PDA

View Full Version : Mario finally makes some plays

b bulldog
10-01-2006, 06:40 PM
Mario Williams recorded his first sack today againt the Dolphins. He actually recorded a sack and a half. Maybe he is starting to get it or maybe he just got lucky today, I didn't get a chance to see the game. One more point, another impressive day for the most overrated player in the NFL, who happens to reside in New Orleans.

red
10-01-2006, 06:43 PM
you lie

thats impossible

he must have tripped and fallen towards the qb, while the qb was already on the ground

mmmdk
10-01-2006, 06:51 PM
Mario also prevented a 2-point conversion, Mario batted the pass. Big game vs da dolphins.

Tony Oday
10-01-2006, 07:11 PM
it was the fish though they cant keep Culpepper on his feet at all.

ND72
10-01-2006, 07:58 PM
Yeah during a pre-game show, whoever it was, i think Tom Jackson said, "if Mario can't get a sack today, then he won't this year"....called the Dolphins line the "worst" in the league. so it's not a huge surprise...he's still not worth the pick...i said before the draft happened....Mario was listed as a Middle to late 1st round pick, and then the combine came, and he put up big numbers and he shot to the top...i never go by the combine...

red
10-01-2006, 08:10 PM
Yeah during a pre-game show, whoever it was, i think Tom Jackson said, "if Mario can't get a sack today, then he won't this year"....called the Dolphins line the "worst" in the league. so it's not a huge surprise...he's still not worth the pick...i said before the draft happened....Mario was listed as a Middle to late 1st round pick, and then the combine came, and he put up big numbers and he shot to the top...i never go by the combine...

i don't agree with that last part at all

mario was on the radar for us all year , and we knew we were picking high

i was watching mock drafts all last year and i don't remember him being ranked worse then 6 or 7 all year

the combine might have jumped him 2 or 3 spots, but thats it. if it wasn't for the combine, he still would have gone top 5, the hype was there well before the combine

b bulldog
10-01-2006, 09:23 PM
I agree Red, why doesn't anyone call out the great Reggie Bush.

Partial
10-01-2006, 09:32 PM
I agree Red, why doesn't anyone call out the great Reggie Bush.

For what? He has gotta be damn near the top of total yards from scrimmage in the league!

b bulldog
10-01-2006, 09:39 PM
He has only 23 yards more than Deuce

b bulldog
10-01-2006, 09:41 PM
27th in the league in total yards, returns and yards from scrimmage.

SD GB fan
10-01-2006, 09:43 PM
reggie bush commands a lot more respect. the defense adjust to him..i dun think mario has that kinda effect.

b bulldog
10-01-2006, 09:50 PM
Bush is 33rd in the league for average yards from scrimmage. Bush is the most overhyped player in the league as of NOW!!!!!!!!!11

b bulldog
10-01-2006, 09:52 PM
SD, I'm not comparing Mario to Reggie although both have been disappointing!

gbpackfan
10-01-2006, 09:52 PM
Mario, at this point, is not a player that has to be game planned around. He is average. Maybe he will get better, maybe he won't. He better pick it up or else he is going to hear to hear the whispers "bbbuuussssstttt."

b bulldog
10-01-2006, 09:54 PM
He is raw and will take a year and a half imo but Bush is the player that many thought would be worthy of a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE draft day deal, thank God that never happened.

Partial
10-01-2006, 09:55 PM
He is raw and will take a year and a half imo but Bush is the player that many thought would be worthy of a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE draft day deal, thank God that never happened.

I reckon Colston wouldn't be having half the season he is if it wasn't for Mr. Reginald Bush.

b bulldog
10-01-2006, 10:00 PM
Pure speculation although Mr. Horn may have something to do with it along with the Deuce.

HarveyWallbangers
10-01-2006, 10:00 PM
Culpepper is on pace to get sacked a David Carr-like 84 times this year. Unbelievable. I think that would be an NFL record.

Partial
10-01-2006, 10:03 PM
Pure speculation although Mr. Horn may have something to do with it along with the Deuce.

No, watch film of this. Even watch the sportscenter highlights. Bush is being covered by a corner and has linebacker help on every pass pattern, and is being shadowed no matter where is on the field. It is outrageous the kind of attention he was getting. I was watching the sports center highlights and I saw on every single play they showed him just being swarmed by guys.

Let's put it this way: He is better than Brian Westbrook as a rookie, and listen to all the attention and worrying that has happened about having Brian Westbrook play and how if you don't stop him you won't win the game.

Bush is a force. Not a RB, WR, whatever. He's a straight up balla!

Partial
10-01-2006, 10:03 PM
Culpepper is on pace to get sacked a David Carr-like 84 times this year. Unbelievable. I think that would be an NFL record.

That's pretty outrageous. Can't feel good on the ol' prostetic knee to take that kind of beating!

b bulldog
10-01-2006, 10:06 PM
During the Packer game I saw Collins eat him up in run support and Hawk must of had a huge grin on his face when he wipped his little butt to the ground, even the turf in NO had an easy time bringing him down.

b bulldog
10-01-2006, 10:07 PM
Harv, O sT looks very, very good!

HarveyWallbangers
10-01-2006, 10:38 PM
Harv, O sT looks very, very good!

So does Michigan. Actually, I really like OSU's offense, but I think their defense is a bit fraudalent. They'll get exposed by a good offense. I don't see a national championship caliber team. Well, not one that clearly looks that way anyways.

b bulldog
10-02-2006, 05:03 PM
You are being very modest imo,