PDA

View Full Version : Will Whitticker sighting!

Patler
10-01-2006, 10:54 AM
Now on Miami's active roster. Was last week too, but was a game-day inactive in week 3..

KYPack
10-01-2006, 11:45 AM
Now on Miami's active roster. Was last week too, but was a game-day inactive in week 3..

Whitticker had great feet. He was about as ready to start at RG in the NFL as I am.

I think in the right situation he can be a back-up tackle and spot player when he matures. He needs a lot more upper body strength to play NFL football.

It's a disgrace he was the starting guard in front of Brett last season.

Tarlam!
10-01-2006, 11:57 AM
In no way do I blame Whittiker for his performance last year. He had NO business being out there. That is on Sherm/TT.

He might be the wrong fit for a ZBS. But, with a bit of time to ripen and mature on the back burner, he will do fine in the league.

I hope he proves me right, because I wish him every success.

Patler
10-01-2006, 12:11 PM
In no way do I blame Whittiker for his performance last year. He had NO business being out there. That is on Sherm/TT.

He might be the wrong fit for a ZBS. But, with a bit of time to ripen and mature on the back burner, he will do fine in the league.

I hope he proves me right, because I wish him every success.

I agree Tarlam, which is why I am not ready to classify him as a bad draft choice, yet. He was picked to fit into the Sherman/Rossley/Beightol concept for O-linemen. I doubt TT would have selected him for the current staff and their approach to line play. Square peg, round hole; or in this case perhaps more accurately "too round of a peg for a more square cut hole"! :mrgreen:

Harlan Huckleby
10-01-2006, 01:59 PM
Players don't peak physically until around 28. He needed to get stronger, maybe he will.

MJZiggy
10-01-2006, 02:43 PM
"too round of a peg for a more square cut hole"!

too funny...