,000.00 ! !

KYPack
10-01-2006, 11:42 AM

Dang. A humbled Cletidus Hunt. Wow. Football really can be a humbling game, I guess. And it seems that injury did it.

Like Patler said above, that cap hit is amortized signing bonus.
The last check big Clete got from the Pack was the one he got before he got cut. The coaches here were amazed at how broken down he was from injury. Hunt said he was badly injured in that Buffalo scrimmage Shermie had.

The word I got was the coaches really liked Hunt, he was humble and very personable. They doubted he would ever play again, basically, unless he really trained his ass off.

RashanGary
10-01-2006, 11:44 AM
This might be inappropriate but my brother and I used to call him "*litorus *unt" I don't know if anyone wanted to know that but I just thought it related to the topic at hand.

Tarlam!
10-01-2006, 11:48 AM
His income this year, from GB is $0,000,000.00 ! !

That's a LOT of zero's behind the decimal..... :cool:

KY, no way Hunt trains hard. EVER. He's outta Footie.

KYPack
10-01-2006, 12:05 PM
His income this year, from GB is $0,000,000.00 ! !

That's a LOT of zero's behind the decimal..... :cool:

KY, no way Hunt trains hard. EVER. He's outta Footie.

I'm hip, Tar.
Bengal coaches said that, not me.
A. They needed a DT for the first 4 games of that year
B. A Bengal coach had scouted Hunt in college and thought he was one of the best DLineman in the country his senior year.

Ya, I know he's gonzo.

Goin to any Oktoberfests?

Tarlam!
10-01-2006, 12:19 PM
Goin to any Oktoberfests?

Na, I am having a year off of requiring an oxygen tent. Next year, though... :cool:

Patler
10-01-2006, 12:19 PM
The last check big Clete got from the Pack was the one he got before he got cut.

Not quite accurate. Hunt was paid for all of last season. When he failed Cleveland's physical, he contacted the Packers, and subsequent tests confirmed his injuries. Since he was waived with an injury, as a vested veteran he was then entitled to his full salary last year, which I assume was paid weekly throughout the entire season, as it is for the active players.

Harlan Huckleby
10-01-2006, 01:14 PM

Goddamn, that was a good report, KY!!! Reads like a John Steinbeck novel.

KYPack
10-01-2006, 09:45 PM
The last check big Clete got from the Pack was the one he got before he got cut.

Not quite accurate. Hunt was paid for all of last season. When he failed Cleveland's physical, he contacted the Packers, and subsequent tests confirmed his injuries. Since he was waived with an injury, as a vested veteran he was then entitled to his full salary last year, which I assume was paid weekly throughout the entire season, as it is for the active players.

Yeah, He got the '05 $ per the CBA.

That Buffalo scrimmage really ended his career, what was left of it.

Joemailman
10-01-2006, 10:17 PM
Cletidus Hunt
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Date of birth January 2, 1976
Place of birth Memphis, Tennessee
Position(s) Defensive tackle
College Kentucky State
NFL Draft 1999 / Round 3
Team(s)
1999-2004 Green Bay Packers

Cletidus Hunt (born January 2, 1976 in Memphis, Tennessee) is a defensive tackle in the National Football League, currently a free agent. He last played for the Green Bay Packers, where he developed a reputation as being lazy. In his career, he has amassed 119 tackles, 17 sacks, and has played in 85 games.

This biographical article relating to an American football defensive lineman is a stub. You can help by adding to it.

Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cletidus_Hunt"
Categories: 1976 births | Living people | African American football players | American football defensive tackles | Green Bay Packers players | Defensive lineman stubs

Tarlam!
10-02-2006, 02:40 AM
This biographical article relating to an American football defensive lineman is a stub. You can help by adding to it.

Boy, there are a bunch of posters on here that could sure add to it!!! :mrgreen: