PDA

View Full Version : Rookie of the year's #'s through 4 games

b bulldog
10-01-2006, 09:36 PM
The greatest RB/WR/KR in the game and the shoo-in for offensive rookie of the year is having a average at best start to his HOF football career. Having been labeled the next Gale Sayers, Reggie "is" the next great player in the most popular sport in America. His numbers for the first four games are 45 rushes for 147 yards, 3.26 yds per carry while his true position, WR, has him catching 23 balls for 187 yards, 8.13 yards per reception. While these numbers are by no means a measuring stick for his career, they should put some people's Bush infatuation a bit tempered. He may and probably will prove me wrong but my main concern about him was his size and that he IS NOT A TRUE RB!

Partial
10-01-2006, 09:43 PM
The greatest RB/WR/KR in the game and the shoo-in for offensive rookie of the year is having a average at best start to his HOF football career. Having been labeled the next Gale Sayers, Reggie "is" the next great player in the most popular sport in America. His numbers for the first four games are 45 rushes for 147 yards, 3.26 yds per carry while his true position, WR, has him catching 23 balls for 187 yards, 8.13 yards per reception. While these numbers are by no means a measuring stick for his career, they should put some people's Bush infatuation a bit tempered. He may and probably will prove me wrong but my main concern about him was his size and that he IS NOT A TRUE RB!

He's a scat back, and those numbers are damn impressive. 83.5 yards per game as a rookie is impressive considering he is being gameplanned for more than any player I can think of off of the top of my head. That's also not factoring in special teams. Bottom line is amazing players aren't always the ones to make the biggest plays. Sometimes they open things up for their teammates.

b bulldog
10-01-2006, 09:51 PM
hE IS AVERAGING a stunning 8 yards per punt return!!! Simply stunning! He is the one ball carrier that most highschool players could arm tackle.

Partial
10-01-2006, 09:54 PM
hE IS AVERAGING a stunning 8 yards per punt return!!! Simply stunning! He is the one ball carrier that most highschool players could arm tackle.

So what? He is a rookie. figuring he returns two punts per game, he is averaging 104 yards per game. That is a 1600 yard season.

b bulldog
10-01-2006, 10:04 PM
I thought he was suppose to be the franchise player, best in years, landslide number one prospect, blah,blah,blah. He doesn't impress me but who the hell cares what I think! By no means is he a game changing player at the moment.

DannoMac21
10-01-2006, 10:43 PM
He's a fuckin' rookie, in 3 years if he's averaging the same stats, then we'll talk.

Lurker64
10-01-2006, 10:47 PM
Speaking of first round running backs, Maroney had a really nice game today, don't you think?

I for one agree that the hype on Bush, Leinart, and Young (but especially Bush) really needs to be tuned down a couple weeks ago.

ND72
10-01-2006, 10:51 PM
i said early that Maroney would be the stud RB of this class. I like Williams also, but i always though highly of Maroney, and he's proving me right so far.