PDA

View Full Version : Dirty Week 4 in the NFL

Fosco33
10-01-2006, 01:50 PM
So, I get the chance to watch lots of teams and games today for the obvious reason that I'm not glued to the Packer game.

During the Saints-Panther game, Fujita (SP) intentionally went low with his shoulder and arm directly at Steve Smith's leg on a play where he wasn't even involved in the catch. There was no flag but plenty of replay - Smith was shaken up but looked ok.

Then just now during the Cowboy-Titan game, a Dtackle stomped on a Cowboy's head (the offensive linemen had his helmet knocked off). Haynesworth used his cleat and cut the guy's head - the replay showed blood gushing out... On the play, the Cowboys scored a TD and frustration turned to stupidity. It could have been the dirtiest play I've ever seen. They kicked him out of the game - I'd be surprised if he wasn't suspended for a few games for this one.

Sad.

Fosco33
10-01-2006, 01:53 PM
In thinking more about that last play, Haynesworth should be fined and kicked out for the year. He also took the guy's helmet off and kicked him twice on bare head w/ his cleats. That should never happen again - the guys a fricken thug.

Tarlam!
10-01-2006, 01:57 PM
In thinking more about that last play, Haynesworth should be fined and kicked out for the year. He also took the guy's helmet off and kicked him twice on bare head w/ his cleats. That should never happen again - the guys a fricken thug.

I wonder what Vince lombardi would say.... :crazy:

Fosco33
10-01-2006, 01:59 PM

I wonder what Vince lombardi would say.... :crazy:

Did you see the play?

Tarlam!
10-01-2006, 02:04 PM
No. As all know I am not in your country. But, I listened to it on Dallas Cowboy radio. The commentators didn't make as big a deal of it as you are. And they are paid to beat the crap outta anyone not wearing a Cowboy Star....

It was a dirty play. Read any biograpgy, you'll read about dirty plays...

Tarlam!
10-01-2006, 02:09 PM
2 point PAT. The game just got interesting....

Packers4Ever
10-01-2006, 02:21 PM
No. As all know I am not in your country. But, I listened to it on Dallas Cowboy radio. The commentators didn't make as big a deal of it as you are. And they are paid to beat the crap outta anyone not wearing a Cowboy Star....

.................................................. ............
A major football game, on national TV, and what sounds to be a murderous play, sure seems that would call for some very serious discussion and, I would think, a hefty penalty from the NFL. Hope the guy will be ok.
How would that be handled in Lambeau regardless of whose team was guilty? Hmmmmm.....

BallHawk
10-01-2006, 02:28 PM
Fujita's play wasn't a dirty one, IMO. It looked like he just slipped or lost his balance. Fujita has a good reputation in this league. I haven't seen the Haynsworth play, but if it is as bad as it sounds, than he should be suspended, 4 games min.

falco
10-01-2006, 03:20 PM

Tarlam, you sholdn't be making those comments, given you didn't even see the play.

This wasn't just a dirty play, he stomped his bare head with his cleat. Imagine what Marcus Vick did to Elvis Dumervil but direct to the head.

There should be some serious suspension and/or fines coming out of this.

Tarlam!
10-01-2006, 03:28 PM
Tarlam, you sholdn't be making those comments, given you didn't even see the play.

This wasn't just a dirty play, he stomped his bare head with his cleat. Imagine what Marcus Vick did to Elvis Dumervil but direct to the head.

I was "with" the other guys team. They did NOT think it was a big deal. In fact, they didn't even see it and relied on the replays. Even then they were placid. I mean, what am I to post except what they tell me??

Rastak
10-01-2006, 03:33 PM

I was "with" the other guys team. They did NOT think it was a big deal. In fact, they didn't even see it and relied on the replays. Even then they were placid. I mean, what am I to post except what they tell me??

I'm guessing nothing if you didn't see it.

edit: I can't comment myself because I didn't see it either.

Fosco33
10-01-2006, 03:40 PM

I'm guessing nothing if you didn't see it.

edit: I can't comment myself because I didn't see it either.

I've got it but it's just a little big to put on zippy or youtube. I haven't tried google yet - but I'll post it here if you want.

falco
10-01-2006, 03:43 PM
I've got it but it's just a little big to put on zippy or youtube. I haven't tried google yet - but I'll post it here if you want.

I saw it during the highlights between games. Obviously they found it worthy enough to show on there. I looked for it to post on here, but couldn't find it anywhere.

I'm sure it will be rebroadcast on all the highlight shows and throughout the week also.

Fosco33
10-01-2006, 03:47 PM

I saw it during the highlights between games. Obviously they found it worthy enough to show on there. I looked for it to post on here, but couldn't find it anywhere.

I'm sure it will be rebroadcast on all the highlight shows and throughout the week also.

Well, I could upload it to google but don't really feel like violating any redistribute laws... they'll replay and discuss this plenty - be patient; it's worth it.

