PDA

View Full Version : Bears have been my representative for the SB for a long time

RashanGary
10-02-2006, 12:40 AM
http://www2.jsonline.com/idealbb/view.asp?topicID=23683&forumID=35&catID=7&search=1&searchstring=&sessionID={03C5D462-A231-4D34-8B3C-55AE9365C988}

http://www2.jsonline.com/idealbb/view.asp?topicID=28745&forumID=35&catID=7&search=1&searchstring=&sessionID={03C5D462-A231-4D34-8B3C-55AE9365C988}

I know, I'm being a damn "told you so" guy but I really thought this Bears team was for real. Nobody remembers me saying this because I didn't post over a year and a half ago but after the Bears went 4-12, I told my brother that I thought they were really close to being a dominate team and not much separated our team from theirs.

I'm young enough that I only remember kicking their asses every time we met so I don't have much hostility twards them. I think some older fans can't see the Bears for what they are because of hate and blinders. I've been watching that team grow. They really are a GREAT team and should win the SB this year. I like them better than Indy.

mission
10-02-2006, 12:45 AM
the bears have looked really good this season and that's a fact.

but to like them... erm? i couldnt fathom it. it's blashemy. :razz:

the_idle_threat
10-02-2006, 12:54 AM
http://www2.jsonline.com/idealbb/view.asp?topicID=23683&forumID=35&catID=7&search=1&searchstring=&sessionID={03C5D462-A231-4D34-8B3C-55AE9365C988}

http://www2.jsonline.com/idealbb/view.asp?topicID=28745&forumID=35&catID=7&search=1&searchstring=&sessionID={03C5D462-A231-4D34-8B3C-55AE9365C988}

I know, I'm being a damn "told you so" guy but I really thought this Bears team was for real. Nobody remembers me saying this because I didn't post over a year and a half ago but after the Bears went 4-12, I told my brother that I thought they were really close to being a dominate team and not much separated our team from theirs.

I'm young enough that I only remember kicking their asses every time we met so I don't have much hostility twards them. I think some older fans can't see the Bears for what they are because of hate and blinders. I've been watching that team grow. They really are a GREAT team and should win the SB this year. I like them better than Indy.

Easy there, tiger. The most dominant team in September/October doesn't win any kind of trophy. Tbe trophy goes to the most dominant team in January /February. Any Viking fan can tell you there's a lot of football left to be played.

KYPack
10-02-2006, 08:22 AM
the bears have looked really good this season and that's a fact.

but to like them... erm? i couldnt fathom it. it's blashemy. :razz:

Really.

That's like rooting for the Russians in the Olympics.

Don't get too excited there, Greg.

The B#%r's won a regular season game at home. There's many miles of trail to go to get to the top of the mountain. The teddies might get a few key hurts and go right back in the toilet where they belong. You knock Grossman's ass around a bit he's a different player,

We'll see what happens over the cold months on the road, after they absorb some hurts.

GBRulz
10-02-2006, 08:55 AM
when do I get to be the "I told you so" about not trading favre or requiring him to take a pay cut to stay?

KYPack
10-02-2006, 09:06 AM
when do I get to be the "I told you so" about not trading favre or requiring him to take a pay cut to stay?

Never, GBM!

It's your lot in life to never get to say,

"I told you so"

Partial
10-02-2006, 09:18 AM
Greg, I would bet you 20 dollar the bears do not get to the super bowl.

They beat a team at missing the leagues most valuable player. That would be like playing the bears without Urlacher or Tommy Harris. Totally different team.

RashanGary
10-02-2006, 09:29 AM
I had a bad read on Favre. He played like crap for the last 8 or 10 games of the season and I was pretty much not ready to play a guy who just tosses the ball up. He's come out this year with a much better attitude. I hope it lasts the full 16 games. I hope he stays focused.

I think his attention span will be better this year. I think 29 INT's are fresh in his mind and he wants to avoid that scrutiny and pain. He seems humbled and McCarthy seems to be a big upgrade over Sherm in the offense. We'll see how it plays out.

RashanGary
10-02-2006, 09:33 AM
Greg, I would bet you 20 dollar the bears do not get to the super bowl.

They beat a team at missing the leagues most valuable player. That would be like playing the bears without Urlacher or Tommy Harris. Totally different team.

I'll put 100 on teh Bears if you put 100 on a diff NFC team.

Jennings *bears* make it = 100 dollars my way
Partial's *whoever* make it = 100 dollars his way
Tie *neither make it* = No money exchange

RashanGary
10-02-2006, 09:37 AM
If you don't wnat that bet, I'll bet 20 dollars the Bears make it. If they do not make it, I pay you 20. If they do make it, you pay me 80.

I'd be willing to go 1:4 but I'm not going to take the Bears strait up against the field. I'm confident they have a good shot, but betting strait up agianst the field is unheard of this early in the season.

BallHawk
10-02-2006, 09:40 AM
As long as Grossman doesn't get injured or starts playing horrible, than the Bears will be in the Super Bowl. They have a top 3 defense, maybe the best defense, in the league. But the reason the Bears are doing so well is their offense. Grossman is playing great, he leads the league in TD and is only 51 throwing yards short of the league leader, Peyton Manning. Jones is playing good, and their O-line is doing a great job of protecting Grossman. They are, without question, the best team in the NFC.

Partial
10-02-2006, 09:44 AM
If you don't wnat that bet, I'll bet 20 dollars the Bears make it. If they do not make it, I pay you 20. If they do make it, you pay me 80.

I'd be willing to go 1:4 but I'm not going to take the Bears strait up against the field. I'm confident they have a good shot, but betting strait up agianst the field is unheard of this early in the season.

Why the fuck would I pay you 80 when I just bet you 20? This Bears team is overrated as hell. Good defense yes, good offense yet. But, whoopdy doo, they beat the Packers, a Seahawks team missing their best player, the lions, and the vikings. I think its a little premature to even declare them a playoff team. After all, they have the easiest schedule in the league.

I think Seattle, Atlanta, and Carolina are all better teams than the Bears. Possibly Philadelphia, Washington, Dallas, and New York as well.

RashanGary
10-02-2006, 12:00 PM
Well then take wich ever one you think is the best and I'll take the Bears. If neither makes it, neither of us gets paid. Instead of 100, lets just make it 20.

If the Bears make it, I get 20.
If your team makes it, you get 20.

If neither of our teams make it, we both keep our money.

I think that is a pretty fair bet. I'm willing to put money on teh Bears. I'm just not willing to do it against the whole field after 4 games into a season. That would be a serious gamble considering injuries even if you are confident in your team. I'd be happy to put my NFC team against yours, that way we have equal injury risk and I'm not betting one team against the whole field. I'm not affraid to put 20 on my team but it sounds like you have some respervations about putting 20 on yours.

Let's make the bet. Sthit, it's only 20 bucks. It will make the season more fun.

Bretsky
10-02-2006, 07:03 PM
I had a bad read on Favre. He played like crap for the last 8 or 10 games of the season and I was pretty much not ready to play a guy who just tosses the ball up. He's come out this year with a much better attitude. I hope it lasts the full 16 games. I hope he stays focused.

I think his attention span will be better this year. I think 29 INT's are fresh in his mind and he wants to avoid that scrutiny and pain. He seems humbled and McCarthy seems to be a big upgrade over Sherm in the offense. We'll see how it plays out.

I would ask you to take the same sentiment before pounding your chest with the Bears. Before I go further, I noted in another thread yesterday that you do deserve some Kudos for reading the Bears better than the rest of us and giving them their due.

When you take the sentiment of the 16 game mentaility and seeing how it plays out, that's still my view of the Bears.

I don't think they are going to the Super Bowl; but if the playoffs were right now they might be.

Time will tell.
B

Bretsky
10-02-2006, 07:05 PM
Well then take wich ever one you think is the best and I'll take the Bears. If neither makes it, neither of us gets paid. Instead of 100, lets just make it 20.

If the Bears make it, I get 20.
If your team makes it, you get 20.

If neither of our teams make it, we both keep our money.

I think that is a pretty fair bet. I'm willing to put money on teh Bears. I'm just not willing to do it against the whole field after 4 games into a season. That would be a serious gamble considering injuries even if you are confident in your team. I'd be happy to put my NFC team against yours, that way we have equal injury risk and I'm not betting one team against the whole field. I'm not affraid to put 20 on my team but it sounds like you have some respervations about putting 20 on yours.

Let's make the bet. Sthit, it's only 20 bucks. It will make the season more fun.

Right now Bears are the favorite to get there.

But Grossman still has to stay healthy and Alexander, Steve Smith return, and other factors will need to first play out.

Terry
10-03-2006, 10:49 AM
Why the fuck would I pay you 80 when I just bet you 20?

LOL! Line of the week. Straight out of Abbott and Costello (Ok, you give me your two ten's and I'll give you my five.)

RashanGary
10-03-2006, 11:09 AM
Why the fuck would I pay you 80 when I just bet you 20?

LOL! Line of the week. Straight out of Abbott and Costello (Ok, you give me your two ten's and I'll give you my five.)

Go research sports betting. All bets are like this.

jack's smirking revenge
10-03-2006, 11:11 AM
I have stated previously that I think the Bears are the most complete team in the NFL right now. Strangely, with the addition of McNair, the Ravens are close. You've got to start with defense and then slowly bring the ball-control running game around. The Bears are doing it in the air, but they have enough talent with Jones and Benson to be solid on the ground too.

Ravens v. Bears in SB 41.

