PDA

View Full Version : Interesting tidbit

MJZiggy
10-01-2006, 12:45 PM
I just watched this week's Mike McCarthy show and LMC brought up the explosive plays and asked what the problem is.

McCarthy blamed the coaching. Said their job was to "teach and demand" and that wasn't getting done. I like that he's willing to lay the problem out and I hope he gives his defensive coaches a little, um, attention this week.

Partial
10-01-2006, 12:46 PM
Perhaps he'll fire himself too :lol: :lol:

HarveyWallbangers
10-01-2006, 04:42 PM
I'm glad to hear that. I really am. Accountability from everyone.

Packers4Ever
10-01-2006, 05:07 PM
I just watched this week's Mike McCarthy show and LMC brought up the explosive plays and asked what the problem is.

McCarthy blamed the coaching. Said their job was to "teach and demand" and that wasn't getting done. I like that he's willing to lay the problem out and I hope he gives his defensive coaches a little, um, attention this week.

.................................................. ..............
Well if that's what Coach felt was missing, isn't it also his job to see
that "teaching and demanding" is being implemented? And not waste time getting to it ? Score one for laying it out on the line as he did.

MJZiggy
10-01-2006, 05:58 PM
I think that was part of his point, P4E. That he does see it and that he's not giving the coaching staff a free pass, letting them blame it on the players alone. I also just watched the press conference from yesterday (I think) and he said you have to look at the whole picture when talking about the secondary. He didn't want to call out any one person or aspect of their play.

Packers4Ever
10-02-2006, 12:02 PM
I think that was part of his point, P4E. That he does see it and that he's not giving the coaching staff a free pass, letting them blame it on the players alone. I also just watched the press conference from yesterday (I think) and he said you have to look at the whole picture when talking about the secondary. He didn't want to call out any one person or aspect of their play.

Fair enough, I've been liking what we're hearing lately but I'd missed that.
Do you get his Tues. night show where he discusses the most recent game? He's pretty candid and I like how he answers fan questions too.
Now - if we could only see a more open and honest TT. I know the GM doesn't have to 'tell all' but a little friendliness and charisma would go a long long way, IMO.

Tarlam!
10-02-2006, 01:39 PM
I also just watched the press conference from yesterday (I think) and he said you have to look at the whole picture when talking about the secondary. He didn't want to call out any one person or aspect of their play.

Clearly, the man has heard about the quality of football knowledge on Packer Rats.

Just as obviously, he is an avid reader of mine and has come to recognize, however short a time period it might be, that I am worth learning from.

There can be no doubt in anyone's mind that his new responses came after my calling him out recently and stating quite plainly what he should have been saying. :crazy:

MJZiggy
10-02-2006, 04:40 PM

Do you get his Tues. night show where he discusses the most recent game? He's pretty candid and I like how he answers fan questions too.
Now - if we could only see a more open and honest TT. I know the GM doesn't have to 'tell all' but a little friendliness and charisma would go a long long way, IMO.

If that is the one with Larry McCarren and what is that woman's name? Where they do an interview, analyze a play, answer questions and have a player as a guest. If they air it on Tuesday, why does it take them 'til Friday to get it on the website?? Geez.

Green Bud Packer
10-02-2006, 05:05 PM
[quote=MJZiggy]

If that is the one with Larry McCarren and what is that woman's name? .i believe her name is jesse garcia.

MJZiggy
10-02-2006, 05:14 PM
THANK YOU!!! It was on the tip of my tongue and I just couldn't reach it...

Packers4Ever
10-02-2006, 11:31 PM

If that is the one with Larry McCarren and what is that woman's name? Where they do an interview, analyze a play, answer questions and have a player as a guest. If they air it on Tuesday, why does it take them 'til Friday to get it on the website?? Geez.

I think her name is Jen. MM was the guest either last Tues. or week before.

BF4MVP
10-02-2006, 11:34 PM
I still can't believe Schottenheimer is on the coaching staff again...What a waste of a talented defensive backfield..

MJZiggy
10-02-2006, 11:35 PM
I wonder if M3 would agree with you right now...

b bulldog
10-02-2006, 11:36 PM
I would bet you that he will be here next season also.

GBRulz
10-02-2006, 11:36 PM

I think her name is Jen. MM was the guest either last Tues. or week before.

Jessie Garcia does the show with Larry McCarren. In fact, I think I might stop by tomorrow night to watch the show, I believe Greg Jennings is this weeks guest.