Rastak
10-01-2006, 03:50 PM
Best cheap shot of all time was Viking Duane Cleamons (I think it was him) was on his knees and Nate Newton (I think) was standing in front of him and Duane punches Nate in the nuts as hard as he can scoring a direct hit. Nate hits the ground and leaves the game, not to return while Duane get's tossed immediately.

Actually, that Packer bodt slam on Jim McMahon was a tie.

falco
10-01-2006, 03:53 PM
Best cheap shot of all time was Viking Duane Cleamons (I think it was him) was on his knees and Nate Newton (I think) was standing in front of him and Duane punches Nate in the nuts as hard as he can scoring a direct hit. Nate hits the ground and leaves the game, not to return while Duane get's tossed immediately.

Hey Rastak, tough break on todays game, looks like you almost pulled it out at the end.

If the bears lose and the packers win, all of a sudden the division is a lot more interesting. i mean, its not like we have a hard time beating the eagles in philly.

Tony Oday
10-01-2006, 04:21 PM
That Haysworth thing looked like a rugby play ;)

Rastak
10-01-2006, 04:22 PM

Good call Tony!!!!!!!!!! I've seen many rugby games and those bastards do exactly that.

Props to Tony.

Rastak
10-01-2006, 04:24 PM

Hey Rastak, tough break on todays game, looks like you almost pulled it out at the end.

If the bears lose and the packers win, all of a sudden the division is a lot more interesting. i mean, its not like we have a hard time beating the eagles in philly.

Vikes need to get much better, and I mean much better offensively to go anywhere. Defense was stout as hell though.

Oh well, that's football. Viking games are going to be nail biters all year I think.

RashanGary
10-01-2006, 04:35 PM
I believe in hitting hard and not stopping till the play is over.

Example, if a WR is runing out of bounds adn you have a chance to knock him hard before he goes out, you do it. The way I look at it, if the WR wants to get out untouched, he should take a better angle to the sideline. It's the defenses job to enforce the field. This is just disgusting though. I agree, he should be out for a full season. YOu can not get away with that shit.

esoxx
10-01-2006, 04:52 PM

Vikes need to get much better, and I mean much better offensively to go anywhere. Defense was stout as hell though.

Oh well, that's football. Viking games are going to be nail biters all year I think.

The Vikings appear to have a very good defense. However, I see them continuing to struggle on offense all year. They have a dink and dunk offense reminiscent of the Bears about five years ago when Miller was the QB. Teams will be squatting on their routes and putting eight in the box. Taylor's got nowhere to run, even with McKinnie, Hutchinson & Birk on a massive front line.

Childress needs to rethink his D & D philosophy, imo.

Rastak
10-01-2006, 04:54 PM

The Vikings appear to have a very good defense. However, I see them continuing to struggle on offense all year. They have a dink and dunk offense reminiscent of the Bears about five years ago when Miller was the QB. Teams will be squatting on their routes and putting eight in the box. Taylor's got nowhere to run, even with McKinnie, Hutchinson & Birk on a massive front line.

Childress needs to rethink his D & D philosophy, imo.

Yea, he needs to rethink a few things. I can appreceate the fact they are in the game at the last play every game but at some point you need to impose your will on the enemy and that ain't happening.

justanotherpackfan
10-01-2006, 08:45 PM
That hit on Reche Caldwell in the Patriots/Bengals game was a huge hit.

Fosco33
10-01-2006, 08:58 PM
They'll be showing the controversial play right now on NBC halftime.

It was a 30 stich gash on the guy's face.

Either way, this guy is done - the league or organization will strickly remind players that acting like a street thug is not acceptable.

I'll guess a $50K fine and at least 4 game suspension - maybe more by the team. We should know by Wed/Thur at the latest.

justanotherpackfan
10-01-2006, 09:00 PM
Commentators getting in argument.

MJZiggy
10-01-2006, 09:59 PM
I like what Peter King said that Jeff Fisher said about it. If the league doesn't do enough, he will himself.

Rastak
10-01-2006, 10:50 PM

It was a 30 stich gash on the guy's face.

Either way, this guy is done - the league or organization will strickly remind players that acting like a street thug is not acceptable.

I'll guess a $50K fine and at least 4 game suspension - maybe more by the team. We should know by Wed/Thur at the latest.

As Tony Oday so astutely mentioned, that's actually something you see on occasion in rugby. A guy purposly slicing open another guys noggin with his cleats because he's too agressive in a ruck. First time I saw that years ago I was like "holy crap, did you see that!" and the Aussie announcer says "a bit of fancy footwork, that" and I was shocked they treated it like no big deal.

Guiness
10-01-2006, 10:58 PM

I see from the game line that Johnson had three rushes for 18 yds. I don't know if that's good or bad! Were they run blocking on a pass play and he took off :D

I just can't see having that guy running in the open field being a good thing...