Too early to tell? So what. I called a nosedive by the Packer squad in preseason when everyone was saying that "it was too early to talk doom and gloom". Well, they're proving gloomy with every game. We beat a piss-poor Lions squad that probably shot their wad playing Seattle (either that or Seattle is WOEFULLY overrated), probably will beat a struggling Rams team and possibly the Fins at home, but I don't have confidence that we'll win many more than that.

Why the Ravens? Yes, I think they're a long-shot, but they have confidence, a solid defense, and a QB who deserves to win the Super Bowl before he exits. It's hard to tell who will come out of the AFC. Maybe this is actually the year of the Colt. Should be very interesting come December. The AFC is far more entertaining than the NFC.

That's my call. I think a Cowboys v Bears NFC Championship is in the picture and what a great game that would be.

That Bears defense is just playing phenomenal right now and defense wins championships.

tyler

Dabaddestbear
10-03-2006, 12:31 PM
I had to post a link on the Bears website just to show that some Packer fans do have class and have taken off the blinders.

Tarlam!
10-03-2006, 12:33 PM
I had to post a link on the Bears website just to show that some Packer fans do have class and have taken off the blinders.

Please don't!! Cut and paste the thread, but if you let them know where we are, the place will be full of you guys!!

We like you and your buddy Bearman just fine. But not all you guys are as O.K.

Dabaddestbear
10-03-2006, 01:01 PM
Relax Tarlam, the Bear fans you speak of mostly only troll sites where Packer fans are outrageously stupid. Why do you think we play with JSonline so much? Not because they have any intelligent input but because its fun to feed crow to those that speak of things that they know nothing of.

Green Bud Packer
10-03-2006, 02:16 PM
We like you and your buddy Bearman just fine..speak for yourself please.

Tarlam!
10-03-2006, 03:00 PM
speak for yourself please.

'kay, "some" of us do. :lol:

Tarlam!
10-03-2006, 03:06 PM
Why do you think we play with JSonline so much?

I know, I used to be over there, too. But what came first? The trolling or the troll-bashing?

I recall when you and Bearman first posted here, some of the gang around here didn't take too kindly. And, you and Bearman displayed great patience, you even accepted some of our "rules", like pics in your sig etc with dignity.

Not all Teddy fans used as much discretion on JSO. I am convinced, some of your fellow-posters would have been in over their heads here to begin with.

That's why I am concerned.

BEARMAN
10-03-2006, 04:16 PM
See, I knew it, I FEEL the LOVE in here..... :D
It will not be long before I got them all wearing DA BEARS navy&orange! :shock:

Is Farve OK ?

Even though you lost, that was the best I have seen Hawk and your defence play. Your ofence still sucks though. Sorry, truth hurts.
Please be honest, not just Farve homers... Do you think Farve should retire ?

GO BEARS !

jack's smirking revenge
10-03-2006, 04:27 PM
Even though you lost, that was the best I have seen Hawk and your defence play. Your ofence still sucks though. Sorry, truth hurts. Please be honest, not just Favre homers... Do you think Favre should retire ?

Honestly, I'm torn on this one. I don't think so because I think the 2007 Packer squad will be a different team, one more to Favre's talent level and liking. Then again, the 2007 team could be a great launching pad and confidence-builder for Aaron Rodgers if he's helming the team.

With two more INTs last night and no TDs, Favre is inching closer to the wrong record. And with a team as bad as the Packers are right now, I'm sure he's questioning his decision.

But if he doesn't get the TD record this year. You can bet he'll be back next because he'll be close and will want to go out with that record on the books.

tyler

MJZiggy
10-03-2006, 05:11 PM
See, I knew it, I FEEL the LOVE in here..... :D
It will not be long before I got them all wearing DA BEARS navy&orange! :shock:

Is Favre OK ?

Even though you lost, that was the best I have seen Hawk and your defence play. Your ofence still sucks though. Sorry, truth hurts.
Please be honest, not just Favre homers... Do you think Favre should retire ?

GO BEARS !

Favre's gonna be fine. He got knocked in the head. Ummmm were you and I watching the same game? Offense did ok, especially in the first half. It was the defense that sucked.

BEARMAN
10-03-2006, 09:35 PM
Well, .. to be truthfull, and at the chance of being banned... :shock:
Your whole team sucked last night, but, I did see Hawk be around the ball, and looked as tho he was some what knowing what was going on. Your ofence line was holding, and missing blocks all night long, that with your WR dropping balls all over the field and no run game... :neutral: You kicker looked good. I think your defence looked better then you ofence. My .02

GO BEARS !

MJZiggy
10-04-2006, 09:55 AM
I don't think that assessment is all that far off. I'd argue that the run game did better than it has in the past (which isn't saying much, but it's hard to fault them for improvement when the RB and FB are in their first two games of the season). The kicking game was good (except for one punt in the 4th quarter) but the return protection still needs a whole lotta work cause they stunk up the field.