ND72
10-01-2006, 11:08 PM
About Albert Haynesworth....my opinion is this guy does not see the field again this year. Weather it's the NFL suspending him, or the Titans...and if i'm the Cowboy player that took the end of this, i'm contacting some police, that's assult, brother.

Harlan Huckleby
10-01-2006, 11:11 PM
I bet the guy just gets a one game suspension.

gbgary
10-02-2006, 12:17 AM
the cowboy player took 30 stiches. he'll get more than one game. heck i think they give more than that for spitting on each other.

ahaha
10-02-2006, 12:29 AM
Not to excuse Haynesworth's gruesome behavior, but I'm sure he'd been the victim of some earlier cheap shot or chicanery. And of course he was frustrated with the way the game was going. But, there's a right and wrong way of dealing with this. If he felt aggreived, he should have done the honorable thing, and punched the guy in the nuts.

Tarlam!
10-02-2006, 02:10 AM
First time I saw that years ago I was like "holy crap, did you see that!" and the Aussie announcer says "a bit of fancy footwork, that" and I was shocked they treated it like no big deal.

I know nobody cares, but I was captain of my rugby team for 4 years in school. That's probably why I wasn't as shocked by the incident at first hearing about it.

But rucking and ripping a guy's helmut off with intent to cause grave bodily harm are two different things entirely.

In rugby, your head has no business being under the boot of an opposing player. He WILL stomp on it. But karma is a constant companion in rugby. Rucks are a part of the game, so you give what you get. And your team mates are there to lend "support", too.

Gridiron doesn't offer an opportunity for retaliation of a good old fashioned head stomping. That's why, the decribed deed is cowedly.

Still, in the olden days of the sport, I suspect this was not an unusual occurance, hence my Lombardi crack.

Fosco33
10-02-2006, 04:09 AM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/football/nfl/10/01/bc.fbn.titans.haynesworth.ap/index.html

KYPack
10-02-2006, 08:08 AM

Good call Tony!!!!!!!!!! I've seen many rugby games and those bastards do exactly that.

An elegant ruffians's game played by gentlemen. If you don't keep your shit straight, you taste the boot. In a rugby match the entire side of the attacked player would have come to his defence and beat Haynesworth bloody.

Justice is swift in that game, they don't wait for a letter from the commish on Tuesday. They'd settle Hayneswoth's hash up right there on the pitch in the then and now.

Tarlam!
10-02-2006, 08:28 AM
KY is right. If it were a malicous foul, the ref would not have had time to blow the whistle. It would have been an all-in brawl.

Not only would the team jump Hayneswoth, they would use that to jump any player that had it coming.

It's an unwritten/unspoken understanding, in Rugby, when a brawl breaks out, you knock out the guy earmarked for you. Or, he knocks you out! But you just instictively know, when it's on, who your man is.....

Funny, I'd forgotten that!

Merlin
10-02-2006, 09:51 AM
I believe in hitting hard and not stopping till the play is over.

Example, if a WR is runing out of bounds adn you have a chance to knock him hard before he goes out, you do it. The way I look at it, if the WR wants to get out untouched, he should take a better angle to the sideline. It's the defenses job to enforce the field. This is just disgusting though. I agree, he should be out for a full season. YOu can not get away with that shit.

I disagree. Taking someone out who is obviosuly of the play is wrong. Look at the Sapp-Clifton incident. Give me a break, it was a cheap shot but "legal" then. It may be good for the highlight real but there needs to be a respect level there for your fellow players. Imagine if someone had taken Sapp out the way he took out Clifton. It was a potentially career anding injury and I doubt that Sapp would have taken his "it's part of them game" stance on the player who hit him as he did when he took out Cliffy. This guy should be banned from the league and the players should be the ones pressing the issue. I don't mean Sapp here, that guy who made the highlight reel committing attempted murder...

It's bad enough that these "thugs" both on and off the field are allowed to make the kind of money they do for being so stupid. He should be in jail.

MJZiggy
10-02-2006, 10:05 AM
Merlin, it would seem Chris Collinsworth agrees with you considering his comments at halftime last night.

Partial
10-02-2006, 10:48 AM
Chris Collinsworth hit the nail on the head. Throw that punk out of the league.

MJZiggy
10-02-2006, 10:53 AM
I agree.

mraynrand
10-02-2006, 12:24 PM
If Haynesworth is smart, he'll say he was drunk or has a mental problem. Then the worst that can happen to him is a small fine. Hell, maybe the guy he stepped on called him the N word. Then it's not even his fault. Haynesworth probably had a difficult childhood and we should be finding ways of showing compassion and tolerance, not just pointless spiteful punishment. We need to UNDERSTAND him.

KYPack
10-02-2006, 04:14 PM
As posted elsewhere, 5 games.

That a strong slap.

He does anything like this again, take a year from him.

MJZiggy
10-02-2006, 05:01 PM
Has there been any comment from Fischer about it? I am so curious as to what he's gonna do here.